Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,194 members, 7,807,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? (21664 Views)

Why God Sometimes Delays / Why Does God Sometimes Allow People To Be In Error? / Tips On How To Win People's Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Precioussilas10: 2:21pm On Jan 25, 2015
Pr0ton:

Yh. He makes you a sinner, condemns you as a sinner and sends you to hell for being a sinner. But you yourself don't understand what is going on. That's why it's called mystery. Remain blessed.
You can't be too fast to draw conclusions,broda..we need someone to enlighten us on this.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Pr0ton: 2:22pm On Jan 25, 2015
clevvermind:
you know we humans don't have the right to question God.

20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it , “Why have you made me like this?” 21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor? Romans 9:20-21.

Yh, that's the scam. cool
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Pr0ton: 2:23pm On Jan 25, 2015
Precioussilas10:
You can't be too fast to draw conclusions,broda..we need someone to enlighten us on this.

Goodluck on your waiting. smiley
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by adexsimply(m): 2:30pm On Jan 25, 2015
clevvermind:
it seems i didn't get your question at first.
How do you direct questions meant for God to humans?
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Pr0ton: 2:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
Hiswordxray:

I don't know about predestination but I do believe God cannot infringe on our free will.

Let's say you were a father (God) and Pharoah was your son. Would you treat your son that way? by 'hardening his heart to continue in evil' so that you can 'punish him severely'?
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Hiswordxray(m): 2:44pm On Jan 25, 2015
Pr0ton:

Let's say you were a father (God) and Pharoah was your son. Would you treat your son that way? by 'hardening his heart to continue in evil' so that you can 'punish him severely'?
Pharaoh wasn't a son of God. You can say he is a creature of God which God loves so much but he isn't a son of God.
God loves Pharaoh so much but God is a God of justices and every sin must be punished. God cannot be unjust because He loves somebody.
Pharaoh was given the right judgment because justice must be severed.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by clevvermind(m): 2:47pm On Jan 25, 2015
adexsimply:
How do you direct questions meant for God to humans?
if you direct it to God, you would not get an answer until u meet him in heaven. there are mysteries in the bible that humans cannot phantom until we meet him. maybe this is one of them. but let those who can try answer it carry on.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Pr0ton: 2:52pm On Jan 25, 2015
BabaGnoni.

Those analogies are false. God never tried to pacify Pharoah. He intentionally made him hellbent. Guess you need to reread Exd 7:3 very well. God hardned his heart even before He sent Moses to him. There was no prior fight which God was trying to save Pharoah from till he let him be (because he was hellbent). No, God already left him before the fight started.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Pr0ton: 2:54pm On Jan 25, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Pharaoh wasn't a son of God. You can say he is a creature of God which God loves so much but he isn't a son of God.
God loves Pharaoh so much but God is a God of justices and every sin must be punished. God cannot be unjust because He loves somebody.
Pharaoh was given the right judgment because justice must be severed.

So created us all and then separated children from ba.stards. I love His style.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Hiswordxray(m): 2:57pm On Jan 25, 2015
Pr0ton:

So created us all and then separated children from ba.stards. I love His style.
Do you know the meaning of children?
Is God the father of goats just because He created them?

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Pr0ton: 3:01pm On Jan 25, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Do you know the meaning of children?
Is God the father of goats just because He created them?

Your xray brain should have detected that we are taking about humans here.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Pr0ton: 3:06pm On Jan 25, 2015
clevvermind:
if you direct it to God, you would not get an answer until u meet him in heaven. there are mysteries in the bible that humans cannot phantom until we meet him. maybe this is one of them. but let those who can try answer it carry on.

Why should the word of an all powerful all knowing God be difficult and confusing to comprehend. An intelligent person would know how to format his scripts in way that will be understood clearly, even by the ordinary reader. The creator of intelligence should have his/her/its to be more impressive; unfortunately it doesn't.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 25, 2015
Pharoah was mistreating God's people(the Israelites), so he was 'doomed' already, more or less.

God hardened his heart in order to prove to his people that he was their God with the power to save them.

A time is also coming when God will harden the hearts of our leaders to wipe out religion entirely.

Wait for it....

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Pr0ton: 3:30pm On Jan 25, 2015
MzNelly:
Pharoah was mistreating God's people(the Israelites), so he was 'doomed' already, more or less.

God hardened his heart in order to prove to his people that he was their God with the power to save them.

A time is also coming when God will harden the hearts of our leaders to wipe out religion entirely.

Wait for it....

Remember also that it was God's will for Pharoah to punish Israel. Israel was under slavery for 400years or so because of what Abraham did that offended God. God was using Pharoah to punish Israel, and not Pharoah using his freewill again.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by BabaGnoni: 3:34pm On Jan 25, 2015
Pr0ton:
BabaGnoni.
Those analogies are false.
God never tried to pacify Pharoah. He intentionally made him hellbent
Guess you need to reread Exd 7:3 very well.
God hardned his heart even before He sent Moses to him.
There was no prior fight which God was trying to save Pharoah from till he let him be (because he was hellbent).
No, God already left him before the fight started.

Ah-ha Pr0ton!, Why you wan fall for my hand nau?
Did you say: "He intentionally made him hellbent"?
And that: "God hardned his heart even before He sent Moses to him"?
Oh my bad. God must be a psychopath then. Tut-tut-tut

Pr0ton, what is the difference and/or distinction between WILL and HAVE?
- that is a starting block question

I didnt read "I HAVE HARDENED..." but read "I WILL HARDEN..."
Guess maybe it's actually you, who has to dust out his bible and needs to re-read Exodus 7:3 very well
whilst at it, then read
Exodus 7:4, Exodus 7:13
and then particularly Hebrews 3:15 to get a clearer picture on the subject of heart hardening

You say the analogies/illustrations are false.
OK, please indulge me and tell, what to your knowledge symbolises the voice of God OR word of God in the bible
(i.e. what symbolism(s) is used for the voice of God or word of God in the bible)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by clevvermind(m): 3:39pm On Jan 25, 2015
Pr0ton:

Why should the word of an all powerful all knowing God be difficult and confusing to comprehend. An intelligent person would know how to format his scripts in way that will be understood clearly, even by the ordinary reader. The creator of intelligence should have his/her/its to be more impressive; unfortunately it doesn't.
the issue is, what have you done with the little he had revealed to you?
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 25, 2015
Pr0ton:

Remember also that was God's will for Pharoah to punish Israel. Israel was under slavery for 400years or so because of what Abraham did that offended God. God was using Pharoah to punish Israel, and not Pharoah using his freewill again.

Okay.

Please expatiate if you can.

I'd like scriptural references, if possible too.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Hiswordxray(m): 3:43pm On Jan 25, 2015
Pr0ton:

Your xray brain should have detected that we are taking about humans here.
Not all creature of God are God's children.
Then not all humans are God's children.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Pr0ton: 3:45pm On Jan 25, 2015
BabaGnoni

Whether "I have" or "I will" it was God doing the hardening. But wait... You mean there was a possibility that God might not harden Pharoah's heart even after saying "I will"? Not likely, because "tho heaven and earth pass away; my word will never pass away".

It is even more clear in Exd 9:12 that what God told Moses came true.

And I'm not claiming to have a better knowledge. embarassed Let's just get things straight, not twisted smiley
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Pr0ton: 3:47pm On Jan 25, 2015
clevvermind:
the issue is, what have you done with the little he had revealed to you?

There is nothing to make out from the "little he has revealed"
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by BabaGnoni: 3:50pm On Jan 25, 2015
Pr0ton:
BabaGnoni

Whether "I have" or "I will" it was God doing the hardening. But wait... You mean there was a possibility that God might not harden Pharoah's heart even after saying "I will"? Not likely, because "tho heaven and earth pass away; my word will never pass away".

And I'm not claiming to have a better knowledge. embarassed
Let's just get things straight, not twisted smiley

Before we move on Pr0ton, have you dust out your bible to read Hebrews 3:15 yet?
Also please dont play the selective forgetfulness card on this one
I requested
:
Please indulge me and tell, what to your knowledge symbolises the voice of God OR word of God in the bible
(i.e. what symbolism(s) is used for the voice of God or word of God in the bible)

Should we be surprised at Exodus 9:12?
Anyone that agrees that God is Ominiscient, that God is Omni-all-knowing,
that God knows the end from the beginning wouldnt bat an eyelid at Exodus 9:12
PS: By the way, no one has a monopoly of knowledge except God. We are all learning Pr0ton
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by clevvermind(m): 3:57pm On Jan 25, 2015
Pr0ton:
BabaGnoni

And I'm not claiming to have a better knowledge. embarassed Let's just get things straight, not twisted smiley
it seems Pharaoh's heart was already hardened before.

1 Afterward Moses and Aaron went in and told Pharaoh, “Thus says the LORD God of Israel: ‘Let My people go, that they may hold a feast to Me in the wilderness.’ ” 2 And Pharaoh said, “Who is the LORD, that I should obey His voice to let Israel go? I do not know the LORD, nor will I let Israel go.” Exodus 5:1-2.

pharoah wants to contest with God and God had to prove to him that he was far superior to him. no one contest with God. satan tries it and he was cast out. Nebuchadnezzar tries it and he was turned to an animal for seven years. Herod tries it and his body gone rotten and eaten by worms. etc.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by clevvermind(m): 4:01pm On Jan 25, 2015
Pr0ton:

There is nothing to make out from the "little he has revealed"
it means you are the one that is not ready to know and use it. your mind is fixed.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Pr0ton: 4:05pm On Jan 25, 2015
MzNelly:

Okay.

Please expatiate if you can.

I'd like scriptural references, if possible too.

Gen 15, Abraham was making a sacifice to God, then a bird came and landed on the sacifice. Abraham chased it away, but God got angry because of that. In verse 13, God told Abraham that his "seed will be stangers in a land that is not theirs. They shall be punished by them and servr them for 400 years" he'll however "deliver them from the land, and punish the land they served" verse 14.

In Exodus 1:11-14, the Israelites are afflicted, made slaves and, in verse 22, got their sons killed.

In chapter 6 verses 5 and 6 God "remembered His covenant" and promised "to deliver them from the burdens of Egyptians"

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Pr0ton: 4:06pm On Jan 25, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Not all creature of God are God's children.
Then not all humans are God's children.

But he created them. Why the difference?
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Pr0ton: 4:17pm On Jan 25, 2015
BabaGnoni:

Before we move on Pr0ton, have you dust out your bible to read Hebrews 3:15 yet?

When you hear his voice do not harden your heart.

Also please dont play the selective forgetfulness card on this one
I requested
:
Please indulge me and tell, what to your knowledge symbolises the voice of God OR word of God in the bible

It depends on which Bible. Except you tell me what you are driving at, I might not answer this well.

Should we be surprised at Exodus 9:12?
Anyone that agrees that God is Ominiscient, that God is Omni-all-knowing,
that God knows the end from the beginning wouldnt bat an eyelid at Exodus 9:12
PS: By the way, no one has a monopoly of knowledge except God. We are all learning Pr0ton

You didn't get it my point. Suffice to say, he hardned his heart before he sent Moses.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by BabaGnoni: 4:21pm On Jan 25, 2015
Pr0ton:
But he created them.
Why the difference?

You havent provided me your answers to my questions

The difference is as simple as, will you take ownership of what you didnt create, didnt or havent adopted?
- only a thief, a thief like in John 10:10, will do such
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by BabaGnoni: 4:23pm On Jan 25, 2015
^^^
Oh sorry, you actually just have grin grin grin
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Hiswordxray(m): 4:24pm On Jan 25, 2015
Pr0ton:

But he created them. Why the difference?
Because children are born not created.
"12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born,not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. " (John 1:12-13).
"23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever," (1Pet 1:23).
"6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." (John 3:6).
God created humans but He gives birth to His children.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Pr0ton: 4:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
clevvermind:
it seems Pharaoh's heart was already hardened before.

1 Afterward Moses and Aaron went in and told Pharaoh, “Thus says the LORD God of Israel: ‘Let My people go, that they may hold a feast to Me in the wilderness.’ ” 2 And Pharaoh said, “Who is the LORD, that I should obey His voice to let Israel go? I do not know the LORD, nor will I let Israel go.” Exodus 5:1-2.

pharoah wants to contest with God and God had to prove to him that he was far superior to him. no one contest with God. satan tries it and he was cast out. Nebuchadnezzar tries it and he was turned to an animal for seven years. Herod tries it and his body gone rotten and eaten by worms. etc.

If you as well read Exodus 4, the prior incident to the one you pointed out in Exodus 5, you'll see that God had already said in verse 21 that He would harden Pharoah's heart.

And I love the way your loving God punishes people too.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Pr0ton: 4:26pm On Jan 25, 2015
BabaGnoni:

You havent provided me your answers to my questions

The difference is as simple as, will you take ownership of what you didnt create, didnt or havent adopted?
- only a thief, a thief like in John 10:10, will do such

What are you saying There are some humans God didn't create
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Pr0ton: 4:30pm On Jan 25, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Because children are born not created.
"12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born,not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. " (John 1:12-13).
"23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever," (1Pet 1:23).
"6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." (John 3:6).
God created humans but He gives birth to His children.

It is getting funnier. cheesy We are still coming back to where we think we left. "He separated children from b.astards" yet "He created us all".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mallam Yusuf Adepoju Of ACADIP Got Embarrassed By Muhammad Lifestyle / How I Escaped Hell- Sister Linda’s Testimony / 10 Categories Of People That Run From Church To Another For Miracles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.