Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible (46970 Views)

Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? / How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only / My Traditional And White Wedding With Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by amokeme(f): 12:06pm On Apr 18, 2015
I don't like this story at all... sadyou should have just called your pastor to join you two together that's all! I was really depressed while reading this.

7 Likes

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by naijaboiy: 12:06pm On Apr 18, 2015
Chai! Drums of water? cheesy

May God not let me,my family and my friends see poverty in Jesus name. grin

Somebody say Amen. grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by tenry(m): 12:07pm On Apr 18, 2015
mrking3:
@OP stop giving us zobo here!! Even 50k can't be enough to celebrate one's birthday let alone of wedding!! You can't tell this honourable house of nairaland that you bought 2 bags of rice which I know is worth 20k, bought packs of fish and other miscellaneous expenses with 30k!! That's trash man! WHAT IS WORTH DOING IS WORTH DOING WELL! You ended up embarrassing yourself before your inlaws and the entire whole village! You should have saved up atleast 200k for an average wedding I wonder why the rush in the first place when you aint even ready!! I'm planning to do my white and Trad this year and I've tried all I can to make an average budget evrything will cost about 400k. That's even the minimum!!! For both traditional Rites which include marriage LIST, Trad, and white wedding. All will be done same day just to save cost. When I saw your thread I got attracted to read how you made it with just 50k but then, that's way below average! Just CLASSLESS! How do you do such lifetime event without serving people with common pure water, mineral and meat? Wow!! Who does that? Shameful bro!!!
Stop abusing him. We cannot all be d same. Let individual organise his/her party as he or she deem fit. I budgeted about 700k for my wedding, I ended up spending 1m. Yet I have a friend who spent 350k for his wedding and there was no difference from mine.

4 Likes

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by naijaboiy: 12:07pm On Apr 18, 2015
amokeme:
I don't like this story at all... sadyou should have just called your pastor to join you two together that's all! I was really depressed while reading this.
grin
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:08pm On Apr 18, 2015
Mchew.... lie from the pit of hell..... 50k for wedding with 700 village guest?!!.....are you freaking kidding me!!!!..... 2k for cake?!!.....abeg, abeg abeg...... no lemme throw up. angry angry........

3 Likes

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 18, 2015
[quote author=Bennymontana post=32850995]Hmmm...wedding's not by force...you would av just saved urself d embarrasment...do a court wedding...highest 10-20 people from both familes,with priest...take ur pictures and av some small 2geda...woulda av beta and more dignified, instead of rubbishing the whole tin huh?...@ least op since u"re quite a regular on nairaland forum,you for consult niaralanders make dem help you with ideas,cos i knw they wont help you wit money sha...
However this has got me tinkn sef; Ladies in the house;will u rather ur Man uses the 1.7million Naira he budgeted to buy you a car after ur wedding to celebrate the wedding?...oya make una answer,cos me wan knw....

1 Like

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by omenka(m): 12:09pm On Apr 18, 2015
maxisfield:

Amen oo! Ds kyn 50k wedding tire me
Chisos!!! shocked

Donphilopus come and see sontin!!

Someone dial heaven, I think the angel they declared missing has just been found!!!

Why in seven hells haven't you featured in any of MizMyColi's pageants?? shocked
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by peeparty(m): 12:09pm On Apr 18, 2015
onismate:
I have always been a good Christian. To me my faith permits marriage but I can’t just marry anybody. At 35, marriage was already on my mind. I need it, my body needs it. I have abstained from sex for too long. I had to do something before I fall into the evil hands of the sons of Lucifer. Even though my finances were a little bit low I prayed fervently to God to give me the right person.

Two weeks later I was returning from evangelism, I saw a very beautiful young lady preaching to some group of young menu in the neighbourhood. I decided to come closer to listen to her message very well. I began enjoying her message, she was so fluent. Her beauty didn’t attract me as such, what attracted me the most was her charisma and the way she preached. I decided to sit on one of the empty chairs at the back. After the message, I approached her, we exchanged pleasantries and introduced ourselves, I requested that I should walk her home and she agreed. We chatted and talked as I walked her home. I got to her house and we spent over 2 hours talking. I really enjoyed her company that I requested if we could do a joint evangelism together, she agreed.

As we go to evangelism together we became closer and fond of each other. I was not comfortable with our relationship as just friends. I wanted us to move to the next level.

Behold it happened. I asked her to marry me. She appreciated my courage but asked for little patience for her to go and pray to God about it. On my mind I was very sure that she is the right one for me.

A month later as we were going to visit some of our new converts, she broke the news to me. That she has agreed to marry me. I was just so happy about the good news.

We courted for about 6 months and started the preparations for the traditional rites. It proved a little difficult when we (me and my family) went to see her parents.

They insisted that all the drinks we must bring will be alcohol (ogogoro, sepe), because they are from isoko in Delta state. Isokos love taking alcohol a lot. I totally refused buying any alcohol because it’s outside my faith.

I gave them my own option of what I will do. I told them I can’t buy them alcohol, I will rather give them the money so they can make do with anyhow they like. They refused my offer, they still insisted that I must buy the alcohol if I must marry their daughter. I myself refused too, I told them that in fact I wasn’t interested in the marriage any more if I have to buy alcohol for them. Later on they called me back after 3 months. They said they don’t want anything to stand on their daughter’s way of happiness. They accepted my offer to take the money, and the traditional rites were completed.

We started planning our wedding immediately after the traditional rites, I didn’t want to waste much time about it. I had wanted it to be a month after the traditional rites. Even though I didn’t have much money for the wedding, I had to make do with the little I have. My “wife to be” had just graduated from the university some few months back. She was yet to get a job. I myself was an NCE holder and a class teacher. I only had about N50,000 in my account. I was determined to carry on with the wedding, to manage the little money I have, I had already told her we wouldn’t borrow or beg. We budgeted N30,000 for that wedding while the other N20,000 will be for our upkeep after the wedding while I wait for the result of the interview I did which I believe and sure I would pass very well because they had informed me that before the end of the month they would call me back for the appointment. It is a good, well-paying job. Not forgetting that my fiancé will look for job too to reduce the responsibility on me.

I was so sure that we would have much guests, even unwanted guests too, because it’s a village. I told fiancé is either we give them biscuits and drinks or rice and fish with water as refreshment. We had to cut our coat according to our material.

On the wedding day, our guess was actually right because we had over 700 people as guests including uninvited once. The whole reception hall was packed full. The wedding vows were taking in a scanty church. But the reception! It was a massive turnout.

We made a very beautiful small cake worth N2000, though we didn’t share it because it will not get to everybody. We kept it for just the traditional “Cutting of the cake.” After cutting it, our helpers took it away. Thank God we made use of rice and fresh fish, the people sharing just had to manage it little by little so it could get to everybody. It was 2 bags of rice.

We made available about 7 drums of water. After eating you take water. No drinks or meat were provided. Infact we didn’t have high table and chairman of the occasion.

Finally am happy I was married to the love of my life and the wedding was successful. To those who spent or are spending big budgets for wedding/marriage, borrowing for people to be impressed, at the end of the day all of us have one thing in common! Which is, “We all got married.”

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/978-my-wedding-story-how-we-met-and-did-our-wedding-with-just-little-money-we-had

picture of d seven drums of water and you drinking it

2 Likes

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by adellam16(f): 12:09pm On Apr 18, 2015
Mintayo:
Wisdom!
What's the point of spending millions on a ceremony and @ the end na divorce!
The op applied wisdom and it paid off, I am glad with the kinda wife the op has, an understanding one for that matter! Not all ladies will agree to this!
The op found a wife and found favour in God's eyes!
my dear ,N50k for trad nd church wedding in d village! Have u ever seen d list given to a groom for trad wedding alone? Except d parents just handed the girl to d guy I'm refuse to believe dis story

3 Likes

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Atk01(f): 12:09pm On Apr 18, 2015
I'm not sure the OP bargained for the kind of comments on this thread. grin

Happy married life though. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by iamdapsyj(m): 12:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
I think you should have saved yourself the stress by having a private wedding that consist of your wife and both families..... shikena grin

2 Likes

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by tunlasky: 12:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
[quote author=Redoil post=30138083]Stinginess of the highest order
What do u mean stinginess, he cut his coat according to his material. There are so many people out there living in fornication all in the name of looking 4money for societal marriage. Kudos to him.
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by libertyfather(m): 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
freshness2020:
Seven drums of water?
Hmmm...are ♈όϋ dat poor ♈όϋ couldn't afford #80 bags of water!..
That seven drums of water got me thinking if this Ūя̲̅ story was real...who still drinks water from drum in this dispensation!

U dey mind am? Even with 30naira rice and 20naira fish , 50k or 30k that hin talk will nt feed 700 guest, see as hin mention guest sef like say people dey interested in poor man party..the op is a dirty lier

4 Likes

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Domwiz4all(m): 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
Dis story get k-leg. From d 30k you bought two bags of rice(20k) atleast a basket of tomatoes(2k), groundnut oil(2k),fish (3k),cake(2k), wedding gown, suit, didnt u pay for d reception venue? Okay u used d community primary school field, fine, didnt u rent canopies? Okay i understand d weather was friendly, wat about chairs? If you had said after u guys exchanged vows in d church, u just shared drinks and every body went his or her way i would have believed u.

4 Likes

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by mekaboy(m): 12:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
This ur story get k leg.

1, u married because of konji.

2, na u count the 700 guests

3, u provide 7 drums of water. that is 1 drum of water for 100 guests.

You dey come back from evangelism come enter another person evangelism.

So now that u bought a sex partner with 50k are u happy?

4 Likes

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Chizzy20(f): 12:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
hmm..op dis ur weddin nah one in town...did u guys take picture sef...or u used phones...

2 Likes

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by ifoundmyperfect: 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
From my rough estimation, this wedding no reach 5k...
I'm not a fan of a Hollywood celebrity wedding, but dis one get as e be. I go just prefer to go pay bride price with my folks, enter registry and carry my wife. Church wedding wey get plenty paparazzi fit wait... grin grin
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Kingsasian(m): 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
I believe this story sha but it sounds funny.......lol

1 Like

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Kentrasso(f): 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
Jeez, I like your courage man, not many people can do that. The humiliation from what people will be saying, chai
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by 1stola: 12:24pm On Apr 18, 2015
Medunah:
So u also rented hall from that 30k? Bought tux and wedding gown from 30k?? With a budget of 30k, reception wasnt necessary, jzt church wedding that will consist of family members and close frnds, after taking ur vows, u share the food in the church and dats all.

No mind the lieanus onismate

1 Like

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by blackbeau1(f): 12:24pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ishilove:

You don't need millions for a wedding. Cut your coat according to size.

I personally know a preacher who told his congregation that if you can't afford an elaborate wedding, buy two crates of soft drinks, 3packs of cabin biscuit, come to church with your guests and he will perform the ceremony for you. End of story.

We are the ones killing ourselves over a one-day event.
it's a one day event,yes. but it's a once in a lifetime occasion. what's worth doing is worth doing well. I'm not saying one should spend millions if he doesn't have it but drums of water? that's just plain stupid.
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by ifoundmyperfect: 12:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
Chizzy20:
hmm..op dis ur weddin nah one in town...did u guys take picture sef...or u used phones...

They called a road side caricature artist to make a sketch of them.. . grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Chizzy20(f): 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
ifoundmyperfect:

They called a road side caricature artist to make a sketch of them.. . grin
lolz.
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
amokeme:

My sister same here sad
Couldn't even get any moral lesson out of it ... Not even one

1 Like

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Ishilove: 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2015
blackbeau1:
it's a one day event,yes. but it's a once in a lifetime occasion. what's worth doing is worth doing well. I'm not saying one should spend millions if he doesn't have it but drums of water? that's just plain stupid.
He couldn't afford anything besides pure water. I don't think anything is wrong in that.
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by ITbomb(m): 12:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
I stopped reading at "7 drums of water"

1 Like

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by daprincel(m): 12:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
shocked Chisos! Laffin in 2D grin

No dey come here with dis kin tori abeggi...
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by ifyjess(f): 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
mrking3:
@OP stop giving us zobo here!! Even 50k can't be enough to celebrate one's birthday let alone of wedding!! You can't tell this honourable house of nairaland that you bought 2 bags of rice which I know is worth 20k, bought packs of fish and other miscellaneous expenses with 30k!! That's trash man! WHAT IS WORTH DOING IS WORTH DOING WELL! You ended up embarrassing yourself before your inlaws and the entire whole village! You should have saved up atleast 200k for an average wedding I wonder why the rush in the first place when you aint even ready!! I'm planning to do my white and Trad this year and I've tried all I can to make an average budget evrything will cost about 400k. That's even the minimum!!! For both traditional Rites which include marriage LIST, Trad, and white wedding. All will be done same day just to save cost. When I saw your thread I got attracted to read how you made it with just 50k but then, that's way below average! Just CLASSLESS! How do you do such lifetime event without serving people with common pure water, mineral and meat? Wow!! Who does that? Shameful bro!!!
thank you fro your common sense,wishing u a happy narried life

1 Like

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by olaglamour(f): 12:42pm On Apr 18, 2015
menix:

Tot about dat too buh I jst blived its peer pressure, cous almost all her fwend were getting married.
Not all ladies can be as frank as I was, I made my hubby cut the wedding budget to the least.
A month to my wedding, my friends came to my house to pick up their Aso-ebi, in the course of our discussion, they showed me samples of several nice wedding regalia, I told them they are so nice but they shouldn't bother, that my wedding gown will be brought from Lagos(even when I know that I no dey use gown).

Fast forward to the eve of the D- day
Most of them came on friday , na so them start again, Ola!!! where ur make up artist dey? I look them com smile tell them say she dey come on Saturday morning.
Morning came, I brought my beautiful white lace, with nice Aso oke(attire for mosque). They were like shuuu!!!! Ola, but u tell us say na gown, I just look them, them ask again, the make up artist Make up kini Hey you, bring ur foundation, you, bring by your powder, na so all of them bring out their make up kit come do the make up for me. Na one of the even tie the gele for me at Mosque and reception.

The truth of the whole matter is most ladies won't consider their purse. All that matter to them is that day, they always forget about what happens after the guests are gone.
Guess what? We had a colourful wedding with our small budget and we are happy. To God be the Glory

9 Likes

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by BigBashiru: 12:42pm On Apr 18, 2015
blackbeau1:

Leave that thing its not as if say u de carry young virgin with a good head on her shoulders.
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by tomzman: 12:46pm On Apr 18, 2015
mrking3:
Well said. As if you saw my mind before posting this.

2 Likes

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Adekunlemoyo: 12:47pm On Apr 18, 2015
grin grin[color=#990000][/color]....But seriously,it is a weddin witout ring?...if ring involve,den hw much ur ring cost?...minus it 4rm 30k....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Gets N305K To Celebrate Her Birthday After Revealing She Was Broke. Photos / Guys Wash Their Hands With Wine At A Club (Photos) / Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.