Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy (60985 Views)

The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. / D’banj’s Manager To Olamide: 'Stop Stealing Our Songs' / D’banj Says Dr SID Caused Mo’hits Break Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by mrofficial(m): 3:29am On Jan 26, 2015
Please also watch the video.

Below is an excerpt from the interview.

D’Banj just delivered a mind blowing and thoughtful interview with Olisa on The Truth.

Recall that D’Banj blamed Dr Sid for the break down of Mo’Hits Records. He finally shed light on what went down.

Here is what D’Banj said in summary.

D’Banj said when Kanye West requested for himself and Don Jazzy to come to the United States, Don Jazzy complained about the cost of living in New York and he is tired of the whole stuff after couple of weeks. The music producer then demanded he returned to Nigeria and continue facing the music business as they are already big in Nigeria and Africa as a whole.

On returning back to Nigeria, Don Jazzy started acting cold to him, D’Banj said. The self acclaimed Koko Master claimed he wasn’t able to figure out the relationship has started to break down because he wasn’t always in Nigeria to put eye on details. Shortly after Don Jazzy requested they end Mo’Hits Records, D’Banj then asked for an extra 6 months, July 2011… Hoping he can convince his business partner.

After 6 month, December 2011, The Don hasn’t changed his mind one bit. The entire record label voted D’Banj out, D’Banj even said his brother would have preferred to stay with Don Jazzy at that time.

On parting ways, Don Jazzy told D’banj he will ask anybody to stop playing his music if he listens to it anywhere.

On his foe, Dr Sid, D’Banj revealed he signed Dr Sid to the record label. He recalled the leaked audio tape where Dr Sid said D’Banj was stealing the shine of other members of the record label

“Why don’t they know my name? Because D’Banj’s brand is too *big*… D’Banj’s star is too big, it is overshadowing” said Dr SID in the tape that leaked a long time ago.

On Wande Coal, D’Banj said he was a happy man during the circa of the label claiming even his kid got a share of what the record label made as they ran the company like a family but Dr Sid was not a happy man. At the end of the day, Don Jazzy picked Sid ahead of him.

Another tea, D’Banj said the song SURULERE was made because of him, all the lyrics are subliminal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BReEosQucuc

http://www.36ng.com.ng/2015/01/26/dbanj-explains-how-he-was-kicked-out-of-mohits-records-by-don-jazzy/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by mabeni(m): 3:54am On Jan 26, 2015
Lies.

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by baski92(m): 4:13am On Jan 26, 2015
E fit be truth

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Nobody: 4:23am On Jan 26, 2015
Maybe Don Jazzy was right undecided the cost of living in New york is too high and its really having an effect on D bang cuz right now that Niccur called d bang is as broke as hell..he can't even pay his staff anymore #OgaTitus

119 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Swegzfreak: 4:26am On Jan 26, 2015
mabeni:
Lies.

explain better, never knew father confessor dy nairaland

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by mrofficial(m): 4:57am On Jan 26, 2015
mabeni:
Lies.

Even if Jesus comes down to play you the recording between Dr. SID and Davido, you will still call it lies.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Extom(m): 5:38am On Jan 26, 2015
D’Banj even said his brother would have preferred to stay with Don Jazzy at that time - if Pastor say make my brother stop to dey come he church, walahi I don stop be that too. cheesy
So tell me more D'banj...

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Nutase: 6:33am On Jan 26, 2015
Eya

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by brixton: 7:23am On Jan 26, 2015
This is my plot and it's not for sale

Modified.

Dbanj need move on from this break up cod Jazzy already did and is doing wonders with diff artists.

Dbanj himself agreed that he changed, what cud he have done to have made jazzy say he will change any radio station that airs dbanj' voice ? It means Dbanj must have really hurt JAzzy coz we all know Jazzy is a peaceful person.

He should meet Jazzy and make peace... It's very obvious he needs Jazzy more than ever before!

18 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by DonX001: 7:37am On Jan 26, 2015
Wow! Sounds like the truth sha

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by deejayterabyte(m): 9:04am On Jan 26, 2015
I've always known that Dr Sid is a little kid who wants everything to himself, And to even think it was D'banj that brought him to Mo'hits, he still said rubbish about him

People can be very ungrateful, I wonder how d'banj felt when he heard Dr sid say those things about him

And as for Don Jazzy, sorry I have to call him a mumu, Big one for that matter, I hate people who don't have balls to face uncertainty and risk, Mo'hits would have been bigger and better if he had a little bit of patience

And did D'banj say Dorobucci was his song? shocked shocked

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by davdandam(m): 9:04am On Jan 26, 2015
Chaiiiii dbanj and pride, just come clean beg don jazzy and start making good music again. ......obviously things are not going as planned for you, Brokeness is setting in. .......it's not as if you were clean during the break up,you were even the more outspoken one during the wahala.

Ps I'm suspecting dbanj is a nairalander hence the direct approach grin grin

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by jingh(f): 9:05am On Jan 26, 2015

hmmmmmmm, he who laugh today should remember tomorrow

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by nwana1: 9:05am On Jan 26, 2015
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by pekeyim: 9:06am On Jan 26, 2015
Im dbanj

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by gift01: 9:07am On Jan 26, 2015
How come Eja nla can't boom with some other producer. Na so the juju strong reach?

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Soft10(m): 9:08am On Jan 26, 2015
If i hear....!
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 26, 2015
Pay your debts bítch grin

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by allanphash7(m): 9:09am On Jan 26, 2015
Why wont he be kicked out, Afterall hes now being singing and campaining for GEJ while the whole world want CHANGE, SMH 4 d'banj

#TEAM APC
#TEAM CHANGE
#TEAM BUHARI/OSINBAJO

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by hotgunz(m): 9:09am On Jan 26, 2015
Doesn't make any sense, asin I can't understand d summary pls re phrase it.

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by phransix147(m): 9:09am On Jan 26, 2015
Is he truly broke?

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Mayany(m): 9:09am On Jan 26, 2015
UMM IS TONTO STILL SIGNED TO DB RECORDS?

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by plainmirror(m): 9:09am On Jan 26, 2015
“Oga Titus is too pompous, you wan try us,
now money don lost, boys are very big boys,
you don Bleep up, you wan form boss, kasala
don burst, where is oga Titus
You take night bus to come Lagos, you go
campus, girl are very surplus, you no hint us,
you wan com flex, now money don loss…”

19 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by donigspain(m): 9:10am On Jan 26, 2015
[size=18pt]I Don't Give A Damn!
#IDGAD[/size]

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by alaoeri: 9:10am On Jan 26, 2015
Tydies:
Maybe Don Jazzy was right undecided the cost of living in New york is too high and its really having an effect on D bang cuz right now that Niccur called d bang is as broke as hell..he can't even pay his staff anymore #OgaTitus
A broke guy keeps on organising shows (Dbanj 10th year anniversary kick start next week with the likes if Amber Rose & Blac Chyna coming) while those that ain't broke can't even organise a concert, do the math.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by falufosi(m): 9:10am On Jan 26, 2015
Hmmmmm touching.
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by hotgunz(m): 9:10am On Jan 26, 2015
Ha oga Titus u can lie ooooo shocked

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by WebSurfer(m): 9:10am On Jan 26, 2015
we don hear
Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 26, 2015
Lies

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by emalek86(m): 9:11am On Jan 26, 2015
The only problem with Nigerians is that when you are saying the truth they will say u lieing, then when you re lieing they say is the truth, they re just too blind to see anything

22 Likes

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Suljosh: 9:11am On Jan 26, 2015
mabeni:
Lies.
how do you know is lie? Stop hating.

Re: The Truth: D’banj Explains How He Was Kicked Out Of Mo’hits Records By Don Jazzy by Mcowubaba: 9:11am On Jan 26, 2015
The only tin I knw is dat Dbanj is very far 4rm being broke...

39 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fela Kuti Nominated For 2021 Rock, Roll Hall Of Fame / Rudeboy - 'Take It' Video Featuring Mercy Eke / Naira Marley- Am I A Yahoo Boy Lyrics (with English Translation)