Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,753 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

How To Pray For 24hours - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Pray For 24hours (3396 Views)

Christians Allow Muslims To Pray Inside Church After Mosque's Closure / Apostle Suleman To Pray With Donald Trump And Mayor Of Washington. / Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Pray For 24hours by misreal(m): 3:06pm On Jan 24, 2015
how can I pray for 24hours..I really wish I could....xtians only..
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by Applaner: 3:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
by praying
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by misreal(m): 3:19pm On Jan 24, 2015
Applaner:
by praying
how
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by elantraceey(f): 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2015
why do you want to pray for 24hours?

1 Like

Re: How To Pray For 24hours by plaetton: 4:13pm On Jan 24, 2015
elantraceey:

Exactly my question too.

If you have to pray for 24hrs, doesn't that tell you one of several things ?
1. Prayers are futile and useless in a universe with immutable laws of cause and effects.
2. You just might be on the outer thresholds of a mental ilkness. No insult intended.

But I think psychological counseling , even from mom, dad, grandma , close sibblings and close friends might be much more be beneficial to you now than 24hr prayer that I fear might actually push you over the edge.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Pray For 24hours by misreal(m): 4:20pm On Jan 24, 2015
elantraceey:
I want to know God more..
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by elantraceey(f): 4:21pm On Jan 24, 2015
plaetton:

Exactly my question too.

If you have to pray for 24hrs, doesn't that tell you one several things ?
1. Prayers are futile and useless in a universe with immutable laws of cause and effects.
2. You just might be on the outer thresholds of a mental ilkness. No insult intended.
But I think psychological counseling , even from mom, dad, grandma , close sibblings and close friends might be much more be beneficial to you now than 24hr prayer that I fear might actually push you over the edge.

There are different reasons why one will want to pray for 24 hours and that's why i asked .Prayer is a communication and it's not in any way fruitless if done the right way.
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by plaetton: 4:38pm On Jan 24, 2015
elantraceey:

There are different reasons why one will want to pray for 24 hours and that's why i asked .Prayer is a communication and it's not in any way fruitless if done the right way.
Regardless of what prayer is for, how long should it take to communicate one's inner feelings and needs to an omnipresent and omniscient deity?

A prayer beyond a minute is more about doubts and fear than anything else.
For me, this is the best proof that Christians don't really believe in their innermost minds that god is out there, but certainly HOPE that he is.

An extended prayer is a sure sign of frustration and doubt about the entire exercise.

I cannot see a fervent prayer and still believe that the petitioner has faith.

5 Likes

Re: How To Pray For 24hours by misreal(m): 4:39pm On Jan 24, 2015
elantraceey:

tnx..I didn't have the strength to argue with him..
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by Ranchhoddas: 7:45pm On Jan 24, 2015
misreal:
strength or capability?

3 Likes

Re: How To Pray For 24hours by Vinx4Christ(m): 8:03pm On Jan 24, 2015
misreal:

bro praying for 24hours is not by strength or so.... D Bible says "But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost," (Jude 1:20).

So my question is do u pray in tongue?
Not d 1 u learn oooo
Holy Ghost baptism...
If yes dis is d only means u can pray unto 24hours if not u will only end up in repetition or tired but wen u are praying in spirit u will be empowered and strengthen to pray all tru
hope dis help bless u bro

1 Like

Re: How To Pray For 24hours by misreal(m): 8:12pm On Jan 24, 2015
plaetton:

Regardless of what prayer is for, how long should it take to communicate one's inner feelings and needs to an omnipresent and omniscient deity?

A prayer beyond a minute is more about doubts and fear than anything else.
For me, this is the best proof that Christians don't really believe in their innermost minds that god is out there, but certainly HOPE that he is.

An extended prayer is a sure sign of frustration and doubt about the entire exercise.

I cannot see a fervent prayer and still believe that the petitioner has faith.
hmmmmm...if you know nothing about prayers,please stop saying things that will be detrimental to you..
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by misreal(m): 8:13pm On Jan 24, 2015
Vinx4Christ:

bro praying for 24hours is not by strength or so.... D Bible says "But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost," (Jude 1:20).

So my question is do u pray in tongue?
Not d 1 u learn oooo
Holy Ghost baptism...
If yes dis is d only means u can pray unto 24hours if not u will only end up in repetition or tired but wen u are praying in spirit u will be empowered and strengthen to pray all tru
hope dis help bless u bro

thank you sir,it really did help.
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by misreal(m): 8:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
Ranchhoddas:
strength or capability?
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by misreal(m): 8:15pm On Jan 24, 2015
Ranchhoddas:
strength or capability?
strength sir,I know perfectly what I learnt and I also know what you are drifting at..
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by kepstone: 8:16pm On Jan 24, 2015
Poster is possible. I hv spend 3days alone wit God I hv prayed for a lengthy tym for hours. I don't kip count. Don't allow aone to discourage u. My goal of coming to God shld b lord just want to b close to u, wen God sees such heart den u ar ready for an outpour of his grace. D kind of prayer u ar tlking abt is born out of true intimacy wit d father.I guarantee u dt wen ur heart is overwhelm wit intimacy n prayer u realised dt u hv prayed for hours without u knowing. Its ur heart seeking for his presence, his glory, his rain. Since u hunger n thirst after rightousness u shall b filled. Then d HolySpirit hlp us to pray for we knw not how to pray as we ought to but the HolySpirit interceeds for us with roanings that can not be utter Rom. 8:26. D HolySpirit is d one birthing prayers through ur spirit. Also if u can speak in tongue u can prayer for hours. God is ur strenght I hope u found dis hlpful.

1 Like

Re: How To Pray For 24hours by Ranchhoddas: 8:19pm On Jan 24, 2015
misreal:
strength sir,I know perfectly what I learnt and I also know what you are drifting at..
ok
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by misreal(m): 8:22pm On Jan 24, 2015
kepstone:
Poster is possible. I hv spend 3days alone wit God I hv prayed for a lengthy tym for hours. I don't kip count. Don't allow aone to discourage u. My goal of coming to God shld b lord just want to b close to u, wen God sees such heart den u ar ready for an outpour of his grace. D kind of prayer u ar tlking abt is born out of true intimacy wit d father.I guarantee u dt wen ur heart is overwhelm wit intimacy n prayer u realised dt u hv prayed for hours without u knowing. Its ur heart seeking for his presence, his glory, his rain. Since u hunger n thirst after rightousness u shall b filled. Then d HolySpirit hlp us to pray for we knw not how to pray as we ought to but the HolySpirit interceeds for us with roanings that can not be utter Rom. 8:26. D HolySpirit is d one birthing prayers through ur spirit. Also if u can speak in tongue u can prayer for hours. God is ur strenght I hope u found dis hlpful.
what?3 days?...please sir are you on Whatsapp.give me ur number.i really need to chat privately with you
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by Vinx4Christ(m): 8:32pm On Jan 24, 2015
misreal:
thank you sir,it really did help.

All thanks to God

may God empower us for dis endtime
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by misreal(m): 8:34pm On Jan 24, 2015
Vinx4Christ:

All thanks to God

may God empower us for dis endtime
amen
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by Vinx4Christ(m): 8:47pm On Jan 24, 2015
misreal:
amen

pls note that it will be good if u share ur study time with ur prayer time... "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." (Isaiah 1:18).

U see in dis verse God want us to reason together not only we talking to Him.... So we reason together with God by reading the Bible(God reasoning with us) and we praying (we reasoning with God) so is something we really need to balance as we seek God.

I will also advice if u can start with 6 hours from 6 to 12 then 24:
God bless
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by plaetton: 8:47pm On Jan 24, 2015
misreal:
hmmmmm...if you know nothing about prayers,please stop saying things that will be detrimental to you..

Big laugh.
If I know nothing about prayers, doesn't that by itself tell you much about prayers, .. and that you may not need it to face life?

Any one that presumably knows anything about prayers would not contemplate praying for 24 hrs.

My dear, The source of all unhappiness lies in the AGONY OF UNFULFILLED DESIRES AND EXPECTATIONS.

The more time you spend praying, the more unfulfilled expectations you will likely suffer.
This is not my opinion, but the fact of life.

A good honest counseling from a love one does a million times more concrete benefits than a milion hours of prayer.

2 Likes

Re: How To Pray For 24hours by misreal(m): 8:55pm On Jan 24, 2015
plaetton:

Big laugh.
If I know nothing about prayers, doesn't that by itself tell you much about prayers, .. and that you may not need it to face life?

Any one that presumably knows anything about prayers would not contemplate praying for 24 hrs.

My dear, The source of all unhappiness lies in the AGONY OF UNFULFILLED DESIRES AND EXPECTATIONS.

The more time you spend praying, the more unfulfilled expectations you will likely suffer.

A good honest counseling from a love one does a million times more concrete benefits than a milion hours of prayer.
if you had nothing meaningful to offer,please stop commenting......
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by misreal(m): 8:57pm On Jan 24, 2015
Vinx4Christ:

pls note that it will be good if u share ur study time with ur prayer time... "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." (Isaiah 1:18).

U see in dis verse God want us to reason together not only we talking to Him.... So we reason together with God by reading the Bible(God reasoning with us) and we praying (we reasoning with God) so is something we really need to balance as we seek God.

I will also advice if u can start with 6 hours from 6 to 12 then 24:
God bless
woooowww....nice tip..do u mean,I can study and pray at the same time?
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by plaetton: 9:09pm On Jan 24, 2015
misreal:
if you had nothing meaningful to offer,please stop commenting......
Oh ,
My dear, I have given something useful, perhaps not for you, but for any one person out there.
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by malvisguy212: 9:35pm On Jan 24, 2015
plaetton:

Oh ,
My dear, I have given something useful, perhaps not for you, but for any one person out there.
good evening bro.
the brother say not for atheists.

1 Like

Re: How To Pray For 24hours by plaetton: 10:50pm On Jan 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
good evening bro.
Reminder:
This is a public forum.

Besides, "atheist" is just a label.
We are all humans that share the same feelings of happiness and sadness, empathy, love and hate.

3 Likes

Re: How To Pray For 24hours by malvisguy212: 10:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
plaetton:

Reminder:
This is a public forum.

Besides, "atheist" is just a label.
We are all humans that share the same feelings of happiness and sadness, empathy, love and hate.

you are very correct, but the guy say Christians only, meaning he need no advice from other's people who do not shere the same belief with him.
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by plaetton: 11:01pm On Jan 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
good evening bro.

And aslo, Bros, putting religion aside, it is easy for me to recognize a cry for help when I see one.
We Nigerians are not proactive in recignizing early signs of mental distress because we use religion to obfuscate and irrationlize every issue.

The op needs counseling, psychological, or medical help. I am serious. Not mocking the Op.

Low dopamine levels in the brain cause trigger serious depression and a crisis of meaning.

Somebody who wants to pray for 24hrs is OBVIOUSLY suffering from a crisis of meaning.

All she might need are love and self validation from friends and family.

Like I said early 24 hr prayer will only exacerbate her agony of unfulfilled desires and expectations.

Everything is not about religion and faith.

2 Likes

Re: How To Pray For 24hours by asala1: 11:02pm On Jan 24, 2015
plaetton:

Big laugh.

Thanks for the piece.

1 Like

Re: How To Pray For 24hours by plaetton: 11:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
asala1:

Thanks for the piece.
You are very welcome.
smiley
Re: How To Pray For 24hours by malvisguy212: 11:16pm On Jan 24, 2015
plaetton:

And aslo, Bros, putting religion aside, it is easy for me to recognize a cry for help when I see one.
We Nigerians are not proactive in recignizing early signs of mental distress because we use religion to obfuscate and irrationlize every issue.

The op needs counseling, psychological, or medical help. I am serious. Not mocking the Op.

Low dopamine levels in the brain cause trigger serious depression and a crisis of meaning.

Somebody who wants to pray for 24hrs is OBVIOUSLY suffering from a crisis of meaning.

All she might need are love and self validation from friends and family.

Like I said early 24 hr prayer will only exacerbate her agony of unfulfilled desires and expectations.

Everything is not about religion and faith.
I have seen a girl healed from HIV, infacte the pastor that held prayer that night,after the prayer he continue his journey to Lagos, it was later in the day that they called him and let him know what happened. That same night, my best friend who we walk into church together, as the prayer was going on, he speak with multiple voices and cried.

If the op say Christians only, maby there is a reasoned for that. Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SERMON JOTTERS: Fufiling God's Purpose For Our Life / Why Did God Plant The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? / Christ Embassy No Bi Church Walai!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.