Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,322 members, 7,780,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:36 PM

How Do I Install Xp On A Sata Hard Drive - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Install Xp On A Sata Hard Drive (6246 Views)

Solid State Drive Vs Sata Hard Drives. Which One Is Better? / Where Is Computer Gurus: How To Format "sata" Hard Disk In Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Install Xp On A Sata Hard Drive by kolexinfos: 1:51pm On Dec 24, 2008
I have just but a new LG E510 laptop with a SATA hard drive and want to it because it came with Vista Home Basic. How do i go about this since XP does recognise SATA hard drives.

Someone please help.

Thanks.
Re: How Do I Install Xp On A Sata Hard Drive by Djcn: 2:57pm On Dec 24, 2008
Options
1. Take the laptop to an Engineer
2. Get an external floppy and get sata drivers into it.
3. Get Win XP SP3 from the market, if not urgent i could send u one.
4. Integrate any version of win XP with SP 3 following the steps below

To create your own bootable Windows XP SP3 CD, you’ll need the following:

A bootable Windows XP CD (any service pack level, Home or Professional)
Windows XP SP3
Bart’s Boot Image Extractor
Nero Burning ROM
CD Writer

create a folder structure to hold all the necessary files on your PC locally before you burn them to CD, then create two subfolders: XPSPCD and XPSP3

Copy the entire contents of the XP CD to XPSPCD, but first make sure that hidden files and folders are visible and that protection of system files is turned off via Windows Explorer.

To check this, go to Tools/Folder Options/View, check the radio button for “Show hidden files and folders” and make sure the checkbox next to “Hide protected operating system files” is unchecked.

Next, copy the SP3 standalone file (windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu.exe) to XPSP3. To extract the contents of the file you can use a file archiver like WinRar, but more simply just go Start/Run and type in: XPSP3\windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu.exe –x

This launches an extraction dialogue box. Extract the files to XPSP3, and once that’s done you can delete the original SP3 file as it won’t be needed any more. Place the extracted SP3 files. Extract the Boot Image

Download BBIE and extract the files to a local folder. Then, open a Command Windows, navigate to BBIE and run the following command:

bbie x:
(Where x: is the optical drive with the XP CD.)

BBIE will search the CD for any available boot images, and extract them using an image1.bin, image2.bin, etc naming convention. There should only be one boot image on the XP CD. BBIE also can extract boot images from ISOs – just change the command to:

bbie x:\cdimage.iso
(Where x: is the folder containing the ISO, and cdimage.iso is the filename.)

The image1.bin will be stored in the active folder (BBIE).

To integrate the service pack, go Start/Run and enter the following command:
XPSP3\i386\update\update.exe /integratecheesy:\XPSPCD

Slipstream the SP3 files
Note that there’s no space between /integrate: and D:\XPSP2CD. The upgrade program will launch and install the service pack into the locally cached CD, and confirm once it’s done.

Create a bootable CD
Launch Nero Burning ROM and create a new bootable CD compilation. When the compilation properties window comes up, select the Boot tab.

Click the “Image file” radio button and Browse for the image1.bin file which BBIE extracted. Then under Advanced, tick “Enable expert settings”. Change “Kind of emulation” to “No emulation. Make sure that “Load segment of sectors” is set to “07C0” and change “Number of loaded sectors” to 4.
Set the bootable compilation properties
Hit OK, then add the contents of XPSPCD to the compilation project. Burn the CD and you’re done. Add the slipstreamed files to the compilation

Most Windows updates can be slipstreamed into installation media via the same process, so it’s worth keeping the folder structure and saving the Nero compilation so that you can just keep adding to the local cache. Using a rewritable CD will avoid wasting media, or it works just as well when updating a network install location.

Hope it works.
Re: How Do I Install Xp On A Sata Hard Drive by onefifty4(f): 4:26pm On Dec 26, 2008
@ djcn

pls i need u to help me on my computer,HP 530. i want to downgrade it to windows XP. i already use a bootable XP cd to format it,but when it get to where to continue with press F8 to continue it tells me it cant find hard drive,that i should insert hard disk.but it dosent complain hard disk if am re-loading vista on it.

i use window 98 to format it hoping that it will work if i format the hard drive.its still same same.

PLS HELP ME.
Re: How Do I Install Xp On A Sata Hard Drive by Ralvy(m): 4:53pm On Dec 26, 2008
You're experiencing a similar issue with the thread starter,
The XP Installation CD you're using doesn't have the SATA drivers embedded. One of the links I posted should help you resolve that issue smiley

-[n3rve]
Re: How Do I Install Xp On A Sata Hard Drive by Djcn: 7:29am On Dec 27, 2008
Thx ralvy 4 the links.

I got no such blog.
Re: How Do I Install Xp On A Sata Hard Drive by ExInferis(m): 10:33am On Dec 27, 2008
isnt it easier and better to just switch SATA and AHCI support off in the BIOS? or get windows xp sp3, which supports SATA drives?
Re: How Do I Install Xp On A Sata Hard Drive by Djcn: 5:05pm On Dec 27, 2008
Would have been better, but some boards doesn't have sata disable option.
Even when u install, u would still need the drivers to enable SATA and AHCI support when rebooting.
Re: How Do I Install Xp On A Sata Hard Drive by nonoy: 6:44pm On Dec 28, 2008
i have the perfect software () to integrate ur sata drivers into any xp cd grin. u can also integrate drivers and remove lots of features from any xp. cool
Re: How Do I Install Xp On A Sata Hard Drive by nonoy: 6:59pm On Dec 28, 2008
nlite is the perfect software to use. the link is http://www.nliteos.com/download.html
Re: How Do I Install Xp On A Sata Hard Drive by ExInferis(m): 10:40am On Dec 29, 2008
you could just download xp service pack 3 and avoid all the trouble.
Re: How Do I Install Xp On A Sata Hard Drive by gee2(m): 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2009
hi, bro. go to ur system bios settings, under options ( it may differ by the system) but locate this (SATA MODE) disable it and you are ready toinstall XP on your sata HDD.
c ya.
Re: How Do I Install Xp On A Sata Hard Drive by kolexinfos: 3:51pm On Jan 03, 2009
@gee.
Thanks for the help your idea was really the easiest way to install XP on SATA.

Please I wont to know the advantages of using SATA hard drives over other kinds of hard dirves?
Re: How Do I Install Xp On A Sata Hard Drive by netotse(m): 12:06am On Jan 05, 2009
the pry advantage is that its faster u can read this for more info tho http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SATA
Re: How Do I Install Xp On A Sata Hard Drive by collin4fx: 6:57pm On Jan 07, 2009
If you get this message, then you are very lucky to be among those saving and accumulating cash for themselves in 2009. Money you would also use to have a wonderful time this festive season, is being wasted away in the hands of greedy cyber café owners and internet service providers that charge you a fortune just to browse the internet. Come to think of it, if you are a regular cyber café visitor like I was, spending a minimum of two hours daily for seven days, then I would advice you to sit down, take a pen, and make a simple calculation of your monthly expenses in the café, surely you will be alarmed at the result. Same with you who is using the private or home internet connection because we are all victims of the same exploit. But that ends today! because a new revolution has come to stay in Nigeria "TOTAL FREE BROWSING". It's a pity many people still don't believe that free browsing exist in Nigeria, but I can tell you that this message you are reading is sent to you using my laptop, configured with the free browsing softwares and settings. No regrets for the money spent in cafes and with home service providers because you won't be spending a dime anymore to browse the internet. Presently I have configured over 20 laptops and phones to browse for free and the beneficiaries still see me on the road and shower big smiles of "thank you" on me. To be among the big smilers, call today to order for a package of the connection settings to configure your laptop or desktop to use the free browsing for life. Order before Jan. 10th and get the configuration settings to browse free with your phone free of charge.

OTHER PACKAGES THAT WILL RAKE IN MEGGA BUCKS OF CASH FOR YOU IN 2009

Get a package on:
1. A step-by-step guide on how to create and verify a paypal account from Nigeria,
2. A step-by-step guide on how to create a blog and make nothing less than N20,000 weekly from it with google adsense and affiliate marketing,
3. A guide on how to build a solar power generator and sell to make continous stream of cash
4. A manual on 20 businesses you can do with you mobile phone,
5. A manual on how to print gsm recharge cards from your home on all networks and sell in whole sale. You can start this with as little as N20,000.

collins
NB: resale rights included (sell my package and make mega bucks for yourself)
Re: How Do I Install Xp On A Sata Hard Drive by igbsam(m): 8:34am On Jan 26, 2009
Just go to the Bios Setup mode and locate the sata drive option. Disable it and then you are good to go,
Re: How Do I Install Xp On A Sata Hard Drive by chaprogram: 8:16pm On Jan 27, 2009
Just Enter the Bios Setup and Disable SATA then Try again. I had the same problem days ago.
Re: How Do I Install Xp On A Sata Hard Drive by james4114: 12:45pm On Jan 30, 2009
First You have to change your Software Your using XP home that sucks use XP professional SP 3 for you to get the latest updates in Windows XP series, Go to Bios and just select the options for Sata there,  2nd be sure that your computer comply with the requirements of the Windows XP software im sure it will meet the requirements and lastly try to Set Up,

[url=http://www.sportfootwearstore.com/Products/DC%20Shoes%20Pure%20-%20Women%27s%20-%20Shoes%20-%20White.html]Gear Up Your Feet Girl[/url]
Re: How Do I Install Xp On A Sata Hard Drive by angad: 7:48am On Feb 05, 2009
Its so simple man.which way you used for install xp in you simple hard drive this is same as it is, go for it,
Re: How Do I Install Xp On A Sata Hard Drive by YD(m): 2:35pm On Feb 10, 2009
majority of the posters here are right.it took me alot of embarrasement before i found out how to go about it.i worked in the IT section of a financial institution as a support staff.one branch manager just got his hp laptop and needed to downgrade cos softwares were not installing, so he proudly called me up sad. i fumbled terribly angry. i was a little relieved when the hp support staff attached to the bank could not do it shocked na one bobo for computer village save me o from the humiliation wink
and all he did was to disable the sata drive through the setup <just confirming to u what the house have been saying>
cheers.
Re: How Do I Install Xp On A Sata Hard Drive by Nobody: 5:39am On Feb 13, 2009
That was impressive. I somehow missed this thread, just visiting it for the first time - been chasing scammers all over the place since i became moderator.
What i can only say is that, i am impressed the way you guys tackle the problem. Keep it up. You guys have scattered the whole problem to pieces.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Lenovo Laptop In Nigeria / My Regrets For Buying A London Used Laptop / Sold!!! Sleek 8th Gen Corei7 Dell Inspiron With Anti-glare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.