Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:36 PM

Web Tv Help - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Web Tv Help (816 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Tv Help by hakimade(m): 11:10pm On Dec 23, 2008
Hello

i am the current webdesigner for a European television channel named Demtv. recently i was asked to give users a function which would allow them to watch the channel directly from the website. I have never done this before so im a complete newbie when it comes to streaming media online. could somebody please give me advice on what i should do? or at least where i should start from.
if it is possible to stream from webcam to website Live is it possible to stream from Tv Tuner Card Live

Thanking you
DemMedia
Re: Web Tv Help by hakimade(m): 1:12am On Dec 24, 2008
Hello

i am the current webdesigner for a European television channel named Demtv. recently i was asked to give users a function which would allow them to watch the channel directly from the website. I have never done this before so I'm a complete newbie when it comes to streaming media online. could somebody please give me advice on what i should do? or at least where i should start from.
if it is possible to stream from webcam to website Live is it possible to stream from Tv Tuner Card Live

Thanking you
DemMedia
Re: Web Tv Help by yawatide(f): 2:57pm On Dec 24, 2008
Yes it is possible. You will need to contact a streaming video/audio company in europe to get their rates. In the US for what I researched, they charge per package or per user with respect to bandwidth.

Since you are in europe, why not check out how UEFA has implemented their functionality? Visit www.uefa.com, check out what they charge users, check out the company offering this (I think realplayer), contact them and go from there.

Good luck!
Re: Web Tv Help by Kobojunkie: 12:30am On Dec 25, 2008

(1) (Reply)

Project Topics / Video Tutorials From Lynda.com / Lagos Google Technology User Group Holds Open House At The University Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.