Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Siena Central Lock Fails When Ignition Is On - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Siena Central Lock Fails When Ignition Is On (1700 Views)

8 Funny Steps Some Nigerians Still Use To Lock Their Cars / What To Do When Your Key Won't Turn During Ignition / How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siena Central Lock Fails When Ignition Is On by akino(m): 8:50pm On Jan 24, 2015
Siena 2000 Central lock does not work when ignition is on.it unlocks by itself when ignition is on but works well when ignition is off.please advise on what to do
Re: Siena Central Lock Fails When Ignition Is On by nurey(m): 9:25pm On Jan 24, 2015
akino:
Siena 2000 Central lock does not work when ignition is on.it unlocks by itself when ignition is on but works well when ignition is off.please advise on what to do

your query is not clear, does the central lock work when key is used from outside, or it doesnt work when the central lock button is used both from the driver and passenger side you need to explain also there is a button beside the central lock at the driver side which acts as a disable button, check to make sure it is not depressed.
Re: Siena Central Lock Fails When Ignition Is On by akino(m): 9:28pm On Jan 25, 2015
nurey:

your query is not clear, does the central lock work when key is used from outside, or it doesnt work when the central lock button is used both from the driver and passenger side you need to explain also there is a button beside the central lock at the driver side which acts as a disable button, check to make sure it is not depressed.

@Nurey
Thanks for you response.
Whenever i am driving and i activate the central lock button from driver's side,it locks and opens all doors immediately.when i stop the car and remove key from ignition and lock,all the doors lock and they do not open.if i start the car and move, the central lock opens all doors by itself without touching it.
Re: Siena Central Lock Fails When Ignition Is On by nurey(m): 10:13pm On Jan 25, 2015
akino:

@Nurey
Thanks for you response.
Whenever i am driving and i activate the central lock button from driver's side,it locks and opens all doors immediately.when i stop the car and remove key from ignition and lock,all the doors lock and they do not open.if i start the car and move, the central lock opens all doors by itself without touching it.

This is how the central lock works, to activate from drivers side with key, you need to turn the key to the right hand side twice all the doors will unlock, from the passenger side or boot, it is once to the left for all to lock and unlock.

If your door is opened and you lock all doors with central lock, immediately all will open (applicable to front driver and passenger doors) ie if you don't close the driver side doors well it will unlock immediately if you use the central lock button you. (Especially when the key is in the ignition)

If your window is down and you locked the car with keys and you use the central lock button it won't respond at all you have to manually drag the lock/unlock lever to unlock the doors (I guess this is a good security feature)

If there is any digression from this just explain it here. Separately (if i start the car and move, the central lock opens all doors by itself without touching it) I don't understand the statement in bracket.
Re: Siena Central Lock Fails When Ignition Is On by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 25, 2015
akino:
You mean you live with Siena and you didn't seek advise from him?

1 Like

Re: Siena Central Lock Fails When Ignition Is On by akino(m): 11:48am On Jan 26, 2015
nurey:

This is how the central lock works, to activate from drivers side with key, you need to turn the key to the right hand side twice all the doors will unlock, from the passenger side or boot, it is once to the left for all to lock and unlock.

If your door is opened and you lock all doors with central lock, immediately all will open (applicable to front driver and passenger doors) ie if you don't close the driver side doors well it will unlock immediately if you use the central lock button you. (Especially when the key is in the ignition)

If your window is down and you locked the car with keys and you use the central lock button it won't respond at all you have to manually drag the lock/unlock lever to unlock the doors (I guess this is a good security feature)

If there is any digression from this just explain it here. Separately (if i start the car and move, the central lock opens all doors by itself without touching it) I don't understand the statement in bracket.

thanks for you response.

When ignition is on and i lock with the button on driver's side, all the doors lock and open immediately even after locking the door properly. But when ignition is off and i remove key from ignition, the same button locks all doors and the doors dont open again.
I am suspecting that the machanism responsible for door lock is sensing that one of the doors is not locked so the central lock is sensing samething.On dashboard,the door light shows and non of the doors is not properly locked.
Re: Siena Central Lock Fails When Ignition Is On by nurey(m): 5:26pm On Jan 26, 2015
akino:

thanks for you response.

When ignition is on and i lock with the button on driver's side, all the doors lock and open immediately even after locking the door properly. But when ignition is off and i remove key from ignition, the same button locks all doors and the doors dont open again.
I am suspecting that the machanism responsible for door lock is sensing that one of the doors is not locked so the central lock is sensing samething.On dashboard,the door light shows and non of the doors is not properly locked.

Your sensor is ok now I will show you how to know that its not the sensor, but the door. Remember when the car is on and the front doors are not closed well, once you use the central lock button to lock it will unlock immediately (I recomfirmed this myself this morning). Now this is what I want you to do, check both doors (front) and see the one that doesn't align with the body when closed then turn your inner lights to DOOR and when you go through bad roads notice the inner lights will come on and go off as the car rocks if that happens, one of the two front doors needs adjusting.
Re: Siena Central Lock Fails When Ignition Is On by akino(m): 11:26pm On Jan 27, 2015
@Nurey

I agree with you to reasonable extent.
I will check all doors and possibly invite someone to check it for me.
I will give you feed back.I hope to see someone this weekend to check the doors.
Thank you.
Re: Siena Central Lock Fails When Ignition Is On by honmusa(m): 5:19am On Jan 28, 2015
akino:
@Nurey

I agree with you to reasonable extent.
I will check all doors and possibly invite someone to check it for me.
I will give you feed back.I hope to see someone this weekend to check the doors.
Thank you.
U have an electrical issue cos it is reasonable logical to conclude dt it is when power is supplied tru ignition dt trigger this issue
.Just look for a professional electrician to help u check the grounds for open circuit or shortcircuit on dt particular door.
Re: Siena Central Lock Fails When Ignition Is On by nurey(m): 9:01am On Jan 28, 2015
honmusa:

U have an electrical issue cos it is reasonable logical to conclude dt it is when power is supplied tru ignition dt trigger this issue
.Just look for a professional electrician to help u check the grounds for open circuit or shortcircuit on dt particular door.

The sienna may be just a mini van, but there are some good functions integrated in it, now my compact edition doesn't show on the dash when the doors are opened but when the door is open and the key is inserted without even turning it, it gives a beep sound continously until the door is closed, the op says the door sign is showing on his dash but no door is opened meaning the doors didn't lock well I also had a problem with my sliding doors and noticed when the car rocks lights come on (indicating a door is opened) so I checked for the one that didn't align well with the body and I fixed it cost only #500, panel beater just hammered the hinge on the body that's all. The issue is that its ok to leave the sliding doors opened it won't affect the central lock but you can't possibly drive with the front doors opened reason for the lock behaving in that manner it is only trying to tell the op one of the front doors aint clicking well.

(1) (Reply)

Gurus Please Lets Put Our Heads Together And Solve This Puzzle / 2020 Mercedes S-class Sedan Spied With A Massive Infotainment Touchscreen / Should I Raise My Car For Better Ground Clearance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.