Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

In Defence Of Buhari - Re:documentary By AIT NTA On Buhari's Past - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Defence Of Buhari - Re:documentary By AIT NTA On Buhari's Past (2477 Views)

See How Buhari's Past Came Back To Haunt Him / Buhari Re-Appoints Umaru Ibrahim As NDIC MD For Another 5 Years / Buhari’s Past Haunts: As Lagos Youths Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Defence Of Buhari - Re:documentary By AIT NTA On Buhari's Past by Nobody: 1:33am On Jan 26, 2015
I know that the PDP will stop at nothing in their quest to tarnish the stainless reputation of the man who has now become the face of integrity in Nigeria. Just as a drowning man who would grab at anything just to save himself, the Jonathan Campaign Team have lost all hope of victory and now resort to sentiments, mudslinging and character assassination

Interestingly however, like a traditional oracle whose mind is fixed, the supporters of the General have remained resolute and unflinching in their zeal to rid the country of a leader whose performance in the areas of religious and ethnic bigotry, unprecedented corruption, boundless insecurity, worsening power supply, economic mis-management, reckless disregard for rule of law and growing youth unemployment can only support future medical research into the various degrees of man-ape psychological similarities.

There is no gain saying, that the more the attempts to malign Gen.Buhari's image, the more sympathetic votes the old man gathers.

Now let us look at the theme of the AIT and NTA Documentary on Buhari's 20 months regime of 1983 to 1985. The documentary was mainly designed to showcase a seemingly high handed ruler who was so unkind to the plight of the people that he threw them into prisons or sentenced them to death at will.

I would have blamed the opposition party APC for not equally considering a similar gesture of sponsoring a documentary on the series of corruption cases swept under the carpet, the series of Mind-puzzling bomb explosions, Azazi definition of BokoHaram and his sudden exit from office and life, territorial losses to Shekau on daily basis and our once brave army now chickening out of battle fronts, arming of the NigerDelta Militants with both heavy war-like weapons and billions of naira royalty monthly, death sentences on over 254 military boys, apo killings, presidential pardon for criminals, National Assembly disgrace saga, political high handed ness and so many other atrocities committed by the present regime. But I am quick to understand that their was a peace accord and also an understanding between both parties that all campaigns should stay issue based and not dwell on personality attacks. But since the PDP have brought up a case against Gen.Buhari, the least that is expected is a reply in defence.

1. When the Military took over from Shehu Shagari, their mission was totally different, but in order to ensure acceptability, they gave the first broadcast citing issues of corruption and indiscipline as the reason for the coup. Abacha gave this first broadcast. This was immediately followed by serious military brainstorming sessions on how to make this excuse convincing, at one of such meetings, they decided to call in the high handed, incorruptible and most disciplined fine officer from the Jos Division. True to their words, they appointed the duo of Buhari and Idiagbon as head of state. The point here is that the choice of Buhari/Idiagbon by his military colleagues was mainly to restore discipline and accountability for a while, and they led by example.

2. In leading by example was the simple fact that they both left their ranks as ab-initio. Unlike the usual practice to immediately elevate yourself to a 5 star full fledged General and instantly award yourself with the toga of GCFR, up till today, Gen.Buhari is still a retired Major-General and GCON.

3. Jerry Rawlings of Ghana fought indiscipline harder than The Buhari regime was ready to. While the Buhari regime was concerned about how Nigerians would accept the need for a thorough revolution, the Rawlingses regime gave no room for doubting Thomases. In fact, Rawlings was believed to have totally executed all bad political influences, he executed all corrupt citizens, all drug barons, all embezzlers. He wiped the bad eggs out completely and started on a brand new slate. But down here, the Buhari Regime was in fact, so soft enough to allow rule of law prevail, he allowed corrupt people to appear in court for Self-Defence. He mostly committed people to prison sentences, he did this without fear and favour to the extent that even close allies were affected. There was an unprecedented atmosphere of discipline, civil obedience and patriotism in the history if Nigeria.

4. The most discussed event in his regime was the execution of drug peddlers, who were men. There was also a case of female drug peddlers who were equally sentenced to death but were not executed. While I understand that the stories may sound very harsh, unkind and pitiable, I can assure my readers that the overall effect of the activities of drug peddlers is even more damning. If I were a story-teller, I could go on and on narrating to you stories of how drugs have caused most cases of road accidents, criminality, thuggery, armed robberies, homicide and of course hooliganism. But I would rather be quick to point out that the penalty for drug peddling in china still remains Death Sentence by Firing Squad. This is the same in most advanced worlds were the dangers inherent in this acts is well understood by the law makers. Although recently, capital punishments have been well discouraged, we however cannot blame a 1983 regime for adopting such an approach to totally discourage certain terrible vices which are in fact well understood to be addictive.

5. Finally, the most important point is that all the issues raised in the documentary were made to look EVIL of Gen.Buhari, but amazingly, these are the same exact things done in Ghana, China, Malaysia, India and others that made them great today...I keep asking myself...

what if we had allowed Buhari's Regime to last 4years?
What if he had totally eliminated those bad eggs?
What if the laws against corruption and drugs were still harsh ?
Would we have been in this mess today?
This corruption mess crumbling our economy?
This corruption stench oozing from our Security Sector?
This situation where there is now only one man in the whole of Nigeria that can be said to truly be Incorruptible and disciplined?

What if...what if...what if...

#IhaveDecided .... For #theChangeWeWant ... For #TheChangeWeNeed .... @ThisIsBuhari ... #Vote4Change

Solly Yula

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In Defence Of Buhari - Re:documentary By AIT NTA On Buhari's Past by jumas(m): 1:38am On Jan 26, 2015
we are not short of memory to
forget soon
1. how many people die just
between 5 years under Gej watch
2. how many billions of dollar
got missing (stealing is not
corruption )
3 impunity
4. job scam + life lost
and so many
my friends imagine a
documentary on Gej and Pej
sins.
sorry is to late
#IHaveDecided
sai Buhari

3 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Buhari - Re:documentary By AIT NTA On Buhari's Past by Nobody: 1:46am On Jan 26, 2015
We have made up our minds to vote for Buhari/Osinbajo. No amount of documentary can change this.

AIT/PDP/NTA should continue to try in vain. Our minds are made up for GMB.

#IhaveDecided.

4 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Buhari - Re:documentary By AIT NTA On Buhari's Past by JEITO: 1:51am On Jan 26, 2015
It is a pity that the campaigns have taken this turn: now it is all about accusation, counter-accusations, defence, blackmail and other anomalies.

The ordinary Nigerians are not helping the matter at all. We fuel this crisis even more through our comments on social media.

Funny enough, win or lose, these guys don't get immersed in the murky waters of violence. Na still the chairman for yonder go kary the gbege for head.
Re: In Defence Of Buhari - Re:documentary By AIT NTA On Buhari's Past by Caseless: 2:16am On Jan 26, 2015
sincerenigerian:
We have made up our minds to vote for Buhari/Osinbajo. No amount of documentary can change this.

AIT/PDP/NTA should continue to try in vain. Our minds are made up for GMB.

#IhaveDecided.
apc media team is not doing much to save buhari's name- in an election, you don't leave such a documentary un-countered. Gej is not angel, his flaws and that of his party can be put into advert too. Why is apc allowing themselves to be boxed into a corner? I told them this via msg: 'they are not doing enough and they appear too soft on pdp'. Their reply to me proved this softness.
@soe. That ghanian is jerry rawling, not sankara.

3 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Buhari - Re:documentary By AIT NTA On Buhari's Past by tobechi74: 2:44am On Jan 26, 2015
I was expecting a sound arguement but what i can see here iis just you saying that you support what buhari did.

You support the use of brutality of suspected thieves without trial

This is democracy and such killing of "bad leaders (including thieenubu) without trying them is undemocratic so Goodluck will never do such.

The documentary spoke on ban of massmedia. You smartly dudged that part in your so called defence. If nseun opened nairaland in buhari era, seun would have been a dead man by now

3 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Buhari - Re:documentary By AIT NTA On Buhari's Past by tobechi74: 2:58am On Jan 26, 2015
jumas:
we are not short of memory to
forget soon
1. how many people die just
between 5 years under Gej watch
2. how many billions of dollar
got missing (stealing is not
corruption )
3 impunity
4. job scam + life lost
and so many
my friends imagine a
documentary on Gej and Pej
sins.
sorry is to late
#IHaveDecided
sai Buhari

EXPECTED THIS THRASH FROM GULLIBLE ONES.
THIS HREAD IS ABOUT DEFENDING WHAT AIT DOCUMENTRY ON BUHARI.LETS STICK TO THE ISSUE.

IS THE DOCUMENTRY A LIE?
WHY DID BUHARI SHUT DOWN NEWSPAPPERS?

DEFEND
DONT DRAG GOODLUCK. GOODLUCK WAS STILL A STUDENT BY THEN NOT A POLITICIAN

2 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Buhari - Re:documentary By AIT NTA On Buhari's Past by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 26, 2015
tobechi74:
I was expecting a sound arguement but what i can see here iis just you saying that you support what buhari did.

You support the use of brutality of suspected thieves without trial

This is democracy and such killing of "bad leaders (including thieenubu) without trying them is undemocratic so Goodluck will never do such.

The documentary spoke on ban of massmedia. You smartly dudged that part in your so called defence. If nseun opened nairaland in buhari era, seun would have been a dead man by now
China is even worse in this regard..but now they have the best system in the world. Read about china...policies are made to support weak systems and help them grow....those laws back then were not meant to last forever but just to restore discipline in media practice and so on.

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Buhari - Re:documentary By AIT NTA On Buhari's Past by bokohalal(m): 9:03am On Jan 26, 2015
A drug courier acquaintance once told me that drug peddlers should be killed!

3 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Buhari - Re:documentary By AIT NTA On Buhari's Past by atom82: 12:59am On Jan 27, 2015
like seriously these system of politics adopted by PDP is really bad.......said buhari

1 Like

Re: In Defence Of Buhari - Re:documentary By AIT NTA On Buhari's Past by jaysniggs: 1:27am On Jan 27, 2015
tobechi74:

EXPECTED THIS THRASH FROM GULLIBLE ONES.
THIS HREAD IS ABOUT DEFENDING WHAT AIT DOCUMENTRY ON BUHARI.LETS STICK TO THE ISSUE.

IS THE DOCUMENTRY A LIE?
WHY DID BUHARI SHUT DOWN NEWSPAPPERS?

DEFEND
DONT DRAG GOODLUCK. GOODLUCK WAS STILL A STUDENT BY THEN NOT A POLITICIAN

Do you even know who a military dictator is?
Make your findings around the world you'll understand better.
Re: In Defence Of Buhari - Re:documentary By AIT NTA On Buhari's Past by Rilwayne001: 9:27am On Jan 27, 2015
PDP will sure fail with this

(1) (Reply)

Politician Beheaded And Cooked For Committing Adultery (graphic Photo) / Lokoja-Abuja Road Blocked As Abuja Residents Leave In Droves / Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.