Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? (21641 Views)

Why God Sometimes Delays / Why Does God Sometimes Allow People To Be In Error? / Tips On How To Win People's Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Precioussilas10: 4:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
BabaGnoni:

^^^
#1 How does one build and raise a nation, and raise it covertly, without alarming other nations already inhabiting lands this nation was given to possess?
(i.e. recall Abraham and his offspring were promised those lands now inhabited 430 years ago)
Answer - Use Egypt, a superpower of that era
#2 God passes judgement when the cup is full with foaming wine (i.e. wine been a symbolism for divine judgments)
#3 God said He will pass judgement on Egypt and vindicate the Israelites
(i.e. pay back time for the Egyptians and set free time for the Israelites)
#4 Pharaoh was a law unto himself. God hands off him, obliged him and so Pharaoh gets his just desserts
Lets first consider the root of the matter,where stated pharoah was created for that purpose.This being established,there would have been no escape route for pharoah....have u read 'the god's are not to blame'?..were the chief character in that play could't escape destiny even when he tried to run away from it.he ended up running into it.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 26, 2015
Edusouls:
you even beleived nature made you, and you were so organized as a human being, meaning that nature that made you is super organized, now who designed nature to be so organized? did nature just form by mere coincidence? noo my brother nature was designed by the creator, if you dont beleive in God them you shouldnt even beleive in natures ingenuity,because God is nature, and God is love that's why although you doubt his existence, he still keeps you alive and healthy, atheist beleive in your maker while you still can., because your very soul when you die goes back to the owner and he will ask you to give accounts of your deeds...u have a good heart, so realize the inevitable truth in time and make ur self complete...
Don't mind my grammatical error in the prior post. However, that also brings to mind who made God if you question nature in it all encompassing ability to effect changes as we have known through different physical phenomenon. You still don't have basic understanding of your environment the reason why you think it is not possible for human to be made by nature. We have been molded gradually through different processes which finally create who we are today. The moment you start thinking along reasonable factors the best for you to get closer to the truth. God doesn't exist and that is completely correct!

Bwahaha... If God is nature as you said it means it is not a being. It is not reasonable and it's not supernatural as all of you want us to have it. Now, you are defining a different God people worship. This is another attempt to recreate God! Hahaha... I think you are very funny though.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
stint:

Nature ingenuity? You talk about nature as if its a person. Do you believe in the evolution theory. You think your brain as powerful and complex as it is was made by accident?You think the earth just happened to be rightly position from the sun to support human life. What about the sun, who created it? There is just so many things that could only have been created ,by a force who is all powerfull , there is no other explanation. Google the many holes in the theory of evolution.

That is called personification and if you cannot grasp that that is your problem not mine. Yes, I believe in evolution to some degree. The brain has a limit and not so powerful as you think. Humans can only discover and design from what already existed in nature. You are overrating human beings in it inability to find solution to many things in life. Other animals are even more skillful in some areas than humans. Life is not something so complex as you are trying to make it looks. It is based on cautiousness(mostly a chemical process) and responses to different stimulus. You need to see to the composition of human being in comparison to fruit fly and how it is only a little difference that separate both. You are making a mountain out of molehill.

What forces are you talking about? You didn't explain your supernatural force which doesn't have any effect on the natural world. It is even clear there is nothing like supernatural in the first place, just that humans lack the ability to understand many things in nature. Please, stop reading wrong meanings to things you don't understand.

Oh, please! You are the person who needs to Google on evolution and the errors found in the theories not me, because you aren't making any sense with what you have said so far.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
adexsimply:
He's still tampering with "freewill". I'll only agree with you if you can convince me god does not really offer freewill to his assumed creatures

Let it be known that your brain has been programmed by god to choose btw good and bad.You can called it conscience of the common sense.When u see a car on fast speed,you don't just run into it else u will get killed.Animal don't have these type of free will.

Free will makes u decide btw good and bad.You can quitely enter a house and still smns money or property and no one sees u except god.But free will tells u its bad .Here because of the free will god gave,he told us we shall held accountable for any bad deed.

Hope this helps
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Jameselias: 9:17pm On Jan 26, 2015
Why b/cos he is posessed by evil spirit of anger cool
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by stint(m): 9:30pm On Jan 26, 2015
all4naija:

That is called personification and if you cannot grasp that that is your problem not mine. Yes, I believe in evolution to some degree. The brain has a limit and not so powerful as you think. Humans can only discover and design from what already existed in nature. You are overrating human beings in it inability to find solution to many things in life. Other animals are even more skillful in some areas than humans. Life is not something so complex as you are trying to make it looks. It is based on cautiousness(mostly a chemical process) and responses to different stimulus. You need to see to the composition of human being in comparison to fruit fly and how it is only a little difference that separate both. You are making a mountain out of molehill.

What forces are you talking about? You didn't explain your supernatural force which doesn't have any effect on the natural world. It is even clear there is nothing like supernatural in the first place, just that humans lack the ability to understand many things in nature. Please, stop reading wrong meanings to things you don't understand.

Oh, please! You are the person who needs to Google on evolution and the errors found in the theories not me, because you aren't making any sense with what you have said so far.
Fruit fly? Not chimpazees again? not monkeys and a lot of other animals we are similar to depending on what is being compared. There is more evidence for the existense of God than against it. Believe me, you need to do some googling. You really do not appreciate the complexity of the human brain or the world we live in.
Lets leave that aside for a minute, answer these
Do you also think the devil does not exist?
[/size]Lets now assume you are right and there is no God. When I die, i have lost nothing except a few pleasures i would have indulged in otherwise
But if I am right, and there is God, Heaven and Hell. The atheist will suffer eternity in hell.[size=12pt]

Think of it as a wager, we all place a bet. The price is our eternity. A man of logic like you should know the best bet. If you really think about this and still dont change. Then there is nothing more i can say.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Weah96: 10:23pm On Jan 26, 2015
stint:

Think of it as a wager, we all place a bet. The price is our eternity. A man of logic like you should know the best bet. If you really think about this and still dont change. Then there is nothing more i can say.

Let's assume that you're right, that it is an issue of betting. You have cast your resources behind Jesus, and a Hindu has cast his behind Krishna.

I'm sure you've encountered multiple choice questions before. There are at least three choices in this scenario, not two. The choices are Jesus, Krishna, and atheism. It isn't just a choice between God or no God. The correct God matters, and [size=15pt]over 6 billion people [/size]on the planet have cast bets that are different from yours. Over 6 billion people, including myself, believe that your bet is the wrong one.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Nobody: 1:45am On Jan 27, 2015
stint:

Fruit fly? Not chimpazees again? not monkeys and a lot of other animals we are similar to depending on what is being compared. There is more evidence for the existense of God than against it. Believe me, you need to do some googling. You really do not appreciate the complexity of the human brain or the world we live in.
Lets leave that aside for a minute, answer these
Do you also think the devil does not exist?
[/size]Lets now assume you are right and there is no God. When I die, i have lost nothing except a few pleasures i would have indulged in otherwise
But if I am right, and there is God, Heaven and Hell. The atheist will suffer eternity in hell.[size=12pt]

Bwahaha... What you are smoking is not good for your brain. I think you are very funny and shallow in reasoning. cheesy grin cool
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by stint(m): 10:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
all4naija:
Bwahaha... What you are smoking is not good for your brain. I think you are very funny and shallow in reasoning. cheesy grin cool
I am not going to say what i think about you.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by stint(m): 11:13pm On Jan 27, 2015
Weah96:

Let's assume that you're right, that it is an issue of betting. You have cast your resources behind Jesus, and a Hindu has cast his behind Krishna.

I'm sure you've encountered multiple choice questions before. There are at least three choices in this scenario, not two. The choices are Jesus, Krishna, and atheism. It isn't just a choice between God or no God. The correct God matters, and [size=15pt]over 6 billion people [/size]on the planet have cast bets that are different from yours. Over 6 billion people, including myself, believe that your bet is the wrong one.

Atheist are not six billion! What is the real number. I only tried to explain it in a way i thought you would appreciate when i said assume its a bet. It is not a bet. It is certain. There is a creator. Billions of people have a different religion, YES. in my book those people are better that atheist. They do believe in God. Why will anyone ever say there is no God, i mean are you blind? Look around. See his handiwork. See the millions of things that can only be God. See the sky, moon, sun, stars, ocean, creatures, etc Take a boat ride, look at the sky, go hiking. You really think all this thing is an accident? Work of nature abi? What is nature, define it. Nature ko nature ni.
The fool says in his heart, there is no God.

Most people take the religion that is popular where they are born. If i was indian, i ll probably be into hinduism. I am not saying am a christain just because of where i grew up cos that is wrong. That is not the point. The point is, no matter where i am born, no matter what the religion popular there is, with half a brain, one eyes and an open mind to really observe this world, I WOULD STILL BELIEVE IN GOD. there are just too many things that can only be God.

I am not a pastor, I am a sinner, I may go to hell, i may even change my religion. One thing i will never do is say there is no God.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Weah96: 11:17am On Jan 28, 2015
stint:

Atheist are not six billion! What is the real number. I only tried to explain it in a way i thought you would appreciate when i said assume its a bet. It is not a bet. It is certain. There is a creator. Billions of people have a different religion, YES. in my book those people are better that atheist. They do believe in God. Why will anyone ever say there is no God, i mean are you blind? Look around. See his handiwork. See the millions of things that can only be God. See the sky, moon, sun, stars, ocean, creatures, etc Take a boat ride, look at the sky, go hiking. You really think all this thing is an accident? Work of nature abi? What is nature, define it. Nature ko nature ni.
The fool says in his heart, there is no God.

Most people take the religion that is popular where they are born. If i was indian, i ll probably be into hinduism. I am not saying am a christain just because of where i grew up cos that is wrong. That is not the point. The point is, no matter where i am born, no matter what the religion popular there is, with half a brain, one eyes and an open mind to really observe this world, I WOULD STILL BELIEVE IN GOD. there are just too many things that can only be God.

I am not a pastor, I am a sinner, I may go to hell, i may even change my religion. One thing i will never do is say there is no God.

Smh. 6 billion people have bet that you are headed for torture. They're not all atheists. Many are theists, like Muslims, Jews, and Hindus. They believe that you and I are headed for the same destination.

So belief in God doesn't mean jack sh8t. The right God matters. Allah won't have mercy on Jesus worshippers, and Yahweh won't pity those who follow the teachings of Mohammed. Get your mind right.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by stint(m): 2:25pm On Jan 28, 2015
Weah96:

Smh. 6 billion people have bet that you are headed for torture. They're not all atheists. Many are theists, like Muslims, Jews, and Hindus. They believe that you and I are headed for the same destination.

So belief in God doesn't mean jack sh8t. The right God matters. Allah won't have mercy on Jesus worshippers, and Yahweh won't pity those who follow the teachings of Mohammed. Get your mind right.
Did i say the right God doesnt matter
Did i say God will have mercy on does of a wrong religion?
A man needs his God. In the absense of the right information. People will accepth any religion that confirms what they know in their heart, THEIR IS GOD. open your eyes and see his works and be true to yourself. There are so many religion today because people were seeking explanation to the many things you have refused to consider. Thats why all over the even before one country knew of the other, they were all coming up with believe systems. Some even built a temple TO THE UNKNOWN GOD, meaning they may not have the right information about his identity, but they just knew he had to exist. Drop a boy and girl on an island, go back after a thousand years and they would have created their own god. You like talking billions. Billions of people believe there is God, just conflicting ideas about his identity. 6 billion like u said. How many people are like you? . Atheism came much later compared to even IFA.
Stop trying too hard to sound wise abeg.
Am done with u.
I pray a day comes when u open your mind to the nunerous proof around u.
Please we both know nothing i say will make accept you re wrong. So please dont quote me.
Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Weah96: 3:21pm On Jan 28, 2015
stint:

Did i say the right God doesnt matter
Did i say God will have mercy on does of a wrong religion?
A man needs his God. In the absense of the right information. People will accepth any religion that confirms what they know in their heart, THEIR IS GOD. open your eyes and see his works and be true to yourself. There are so many religion today because people were seeking explanation to the many things you have refused to consider. Thats why all over the even before one country knew of the other, they were all coming up with believe systems. Some even built a temple TO THE UNKNOWN GOD, meaning they may not have the right information about his identity, but they just knew he had to exist. Drop a boy and girl on an island, go back after a thousand years and they would have created their own god. You like talking billions. Billions of people believe there is God, just conflicting ideas about his identity. 6 billion like u said. How many people are like you? . Atheism came much later compared to even IFA.
Stop trying too hard to sound wise abeg.
Am done with u.
I pray a day comes when u open your mind to the nunerous proof around u.
Please we both know nothing i say will make accept you re wrong. So please dont quote me.

Straw man. I never said that there isn't a God. After all, it has been established in this section that the word "God" is an amorphous term unless it is further specified. My own God is my Conscience and mother Nature. Yours is an anthropomorphic being who sacrificed himself to himself by assuming the form of a white man after having a white virgin impregnated.

You created a fake argument on my behalf, and I won't allow you to pat yourself on the back and waltz out of here without clarifying my position.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, I bring you a message from my own God verbatim. My God wants you to know that only fools believe in hell fire and that you would be surprised to know that the overwhelming majority of people are spiritual fools. I asked him to put that number in perspective and he replied by telling me to consider the number of people traveling on a small village path, compared to those traveling on I-20 in Atlanta.

Btw, the most you can do is remain silent. Telling someone not to quote you, when you're quoting them, is the definition of hubris. Just who the fck do you think you are?

See the proportion of spiritual fools to sane people demonstrated by the two pictures below. Fools really do rush in.

Re: Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? by Perezzi247: 7:55pm On Jun 11, 2017
I believe Saul's heart was hardened when he persecuted Christians right? but when time came to know the truth about God was he humble or hard-hearted?
For a purpose God can use someone for His name to be exalted. Afterwards, the person, persons or nations in question will have a one-on-one account with Him. Their decision afterwards is of their own free will.

Those who learnt from God lesson after their opposition: Saul (later Paul) and Nebuchadnessar

Those who did not learn from God's lesson: Pharoah of Egypt, Sanballat and his company.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! / Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? / Mass Wedding: Catholic Priest Sponsors 136 Couples In Nasarawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.