Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,269 members, 7,807,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o (3458 Views)

Early Black Friday With Jumia.com / Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily / Ex-bankers Jailed 91 Years Over N114.6m Fraud (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by ajayi1(m): 2:49pm On Jan 24, 2015
I have waited at least for about 2 months before taking this to social media. I bought 2 Nexus gas cooker for ₦38,855 each from jumia.com with order number 301632546 since 03/12/14. We needed the cooker for Xmas. But to my surprise only one was delivered after Xmas. And in the delivery receipt it states 2 items. I verified with the delivery driver who said I should wait that its probably being shipped in batches. So maybe within the next few days the 2nd delivery would be made. After waiting a whole week I started calling Jumia thats when the headache and troubles started. I've called Jumia at least 3 times a week for 2 months and from estimate calling alone would have cost me N10,000 thats outside the headaches I've faced troubles and now trauma; scared of being things online in Nigeria. I've always told them even thigns I buy from amazon.com in America arrives Nigeria in 2 weeks max.

I'm reporting Jumia.com here because I see that nairaland takes adverts from them and they are defrauding customers or making them go through unnecessary stress. It would be easier for anybody to just walk into a physical shop like the game/lg/parknshop/ etc and pay cash one time and get your items.

I wish there are consumer right activist that can help with this situation. I want compensation and refund. Compensation for all the calls and unreplied emails. Nobody calls you back or give you status updates. They are complete fraud. I spent about N450k with them during the festive seasons and half of my orders did have problems. I've had several problems with them which they've been resolving with snail speed and sending me stupid vouchers for. Atleast I have 4 unused vouchers with the jumia. Some refund from another item which took about a month to get to my account. Its useless when you want an item they post as available then they give you voucher to look for something else to buy after telling you its no longer available. I want my money back fast jumia. N38k+ for the gas cooker. about N3k plus for the broken plates you delivered and later retrieved.

I would want this to hit the front page its painful.

Order number: 301632546 (Gas cooker)
ORder number: 305243926 (Broken plates)

I'll copy lindaikeji and any blog willing to help about this situation
Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by redcliff: 2:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
Stop using your atm to buy.. always do pay on delivery.. its that simple..

1 Like

Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by adanduka: 3:02pm On Jan 24, 2015
You shouldn't have accepted 1 gas cooker. You should have rejected it on the spot until they bring two. Except they were purchased at different times.
Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 24, 2015
Mods should respond to this quick nd move to fp
Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by dapperman(m): 3:10pm On Jan 24, 2015
My wife ordered a nokia pone since early december only to be called last week that's its no longer available. I feel ur pain bro. Their incompetency is really getting widespread. They need to do something quick or loose all credibilty. As for ur next line of action, I would advice you to try to reach them via email giving them an ultimatum to respond to ur situation or face legal action. Trust me no sane organization likes to taint thier reputation with 'legal actions'.
Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by obongtunji: 3:25pm On Jan 24, 2015
The best thing is go to an outlet and buy anything you want to buy. If you Must buy online then insist on pay on delivery. If you pay they can decide to give you substandard product and it is normally delayed because they have nothing to loose, you have paid which means you must surely wait for your order. But if it is pay on delivery they will make sure your order get to you fast.
Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by ajayi1(m): 3:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
1. I do prefer planned spending. And paying off my bills one time thats why I chose to pay one time. Instead having leave cash with someone at home. Then some unplanned situation may happen which will absorb the cash. And its safer to just not keep cash at home.
2. With the driver's batch deliver explanation I didn't think there would be any foul play. Bought 2 pressing irons. plates this things where delivered at separate dates, we had to make sure there was always someone at home throughout the december period
3. My wife is very very displeased already. THe old gas cooker is bad.

Legal action will be the right thing to do. BUt I need to weigh my options. Maybe creating anti Jumia.com ad campaigns on facebook and creating a dedciated website would be cheaper than legal fees. I'll buy a domain and hosting for that this coming week and maybe spend $200 on Facebook/google adds. Unless maybe through this forum a lawyer would want to work with me based on mutual understanding.
Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by Nzecorneboy: 4:13pm On Jan 24, 2015
payment at delivery still the best
Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by Monarchmindset(m): 5:09pm On Jan 24, 2015
@ajayi1 jumia is not Fraud or Scam so There is nothing you can do to tarnish their image, even if you place an advert in the sky.
Even BIG sites like Amazon also disappoint their client, i remember ordering some stuff from them worth around $100 since 2012 they told me it they've sent it but till today i haven't received anything.
So as a client i can feel your pain, but you know you can also go to their office and complain or call them instead of you wasting you time here calling then fraud.

1 Like

Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by ajayi1(m): 5:38pm On Jan 24, 2015
@Monarchmindset I guess you work for them. Do YOu know where their physical office is located? They will tell you over the phone they don't have a physical office. No addresses on their website too. http://www-jumia-com-ng/contact/ --- provide me with their physical address and will be there the next working day.

Well talking about amazon. If you have an incomplete order they will replace or make fast refund with no further questions asked. I guess you didn't handle that well with amazon. . And hopefully you didn't ship directly form the US to Nigeria of course NIPOS can have your package missing you have to use drop shippers/freight forwarders.

1 Like

Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by kokorunna(m): 6:23pm On Jan 24, 2015
Very funny this is about to happen, customer service is very bad in returning to customer complaints and there is NO competition for Jumia and Konga so they do whatever they like ..... disappointed.

You should have never accepted one item when your two .... lesson for others sad
Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by abhosts(m): 7:35pm On Jan 24, 2015
My 47k I paid for an order on black friday is still with Konga and i have not seen anything till date. Their Customer Service staff are nothing but human answering machines and cannot help.
Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by ajayi1(m): 8:18pm On Jan 24, 2015
@abhost and you are not complaining? Konga is got physical office you need go down there and resolve the issue. I think they are affiliated with dealdey. Lets face this jumia problem of mine. Any lawyer in the house?
Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by dav8id(m): 8:23pm On Jan 24, 2015
@OP SORRY OOO..MY THOUGH IS ALWAYS PATRONAGE ALL THOSE SMALL SMALL IMPORTERS HERE ON NAIRALAND @ALL...YOU CAN PREORDER WHATEVER YOU WANT FROM ANY OF THE TRUSTED NAIRALANDER HERE..ALL GOODS SOLD BY KONGA AND JUMIA ARE ALL CHINA MADE..SO GO FOR THOSE YOUNG SHALL GROW IMPORTERS BY PREODER YOUR GOODS ..EVEN KONGA AND JUMIA COLLECT YOUR CASH AND PREORDER THOSE GOODS FOR YOU...

1 Like

Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by ajayi1(m): 2:15pm On Jan 25, 2015
Well I'll wait and see whats possible this new week.
Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by tEsLim(m): 6:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
Watching
Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by JumiaOnline(m): 7:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
Hello Teslim,

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused while shopping with us.

Sequel to our telephone conversation, the replacement is currently in process.

Thanks a lot for your patience and patronage.

Jumia cares.
Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by ajayi1(m): 9:54pm On Jan 26, 2015
Update: Just received a call from the Jumia resolution center the personnel said he saw this on social media. He promise delivery or cash by Friday. I'll keep everyone updated.
Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by ajayi1(m): 5:02am On Jan 27, 2015
We agreed the item will be shipped and Ill get it by Friday but on refreshing the coupon page now what I see is a voucher. I will call Jumia in the morning. now the same gas cooker is ₦44,045 .. 6k more expensive what use is the voucher then. I will just ask for cash
Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by ajayi1(m): 12:16pm On Jan 28, 2015
Got my cooker after 2 months .. thanks to the power social media tongue
Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by encrypt(m): 4:39pm On Jan 28, 2015
WELL lucky you! i was not so lucky. Since their black friday sales saga till now they have refused to refund me after cancelling my order. I have called and mailed to no avail. The funny thing is that they only reply my mails when i threaten to take to social media but am guessing they knew i would not because the amount involved is negligible. Well what you thieves dont know is in business reputation is everything no matter how small the amount involved is. Anyways i finally had it with them and told them where to shove the money and asked that i no longer want my account.
SURPRISINGLY THEY CLOSED MY ACCOUNT
So it was so easy to follow instructions and yet they refused to pay me? The only issue i still have with them besides the order issues is that they still send me mails after i unsubscribed (twice).
IF YOU WANT A HORRIBLE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE JUMIA IS YOUR BEST BET
WHAT ABOUT TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE? THEY ARE LEADING AT THAT TOO
OUTRAGEOUS SHIPPING COSTS?? YOU GUESSED RIGHT JUMIA!!!
Just ordered an infinix from KONGA and already i have been mailed that it has been shipped with no shipping cost!...Thats how things are done!
Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by JumiaOnline(m): 6:31pm On Jan 28, 2015
Hello Encrypt,

Kindly revert with your order details (order number, email, phone number, first name or last name) to help us ensure the issue is immediately resolved.

Jumia cares.
Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by encrypt(m): 8:47pm On Jan 28, 2015
JumiaOnline:
Hello Encrypt,

Kindly revert with your order details (order number, email, phone number, first name or last name) to help us ensure the issue is immediately resolved.

Jumia cares.
How exactly do i do that? Last time i got this response i sent you the requested details and nothing happened
You make it sound like theres a platform where we will enter those details and the job gets done.
Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by abhosts(m): 1:53pm On Jan 29, 2015
ajayi1:
@abhost and you are not complaining? Konga is got physical office you need go down there and resolve the issue. I think they are affiliated with dealdey. Lets face this jumia problem of mine. Any lawyer in the house?

Konga saw my complaint on Nairaland and I have received my refund.

1 Like

Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by nga2020: 7:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
Must anything Nigeria be that bad, look at Amazon or Alibaba. All these fraudulent activities will only push Nigerians away from online shopping. Someone should please remind jumia that the 'customer is still the king'.
Re: Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o by MrBashoo(m): 3:03pm On Dec 29, 2015
Jumia.com is really bad to the cour. I returned 3 power bank back to them for the past a month and i haven't get any reply.
I mail them no reply. I called them no reply i tried all my best to get in with them all na gbagaun
abeg if una like una money go shop go buy waitin u won buy jumia.com na 419
Azeez Bashir
3powerbanks

(1) (Reply)

100 Young And Successful African Entrepreneurs Who Amaze And Inspire Me (photos) / LPG Skid Tank Plant For Sale / Need Advice On Starting A Transportation Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.