Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako (16758 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji To Marry Alhaji Ishaya Bako Soon… / Nazareth Jesse Bako: I Love God-fearing Men, But Not Poor Ones / Top 25 Sexiest Nollywood Actresses(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by lalasticlala(m): 8:58am On Jan 25, 2015
Nazareth Jesse Bako is a relatively new face in Nollywood, but she has already featured in a number of flicks. In this interview with ANTHONY ADA ABRAHAM, she debunks claims that men are solely behind sexual harassment in the industry.

Excerpt from the interview :

You have acted with a lot of people in the industry, what are the challenges you encountered during the period?

I have worked with a lot of people in the industry having come from the field of Business Administration and Management because I didn’t study Theatre Arts. Because of this, initially, I had a little problem because I couldn’t catch up. I learnt a lot from my colleagues on positioning, character description because acting is my passion. By the way, I am from Kuje area council of the FCT born and bred in Niger State. As an actress, it’s not been easy because you have a lot of competitors and the accessibility to meet up with some jobs because I reside in the FCT. Although we shoot movies once in a while, Abuja is not much of an entertainment place. For example, if 20 movies are produced in other places, in Abuja, only five would be produced. But I have been going around the country shooting movies, so it’s not been easy.

Which has been your most challenging role as an actress?

The most challenging role I have ever played in a movie was being a Catholic Reverend Sister. It was challenging because I don’t know the doctrine. I had to learn how to recite the rosary and also how to say some prayers. I spent days trying to catch-up. It wasn’t smooth though, but I was able to meet up.

Have you ever been harassed by a fan before?

Yes, I have (laughs)

Let’s get the gist.

It was this fateful day when someone accosted me and said, ‘This was the girl I saw fighting on the screen with only bra calling names’. I had to enlighten her that I am just an actor maintaining that it was a role I had to play in the movie which doesn’t depict what I do in real life. She’s even a woman. Even with my explanation, she said, ‘No, don’t play that kind of role’. I then told her that if I don’t play that kind of role, how will she and others know about the disadvantage of being a prostitute or a good or bad person?

[b]This takes us to the issue of sexual harassment in the industry. Have you ever been tried to get a role?

I have never been harassed before. If you look at it critically, this things happen in every sector and not just in the movie industry. Go to the ministries and their parastatals, even in all these private organisations, they practice exists. Sometimes, your boss will walk up to you and start touching you. In the movie industry, there is nothing like that because there is no way, a producer, director or a marketer infringe in your privacy or hold you in an uncomfortable way. The fault is always from the women. You come to location and you don’t dress properly and you don’t expect the men to look at you? (laughs); there is freedom of looking, you know! I believe it is the ladies that has most of the problems. There’s nothing like harassment in the industry. Sometimes, you find out that most girls walk up to their rooms, chatting and even end up sleeping there. So, I don’t think the men are to be blamed.
[/b]

Has any of your male fans ever approached you for a relationship before?

Yes…lots of them. Some of them called me and I don’t even know how they got my contacts. I have many that come down from Europe. Some text while others call.

So how do you cope with them?

Ehmm…(laughs) I just give attention to the one I can and leave the ones I can’t mingle with because I study you from the first moment I get in contact with you. I get to know the kind of person you are, your intentions. It doesn’t mean that I have to date them all. We can be friends.

So who is your best actor in Nollywood ?

My best actor in Nollywood so far has been Ramsey Nouah because he is versatile. He can interpret any kind of role. He is still very relevant.

http://leadership.ng/entertainment/406301/blame-female-actresses-sexual-harassment-nollywood-bako

Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by SeverusSnape(m): 8:59am On Jan 25, 2015
You come to location and you don’t dress properly and you don’t expect the men to look at you? (laughs); there is freedom of looking, you know! I believe it is the ladies that has most of the problems.

Definitely... Though I believe some men are not just matured, Even though a lady dresses like a deeper lifer, They'll still make advances, But like she rightly said, Most of the blame goes to the woman. Most of them dress too provocatively. And you know men like feeding their eyes. undecided

1 Like

Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by Airforce1(m): 8:59am On Jan 25, 2015
I was here
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by Baba419(m): 9:04am On Jan 25, 2015
Is that why she is posing like a frog about to take a leap? grin

27 Likes

Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by NobleAky(m): 9:05am On Jan 25, 2015
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 25, 2015
She exudes stùpidity and gender inferiority complex

A lady dress isn't a criterion for some guys to do nonsense.
Yes! There's a freedom of looking, same way there's freedom in dressing how we(they) like.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by jackpot(f): 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2015
Imagine you are in charge of a movie audition and Cossy Orjiakor breezes in exposing those massive boobies! wink

3 Likes

Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by stonemind(f): 12:31pm On Jan 25, 2015
G
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by elantraceey(f): 12:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
She's not far from the truth.
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by flipboss(m): 12:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
Hnmmm
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by AreaFada2: 12:33pm On Jan 25, 2015
hmmmmmm.

Na complicated matter.
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by blemon44(m): 12:33pm On Jan 25, 2015
ok

we'll blame them
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by juniormusa(m): 12:34pm On Jan 25, 2015
I dedicate this space to GEJ
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by Abd08: 12:34pm On Jan 25, 2015
wink hmmmmmmmm!
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by zegniyi(m): 12:34pm On Jan 25, 2015
Will talk later just want book space

K
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by zonax(m): 12:35pm On Jan 25, 2015
We've heard
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 25, 2015
jackpot:
Imagine you are in charge of a movie audition and Cossy Orjiakor breezes in exposing those massive boobies! wink

What's so important about those expired boobs?
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by Matildahenshaw(f): 12:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
Airforce1:
I was here
na 'there' u dey b4
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by englishmart(m): 12:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
yes. To act isn't by force. It wouldn't make you any better
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by englishmart(m): 12:37pm On Jan 25, 2015
many people dey church now.
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by englishmart(m): 12:38pm On Jan 25, 2015
make I rush smoke weed. I dey come
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 25, 2015
I've read this too many times and everytime it hits frontpage.

[EDIT]

I don't know this woman. Who is she and what movie did she act?
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by alphaconde(m): 12:38pm On Jan 25, 2015
Nicey
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by Cmediagroup: 12:38pm On Jan 25, 2015
When they appear nude
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by englishmart(m): 12:38pm On Jan 25, 2015
una no wan comment abi? no Wahala. Only me go comment
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 25, 2015
Ur perspective
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 25, 2015
Fine Abuja girl
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by horlak(m): 12:43pm On Jan 25, 2015
True talk. Gbam!

But, this girl fine oooooooo.

No wahala....
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by Fkforyou(m): 12:46pm On Jan 25, 2015
FK...
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by pekeyim: 12:46pm On Jan 25, 2015
Let's play the blame game
Re: Blame Actresses For Sexual Harassment In Nollywood – Nazareth Bako by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 25, 2015
Today is sunday, dammit!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Girl Contemplating Abortion Seeks Help From John Dumelo Over Pastor's Prophecy / Photos: Omotola Hosts Widows And Orphanages / Sophia Momodu Denies Deleting Her Instagram Account,Reveals Her Chat With Hacker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.