Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Third Party In A Marriage, Would You Intercede When Called Upon? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Third Party In A Marriage, Would You Intercede When Called Upon? (6977 Views)

Ladies, If He Loves You But Doesn't Want Marriage, Would You Stay Anyway? / The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. / L Live In A Sexless And Loveless Marriage...would Divorce Be The Best Option (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Party In A Marriage, Would You Intercede When Called Upon? by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 08, 2015
LewsTherin:

I think there is more to this story than you are telling. This event is obviously the climax of something deeper. Your MIL isn't practising non-inon-interference. She is either in support of her son or is trying to avoid her daughter-in-law's drama. A CAT scan? Common!

yes, a CAT scan, i complained of dizziness hours after the head trauma so based on my history, the hospital wanted to make sure i didn't have a brain contusion or something. plus i'm in the medical field, medics usually tread cautiously when treating other medics. you don't wanna miss something and get sued. as for daughter-in-law's drama, if only you knew how drama free i am. i totally dread altercations. i really didn't see that incident coming
Re: Third Party In A Marriage, Would You Intercede When Called Upon? by Ndipe(m): 4:44am On Apr 28, 2016
Re: Third Party In A Marriage, Would You Intercede When Called Upon? by Ndipe(m): 3:15am On May 17, 2018
Read this:

Lagos politician batters phone repairer for meddling in fight with wife

Samson Folarin

A phone repairer, Rasheed Sunkanmi, is in trouble after meddling in a scuffle between a Lagos politician and his wife on Jimoh Akinsanya Street, Arepo, Ogun State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Sunkanmi was going home on a motorcycle when he saw a crowd on the street trying to stop the politician, identified as Odukunle Kuti, from beating up his wife ...

https://odili.net/news/source/2018/may/16/841.html
Re: Third Party In A Marriage, Would You Intercede When Called Upon? by tabithababy(f): 5:00am On May 17, 2018
Well I think if you're called upon in certain cases, you should. Especially when you've considered the personalities of both parties. I'll give an example: I needed to travel for one day to write a professional exam, but my husband refused to let me take our two little kids (under 2 years of age) to my parent's house for my mum to take care of them. He said he would care for them himself. (Note that his mother was out of town if not i would have taken them to her). I wanted to make my mother-in-law aware if the situation so that I won't be accused of abandoning my kids for my career. I tried to call my mother-in-law, she wasn't picking, I sent her a text explaining the situation and then proceeded to call her again. I was shocked to see that she was talking to my husband about the issue on the same line that I had just tried calling. My mother in law totally refused to take my calls because she was of the opinion that couples should keep everything between themselves. My husband went ahead to take away my copy of the house keys, he locked the doors and said whenever I was ready to go, he will let me out, in order to ensure that I don't come back later to take his kids to my parents' house. I had already assured him that I wasn't going to take them away and I was opposed to leaving without a key since it will be very inconveniencing for me to go on such an exhausting journey, return and not have immediate access to the house. My husband's whereabouts is usually very difficult to discern on account of the nature of his job). Again, i tried to get my mother-in-law to intervene because I was running late but she still refused to take my calls. I proceeded to take my husband's wallet which he left in one of the rooms. My intention was to use it as an exchange item so I can get the keys from him. Unfortunately, this got him very mad and in a bid to get the wallet back from me, he pushed me and I hit the back of my head on a glass table resulting in a head injury as revealed by a CT scan. In all of this, my mother-in-law still refused to take my calls even though she could hear me shouting and crying through the phone. (recall my husband was intermittently on the phone with her while the fracas was going on). Since that day, I haven't called her again, and she hasn't called me either. Even when my parents informed her about my head injury by text (since she wasn't taking their calls), she still failed to even give me call to find out how badly hurt I was. This is someone I have loved and respected as a mother all this time, we have never ever had even one disagreement. So the point of this long narrative is, sometimes it's okay to intervene if invited. By refusing to get involved, she has effectively destroyed our relationship forever. I cannot honestly say that she cares whether I live or die as long as we obey the golden rule of keeping everything between ourselves as a couple.

Why won't he allow you to take the children to your parent house

Hope he allows your parent to visit ??

1 Like

Re: Third Party In A Marriage, Would You Intercede When Called Upon? by ADUKKY(f): 9:52am On May 17, 2018
I have a friend who talks to me anytime she has issues with her hubby. Sometimes she just wants to pour her heart out but i try to be as objective as possible when advising her irrespective of whether she is my friend. Likewise, i also have people i run to when i feel overwhelmed.
Through it all, i have learnt to sieve words and make use of the best.
Re: Third Party In A Marriage, Would You Intercede When Called Upon? by sisisioge: 6:10pm On May 17, 2018
Hmmm...it is tricky.

I honestly don't like interfering though I would intercede as a necessity. I don't like hearing the he did this, she did that...I hate to see finish, I distaste the look in their closet thing. I find it a burden if they keep calling me to settle or hear what happened. Thankfully, my married friends know not to burden me with these talks. There's this respect I accord their spouses, I hate to lose it by seeing it finish please. It isn't for them, it is for me own good because I won't be able to look them in the eyes again after the whole fracas. After each of the duo moves on and forgives each other, I just won't forget the uglies. Spare me biko! Don't burden me!

If you want to offload without the TMI though, I'm all ears. Listening is one of the things I do nicely grin
Re: Third Party In A Marriage, Would You Intercede When Called Upon? by sisisioge: 6:11pm On May 17, 2018
tabithababy:

Why won't he allow you to take the children to your parent house

Hope he allows your parent to visit ??

I think her MIL is a witch! She casted the first die...na to just blank her remain angry
Re: Third Party In A Marriage, Would You Intercede When Called Upon? by Nobody: 11:49am On May 24, 2018
ADUKKY:
I have a friend who talks to me anytime she has issues with her hubby. Sometimes she just wants to pour her heart out but i try to be as objective as possible when advising her irrespective of whether she is my friend. Likewise, i also have people i run to when i feel overwhelmed.
Through it all, i have learnt to sieve words and make use of the best.

Happy birthday. Long life and prosperity fall on you
Re: Third Party In A Marriage, Would You Intercede When Called Upon? by ADUKKY(f): 12:02pm On May 24, 2018
GoTV:

Happy birthday. Long life and prosperity fall on you
Thanks a lot. You must be someone who probably knows me offline
Re: Third Party In A Marriage, Would You Intercede When Called Upon? by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 24, 2018
ADUKKY:

Thanks a lot. You must be someone who probably knows me offline

No i don't know you offline. Saw your birthday on your profile
Re: Third Party In A Marriage, Would You Intercede When Called Upon? by ADUKKY(f): 1:36pm On May 24, 2018
GoTV:

No i don't know you offline. Saw your birthday on your profile
That's thoughtful of you, thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

100 Practical Ways To Make Your Husband Happy And Think Of You Always. / Please Help This Is Happening To Me After Unprotected Sex Some Hours Ago / Which Ethnic Group Produce The Best Husbands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.