Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,911 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You (41728 Views)

Woman Who Won't Marry You Because You Earn Less Than N200k Is No Wife Material / This Is What Happens When You Force A Man To Marry You. Pics / 10 Signs To Know If Your Boy Friend Wishes To Marry You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You by gladokpe(f): 5:19pm On Jan 26, 2015
i love this, but its not always true though
Re: How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You by GoodFaith: 5:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
Truckpusher:
That our mothers were perceived to be perfect doesn't necessarily mean that they were perfect.

Most them died in silence and a whole lot of other reasons.You can also ask some of our fathers if only they can open up and tell you their own side of the stories you'll find out that our mothers were not saints like we use to see them.

But I still maintain that when two people that are truly in love and decides to come together genuinely and not for some kind of convenience,there is always a bond that exists between them and these whole issue about integrity and insecurity will disappear because they are always passionate about each other.

Then how would people that got married or started dating with the whole foundation based on lies and deceit be trustful to each other? and it seems that these days everybody both the men and the ladies often fall for the lies and not the ugly bitter truth.

At the end of the day I still maintain that marriage is all about tolerance and your ability to take life easy - When I am ready I will take one and tolerate her......I don't want to die young while running from pillar to post over another human being grin

Smart comments
Love it

2 Likes

Re: How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You by GoodFaith: 5:32pm On Jan 26, 2015
Sparksfly:

Auto-correct is dragging my key board with me.
Wish I could give you a taste of my cake a lot sooner.

Argg! Anyway stop hyping yourself.

Honestly if naija women could have it their way, you guys did be hooking each other.

You hardly respect women.

It's vivid everywhere. You treat woman like trash.

Over years, I've come to a conclusion that ditching with a Nigerian Man will only make me miserable for life. I've seen hundreds of cases. Two in my very family.

It still remains that any with the prefix naija is my very third option. grin

"It's vivid everywhere. You treat woman like trash. "-- Because you're a trash and you talking trash
"Over years, I've come to a conclusion that ditching with a Nigerian Man will only make me miserable for life"-- You're miserable with out a Nigerian man
Re: How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You by AdeniyiA(m): 6:09pm On Jan 26, 2015
men and women ...hmmm, deceiving themselves from the days of Adam nd Eve undecided
Re: How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 26, 2015
GoodFaith:

"It's vivid everywhere. You treat woman like trash. "-- Because you're a trash and you talking trash
"Over years, I've come to a conclusion that ditching with a Nigerian Man will only make me miserable for life"-- You're miserable with out a Nigerian man

Thanks for the analysis!
Now can you please let me be?
undecided
Re: How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You by GoodFaith: 6:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
Sparksfly:

Thanks for the analysis!
Now can you please let me be?
undecided
You failed to respond to the comment below:
Sorry
You're not an option
Just a good Bleep
or dump ground for sperm
Re: How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
GoodFaith:

You failed to respond to the comment below:
Sorry
You're not an option
Just a good Bleep
or dump ground for sperm

Stop spamming my mentions! Thanks!
Re: How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
A lot of folks here cannot see the article for what it truly is. The biting sarcasm dripping from the article is just too obvious. By and large, the article is just a vituperation by a psychoneurotic embittered "feminist", orchestrated at INSULTING Nigerians (and by extension, most africans). She ridicules our societal values, the nigerian woman, the idea of the nuclear family, the intelligence and choice of most Nigerians.
She's not really advising girls to carry out those steps so as to secure a husband. Hell No! If u thought that, then u're mistaken. She's only taking a swipe at nigerian men and the system at large vis a vis; we are archaic chauvinist simpletons with low outdated ideals about marriage and women. So therefore, our preference of a wife material is sth archaic, laughable or deception-based.

The moment I read the topic "How to get a Nigerian man to marry you", I suspected that whoever wrote the article is either not a Nigerian or is one of those diaspora Nigerians with absurd knowledge of the real Nigeria.

I clicked on the links so I could trace the writer and guess what!

Writer: Leggy (female)

Exactly what I suspected.

zizman:
Getting a Nigerian man to marry you is the easiest thing in the world. This is your chance to stop being single and get a-mingling. These easy steps will get you married, bedded, bare foot and pregnant in less than a year, guaranteed or your money back."

What nonsense! And to think this was posted on a US blog! No wonder the negative stereotypes about us. Getting a Nigerian man to marry u is d easiest thing in d world? So Nigerian men are so dumb that they can't see through lies, pretense and deception?
Her use of the terms "married, bedded, barefoot and pregnant" shows her obvious contempt for the nuclear structure of the family. "Married, bedded, barefoot and pregnant" is used in a derogatory way as if its demeaning for a woman to actually get married and pregnant.
Who would want to use such terms to describe their spouse or mother or sister?

Chai! Nigerians don really suffer. So this e-diot thinks that getting married in naija is as easy as configuring ur phone for browsing? Just follow a few easy steps and bam!, u become "married, bedded, barefoot and pregnant."

zizman:
Be very religious. Nigerian men loveeeee them some religious girls. you don’t actually have to be, you just have to pretend that you are. talk about the night vigils you go to every now and then. slip in some Bible passages in random conversations even when they don’t fit in. Give him a Bible for his birthday. call him randomly for “morning prayers”. A nigerian man will marry a woman who appears to be religious. fake it till you get that ring baby girl.

So once u pretend to be religious, a nigerian man will fall for u. What about that thing called discernment? I guess we don't have it. So preach a verse or two and that's it. Being religious doesn't guarantee moral uprightness and we all know this; but I guess Nigerian men are "too dumb to know". Doesn't matter that we might be totally incompatible. Or that we might be practicing different religions entirely. Or that d man isn't even the religious type at all. Is it all nigerians that give a rat's a*ss about religion?

To me, d underlying message here is that nigerians are so gullible and easily brainwashed about anything pertaining to religion. So a lil display of it will make d head of a Nigeria man swoon and before u know it, "married, bedded, barefoot and pregnant".

zizman:
Pretend to be maternal. Pretend that you love children so much. especially other people’s children. Coo at them at grocery stores, malls, lounges, planes. talk about how much you love
children. carry his friends’ kids all day long.
offer to help feed them. It doesn’t matter that you don’t love other people’s kids and think that children can be such dicks from a very early age, it should not matter. Pretend girl. You’re auditioning to be his baby popper, act like one.

Pretend to be maternal? Gosh this is so dumb. Where did this e-diot get d idea that Nigerian men are enchanted by women who display true/forced affection to kids? Why does anyone even have to pretend about liking kids? Are kids some kinda horrible-looking animals or what? Coo at them? They are people for crying out loud, not pets. No one says raising up a child is as easy as A,B,C but saying that children could be such "dicks" at an early age is quite uncalled for.

Its not really about kids. The underlying message here is a very dominant "feminist" rant u hear and read on the media, movies, books, internet etc. They rant on and on about how they want to be independent career-minded "liberated" women who don't want to be "popping" out babies for any man. Another message is that nigerian men want to get married and start populating d earth like rabbits; hence they will fall for girls with "maternal prospects".

This is just dumb. Are we still living in d medieval age?

zizman:
You’re auditioning to be his baby popper, act like one.
Referring to a woman as a "baby popper"? I find this extremely offensive. It is an insult to women and children. A child is a person and not sth u just "pop". Jeeeez! A mother is NOT a "popper" of children. Does this e-diot understand that overwhelming joy a mother feels just by looking at her new born? Would this e-diot be happy if someone refers to her mum as a "baby popper"? If a woman chooses to give birth and raise kids, that's perfectly beautiful. That is her choice and u dare not refer to her as a "baby popper." What nonsense!

I'm sure that this e-diot is the type who will be lonely, extremely frustrated and single at 50 and live in a big house with 40 cats

zizman:
Don’t ever mention that you’re a “feminist”.
femi-gini? that poo don’t live here miss. Bleep women rights. accept all traditional roles even when you’re dating. when you are dating him, make sure his food is ready as soon as he walks through that door Dam. it doesn’t matter that you’re in school or you are also working like him, poo like that don’t matter. you have to show your man that you can put your back into it and be that super woman who will clean, cook, pop your back in bed and still pop out those kids.

So if a woman says she's a feminist, nigerian men would run away? Mtcheew. It is not about branding urself a "feminist". If a feminist is one (whether man or woman) who advocates equal rights for men and women, then this e-diot is nothing of such. Rather she's a bitter misandrist who needs to see a shrink ASAP. And who says nigerian men are opposed to women rights? E-diot we are not heartless chauvinists who oppress women at every turn.

Aha! She subtly equates d traditional roles of d african society to d violation of women's rights. Clever sleight of hand right there but it can't go unnoticed by a critical mind.
I don't know where she gets d idea that dating a nigerian man would mean all every chore will be transferred to d woman. Growing up in a typical nigerian family, there are "male" chores and "female" chores, though there's not always a fine line btw d two. I don't think there's any chore a woman can do that I can't do. Some women are so lazy and can't even take lift their hand to do any household chore, all in d name of "women liberation". Nonsense! Like someone even noted, not all guys want u to be cooking for them, neither is it d mentality of nigerian men that their wife-to-be should be a work-horse. If a man does not want to marry u, he won't. If u like use ur tongue to lick his house clean. Again, d e-diot concluded that paragragh with "cook, clean, pop ur back and still pop out those kids".
Ah ah! Kids are NOT sth u just pop. Mtcheeew! Such imbecility! So I find it dumb and insulting that nigerian men would marry u simply because they need a domestic workhorse and "child popper". Nigerian men want real women as wives, not programmable obedient asexual workhorses. This is 2015. Stop portraying us as chauvinists who see marriage as a master-slave affair. That's wrong.

zizman:
You gats deny all them man them. Have you
ever had sex? made out with someone?
ummm…you don’t have to tell your nigerian
man that. when you’re asked your body count is 1 or 2, never more than 3 though cos you’re already side stepping into whoredom.

This is Africa and we don't appreciate promiscuity in women. That doesn't mean we want nuns as wives or rigid boring sexually inactive women. How many nigerian men these days are hell-bent on marrying virgins? Who gave this dimwit d idea that nigerian men would marry u cos u aint sexually experienced?
Well, its not even about d number of sexual partners. What this e-diot wants to say is that d african/nigerian society is a chauvinistic represser of female sexuality. That's just it. Hiding under sarcasm won't make it less obvious. Nonsense!

zizman:
never
mind that your nigerian man’s count is like 54, who cares? he’s only out there bleeping
everything in skirt so that he can impress you in bed. all of what he does is for you, you ingrate!! he’s out there putting his joystick in everything in other to come home and please you in bed and you have the guts to say you have a body count of more than 3? if any man claims he has slept with you, cry and swear that you know no such
man. refer to rule number 1, start quoting Bible passages about how your enemies are chasing you and poo. that whole subtracting 7 from your body count is bullshit. you only have 3 choices: 1, 2, or 3. other than that, you might as well just remain single.

Another pathetically dumb argument. Why unnecessarily spike d number of d man's sex partners? If u like go and be f*cking up and down and be expecting a Romeo who'll treat u like a princess when u've banged more than half d men in ur town. I don't think its a only Nigerian thing, men do not like sexually loose women who'll open their legs to anything. Simple! It is particularly insulting to nigerian women to suggest they have to keep mute about infidelity and ill-treatment meted out to them, in order to make them "marriageable". Such daft thinking! About d nigerian man going out to put his dick in everything, who does he sleep with? Is it not women too? So while labeling us as promiscuous, u're doing same to d women. Simple!

Elsewhere on her blog, she espoused that nigerian men don't like educated women, so a woman needs to withdraw from schooling to make herself "marriageable" to a nigerian man. In this modern naija where a bachelors degree aint a big deal any more? This e-diots would sit behind their keyboards and type nonsense about people and cultures they know next to nothing about, spreading lies and hurtful stereotypes on d net.
Its insulting to nigerian men and women to have such an opinion of them.
The message is clear even if its masked in sacrcasm.
-A typical nigerian man is dumb, archaic, has low-ideals and is easily won by a facade of nonsensical preferences. WRONG
-Women who are submissive to men are fools and need liberation. They don't know their rights. They just want to get "married, bedded, barefoot and pregnant". WRONG
-The traditional norms of d nigerian society (and by extension africa) is archaic, chauvinistic and anti-women's right. WRONG

The last paragraph about cooking is just too dumb. Can't comment on that.

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You by boma95(f): 8:38pm On Jan 26, 2015
aristocrazzy:
The best advice for all Naija women desperately searching. Doing this only puts you into 'Desperate Housewives' club.

u just got the words right out of my mouth
i'll rather be myself....tha Bleep am i bn all religious for
when i cant evn pray for complete 30minutes embarassed
i rada be myself
Re: How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You by Sike(m): 8:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
lekjons:
upcoming thread; HOW TO GET A NIGERIAN WOMAN TO MARRY YOU
step
1 pretend to be...
2 pretend you are...
3 pretend you don't...

why pretending??
anyone who follows the op's advice will end up looking for threads like...
how can i get my husband to love me again?

my husband doesn't love me anymore, advice pls!

since your marriage started out of pretence

just wait till you meet someone who will love you for who you are,and not who you pretend to be!!
Re: How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You by 1miccza: 11:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
mencade4:
marriage is a scam

I am still waiting for Mencade 5,6 and 7 to come and post their comments
Re: How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You by oge4real(f): 8:05am On Jan 27, 2015
talktofemi:

Maybe. Moreso when most people failed to notice the sarcasm.

Or you rather I said something? Here it is: you aren't bad looking.

wink wink
Re: How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You by talktofemi: 8:36am On Jan 27, 2015
oge4real:

wink wink

grin

You have a PM
Re: How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You by oge4real(f): 12:07pm On Jan 27, 2015
talktofemi:

grin

You have a PM
You have a reply.
Re: How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
talktofemi:

Seems ur clothes want to fall down.

Nairaland dudes wouldn't mind a better view...just a bit low down...
Is it better now?
Re: How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You by talktofemi: 10:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
omowumee:

Is it better now?

Yeah. Much better. Is ain't personal sis.

Btw, is it the same person?
Re: How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 27, 2015
talktofemi:

Yeah. Much better. Is ain't personal sis.

Btw, is it the same person?
yes naa
Re: How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You by talktofemi: 10:50pm On Jan 27, 2015
omowumee:

yes naa

You are wow.

Pls send a PM. Tried to but cant...
Re: How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You by flowjoe: 9:53pm On Jan 28, 2015
[quote author=zizman post=30124495][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Annoying Characters Many Young Ladies Exhibit In NO SEX Relationships / What's Your Take On A Relationship Without Sex? / When Did We Become So Tolerant Of The Other Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.