Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:52 PM

Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) (108214 Views)

An Atheist Encountered Powers In Dunamis; There Is God Ooooo / Woman Delivers Baby At Dunamis International Gospel Church In Abuja / Dunamis Pastor’s Wife Bans Members From Hugging, Pecking In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by shedyman: 1:07pm On Jan 25, 2015
As is customary of me, I attended Dunamis Int'l, Abuja today, the 25th day of January 2015.

I parked my car at the garage created for that purpose. One of the ushers in grey suit menacingly approached me and sternly warned me not to park there. Cars were parked beside me without any warning issued to the other drivers.

I had to look around so as to be sure I was not missing anything, after doing this, I told the usher from the pit of hell that the spaces between my car and surrounding vehicles was wide enough for entry and exit (true to my word, the cars that were in the garage when I parked had moved out and other cars had parked in their stead).

At the close of service, I was shocked to discover my tyres had been maliciously deflated. Instinctively, I had to look around for the usher from hell who took offence that I had the audacity to challenge the reasonableness of his instructions, I was not surprised to find he was no where to be found.

Consequently, I approached one of the ushers on ground to make a harmless complaint, I was dumbfounded when he threatened he was going to beat me up if I don't take my car in the state of its deflated tyres out of the garage. I dared him, but sensing I was a little enlightened he exercised restraint.

These two attitudes I experienced today got me wondering what the church of today is turning into. Are these really the signs of end time? If workers in church put up these attitudes (albeit unjustly), can it be said that the preaching that comes up from the pulpit is in anyway purging society of evil, looting, corruption, prostitution and malice?

Whilst I respect the grace and will continue to respect the grace and anointing of the Senior pastor of the church, Dr. Paul Eneche, I wonder what a christian whose faith is still shaky will do in my circumstance.

This post is actually a clarion call for pastors to be wary of the character that surrounds them, because these workers are the image the public has of the church.

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by ArchEnemy(m): 1:10pm On Jan 25, 2015
Wonders shall never end

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by ArchEnemy(m): 1:10pm On Jan 25, 2015
Wonders shall never end

2 Likes

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 25, 2015
hmm may God help us
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by herald9: 1:14pm On Jan 25, 2015
I'm amazed at such a behavior in a church of all places...

And bros I wonder Which grace and annointing you were able to receive when it's not even sufficient for the members(the workers) undecided

That's so pathetic... I could've tendered it to the pastor to see the kind of animals he's breeding...

But you too...you stubborn o...do you know whether that particular garage was for VIPs and their hypertech cars?cheesy
undecided

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by megaik: 1:15pm On Jan 25, 2015
Bros, obedience is better than sacrifice.
You disobeyed the authority of the church n thats the most important point which attracted punishment applicable.

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Blanc8(m): 1:15pm On Jan 25, 2015
If it was a G_wagon I swear that usher wouldn't have done that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by lokito: 1:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
That Usher didn't behave well, he shouldn't have only deflated the tyres, he should have also towed your motor to the nearest police station so that next time you wont be disobedient

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Maamin(m): 1:19pm On Jan 25, 2015
awww! not Dunamis...while i wont judge. the fact remains that we cant loose faith in God because of the way our fellow humans behave to us.

remain bless!

19 Likes

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by jamex93(m): 1:20pm On Jan 25, 2015
sorry, take hrt,

but hope u hv removed ur car b4 dey remove ur wheel screen (wind shield) ??

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by shedyman: 1:23pm On Jan 25, 2015
megaik:
You disobeyed the authority of the church n thats the most important point which attracted punishment applicable.

No man can be an authority unto himself. If I get you right, it might just be Ok for me to obey an instruction if to roll on the floor because the instruction arose from an authority?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by ruffp: 1:27pm On Jan 25, 2015
What rubbish! Ensure u give him a good piece of ur mind.....possibly one or two slaps while u r @it! Then make sure they fix it at their cost!

4 Likes

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by ArchEnemy(m): 1:27pm On Jan 25, 2015
megaik:
Sir, is that why someone's tyre should be deflated?

41 Likes

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 25, 2015
BUT WHEN DID KEKE NAPEP BECOME A CAR?

HE WAS SUPPOSED TO PARK WHERE KEKE NAPEP'S PARK AND NOT TO DO OTHERWISE.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by thorpido(m): 1:46pm On Jan 25, 2015
You were asked not to park there and you disobeyed and obviously incurred the wrath of the ushers.

However,the behaviour of the ushers was a display of high handedness.
But Op,if i may ask,do you think more disobedient church worshippers can breed less courteous church staff?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by audiigee(m): 1:55pm On Jan 25, 2015
Please report the case to the appropriate quarters. Am very sure the church will not condole such ineptitude on the part of the usher

5 Likes

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 25, 2015
I just had to say this

I ain't arguing wether what was done was right or not, A man with an experience is not at the mercy of a man with an argument.

But my question is do you have to put it online, is it necessary?

For God sake you titled the topic Evil.!
You didn't end service to share the summary of the sermon you heard today and how wonderful it was, you ended the service just to come some minutes later to post about wrong doings, The world out there is not waiting for a new definition of christainity, its waiting for the demonstration,
When will you go beyond the place when someone can offend you?. Have you thought about that?
Because its just sad that christains of today try to prove spirituality by the things they dont do rather than the things they do ( or we rather).

Leaving all that aside . Believe me a spiritual man walks in heaviness an hour after the service as he was during the service.

please dont quote me. I am not a dunamis member.

Just saying. Pls forgive the usher and ask for mercy from God.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by shedyman: 1:56pm On Jan 25, 2015
thorpido:
You were asked not to park there and you disobeyed and obviously incurred the wrath of the ushers.

However,the behaviour of the ushers was a display of high handedness.
But Op,if i may ask,do you think more disobedient church worshippers can breed less courteous church staff?

Let me get u correctly, he did excellently well right? An average Nigerian police man will equally do the same given the same circumstance. The church should be an agent of social engineering and not otherwise.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by shedyman: 1:57pm On Jan 25, 2015
audiigee:
Please report the case to the appropriate quarters. Am very sure the church will not condole such ineptitude on the part of the usher

Thanks for the advise.

1 Like

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by shedyman: 1:58pm On Jan 25, 2015
ruffp:
What rubbish! Ensure u give him a good piece of ur mind.....possibly one or two slaps while u r @it! Then make sure they fix it at their cost!

Thanks. Being in a church environment I needed to be civil.
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by chidekings(m): 2:02pm On Jan 25, 2015
megaik:

cant u reason without being biased.the usher was wrong,very wrong.

For me if he has the guts to deflate those tyres,then she should be ready for the beating,he will receive for that idiotic action of him.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by lilmax(m): 2:07pm On Jan 25, 2015
Dont park there....you disobeyed,why give yourself unneccessary stress?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by bennyrazz: 2:23pm On Jan 25, 2015
issue that you can easily solve by reporting the matter to the church authority, you decided to come here to post on NL? @op, how old are you again?

10 Likes

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by okirewaju(f): 2:28pm On Jan 25, 2015
masterpower:
BUT WHEN DID KEKE NAPEP BECOME A CAR?

HE WAS SUPPOSED TO PARK WHERE KEKE NAPEP'S PARK AND NOT TO DO OTHERWISE.
cheesy cheesy

Bad mouth

Op you should have reported him to a higher authority. If he had given you a good reason why you should not park there-fine and good but since he did not then he was wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 25, 2015
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by uboma(m): 2:50pm On Jan 25, 2015
megaik:

Are YOU without sin? Has GOD paid YOU back in every sin YOU have committed since YOU were born?

How can YOU say the de-flating a fellow worshiper's car was applicable because he insisted on parking there?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 25, 2015
megaik:

Like seriously? shocked are u for real? Smh

6 Likes

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by uboma(m): 2:58pm On Jan 25, 2015
shedyman:
As is customary of me, I attended Dunamis Int'l, Abuja today, the 25th day of January 2015.

I parked my car at the garage created for that purpose. One of the ushers in grey suit menacingly approached me and sternly warned me not to park there. Cars were parked beside me without any warning issued to the other drivers.

I had to look around so as to be sure I was not missing anything, after doing this, I told the usher from the pit of hell that the spaces between my car and surrounding vehicles was wide enough for entry and exit (true to my word, the cars that were in the garage when I parked had moved out and other cars had parked in their stead).

At the close of service, I was shocked to discover my tyres had been maliciously deflated. Instinctively, I had to look around for the usher from hell who took offence that I had the audacity to challenge the reasonableness of his instructions, I was not surprised to find he was no where to be found.

Consequently, I approached one of the ushers on ground to make a harmless complaint, I was dumbfounded when he threatened he was going to beat me up if I don't take my car in the state of its deflated tyres out of the garage. I dared him, but sensing I was a little enlightened he exercised restraint.

These two attitudes I experienced today got me wondering what the church of today is turning into. Are these really the signs of end time? If workers in church put up these attitudes (albeit unjustly), can it be said that the preaching that comes up from the pulpit is in anyway purging society of evil, looting, corruption, prostitution and malice?

Whilst I respect the grace and will continue to respect the grace and anointing of the Senior pastor of the church, Dr. Paul Eneche, I wonder what a christian whose faith is still shaky will do in my circumstance.

This post is actually a clarion call for pastors to be wary of the character that surrounds them, because these workers are the image the public has of the church.

You should've have followed the instruction of the Usher not to park at that spot and politely request to be shown where to park. But the Ushers went too far. And for one of them to have threatened to beat you up speaks volumes of how Christianity has lost its place in our society.

What happened to quality of humility preached throughout the Bible? How about the principle exemplified by our role model, Jesus Christ, where he taught his Apostles to be ready to serve others and not lord it over them?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Abbey2sam(m): 3:04pm On Jan 25, 2015
M
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by deedrizzie: 3:04pm On Jan 25, 2015
Wait.. . I dey come
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by datguru: 3:04pm On Jan 25, 2015
Radical For Jesus grin

2 Likes

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Maczeelly(m): 3:05pm On Jan 25, 2015
Huh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome 'Exposes' Coronavirus And 5G Network (Video) / "TBJ is a man of God "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.