Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Nine Years Ago. . . - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nine Years Ago. . . (14339 Views)

In Loving Memory Of My Father Who Left This World Five Years Ago... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 6:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
Mate77:
This great and i cant wait for another update pls
thanks for showing up here. Updates loading
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Cybershow(m): 7:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
Kusibe77 u r duin gr8..u dnt kal me..bt i dn show sha

1 Like

Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 7:26pm On Feb 05, 2015
Cybershow:
Kusibe77 u r duin gr8..u dnt kal me..bt i dn show sha
my bad. The next post will be dedicated to you.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Cybershow(m): 9:11pm On Feb 05, 2015
Kusibe77:
my bad. The next post will be dedicated to you.
Alrit boss wil b glad wit dat..
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 10:04pm On Feb 05, 2015

When they reached their destination, it was a classic restaurant in the middle of the town. She had heard about it. It was meant for 'five star men' who has the balance that match the expensive taste provided. For people like her, it was just too extravagant. Therefore, she has not been there before.

There the walls were touched of gold. The light so radiant inside and outside that she squinted to adjust. Inside, before the receptionist were wooden chairs in set of two and the tiles glorified the brightness of light, sparkling brilliantly.

They settled at a table far from the exit,ordered for drinks and snacks.

'ermm. Let me start by who is Joy?'

'Joy is a girl and a teacher' she replied jokingly.

This lady is going to be defeated if he start his own joke. Good thing is he likes ladies that joke.
'she has a beautiful smile, a cute dimples, teaches mathematics and is scared of surprises' he replied,playing along.
He said every word fast as if he had memorized them.

She laughed; that was the first time he saw her laughing. It made him feel excited. She is perfect description of what he wanted, not the fake girls that pretended to be happy.She is just a happy person at heart.

'ermm... I am Joy Cyber' she said still controlling her laughter. A graduate of the university of Ilorin.

'that's my alma Mata too'

'really?'

'yes...what about your family, yo-ur siblings?'

'I have a sister and a brother both seniors'

'meaning you are the last born'

she nods after sipping from her cup of juice
'...to a family of five' she added

On and on they discussed each of them discovering the others weaknesses. Joy is scared of snakes,cockroaches and the even the tiny ant. Mr Evan hates wrestling.He did not say it voluntarily, Joy had made him spilled it all out.

Joy had made a conscious approach not to ask about his past atleast for now. She already heard a little from Vareena. She told her her mum died nine years ago.
Him feeling emmotional on their first outing would spoil the fun. Perhaps he hasn't moved on. To avoid unpredictable drama she had shut out the questions about Mrs Cheryl Evan for now.
Or forever.

And eventually when he took her home she was feeling moody. She did concealed it from him. It will be weird to tell him to spend the night with her. That will be too straight forward, and the cheapest action in her life, even cheaper than sand in desert. Thoughh she wished, but common sense won over wishful thought. At the thought she would be alone in her house, she began to miss him already.

He alighted first and help her with the car door. She stepped out and he closed the door. She was standing face to face with him besides the car.

'thank you' she muttered. She could feel his breath on her face.

'it's my pleasure' he replied. Before he could say jerk, their mouth met and clicked together in a long kiss. Reluctantly, they broke free. Each of them bursting into laughter and breathing heavily for some seconds.

'that feels good' Mr Evan remarked after he caught his breath.
'Do you mind taking you out for lunch tomorrow' He asked

'let it be on Sunday, I will be busy tomorrow. Lesson plan,laundry and all'She knows she has more than that tomorrow. Laitan will also be visiting tomorrow. And she hasn't figure out what is going to happen. The least thing she wants is to breakup with him that day and be seen outside dining with someone.

'Okay, see you then' he said.

'okay,goodnight'

'goodnight dear' and he watched as she walked into the house.

She entered into the house and jumped up for joy. 'Yes! ... Yes!' she shouted she has done it. Her dreams are becoming reality. When she lay down to sleep she wrapped her hands round the pillow, improvising cute Evan, and engaging it to her warm heart, and hugging the object in a warm embrace.

She has two feelings.The feeling of love and the back off it was the feeling of anxiety. How will Laitan take the news? Maybe he will just laugh and say I was trying to do that already.
She closed her eyes,licked her lips once more which still taste of wine from Mr Evan's kiss. Deeply she fell into resounding sleep. Tommorow will take care of itself.

1 Like

Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Cybershow(m): 11:28pm On Feb 05, 2015
Tenx 4 d dedication..nyc update..hmm.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 1:51pm On Feb 06, 2015
Cybershow:
Tenx 4 d dedication..nyc update..hmm.
u really deserve it.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Cybershow(m): 7:19pm On Feb 06, 2015
Kusibe77:
u really deserve it.
Alrit boss.bt in what way *winks*
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 8:50pm On Feb 06, 2015
Cybershow:
Alrit boss.bt in what way *winks*
you are the person with the highest comment on this thread sir
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Cybershow(m): 8:55pm On Feb 06, 2015
Kusibe77:
you are the person with the highest comment on this thread sir
oh am glad 2 hear dat..so my award wil b special den
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 9:00pm On Feb 06, 2015
Cybershow:
oh am glad 2 hear dat..so my award wil b special den
hun un!
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Cybershow(m): 9:05pm On Feb 06, 2015
Kusibe77:
hun un!
yes o...
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 9:31am On Feb 07, 2015

Mr Evan walked into the sitting room and met his daughter watching a movie. He glanced at the television screen and saw Nadia buhari holding hands with another guy. His daughter really has a thing for this woman. Although, he wasn't the movie type but her daughter had made him recognised the Ghanian lady. Her poster was on the walls of her room. She would talked and mentioned her, Nadia this,Nadia that.

She saw her dad all dressed up charming and her eyes widened in surprise. She was not around when he went for his date. And since her dad his all smiles something big must have happened.

'dad! you look good'

He took another look at himself from sides to sides as if he has not seen his look before.

'what is the occasion' she asked,her eyes not off him.

His plan for his date with Miss Joy is to lead to a greater relationship.To make that realistic it is better to start letting his daughter know about it.

'I went out with Miss Joy'

'miss Joy?' She shifted uneasy on the couch.

'yes, I invited her on a date?'

'date!!!' she Sprang up as if she was stung by scorpion.

'what? What is it?'

'It's not possible', she blurted, 'you can't date her'

'I thought you liked her?'

'I liked her as my teacher' she uttered, the nerves in her neck and heads displaying. With that she left for her room.
Mr Evan was left stunned. The turn out was not what he expected. And since his daughter left Nadia buhari displaying on the TV screen, it means something is really wrong. Something which needed his worry.

He looked at the door to his daughter's room; It has been slammed closed and he shook his head. She had never walked out on him before.
Maybe she needed time to absorb the shocking news. If she doesn't give consent to it, it will be difficult for him to go back because Joy was becoming part of him already. He will have to talk to her tomorrow to prevent impending troubles. He is tired now and needed some rest. He sighed and walked to his room.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 12:47pm On Feb 07, 2015
Dear readers ur comment is a lubricant to my pen.D9ty7, ACHIEVABABE, SammyHoe, IdyRaph,kingphilip,Divepen, LarrySun,eleojo23,Diamondwriter, senbonzakurakageyoshi, faithgokz,Naijasinglegirl, jayloyexten,Therock5555, BukkyDan,glowingscenes, jaymomma,Chinweblinkz, fatavelli,cybershow,YasirNasir and all readers you are invited to comment and criticize.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Fatalveli(m): 3:49pm On Feb 07, 2015
Kusibe77:
Chapter 5 continued.

Mr Evan walked to the sitting room to meet her daughter watching a movie. He looked at the television screen and saw Nadia buhari holding hands with another guy. His daughter really has a thing for this woman. Although, he wasn't the movie type but her daughter had made him recognise the Ghananian lady. Her poster was on the walls of her room. She will talk and mention her, Nadia this, Nadia that.

She saw her dad dressed up in a charming manner. Her eyes widened in surprise. She was not around when hw went for his date. And since her dad his all smiles something big has happened.

'dad! you look tomtom'

He took another look at himself from sides to sides as if he has not seen is look before.

'what is the occasion' she asked. She was not taking her eyes from him.

His plan for his date with Miss Joy is to lead to a greater relationship.To make that realistic it is better to start letting his daughter know about it.

'I went out with Miss Joy'

'miss Joy?'

'yes, I invited her on a date?'

'date!!!' she Sprang up as if she was stung by scorpion.

'what? What happen to you'

'It's not possible you can't date her'

'I thought you liked her?'

'I liked her as my teacher' she uttered, the nerves in her neck and heads displaying. With that she left for her room.

Mr Evan was left stunned. The turn out was not what he expected. And since his daughter left Nadia buhari displaying on the TV screen,it means something is really wrong. This her reaction is his source of worry
Mr Evan walked into the sitting room to meet his daughter watching a movie.

Not Ghananian but Ghanian
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Cybershow(m): 6:01pm On Feb 07, 2015
I dn show o wit my stool jawe, Dere z a mistak u made i wana say..bt fatalveli has coret u

1 Like

Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 7:53pm On Feb 07, 2015
Fatalveli:

Not Ghananian but Ghanian
edited,sir
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 11:40pm On Feb 08, 2015
5 continued. Dedicated to Mr Fatalveli

She bolted the door,rested her back on it and took a deep breathe. She was acting all worked up when her father decided to move on after nine years of losing her mother. She moved away from the door and sat on the edge of the bed. She picked her phone from the bed,she needed to talk to somebody. She opened the whatsapp app and sent a message. It took some few seconds before she got a reply.

'hey, I thought you should be glued to the Tv by now'

Var: something js came up.

Mike: what was that?

Var:dad went on a date

Mike: uh oh! Waoh. Did you know the lucky person? Did you like her?

Var:Miss Joy

Mike: that's great, am happy.

Var: I got angry when he told...(she narrated the event that transpired some minutes ago).

Mike: you don't need to be angry, you know Miss Joy is caring. And she going to be a good stepmother. You need to be happy for your dad because he is moving on.

Var:I just feel shocked, and my mum, I felt like another woman is taking her place.

Mike: you thought she is alive and she might still love your dad. Breakup with whoever she married and come back to your dad like you watch in movies?

Mike always take her as a sister. He is two years older than her, he is 15. One of his attribute is to let whatever he thinks out to her. Which she cherished so much.

Mike: do you love your dad?

Var: I do

Mike: then you will have to love Miss Joy. She will loves you back, she will try to make you happy. Your mum,even if she is alive must have moved on.

Var: I think am selfish. And all this thought that my mum will be back make me act that way.

Mike: now you need to apologise and make someone happy.

Var: sure ( a wink smiley)

mike: good. Don't forget lesson tomorrow, you should read overnight.

Var : u too. Don't tell me you watch Ghana vs Equatorial Guinea.

Mike: lol. Good night

var: bye

she was grinning. Mike had already opened her eye. She must apologise to her dad. The man should be angry too because he did not come to her room to talk to her. She is going to wake up very early and apologise. Then she reached for her school bag on the
table and bring out a note and textbook. She wanted to read overnight.

The next morning, she went to her father's bedroom. She knocked and waited for him to respond. She heard him stretch and and makes some sound ' hun hum uuum'
the rumble of the mattress followed, after which he asked her to come in.

He is supporting himself with his elbow on the bed.His body slantly facing right. The blanket covered is waist to his toes.

'Dad am sorry for what happened yesterday' she said after taking her sit facing him. 'I am really sorry for walking out on you. I will never do that again'

'It's ok. After your mother died,this is the first time am trying to give marriage ... dating a chance again. I thought you liked Joy and the fact that she is not married, that's why I want to give it a try'

'I like Miss Joy. And I want you to move on from your past,to be happy' she muttered

'are you saying I can go ahead' he asked

'yes sir'

he smiled and she responded with a smile extending her hands for a hug.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Fatalveli(m): 7:52pm On Feb 09, 2015
She bolted the door,rest her back on it and took a deep breathe. She was acting all worked up when her father wanted to move on after nine years of losing her mother.

It should be:

She bolted the door, rested her back on it and took a deep breathe. She was acting all worked up when her father decided to move on after nine years of losing her mother.

She move away from the door and
sit on the edge of the bed. She picks her
phone from the bed,she needs to talk to
somebody. She open the whatsapp app
and send a message.

It should be

She moved away from the door and
sat on the edge of the bed. She picked her
phone from the bed, she needed to talk to
somebody. She opened the whatsapp app
and sent a message.

Mike: then you have love to Miss Joy. She
will loves you back, she will try to make
you happy. Your mum,even if she is alive
must have move on.

It should be

Mike: then you have love to Miss Joy. She
will love you back, she will try to make
you happy. Even if your mum is alive, she
must have moved on.

'I was really sorry for walking
out on you.

Should be

I am really sorry for walking out on you....

There are a lot of mistake and typos and I think you should go through the post thoroughly before posting

And em' thanks for the dedication.....

I'LL KiP CONnectED

1 Like

Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 9:07pm On Feb 09, 2015
^^Thanks so much. I will try to...
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 1:17am On Feb 12, 2015
Chapter 6.

Here comes Ben again.
Ending it with Laitan.
-----------------------------------------
His girlfriend as not been this tensed before. She was not sitting
down her eyes reddish and mean. She was visibly angry and anything she
was about to say was going to be poured out like fire.
He advised they should go in which she declined quickly.
'No' like a commander barking order she had replied rudely.
She had called him and told him they had to talk. He was reluctant at first but she sounded serious.
Here they are in front of one of the restaurant in town. Where there was enough space inside but she choosed the outside to talk.

'So what did you want to tell me' he asked amidst worry.

'I cann't tolerate your uncaring altitude anymore. You abandon me and the next thing you do is picked some other girl and start playing lover boy all over the restaurant in Abeaokuta' she was shouting and already
drawing attention to them.

' me .... What are you talking about' he asked trying to play innocence.

'I know you will deny it' she bring out her phone and show the picture
of him.Laitan and a girl kissing at a table. 'this is what am talking
about. She direct the screen of the phone to Make him see it clearly.
'Did you want to deny it' she continued still holding the phone. She used her left hand to point to the screen as she speak. Her listener was shocked,his mouth agaped.

'this relationship is over and don't bother to call' she placed the
phone down' one can notice strand of spit coming from her mouth as she
talked. Her character when she was annoyed and talking.

'Mr Laitan you can move on, I will move on'

'Joy please' he said meekly. 'I...I...the... picture'
That statement shocked her what, why was he acting this way? She
thought he was done with her and he will be happy. She quickly change her surprised look and headaway, not looking back. She flagged a bikeman and she was off.
Laitan stood transfixed at a spot infront of the restaurant. He was
not giving up not after he was planning to marry her.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Vareena and Mike walked aimlessly round the street. They were looking
for Miss Cheryl saloon. This is an opportunity for them to meet her
for the first time just to clear their curiosity.
They continued walking down the street checking the signboards as they moved.

Elsewhere Mrs Cheryl was in her shop. She was sitting comfortably as her workers, two female hairdressers attends to customers. She excused herself and went to the toilet.

'That's it!' Mike shouted when he spotted a small signboard that reads 'Cheryl's saloon'. The two holds hands as they crossed to the other side of the road where the shop was located.

A busy street, highly populated. It has shops and malls on each side of the road. Some constructed in front of houses, some not.Mrs Cheryl shop was located at the top of two storey. The down stairs where occupied by other sellers, traders and people.

Last night he discovered that Patrick was nine years old on his
Facebook profile which add another inch to her curiosity. The reason she has thought something more his between the two of them. She had
dreamt about it. She has a brother and her mum comes back and they were together again. It was her thought playing pranks on her. She had heard it before that what you think before sleeping is what you will dream about. The dream is unimaginable to be true.
They walked towards the staircase as they already traced the shop which was that of Mrs Cheryl. It was written at the top of the entrance. The last shop upstairs.

'see who is here' a voice said behind them. That voice was no other than Patrick Evan. He was holding a little boy.
Vareena stared at the boy again who was already smiling. She has seen the face before.

'you?' she said squatting to his height. ' you just disappeared that day'

'I ran' he replied.

Vareena remember him vividly, the boy he helped to cross the road the day she was returning from grandma's place.

'what is your name' she asked

'Ben' he replied

'Ben Evan?' she completed it. Hoping she was correct.

'no, Ben kayout' he corrected.

Vareena was surprised, the brother was Evan and junior brother Kayout. Another inch added to her curiosity.

'Let's go and meet my mummy.I will make sure she do your hair herself' Pat cuts in relieving her of her thought. He was not bothered about where his visitor and his brother had meet before. Mike was the one who understood,Var already told her about him. How she was worried when she couldn't find him after few seconds. They both turned and walk towards the stairs but

kusibe77
Ur comment and criticism are welcomed.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Cybershow(m): 6:13am On Feb 12, 2015
Kusibe77 z nt fair o..y u nw pause am lyk dat..abeg cum cont. o
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 6:43am On Feb 12, 2015
Cybershow:
Kusibe77 z nt fair o..y u nw pause am lyk dat..abeg cum cont. o
hehehe, I will continue. #Typing.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Cybershow(m): 6:51am On Feb 12, 2015
Kusibe77:
hehehe, I will continue. #Typing.
Beta o..u beta du..
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by ACHIEVABABE: 6:05pm On Feb 12, 2015
Eh,u beta dnt try my patience kusibe77 or do u wnt 2 recieve som spankin 4rm me b4 u update!!!
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by ACHIEVABABE: 6:07pm On Feb 12, 2015
Eh,u ar tryin my patience kusibe77,or do u wnt 2 recieve som spankin 4rm me b4 u upload,take tym!!!

1 Like

Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2015
ACHIEVABABE:
Eh,u ar tryin my patience kusibe77,or do u wnt 2 recieve som spankin 4rm me b4 u upload,take tym!!!
biko o. Don't spank me o.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Fatalveli(m): 8:57am On Feb 13, 2015
Kusibe77:
biko o. Don't spank me o.
Do you live in lag.isl
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 9:10am On Feb 13, 2015
Fatalveli:
Do you live in lag.isl
nope. N.E
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 2:12am On Feb 14, 2015
Dedicated to AcheivaBabe. I don't mean to make it this late.

Chapter 5 completion.

Just when she ascended the first step her phone rang. Vareena let her phone out of her bag and pressed the receiver.

'where are you' from the caller's end

'I went to make my hair' she said

'have you start making it or not'

she took her time to reply. She was contemplating to tell the truth or lie.
'No, I haven't'

'good,mount a bike and come home now'

'this is a life time opportunity you don't want to miss'

'dad, I ...'

'Taye is here on vacation, she is going back today. All you need is for you to be here that you can talk to her before she leaves'

she remain quiet and she listened. Her expression was that of disappointment.Today of all day Mrs Taye wants to return. The only relative she has apart from grandma. She came to Nigeria from Qatar last week.She sniffed and faced Patrick and Mike.

'see I have to go, my aunt is travelling back to Qatar and I have to see her because I don't know when I will see her again'

Pat was disappointed but what could he do.
'k,you can go. I understand'

Mike nodded which signified he agreed 'bye I will come some other time' she said. Her aunt has only visit them thrice since she was born. The ones she could remember her last two visit was when she was 6 and 11. She arrived in Nigeria on Monday this week. She told her dad on phone that she came for a enlightenment programme her company was holding in Lagos. The only day she visit them in Abeokuta was same day she is travelling back.Travelling back till God knows when.

She called on a bikeman and together she and Mike were carried on the same bike. Aunty Taye must give her gift from Qatar.Jewelrys,Designers dress which she will show off to her classmate. She adjusted herself to put more space between herself and Mike who was sitting behind. This is the first time they will be so close that their body is in contact. It was awkward moment for the two.

laitan was not enjoying his evening.The thought of her is disturbing.He took another bottle of alcohol and removed it cap.

'shey you wan kill yurself ni' James the lanky one among is friend asked.

'abi! You have took five bottles of star now you are on the first bottle of gulder' Bayo the second, a fat guy said.
They were four on the table, James,Bayo,Laitan himself and Dragon. At the pub, it was unusual for Laitan to drink like this in night.

Draaaaagooooon, a hefty guy whose biceps could withstand Radamel kirchkow in a duel. His eyes are are customized red. No, he wasn't born like that, he did it himself. He seldom smile or laugh when he does it might be for mockery. Moreso he is a member of cult group.

'have you been heartbroken before' Laitan asked no one in particular.

Two out of the four of them burst into mocking laughter.

'Is like that girl has dump you' James remarked grinning.

'I made a mistake, I know but am sorry she should have forgive me. I...I....I.... Laitan sighed,rubbed his palm on his face.

'Mr man what do you want to do. The girl has move on, she got someone else' Bayo said.

'exactly' James added

Laitan looked at Bayo coldly.
'you asked me what I want to do?
Bayo noded. I want to find the someoneelse and make the relationship impossible.

He wanted to make Joy felt the same way, to be hurt. What she have with the girl was a fling and had not hope Joy will got to know about it. He wished he could turn back the hand of time. Joy was the girl hee wished to marry. She is caring,not demanding,creative. She has all quality to be a good wife. But he did hurt her and he was regretting it. He wanted to hurt her the more.

Dragon who had kept quiet all this while chuckled. He was sitted with his back straight, his hands on the neck of the bottle of his drink which was on the table.

'that's the best thing have heard since morning' he said and took another gulp from his drink.

don't forget to like, comment, criticize, share, advise. Fatalveli u r such a blessing.
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Cybershow(m): 10:13am On Feb 14, 2015
Kusibe77 u duin gr8 dat a nyc piece.... pls vote 4 me via d 2nd link on my signature post
Re: Nine Years Ago. . . by Kusibe77(m): 6:29am On Feb 15, 2015
^^ I already vote before u r nominated. May be some other time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bloodline: Inbred / Nigeria: Report Indicts Nigerian Poet For Molesting 19 'daughters' / Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.