Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,109 members, 7,807,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) (108490 Views)

An Atheist Encountered Powers In Dunamis; There Is God Ooooo / Woman Delivers Baby At Dunamis International Gospel Church In Abuja / Dunamis Pastor’s Wife Bans Members From Hugging, Pecking In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
Most ushers behave like touts & i say this 4rm xperience!
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by LaRoyalHighness(f): 5:33pm On Jan 25, 2015
Hmm! The things I see in church makes my heart bleed. To go church dey tire me...

That's how it was raining one Sunday and my church (Dominion city Nta road ph) has too gates.... With one umbrella and my two children, the usher refused to allow me use the gate closest to me(which I saw someone pass few minutes before i arrived.)

Guess what? He said it is Pastor's gate.

I feel your pain... I sympathize with you... That's all I can do.

1 Like

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by 2rez: 5:34pm On Jan 25, 2015
megaik:
Bros, obedience is better than sacrifice.
You disobeyed the authority of the church n thats the most important point which attracted punishment applicable.
Diz mofo b soundin' irrational. Guezz u z tha dement.ed usher huh :-/ undecided
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by kennethchidi(m): 5:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
valmunich:
Who else thought it was Usher Raymond at first
I sir! grin
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Vikipan(m): 5:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
My brother, sorry for that experience. The truth is that church members frustrate d effort of church workers. Am a member of d Protocol dept. in same Church. we re equally in charge of d parks n cars parked. There is always that loud announcement in church that members should obey d traffic controllers. Amongst us re senior police officers, military personnels, FRSC etc. ur disobedience caused u that. Coming to a social media to castigate or seemingly discredit d Church of God n d "pastor u respect" is very Unchristian. its possible where u parked is an "entry". he may ve repeated encountered such provoking disobedience. so don't blame him much. Thanks. hope to see u next Sunday in church. Victor
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
jamex93:
sorry, take hrt,

but hope u hv removed ur car b4 dey remove ur wheel screen??

Pardon me but what is wheel screen?
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by simdam500(m): 5:37pm On Jan 25, 2015
shedyman: As is customary of me, I attended Dunamis Int'l, Abuja today, the 25th day of January 2015.

I parked my car at the garage created for that purpose. One of the ushers in grey suit menacingly approached me and sternly warned me not to park there. Cars were parked beside me without any warning issued to the other drivers.

I had to look around so as to be sure I was not missing anything, after doing this, I told the usher from the pit of hell that the spaces between my car and surrounding vehicles was wide enough for entry and exit (true to my word, the cars that were in the garage when I parked had moved out and other cars had parked in their stead).

At the close of service, I was shocked to discover my tyres had been maliciously deflated. Instinctively, I had to look around for the usher from hell who took offence that I had the audacity to challenge the reasonableness of his instructions, I was not surprised to find he was no where to be found.

Consequently, I approached one of the ushers on ground to make a harmless complaint, I was dumbfounded when he threatened he was going to beat me up if I don't take my car in the state of its deflated tyres out of the garage. I dared him, but sensing I was a little enlightened he exercised restraint.

These two attitudes I experienced today got me wondering what the church of today is turning into. Are these really the signs of end time? If workers in church put up these attitudes (albeit unjustly), can it be said that the preaching that comes up from the pulpit is in anyway purging society of evil, looting, corruption, prostitution and malice?

Whilst I respect the grace and will continue to respect the grace and anointing of the Senior pastor of the church, Dr. Paul Eneche, I wonder what a christian whose faith is still shaky will do in my circumstance.

This post is actually a clarion call for pastors to be wary of the character that surrounds them, because these workers are the image the public has of the church.

You disobeyed him.... which is unfair....

But the unfairness if all is......

He deflated your car! If u had the chances I would have loved the story to end like... " you later met with the pastor, and he said what his church usher did was perfectly ok... "

But then... u both had wrongs
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by jamex93(m): 5:40pm On Jan 25, 2015
SMahmoud:

Pardon me but what is wheel screen?

Google..
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Reference(m): 5:50pm On Jan 25, 2015
If you were in the US or Indonesia you will simply obey without 'looking around for those who don't as justification' - a Nigerian habit 'from hell'.

Do you know whether he wanted to create a thoroughfare where you parked. Do you know if there were issues before your arrival. My christian brother, righteousness exalts a nation, obey authorities as God's representatives but you cannot, Nigerians cannot so they look for hard men, strong men to lead them by a hook to the nose.

If the man was a gentle politician corrupt parking will thrive. You needed a hard, incorruptible man to make you understand respect for authority. Abeg carry your disobedience back home. Na the vulcanizer wey you dey worry for Sunday na im I pity.

1 Like

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:51pm On Jan 25, 2015
lokito:
That Usher didn't behave well, he shouldn't have only deflated the tyres, he should have also towed your motor to the nearest police station so that next time you wont be disobedient

Clown grin

1 Like

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Glocal1: 6:06pm On Jan 25, 2015
@OP, how many of ur tyres got deflated? Anyways, u've just learned a simple lesson to always obey constituted authorities. It might be d church's rule to deflate tyres of members that refuse to follow parking instructions. However, d church shouldn't av gone to d extent of deflating ur tyres if truly dey were d ones dat did so.

1 Like

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 25, 2015
mrkings84:
Pls leave Christianity out of this. When a stubborn man goes to church God allocates him with a stubborn usher to checkmate him. somebody shout hallelujah!!!

Lmao! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by bejeria101(m): 6:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
Elebiju:
IBANDAN

Choi see my own blunder lol
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Beesluv: 6:43pm On Jan 25, 2015
megaik:
Bros, obedience is better than sacrifice.
You disobeyed the authority of the church n thats the most important point which attracted punishment applicable.
The church should have written something there so as to avoid this type of situation.
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by doroboss(m): 6:44pm On Jan 25, 2015
sophtaf:

Nairaland
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 25, 2015
jamex93:

Google..

Like seriously? SMH
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by chyket(m): 6:52pm On Jan 25, 2015
Abuuja is a peculiar case because of the insecurity challenges and most Churches do not play with their security measures and often vehicles are not allowed close to the churches.I do not know if the poster contravened the security measures and I guess naralanders from the relatively SAFER part of Nigeria may find this incident very strange but people in the northern part of Nigeria wont
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by creepsyme(f): 6:58pm On Jan 25, 2015
Sincerely I dont knw who to blame here, weda you who disobeyed the usher or the usher who deflated ur tire, I wonda who gave the usher that kind of instruction to deflate erring members tire( of course not pst Paul Enenche), I wil advice next time u go to a church try and obey ushers instructions in oda to maintain peace, some ppl are appointed by devil in the name of church worker to rob u of ur blesssings.
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by jamex93(m): 7:22pm On Jan 25, 2015
SMahmoud:

Like seriously? SMH

yeah like seriously.....
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Maximus85(m): 7:29pm On Jan 25, 2015
It's obvious that your faith is not shaky with all the curse words you used in this post. There is no love in the churches all they know is tithe and offering. These ushers aren't trained, they are to serve others with love not disdain. Look for a better church where there is love. Where there is no love, God is not there cos as we know, God is love.
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by adealuminum(m): 7:29pm On Jan 25, 2015
You are to actually obey the instructions of ushers in the church even if their instructions might not be convinient.
shedyman:
As is customary of me, I attended Dunamis Int'l, Abuja today, the 25th day of January 2015.

I parked my car at the garage created for that purpose. One of the ushers in grey suit menacingly approached me and sternly warned me not to park there. Cars were parked beside me without any warning issued to the other drivers.

I had to look around so as to be sure I was not missing anything, after doing this, I told the usher from the pit of hell that the spaces between my car and surrounding vehicles was wide enough for entry and exit (true to my word, the cars that were in the garage when I parked had moved out and other cars had parked in their stead).

At the close of service, I was shocked to discover my tyres had been maliciously deflated. Instinctively, I had to look around for the usher from hell who took offence that I had the audacity to challenge the reasonableness of his instructions, I was not surprised to find he was no where to be found.

Consequently, I approached one of the ushers on ground to make a harmless complaint, I was dumbfounded when he threatened he was going to beat me up if I don't take my car in the state of its deflated tyres out of the garage. I dared him, but sensing I was a little enlightened he exercised restraint.

These two attitudes I experienced today got me wondering what the church of today is turning into. Are these really the signs of end time? If workers in church put up these attitudes (albeit unjustly), can it be said that the preaching that comes up from the pulpit is in anyway purging society of evil, looting, corruption, prostitution and malice?

Whilst I respect the grace and will continue to respect the grace and anointing of the Senior pastor of the church, Dr. Paul Eneche, I wonder what a christian whose faith is still shaky will do in my circumstance.

This post is actually a clarion call for pastors to be wary of the character that surrounds them, because these workers are the image the public has of the church.

1 Like

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by udmydearest(f): 7:35pm On Jan 25, 2015
How on earth r u sure dat dis usher deflated ur tyre?? Wat if d tyre was already bad? Cos dis car of urs luks 2me lik a biscuit carton. #nohardfeelingz#

1 Like

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 25, 2015
Did Jesus do vip? Let's not deceive ourselves. Well I blame the man for looking for God in the wrong place. Dunamis my ass. All these churches where live don't mean a thing. Rubbish people.
herald9:
I'm amazed at such a behavior in a church of all places...

And bros I wonder Which grace and annointing you were able to receive when it's not even sufficient for the members(the workers) undecided

That's so pathetic... I could've tendered it to the pastor to see the kind of animals he's breeding...

But you too...you stubborn o...do you know whether that particular garage was for VIPs and their hypertech cars?cheesy
undecided
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by sophtaf(f): 7:50pm On Jan 25, 2015
doroboss:

Nairaland
grin
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by demmy0325(m): 7:52pm On Jan 25, 2015
masterpower:
BUT WHEN DID KEKE NAPEP BECOME A CAR?

HE WAS SUPPOSED TO PARK WHERE KEKE NAPEP'S PARK AND NOT TO DO OTHERWISE.
.. In m.i's voice... "bad belle"... Show us Ur own car..
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by loomer: 7:53pm On Jan 25, 2015
OGA, NO PARK CAR THERE, YOU NO HEAR NOW YOU DE COMPLAIN.
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by doroboss(m): 7:57pm On Jan 25, 2015

1 Like

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by eghosarita: 8:00pm On Jan 25, 2015
shedyman:
As is customary of me, I attended Dunamis Int'l, Abuja today, the 25th day of January 2015.

Mr shedyman now you open your mouth to complain that the ushers are this and that without examining yourself. them being ushers does not make them more of a Christian than you or make u less of a Christian than you. as a Christian when told to move ur car the right thing u should have done is obey and not to want to think for them, then after disobeying orders you now come to nairaland to run ur mouth. please respect ur self and do a self examination of self instead of judging and giving room for your own judgement. I pray God touches your heart to understand my point in Jesus name, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by eghosarita: 8:02pm On Jan 25, 2015
grin cheesy
datalossvictim1:

Lmao! grin grin grin
cheesy
datalossvictim1:

Lmao! grin grin grin
Hallelujah!
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Jadeng: 8:11pm On Jan 25, 2015
@OP, You and I know that most of the bomb attacks in churches in recent times were done with vehicles.
You should be thanking God that, you not arrested or your car towed away.
Am sure if it was a solider man who told you not park there, you will never attempt it!
Bros, our God is a God of law and orderliness.
Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by ceononi: 8:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
shedyman:

'My people perish for lack of wisdom'...So you think because you are in the church you can defile orders If for example that order was given to you at the Presidential Villa (Aso Rock) would you have defiled the order still? of course not. What you should have simply do was to politely ask the reason why and then obey. As Christians, we are to obey set rules and orders regardless of where or from whom its being given.

1 Like

Re: Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) by Jadeng: 8:28pm On Jan 25, 2015
ifeness:
Even Jesus himself is said to come back for the battle of Armageddon. Those ushers and fake imposters-called pastors are gonna ride with him to kill non-believers(Christianity Jihad). Learn your lesson and stop going to church buildings. Your family are your church.

I do not agree this has anything to do with the church in particular..... It's about the posters "shady" character of not obeying a simple instruction.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome 'Exposes' Coronavirus And 5G Network (Video) / The Middle Path / "TBJ is a man of God "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.