Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris (3966 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Will Continue Agitation For Igbo Nation – Wife / Tinubu, PDP And The Road To 2019 - By Dele Momodu / Shachris Is A Fan Of Radio Biafra - Facts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 25, 2015
Before anything, I want to say this, IF YOU ARE NOT IGBO, YOU ARE TOTALLY MISSING.

I am a passionate igboman. If i am giving the chance, over a million reincarnations, i would always choose to be an Igboman. of course you know why.

Now let me get down to the main purpose of this post.

You see, after the world war, the wronged and belligerents in Asia could have chosen to lick thier wounds and seethed in resentment. They could have chosen to do away with anything American, and their relations could have been poisoned by raw memories of bloody atrocities and brutal battles, but also centuries of historic animosities and perceived injustices. Especially for those in Japan.

But instead, they chose to make money. The Japanese set aside the two atomic bombs dropped on their civilians and embraced the U.S. Eventually China buried its cold war rhetoric and bitter recollections of wartime invasion and opened up to trade and and investment, with both US and Japan. And who is having the last laugh now?

For the past 60 years, Asia has favoured economic integration over political rivalry. This is what i suggest the igbo Nation to do. The war has come and gone. We all have counted our loses and licked our wounds. But after the war, what next? We need to regain back what we have lost. We need to open up our once flourishing economy. There was a time in Nigeria that the igbos controlled the Nigerian economy. You cannot mention economy without mentioning the igbo. But what has happened now? We have been shut off from the very same markets that we established.

How do we regain this lost glory? Through economic integration. Lets forget about what Hausa and Yoruba did to us. The truth is, we need them expand. We cannot continue to shoot at each other and expect to make advancements.

Its either we choose to forget the past and go on to build the greatest economy in the whole of Africa or we choose resentment and remain stagnant as we have been since after the war. The choice it ours.

5 Likes

Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 25, 2015
tzoracle:

And let the blood of our fore fathers be in vain?
What we need is one spirit and unity

This sort of reasoning is what has being keeping us back for ages? Actually, what do you think our fore-fathers died fighting for?

1 Like

Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by asha80(m): 11:12am On Jan 25, 2015
shachris03:
Before anything, I want to say this, IF YOU ARE NOT IGBO, YOU ARE TOTALLY MISSING.

I am a passionate igboman. If i am giving the chance, over a million reincarnations, i would always choose to be an Igboman. of course you know why.

Now let me get down to the main purpose of this post.

You see, after the world war, the wronged and belligerents in Asia could have chosen to lick thier wounds and seethed in resentment. They could have chosen to do away with anything American, and their relations could have been poisoned by raw memories of bloody atrocities and brutal battles, but also centuries of historic animosities and perceived injustices. Especially for those in Japan.

But instead, they chose to make money. The Japanese set aside the two atomic bombs dropped on their civilians and embraced the U.S. Eventually China buried its cold war rhetoric and bitter recollections of wartime invasion and opened up to trade and and investment, with both US and Japan. And who is having the last laugh now?

For the past 60 years, Asia has favoured economic integration over political rivalry. This is what i suggest the igbo Nation to do. The war has come and gone. We all have counted our loses and licked our wounds. But after the war, what next? We need to regain back what we have lost. We need to open up our once flourishing economy. There was a time in Nigeria that the igbos controlled the Nigerian economy. You cannot mention economy without mentioning the igbo. But what has happened now? We have been shut off from the very same markets that we established.

How do we regain this lost glory? Through economic integration. Lets forget about what Hausa and Yoruba did to us. The truth is, we need them expand. We cannot continue to shoot at each other and expect to make advancements.

Its either we choose to forget the past and go on to build the greatest economy in the whole of Africa or we choose resentment and remain stagnant as we have been since after the war. The choice it ours.
just curios which economy has the igbos being shut off from and what do you mean igbos have not yet intergrated in Nigeria economically?what markets did igbos establish that they are no longer in control of?..we are talking economics and biz here right and not politics?

1 Like

Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by tzoracle: 11:16am On Jan 25, 2015
shachris:

This sort of reasoning is what has being keeping us back for ages? Actually, what do you think our fore-fathers died fighting for?

Freedom,look at sudan and learn,when people have nothing in common together they can't stand. Even scotland that has been part of great britain from time immemorial didn't they have misgivings about the union

6 Likes

Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 25, 2015
asha80:
just curios which economy has the igbos being shut off from and what do you mean igbos have not yet integrated in Nigeria economically?what markets did igbos establish that they are no longer in control of?..we are talking economics and biz here right and not politics?

Good question. Before the market, igbos were the richest people in Nigeria. An instance is the late DIM ojukwu. The father of late chukwuemeka Ojukwu. Igbo were the ones that introduced trading in Oil, which formed bulk of our export, during the British rule. Igbos also engaged in Slave trades with the Europeans. Even though this trade is inhumane, it was bringing in much money at the time, much more than the other regions could afford. The truth is, we built the Nigerian economy.
Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 25, 2015
tzoracle:

Freedom,look at sudan and learn,when people have nothing in common together they can't stand. Even scotland that has been part of great britain from time immemorial didn't they have misgivings about the union

I would rather remain in Nigeria that be a part of a thousand south sudanese. If that is your prayer for the Igbo nation, it can never work for you bro.

Our father's died fighting for a better life for their generations to come. The essence of the war, at least the real essence and not the ojukwu ego part, is to make life easier for the coming generations.

1 Like

Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 25, 2015
amjoseph19:

Ka amadioha gbajie gi olu ebe'a. We igbos should form allegiance with ndi ugwu. I highly doubt if igbo blood flows in you.
Onye ara.

Nwanne, agaghi m abu gi onu n'ihi amara m n isi ezugigi oke. socrates has this to say 'any man who cannot live in a state is a beast'.

Life is not fair bro. You do what works, not what is right.

1 Like

Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by tzoracle: 11:29am On Jan 25, 2015
shachris:

I would rather remain in Nigeria that be a part of a thousand south sudanese. If that is your prayer for the Igbo nation, it can never work for you bro.

Our father's died fighting for a better life for their generations to come. The essence of the war, at least the real essence and not the ojukwu ego part, is to make life easier for the coming generations.

Dude your missing the point,nigeria has no basis for unity,shikina
Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by asha80(m): 11:30am On Jan 25, 2015
shachris:

Good question. Before the market, igbos were the richest people in Nigeria. An instance is the late DIM ojukwu. The father of late chukwuemeka Ojukwu. Igbo were the ones that introduced trading in Oil, which formed bulk of our export, during the British rule. Igbos also engaged in Slave trades with the Europeans. Even though this trade is inhumane, it was bringing in much money at the time, much more than the other regions could affored. The truth is, we built the Nigerian economy.
your assertion that because because ojukwu was the richest Nigerian in his time and hence igbos were richest is funny and laughable...check the list of 10 richest Nigerians at time and tell me that apart from ojukwu and akwiwu which other igbo name do you see on the list? So you feel that having one person from a tribe as the richest on the country automatically means the tribe is the richest?..so a dangote being the richest in Nigeria automatically means the fulani are the richest people in Nigeria at the moment?...let me ask you which ethnic group has the highest middle class in present day Nigeria?that is where you gauge real richness and not one big billionaire surrounded by thousand or hundrednaires....as for slave trade you display ignorance there as ijaws would have one or two things to say about that...i wonder why you would even mention slave tread in economic issues of modern Nigeria...can you tell me how slave trading helped in building Nigerian economy?...you still did not tell me how igbos have not intergrated into Nigerian economy

2 Likes

Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 25, 2015
asha80:
your assertion that because because ojukwu was the richest Nigerian in his time and hence igbos were richest is funny and laughable...check the list of 10 richest Nigerians at time and tell me that apart from ojukwu and akwiwu which other igbo name do you see on the list? So you feel that having one person from a tribe as the richest on the country automatically means the tribe is the richest?..so a dangote being the richest in Nigeria automatically means the fulani are the richest people in Nigeria at the moment?...let me ask you which ethnic group has the highest middle class in present day Nigeria?that is where you gauge real richness and not one big billionaire surrounded by thousand or hundrednaires....as for slave trade you display ignorance there as ijaws would have one or two things to say about that...i wonder why you would even mention slave tread in economic issues of modern Nigeria...can you tell me how slave trading helped in building Nigerian economy?...you still did not tell me how igbos have not intergrated into Nigerian economy

Take it or leave it, the hausa's control the economy of Nigeria. Nigerian Economy is not taxed based. So middle class do not like have a say.

Back to your question. Before the discovery of Crude oil, what was our major export commodity? Which region was its major producer?

I brought up slave trade because it brought in foreign currencies into the economy. It boosted our foreign exchange.
Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by amjoseph19: 11:47am On Jan 25, 2015
shachris:

Nwanne, agaghi m abu gi onu n'ihi amara m n isi ezugigi oke. socrates has this to say 'any man who cannot live in a state is a beast'.

Life is not fair bro. You do what works, not what is right.
Kee nti nke oma, newton kwuru si, " in every action there's equal and opposite reaction". Suggesting that igbos should form allegiance with the hausa is like mocking us. How can you even think of that. Hausa's do not, have never and will never have igbo's interest at heart. How can you forget so soon what they did to our(if you are from igbo) fathers. How can you forget what they are doing to our brothers in the north.
Stop mocking igbos with this your laughable suggestions.
Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by asha80(m): 11:48am On Jan 25, 2015
shachris:

Take it or leave it, the hausa's control the economy of Nigeria. Nigerian Economy is not taxed based. So middle class do not like have a say.

Back to your question. Before the discovery of Crude oil, what was our major export commodity? Which region was its major producer?

I brought up slave trade because it brought in foreign currencies into the economy. It boosted our foreign exchange.
ok I can see where you are going..goodluck

1 Like

Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 25, 2015
tzoracle:

Dude your missing the point,nigeria has no basis for unity,shikina

Nigeria has no basis for unity, you say, yet your big men keep buying and building mansions in the west and North. Are you sure you are not being deceived bro?

1 Like

Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 25, 2015
asha80:
ok I can see where you are going..goodluck

Goodluck to you too, brother. All what i am asking is that we become one. lets throw this towel of tribalism aside and work together towards building a greater economy. At the end of the day, politics should be for the common good, and not ethnic good.
Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 25, 2015
amjoseph19:

Kee nti nke oma, newton kwuru si, " in every action there's equal and opposite reaction". Suggesting that igbos should form allegiance with the hausa is like mocking us. How can you even think of that. Hausa's do not, have never and will never have igbo's interest at heart. How can you forget so soon what they did to our(if you are from igbo) fathers. How can you forget what they are doing to our brothers in the north.
Stop mocking igbos with this your laughable suggestions.

its called power bro. in the game of power, you play a sucker to catch a sucker. With the way you are behaving, you are just a plain book. Japaneses lost millions of citizens during second world war, through a bomb thrown by the US. Today, what can you say about Japanesse and US allegiance?
Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by asadike(f): 11:56am On Jan 25, 2015
Mods, front page pls. Let's clear dis issue once and for all. D people u want us to extend our arms for embrace, how sure are u dat they really want us, ndi igbo have been suffering d effects of the civil war till date. We are made 3rd class citizen in dis same country. Everything we have today is by sheer hardwork and determination. Pls, this your logic can only work if we have a country of our own or in true federalism not in a quota system of govt where some backward people believe they are born to rule others far better than them.

5 Likes

Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by asha80(m): 11:57am On Jan 25, 2015
shachris:

Goodluck to you too, brother. All what i am asking is that we become one. lets throw this towel of tribalism aside and work together towards building a greater economy. At the end of the day, politics should be for the common good, and not ethnic good.
if you do not understand what I meant by good luck pls ask...what I mean is good luck on this your pattern of trying to woo votes from south east which I do not think would work...there are other ways and patterns of doing such.
Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 25, 2015
asha80:
if you do not understand what I meant by good luck pls ask...what I mean is good luck on this your pattern of trying to woo votes from south east which I do not think would work...there are other ways and patterns of doing such.

False. I am not wooing any vote from anybody. I am just being realist and not blinded by sentiments. I love my igbo Nation first, before anything Nigerian.
Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 25, 2015
asadike:
Mods, front page pls. Let's clear dis issue once and for all. D people u want us to extend our arms for embrace, how sure are u dat they really want us, ndi igbo have been suffering d effects of the civil war till date. We are made 3rd class citizen in dis same country. Everything we have today is by sheer hardwork and determination. Pls, this your logic can only work if we have a country of our own or in true federalism not in a quota system of govt where some backward people believe they are born to rule others far better than them.

Thank God we are in a demogracy. Nobody would rule over us except we give them the chance to. If you say we cannot form allegiance with the North, what about the SW? Hausa's would never stand a chance against a united Igbo-Yoruba allegiance. In trade we complement each other, in religion, we are almost alike, in education and enlightenment, we lead the pack. Nigeria would only take igbo serious if they can see them as a threat.
Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by asha80(m): 12:07pm On Jan 25, 2015
shachris:

False. I am not wooing any vote from anybody. I am just being realist and not blinded by sentiments. I love my igbo Nation first, before anything Nigerian.
by the way how do hausas control the? economy
Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 25, 2015
asha80:
by the way how do hausas control the? economy

What is our major export commodity? Who owns most of the blocs? Who are our Agricultural stakeholders? Who own the major import channels in Nigeria? Who is the richest man in Nigeria?
Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by asadike(f): 12:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
shachris:

Thank God we are in a demogracy. Nobody would rule over us except we give them the chance to. If you say we cannot form allegiance with the North, what about the SW? Hausa's would never stand a chance against a united Igbo-Yoruba allegiance. In trade we complement each other, in religion, we are almost alike, in education and enlightenment, we lead the pack. Nigeria would only take igbo serious if they can see them as a threat.
yoruba-igbo alliance would have been d best but it can't work coz it has been proven several times that yorubas are very jealous of ndi igbo and myt end up betraying them at d last minute.

1 Like

Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by Change2015(m): 12:23pm On Jan 25, 2015
A commendable opinion, but I will suggest this.
Post World War2, the USA was occupying Japan and was instrumental in the new direction Japan took. The USA was also concerned with the recovery of Europe hence the Marshall plan. It wasn't a simple idea to make money, but to build healthy non-military economies that would be interrelated and bound together by commercial and security interests, without being aggressive militarily. There was actually a development plan put in place for Japan, but in the case of South Korea, it was a post war military leader that set in motion the development we see today.
Nigeria can never develop if we never learn how to make things we need or others need. No nation has skipped that stage of development. Importing, buying and selling does very little to develop the huge supply of human capital that we have. Nothing absorbs labour like manufacturing. It is the lust for money without real labour that has brought our society to this sad state. Why fix the refineries if you can just import, very depressing state of affairs. We need better leadership that can deliver on the necessary infrastructure that will lower manufacturing costs (electricity, freight trains and routes for distribution, decent roads, stable policies, eradication of multiple taxation, justice system reforms so that contracts can be clarified in a timely manner etc) so that we may become the manufacturing hub for Africa at least. Chinese goods are a trojan horse that will destroy our capacity if we continue down that road. Already the textiles industry is comatose after hundreds of thousands of workers were laid off. We need a new direction.

#change
#GMB
#APC

1 Like

Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by asha80(m): 12:24pm On Jan 25, 2015
shachris:

What is our major export commodity? Who owns most of the blocs? Who are our Agricultural stakeholders? Who own the major import channels in Nigeria? Who is the richest man in Nigeria?
so how does Igbo 'intergrating into Nigeria 'make them upturn the oil wells distribution to favour igbos?as for agricultural stakeholders the sw has a say however the se would never be able to compete with north on agric because if availability of land in both zones..i have told you being the richest man from a tribe does nit mean shit to the well being if that tribe if people surrounding you are poor
Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 25, 2015
asadike:
yoruba-igbo alliance would have been d best but it can't work coz it has been proven several times that yorubas are very jealous of ndi igbo and myt end up betraying them at d last minute.

They are jealous because we are overtly blessed. Give igboman an inch and he would make a mile out of it. But we could decide to dull our brightness a little. We can decide to help the yorubas grow even as we are growing. That is called partnership. The same thing England is doing with scotland. Yoruba's i believe are not Naive to the extent that they do not know that they have a brighter future with the igbos than they Hausa. The only thing is that they just do not trust us.
Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 25, 2015
asha80:
so how does Igbo 'intergrating into Nigeria 'make them upturn the oil wells distribution to favour igbos?as for agricultural stakeholders the sw has a say however the se would never be able to compete with north on agric because if availability of land in both zones..i have told you being the richest man from a tribe does nit mean shit to the well being if that tribe if people surrounding you are poor

Integrating into Nigeria means that we should form a political allegiance with other parts of Nigeria. With that would come economic partnerships and concessions. Who says an igbo man cannot be a major land owner and agric exporter in the North? We might now upturn the oil well distribution, but we can give them a run for their money by manning the development of other sectors of our economy. We can champion the trade on Palm oil and even cassava.
Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by asadike(f): 12:34pm On Jan 25, 2015
shachris:

They are jealous because we are overtly blessed. Give igboman an inch and he would make a mile out of it. But we could decide to dull our brightness a little. We can decide to help the yorubas grow even as we are growing. That is called partnership. The same thing England is doing with scotland. Yoruba's i believe are not Naive to the extent that they do not know that they have a brighter future with the igbos than they Hausa. The only thing is that they just do not trust us.
d question is if ndigbos are willing are d yorubas ready?
Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by asha80(m): 12:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
shachris:

Integrating into Nigeria means that we should form a political allegiance with other parts of Nigeria. With that would come economic partnerships and concessions. Who says an igbo man cannot be a major land owner and agric exporter in the North? We might now upturn the oil well distribution, but we can give them a run for their money by manning the development of other sectors of our economy. We can champion the trade on Palm oil and even cassava.
and who says that their are no igbos that are land owners in the north that are not into agric?why even bother much about land outside igboland?why not champion about setting up biz and agric in igboland?
Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 25, 2015
asadike:
d question is if ndigbos are willing are d yorubas ready?

We can never be sure of that, if we are asking from the fence.

MODs front page please.
Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 25, 2015
asha80:
and who says that their are no igbos that are land owners in the north that are not into agric?why even bother much about land outside igboland?why not champion about setting up biz and agric in igboland?

if we set up land and agric in igboland, would we just sell to ourselves? wouldn't you want an hausa or yoruba man to be consumers of our product? Now tell me, would that be possible if we are making enemies we them as you are doing now?
Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by asha80(m): 12:54pm On Jan 25, 2015
shachris:

if we set up land and agric in igboland, would we just sell to ourselves? wouldn't you want an hausa or yoruba man to be consumers of our product? Now tell me, would that be possible if we are making enemies we them as you are doing now?
your point here makes no sense...what difference does it make if the farm is set up in the east and sold to both igbos and non igbos who would come outside igboland to buy?if the farm is set up in igboland which people are you empowering as per workers?is it not your fellow igbos?...or you prefer setting up your farm outside igboland and in the process likely employ the natives there that are likely not igbos just to answer 'detribalized Nigerian '?..how am I making hausas and yorubas my enemies?what are you even saying?..so I if I have my farm in either north or sw it means they would patronize me because I invested in their land not mine?..would it mean if I set up that farm in their land I would no longer be Igbo that should make them not patronize me?what sort of mentality is that?factories that are producing in nnewi,aba and likes is it only Igbo people or se that are the consumers?
Re: The Road To Greatness For The IGBO Nation - Shachris by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 25, 2015
asha80:
your point here makes no sense...what difference does it make if the farm is set up in the east and sold to both igbos and non igbos who would come outside igboland to buy?if the farm is set up in igboland which people are you empowering as per workers?is it not your fellow igbos?...or you prefer setting up your farm outside igboland and in the process likely employ the natives there that are likely not igbos just to answer 'detribalized Nigerian '?..how am I making hausas and yorubas my enemies?what are you even saying?..so I if I have my farm in either north or sw it means they would patronize me because I invested in their land not mine?..would it mean if I set up that farm in their land I would no longer be Igbo that should make them not patronize me?what sort of mentality is that?factories that are producing in nnewi,aba and likes is it only Igbo people or se that are the consumers?

All what i am saying is this, let us all stop making enemies of each other. Its funny how Igbos say that they do not trust northerners, yet they depend on them for the daily food that they eat. We are all one and we need each other to grow.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rejoinder To Vigilate Group Of Nigeria Publication Published On Tues June2,2015 / Popular Nigerian Lawmaker Sleeping With Three Blood Sisters / Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.