Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... (13854 Views)

Nigerian Guy Shows His Cooking Skills: Says "Forget About The Big Boy Things" / Some Funny Cooking Practices Done By People / Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by elantraceey(f): 6:38pm On Jan 24, 2015
Here's a thread for our cooks cheesy [ladies and gents], Don't feel shy mistakes happens once in a while wink

Here's mine grin

One this very beautiful day i just returned from school then my mummy sent me immediately to the kitchen , with the anger on my face i staggared to kitchen , normally it's way i cook bean : The fast and the normal tongue . The fast way , i just put the beans on fire with all the necessary ingredients excluding oil and pepper of course while the normal way is just to put the bean with just potash and onions and allow the heat do it job so on this beautiful day i adopted my fast method and pour in all my ingredients with my supposed cryfish(grounded, you'll find out why it's supposed soon ), came back latter saw it was cooked added pepper and oil and that was it . Minutes later my cousin came in and as usual her first point of call was the kichen , when she heard i cooked beans she was overjoyed saying that she haven't eaten beans in while and she knows my beans is always special. As she served herself she noticed the beans was slimy then she called out to me laughing * Tracey why your beans dey draw?* I replied * maybe na the beans hand , if you nor wan chop commot there* . She said she couldn't eat it and opted bread , my siblings served themselves and atr though they asked the same question (you know children can eat anything ) till my mum decided to see the food everyone was complaining about (all this while i didn't even get close to the pot) , after checking she called me and asked me show her the crayfish i put in it, i went to the cupboard and it was then i noticed there was two look alike items in look alike containers but i knew the one i took from ,collected it and went to show her, immediately she opened it she burst into laughter and then said *so na ogbono you take cook beans? * in our dialet , i was shocked then i took it from her and checked it , til date i still wonder how come i didn't notice it at first , i was called ogbono beans for that whole week and till date my mum still use it to yab me any day she remembers sad

Oya over to you grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by Deefuray(f): 6:49pm On Jan 24, 2015
I wasn't watching so I poured groundnut oil into the beans I was cooking

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 24, 2015
I was cooking egusi soup and stew at the same time,I mistakenly poured the grinder fresh tomato and curry inside the soup. This happened because i got a very sad news while cooking and I lost interest in the food. cry

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by elantraceey(f): 6:53pm On Jan 24, 2015
Deefuray:

Lolz , i've even heard of groundnut oil beans before , did you still eat it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by elantraceey(f): 6:54pm On Jan 24, 2015
terza:
I was cooking egusi soup and stew at the same time,I mistakenly poured the grinder fresh tomato and curry inside the soup. This happened because i got a very sad news while cooking and I lost interest in the food. cry

*covers face*

i guess you had to throw it away

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by naijaboiy: 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2015
Deefuray:
You're not a wife material angry
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by naijaboiy: 6:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
elantraceey:

*covers face*

Ogbono beans grin

You sef no be wife material angry

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by 1dafullymade(f): 6:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
^^^ groundnut oil beans is very delicious. aszin very very delicious....

11 Likes

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 24, 2015
elantraceey:

*covers face*

the boys ate it all,it will amaze u what boys can eat esp when they are hungry. cheesy
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 24, 2015
Lol! I don't cook and last I did so, was at 12years. grin
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 24, 2015
hahaha
Nice thread

Mine happened just last two weeks, I used this Nescafe bottle to put my "grounded crayfish".

So, that faithful evening I was cooking afang soup...inshort I was done....but I felt the crayfish wasn't enough...as I wanted to go get the crayfish - they took light.
I grabbed a Nescafe bottle actually containing coffee, poured generously into my soup. grin

Just as I wanted to stir, the Holy spirit ministered to me, I ran to get a torch light...you know the rest na.

I had to scoop out the top (of the soup).

13 Likes

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by elantraceey(f): 7:11pm On Jan 24, 2015
naijaboiy:

Ogbono beans grin

You sef no be wife material angry

tongue tongue

If i give you , you for still chop.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by elantraceey(f): 7:12pm On Jan 24, 2015
1dafullymade:
^^^ groundnut oil beans is very delicious. aszin very very delicious....

hehehe , i might just try it one day
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by elantraceey(f): 7:13pm On Jan 24, 2015
terza:
the boys ate it all,it will amaze u what boys can eat esp when they are hungry. cheesy

hehehe i know them grin
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by MissSlimbody(f): 7:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
hahaha
Nice thread

Mine happened just last two weeks, I used this Nescafe bottle to put my "grounded crayfish".

So, that faithful evening I was cooking afang soup, I just felt the crayfish wasn't enough...as I wanted to go get the crayfish - they took light.
I grabbed a Nescafe bottle actually containing coffee, poured generously into my soup. grin

Just as I wanted to stir, the Holy spirit ministered to me, I ran to get a torch light...you know the rest na.

I had to scoop out the top.

Hahahahahah cheesy

Coffee flavored Afang soup grin

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by naijaboiy: 7:17pm On Jan 24, 2015
elantraceey:

tongue tongue

If i give you , you for still chop.
Taaah!

I pray o! tongue
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 24, 2015
elantraceey:

hehehe i know them grin
they even started encouraging me telling me it's not that bad that even yoruba pple cook that way cheesy. I was shocked. shocked
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 24, 2015
MissSlimbody:

Hahahahahah cheesy

Coffee flavored Afang soup grin

hahaha.
My dear, till today nobody done gree say na im put that coffee for where I dey keep seasoning bc i for kill that person.

Make I snap them sef
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by elantraceey(f): 7:20pm On Jan 24, 2015
FrancisTony:
Lol! I don't cook and last I did so, was at 12years. grin

Chai , mummy's boy tongue
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by dre11(m): 7:22pm On Jan 24, 2015
The only mistake I do know of is

Either the ingredients I need for cooking is either enough or its not enough apart from that I don't make such mistakes

Except I burn the food on fire when am tired and doze offgrin
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by Deefuray(f): 7:23pm On Jan 24, 2015
naijaboiy:

You're not a wife material angry
Lmao. I was very young then, besides I was talking and I didn't notice It
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by MissSlimbody(f): 7:24pm On Jan 24, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

hahaha.
My dear, till today nobody done gree say na im put that coffee for where I dey keep seasoning bc i for kill that person.

Make I snap them sef

If na you, u go gree? cheesy

This is so funny, especially that elantraceey ogbono beans.
Chai, I for like taste am oooo
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by naijaboiy: 7:26pm On Jan 24, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
hahaha
Nice thread

So, that faithful evening I was cooking afang soup...inshort I was done....but I felt the crayfish wasn't enough...as I wanted to go get the crayfish - they took light.

So that's how you would have served me coffee soup that day embarassed
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by naijaboiy: 7:29pm On Jan 24, 2015
Deefuray:

Lmao. I was very young then, besides I was talking and I didn't notice It
So that's how you'll be gossiping when you're cooking my food abi? angry
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by Deefuray(f): 7:29pm On Jan 24, 2015
elantraceey:

Lolz , i've even heard of groundnut oil beans before , did you still eat it?

That was my meal for almost a week, my mum saw to that. It was my punishment for being a talkative.
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by Deefuray(f): 7:32pm On Jan 24, 2015
naijaboiy:

So that's how you'll be gossiping when you're cooking my food abi? angry
Chill, I've learnt to keep mute while cooking to avoid stories that touches the heart
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 24, 2015
the mistake I made while cooking stew was to pour ogbonor in the sauce while on fire thinking it was crayfish... it tasted cool though.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 24, 2015
another. happened when I made tea with salt instead of sugar.

another was when I steamed stockfish with salt and also used it to cook egusi soup. in fact. the salt was more than the soup I had to cook another pot the following day with little spice and no salt.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by elantraceey(f): 7:43pm On Jan 24, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
hahaha
Nice thread

grin grin grin

I know that soup still turned out delicious wink
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by elantraceey(f): 7:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
naijaboiy:

Taaah!

I pray o! tongue

hian , story .

If i nor tell you , you nor go know tongue
Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 24, 2015
[b]I was at home alone, both mum and dad had gone on a 3-day visit to the Bahamas to celebrate their wedding anniversary. Unlike before, I was alone at home this time around, my aunt didn't come visiting,..... Apparently I was already old enough to take care of myself. mum made me a full pot of egusi soup stocked with all kinda meats and fishes you can find in the entire world. My friends got wind of my newly acquired fortune and they all came in droves to get their own share of the delicious meal.
They were all at the sitting room playing PS2 as I rushed to the kitchen to boil a full kettle of water to make Eba. Unfortunately for us, I no know say the water never boil well well, I just touched the body of the kettle and concluded it was hot enough.

Ten minutes later, I came out with the bowl, with the garri soaked underneath and the water floating like river Jordan on top. omo na so all of us take dey use spoon scoop the garri and water inside bowl and the soup inside plate dey goo. You drink small garri then drink small soup join grin
Those guys use me laugh die cheesy

Friedplantain[/b]

13 Likes

Re: Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... by InZA: 8:38pm On Jan 24, 2015
Funny stories gringrin grin

Nice thread @OP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Tea Thread / Warning: Sweet Sensation Resturants / What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.