Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,740 members, 7,806,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

Worst Video Game Sequels - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Worst Video Game Sequels (5280 Views)

Funny Video Game Memes / Opinion: My Top 5 Best Fight Scenes In Any Video Game. / Types Of People You May Find In A Video Game Arena (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worst Video Game Sequels by cao(f): 8:34pm On Jan 24, 2015
This is obviously not a definitive list, you'd need to play every video game sequel known to man. What video game sequel do you consider the worst? What game made or almost made you give up on the franchise? Here are the ones I can think of right now:

Assassin's Creed: Revelations - This was probably the first AC game you never tried to finish. It suffers from the the constant back and forth gameplay, that reminds you that you're currently playing the most boring & repetitive AC video game ever created until...

Assassin's Creed III - The other AC game that bored you to death. Yes, it might have been less annoying than running back and forth like a headless chicken attempting to do the Macarena, and it had that epic pre-title reveal while you were controlling Haytham, but it still bored you. Yes, the hunting bit was exciting, but you got bored after skinning your 10th animal, while acting like a bored ninja on a tree. This was the second AC game you didn't finish. Fortunately, Ubisoft redeemed themselves with Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. Apparently, we just wanted to be pirates.

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within - You thought ACR was Ubisoft's first attempt at the boring back and forth headless chicken dance? Nope, they pulled this travesty years ago, yes it also involved time travel with our dear Prince running back and forth in time in the SAME FREAKING BUILDING! By the third time of you doing the back and forth headless chicken dance, you probably threw away the game disc, while yelling "DUECES/WAKA/YOUR FATHER" or just simply screamed at it.

Duke Nukem Forever - This is solely here because I stopped playing FPSs while I was waiting for it. The majority of those who did wait & finally played it, label it as a dated disappointment.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 - This is solely here because it stopped me from playing the franchise. I was going to get this and the original game, but by the time I perused the forums, I didn't bother anymore. Then the final nail in the coffin happened - Disney bought LucasArts and then destroyed it, taking away their [only] hope of ever redeeming this franchise.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by Nobody: 12:44am On Jan 25, 2015
Resident evil 6
Thief (current edition)
Pes14
Saint row 4
Need for speed rival
Need for speed the run
Def jam icon

Will update as I remember

1 Like

Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by Hermanie(m): 12:06am On Jan 27, 2015
OP a shitty list you've got there. I'll assume you know nothing about games and just copied/pasted this shit here.
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by cao(f): 12:31am On Jan 27, 2015
Hermanie:
OP a shitty list you've got there. I'll assume you know nothing about games and just copied/pasted this shit here.
Excuse me, while I laugh...is this supposed to be trolling? C'mon son, you could do better than that...Seriously, I'll let you have another go. Forgive me, this reply took a long time to write 'cause I kept laughing. OK, I...will...stop...laughing ..... .... ... ...
Okay, I'm good now. It's your moment to shine my dear boy, the spotlight's on you...now we're ready for you...give us your best trolling*.

*don't worry we're here for you!

6 Likes

Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by cao(f): 12:40am On Jan 27, 2015
youmour:
Resident evil 6
Thief (current edition)
Pes14
Saint row 4
Need for speed rival
Need for speed the run
Def jam icon

The only reason I've PES 2014 is it was free on PS+, at least you've got local multiplayer, think of the poor guy in Japan with no local multiplayer & can only play on the Japanese servers. I'll stick with my FIFA. I've only played a few hours of Saints Row 4 and it cracked me up. Although, it was the first SR I played, I guess it's like me with COD: Ghosts, it was the first COD & FPS I played after my long exile from FPSs, I'll always like it even though a lot of COD fans keep saying bad things about it.
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by Hermanie(m): 7:52am On Jan 27, 2015
cao:

Excuse me, while I laugh...is this supposed to be trolling? C'mon son, you could do better than that...Seriously, I'll let you have another go. Forgive me, this reply took a long time to write 'cause I kept laughing. OK, I...will...stop...laughing ..... .... ... ...
Okay, I'm good now. It's your moment to shine my dear boy, the spotlight's on you...now we're ready for you...give us your best trolling*.

*don't worry we're here for you!

What are you saying.
Do you even understand the story in the prince of Persia trilogy, or even the story assassins creed has been trying to tell us ever since the first release.
I'm sure if you understood you wouldn't have them on your list
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by Flawlessangel(m): 8:25am On Jan 27, 2015
hermine and cao, calm down.....its only a game......while i dnt think some of em should b on d list, u have 2 understand its her own opinion.........but no list would b complete without DEVIL MAY CRY 2 thought 2 b one of the most dissapointing crappy games ever
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by cao(f): 1:15pm On Jan 27, 2015
Flawlessangel:
hermine and cao, calm down.....its only a game......while i dnt think some of em should b on d list, u have 2 understand its her own opinion.........but no list would b complete without DEVIL MAY CRY 2 thought 2 b one of the most dissapointing crappy games ever
I was calm, dude came blazing in like I personally insulted his baby. I actually came into DMC late, I started with the third.
Hermanie:

What are you saying.
Do you even understand the story in the prince of Persia trilogy, or even the story assassins creed has been trying to tell us ever since the first release.
I'm sure if you understood you wouldn't have them on your list

Your second attempt was slightly better, if you weren't too quick on the draw, you yourself should know that the AC series gameplay is rather repetitive, but we let it slide 'cause the stories are always mixed together with history & the intriguing nature of the First People. But, because my opinion differed from yours, you called me a plagiarist and then didn't even bother to give an opinion. Get over it, AC III though bundled with one of the best AC soundtrack had to offer was boring to me since I had played every AC console game to date at the time, and I felt they hadn't really improved as much as they could have. Though, it was better than Revelations, which felt like a big step down after the improvement that were Brotherhood and AC II.

PoP:WW - this annoyed me greatly, I remembered how ticked off I became while playing this on the PS2, when I discovered I was going back and forth between the present and the past on the same freaking level. That got annoying real quick, I think I actually did stop after the third time it happened. Plus, the soundtrack became more rock infused, of course I understood it was supposed to show the Prince's growth as a fighter & all the shtako he went through, but I'd missed the beauty & the playfulness of the previous soundtrack.

Now, why don't you continue the discussion by providing your own opinion on your worst video game sequel, instead of complaining about my choices...
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 27, 2015
cao i just got gta 4 for the ps3 and when i try playing it the system says you cant play this game at your current video output settings bla bla bla error 8 something something. please do u have any solution
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by cao(f): 11:11pm On Jan 27, 2015
tensazangetsu:
cao i just got gta 4 for the ps3 and when i try playing it the system says you cant play this game at your current video output settings bla bla bla error 8 something something. please do u have any solution
After a quick trip to google, I'm guessing you mean error 80028F10...Are you using HDMI as your video output? The fault either lies with your TV not being able to handle the video or the composite cables provided cannot handle the video. So you need to output your video using HDMI. Time to upgrade to HD.

Although, some folks sorted out their issue by simply changing their tv resolution to 16:9 and fiddling with their display settings of their PS3. (Settings > Display Settings > Video Output Settings > Composite/S-Video). But the fact is you really do need to upgrade to HD.
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by Noctis(m): 8:40am On Feb 04, 2015
cao:
This is obviously not a definitive list, you'd need to play every video game sequel known to man. What video game sequel do you consider the worst? What game made or almost made you give up on the franchise? Here are the ones I can think of right now:

Assassin's Creed: Revelations - This was probably the first AC game you never tried to finish. It suffers from the the constant back and forth gameplay, that reminds you that you're currently playing the most boring & repetitive AC video game ever created until...

Assassin's Creed III - The other AC game that bored you to death. Yes, it might have been less annoying than running back and forth like a headless chicken attempting to do the Macarena, and it had that epic pre-title reveal while you were controlling Haytham, but it still bored you. Yes, the hunting bit was exciting, but you got bored after skinning your 10th animal, while acting like a bored ninja on a tree. This was the second AC game you didn't finish. Fortunately, Ubisoft redeemed themselves with Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. Apparently, we just wanted to be pirates.

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within - You thought ACR was Ubisoft's first attempt at the boring back and forth headless chicken dance? Nope, they pulled this travesty years ago, yes it also involved time travel with our dear Prince running back and forth in time in the SAME FREAKING BUILDING! By the third time of you doing the back and forth headless chicken dance, you probably threw away the game disc, while yelling "DUECES/WAKA/YOUR FATHER" or just simply screamed at it.

Duke Nukem Forever - This is solely here because I stopped playing FPSs while I was waiting for it. The majority of those who did wait & finally played it, label it as a dated disappointment.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 - This is solely here because it stopped me from playing the franchise. I was going to get this and the original game, but by the time I perused the forums, I didn't bother anymore. Then the final nail in the coffin happened - Disney bought LucasArts and then destroyed it, taking away their [only] hope of ever redeeming this franchise.

What did Ubisoft ever do to you? But yeah, revelations and AC3 were pretty bad. And Unity, from all accounts. Black Flag was awesome though.
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by cao(f): 12:14pm On Feb 04, 2015
Noctis:

What did Ubisoft ever do to you? But yeah, revelations and AC3 were pretty bad. And Unity, from all accounts. Black Flag was awesome though.

I've no idea, it seemed there were the ones my mind ran to first. Black Flag just proved we all really want to be pirates, I spent way too much time sailing & plundering.
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by Noctis(m): 4:23pm On Feb 04, 2015
One day it will be May 19 and the Witcher 3 will release and my girlfriend will break up with me. Before then I have Dragonball Xenoverse, Mortal Kombat X and possibly Dragon Age Inquisition DLC to look forward to. And if anybody's interested, there's been a lot of progress on the Citra 3ds emulator. Even runs some commercial games now, though not yet at a playable speed.
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by purplekayc(m): 2:19pm On Feb 07, 2015
cao:

duke nukem forever should definitely be there
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by CoCoLav(f): 11:21pm On Feb 11, 2015
cao:

Assassins creed revelation and 111 I never got to finish because yes it got me going back and forth.

Prince of Persia wasn't so bad.

I still prefer my car racing games like Asphalt 6 (haven't found any that beats it) for some reason I dislike need for speed.

You forgot to mention God of war. I gave up on it. I think I kept playing Prince of Persia cos of his body grin cheesy

PS: I have been searching for a particular game called Doom. Please mention me if you have it.
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by cao(f): 12:32am On Feb 12, 2015
CoCoLav:

Assassins creed revelation and 111 I never got to finish because yes it got me going back and forth.

I still prefer my car racing games like Asphalt 6 (haven't found any that beats it) for some reason I dislike need for speed.

You forgot to mention God of war. I gave up on it. I think I kept playing Prince of Persia cos of his body grin cheesy

PS: I have been searching for a particular game called Doom. Please mention me if you have it.

I've played every God of War game (except Betrayal & Ghost of Sparta), my love for Kratos & his brand of carnage is epic. It's been a long time since I've played Doom (I believe it was the original one on PC (DOS), yup a very long time), can't really help you there.
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by CoCoLav(f): 8:48am On Feb 12, 2015
cao:

I've played every God of War game (except Betrayal & Ghost of Sparta), my love for Kratos & his brand of carnage is epic. It's been a long time since I've played Doom (I believe it was the original one on PC (DOS), yup a very long time), can't really help you there.

Yup it was PC.
Thanks anyway. Will keep searching.
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by Noctis(m): 10:11am On Feb 12, 2015
You can probably find it on torrent websites.
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by kimco(m): 1:16am On Feb 17, 2015
CoCoLav:

There's doom 1,2,3 which one u want? A trip to thepiratebay should solve this problem for u (dat is if u dnt mind the sprite graphics for 1 and 2. 3 has gud graphic even for today's standards
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by CoCoLav(f): 8:18am On Feb 17, 2015
kimco:

There's doom 1,2,3 which one u want? A trip to thepiratebay should solve this problem for u (dat is if u dnt mind the sprite graphics for 1 and 2. 3 has gud graphic even for today's standards

Okay, thanks. Will do that over the weekend
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by LordReed(m): 7:44am On Feb 22, 2015
cao:

You are not the first to yab Ubisoft and the way they break some of their games and while I tend to agree with you on some points here I am not sure I will call Revelations and AC3 the worst sequels. AC we all know is a bit repetitive but they put in some game play mechanics that relive some of the repetition, the naval battles for instance was introduced in AC3, which was my favorite part of the game but it took AC4 for it to be fully fleshed out. I finished AC3 and Revelations and their stories where just as poignant as say other AC title in contrast to how AC4 and Unity no longer have Desmond in them I think AC has lost a touchstone.

For me the one of the most rubbish sequels was Need for Speed Shift, I couldn't believe they made such a travesty and called it Need for Speed.
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by israelmush(m): 8:02pm On Apr 02, 2015
Shifters was one stupid retard game
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by israelmush(m): 8:08pm On Apr 02, 2015
POP- warrior within was good until the back and forth in the same building in different timelines started and even the daraka found it funny and I was so pissed off wudda broken the disc/flung it against the wall or something but it was a digital version so I deleted the crap out of it....... Yeah it felt good!

1 Like

Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by cao(f): 8:23pm On Apr 02, 2015
israelmush:
POP- warrior within was good until the back and forth in the same building in different timelines started and even the daraka found it funny and I was so pissed off wudda broken the disc/flung it against the wall or something but it was a digital version so I deleted the crap out of it....... Yeah it felt good!
Exactly. I think it honestly was the third time for me and I just gave up, ejected it from my PS2 returned it to its case and ignored it for all eternity. I'll probably ignore it again when I finally play my PoP: Trilogy (HD) on my PS3, who am I kidding? I'll definitely ignore it.
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by Nobody: 12:35am On Apr 03, 2015
cao:

Exactly. I think it honestly was the third time for me and I just gave up, ejected it from my PS2 returned it to its case and ignored it for all eternity. I'll probably ignore it again when I finally play my PoP: Trilogy (HD) on my PS3, who am I kidding? I'll definitely ignore it.

grin
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by zyzxx(m): 9:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
God of war
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by cao(f): 10:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
zyzxx:
God of war
Which one? 2 or 3 or Ascension or Chains of Olympus or Ghost of Sparta? The first one is not a sequel.
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by zyzxx(m): 10:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
cao:

Which one? 2 or 3 or Ascension or Chains of Olympus or Ghost of Sparta? The first one is not a sequel.
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by AAinEqGuinea: 10:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
youmour:
Resident evil 6
Thief (current edition)
Pes14
Saint row 4
Need for speed rival
Need for speed the run
Def jam icon

Amen at bold

I'd add Mortal Kombat 10 because its basically Mk9 in 60fps

Gone are the days where MK warped your mind so severely you tried a finisher on your brother or friend. I want that same spoilage for the new generation too cry I want to see 10 year olds kids from this generation on the evening News because they become demonized by the latest Mortal Kombat!!!!! cool NOW THAT'S THE MORTAL KOMBAT I REMEMBER! it's bullshet now, saved by over-zealous marketing

CALL OF DUTY

Ever since landing on next Gen consoles, this series has went bland. Same boring game structure everytime. Like MK, marketing and faux reviews-for-profit are deceiving young gamers. Gamers who have been longtime fans are clinging onto the series, desperately trying to find virtues in their latest garbage; Ghosts and Advanced Warfare
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by kimco(m): 10:45am On Apr 09, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

Amen at bold

I'd add Mortal Kombat 10 because its basically Mk9 in 60fps

Gone are the days where MK warped your mind so severely you tried a finisher on your brother or friend. I want that same spoilage for the new generation too cry I want to see 10 year olds kids from this generation on the evening News because they become demonized by the latest Mortal Kombat!!!!! cool NOW THAT'S THE MORTAL KOMBAT I REMEMBER! it's bullshet now, saved by over-zealous marketing

CALL OF DUTY

Ever since landing on next Gen consoles, this series has went bland. Same boring game structure everytime. Like MK, marketing and faux reviews-for-profit are deceiving young gamers. Gamers who have been longtime fans are clinging onto the series, desperately trying to find virtues in their latest garbage; Ghosts and Advanced Warfare

At the post regarding mk. But man mk9 was 60fps on pc already. Mkx seem to be much faster the rest, even mk9. The run feature is back which allows for a faster gameplay of wits and timing. I hope the guys praise it enuff to keep it in instead of clamouring for a the tekken style gameplay route that mk, since deadly alliance took. I never touched an mk since den till mk9 which was half decent (would have been best with a run feature)
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by AAinEqGuinea: 3:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
kimco:

At the post regarding mk. But man mk9 was 60fps on pc already. Mkx seem to be much faster the rest, even mk9. The run feature is back which allows for a faster gameplay of wits and timing. I hope the guys praise it enuff to keep it in instead of clamouring for a the tekken style gameplay route that mk, since deadly alliance took. I never touched an mk since den till mk9 which was half decent (would have been best with a run feature)

Even with a lofty imagination the game makes no sense. I see they brought back redundant xray hits from mk9, angry which slows that pace of the game and last I checked if you break someone's spine our neck, they're finished. No getting up. If that's the case then we should be able to fight on after a finisher considering there's no limitations to imagination in this new weird world of Mk. Whatever they say goes, and passive gamers are proudly playing Stockholm fighting hard to make sense of it all in an attempt to justify their trival madness. It's really nothing new, COD fans have been doing it for the last two series. Reaching instead of being critical.

Mk10 dumps in all these random movie characters...They're being desperate not creative in an attempt to increase replay value. Mk never had to try so hard. Mk needs to go back to realism and violence. pushing the envelope when in reality all they've done with mk10 is remake mk9 for new-gen home consoles

It'll sell well because of marketing and faux reviews. Mk10, the latest Mk, is a 6/10 at best, 7 is pushing it
Re: Worst Video Game Sequels by kimco(m): 8:24pm On Apr 09, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

Even with a lofty imagination the game makes no sense. I see they brought back redundant xray hits from mk9, angry which slows that pace of the game and last I checked if you break someone's spine our neck, they're finished. No getting up. If that's the case then we should be able to fight on after a finisher considering there's no limitations to imagination in this new weird world of Mk. Whatever they say goes, and passive gamers are proudly playing Stockholm fighting hard to make sense of it all in an attempt to justify their trival madness. It's really nothing new, COD fans have been doing it for the last two series. Reaching instead of being critical.

Mk10 dumps in all these random movie characters...They're being desperate not creative in an attempt to increase replay value. Mk never had to try so hard. Mk needs to go back to realism and violence. pushing the envelope when in reality all they've done with mk10 is remake mk9 for new-gen home consoles

It'll sell well because of marketing and faux reviews. Mk10, the latest Mk, is a 6/10 at best, 7 is pushing it

I'm sorry, what?

Mk, realistic? Looooooool

I didn't see baraka's blades ending someone's life when he slashes his blade at them with his blades. Or kung lao slash someone into two with his boomrang metal hat. Or kabal make mince meat of other with his ground slasher move in mk3. Or rain's thunders turn fighters into charcoal when it strikes them. Need I go on? Mk is faar from a realistic game. It's meant to be unrealistically gory with a very fast paced gameplay (until the tekken gameplay took over)

So I advice u to revise ur oppinion man.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FIFA 19 Date Arrival,featurs,editions,price And Lot More / Best Place To Download Psp Games? / 10 Video Game YouTube Channels That Are Worth Watching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.