Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible (47001 Views)

Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? / How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only / My Traditional And White Wedding With Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by menix(m): 2:37pm On Apr 18, 2015
missbronze:
Dear, dont mind them.

With half of that money, u can comfortably do both white and trad wedding.

And, pls dnt look at what your friends did on their wedding, Do what u want and can afford.

I wont forgive myself if i allow my man waste a million naira on a wedding.

Haba, times are hard ooo.

Even if he is the richest guy on earth.., i will rather prefer he sow it into the lives of d less privileges, than, on a day wedding.

WOW!!!!
I cant blive this...
If truly u re a female, u re blessed nd a Wife...

1 Like

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by darkjorse: 2:40pm On Apr 18, 2015
I know say hunger don kill people for that wedding except Na deeper life, Muslim or pagan wedding
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by sambisa5: 2:46pm On Apr 18, 2015
Medunah:
So u also rented hall from that 30k? Bought tux and wedding gown from 30k?? With a budget of 30k, reception wasnt necessary, jzt church wedding that will consist of family members and close frnds, after taking ur vows, u share the food in the church and dats all.

i wonder too,,,he said it was 2bags of rice.........2bags plus 2000naira cake is almost 30k.....

I don't think they wore suit or wedding gown,,,,,,the lady must have been dressed in her skirt and blouse and the man trouser and Tshirt.....

They knew village would be better to do such wedding,,,,,,cos if is town,,,,just SMH...

And what will the photos look likei forgot no video or photo self...

i forbid this kind of wedding,,,i rather stay single than embarrass myself unduly...

What a wedding??

2 Likes

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Ishilove: 2:51pm On Apr 18, 2015
blackbeau1:
typo? how do u mistakenly type 'drums of water*. besides,if we r to go with the false story we've just been told,you would realise he was actually talking about drums of water
Na condition make crayfish bend grin grin

The mind boggles, though

I reject that kind of poverty wedding
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by blackbeau1(f): 2:58pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ishilove:

Na condition make crayfish bend grin grin

The mind boggles, though

I reject that kind of poverty wedding
amen oh. I even reject it for my enemies sef
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by somegirl1: 2:59pm On Apr 18, 2015
Someone has one hell of an imagination

1 Like

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Juzzybabe(f): 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2015
Very very funny comments! But on a serious note, I will rather do a quiet breakfast wedding and save the 50k than go through such embarrassment. Besides,50k wasn't the actual amount you would have spent dear,unless you lied about not asking people for help. Wedding budget doesn't include reception alone unless you guys were naked on that day,No music,no church Levi,etc. and from your tale you still save 20 for after wedding I don't believe!

1 Like

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by blessingee: 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2015
Anyone who clicks to read this story or believe it is plain silly, myself inclusive!
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by kennyamusan(m): 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2015
I love Nigeria movies ooo,what is the title of this one again ?
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Juzzybabe(f): 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2015
Very very funny comments! But on a serious note, I will rather do a quiet breakfast wedding and save the 50k than go through such embarrassment. Besides,50k wasn't the actual amount you would have spent dear,unless you lied about not asking people for help. Wedding budget doesn't include reception alone unless you guys were naked on that day,No music,no church Levi,etc. and from your tale you still save 20 for after wedding I don't believe!

BESIDES I THOUGHT ALL STORIES THAT MAKES FRONT PAGE USUALLY HAVE SOME IOTA OF TRUTHS IN THEM?

1 Like

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by blessingee: 3:03pm On Apr 18, 2015
menix:

WOW!!!!
I cant blive this...
If truly u re a female, u re blessed nd a Wife...

If u believe this, then I can tell u Ajegunle is the name of a town in China and u will believe it!
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by blessingee: 3:06pm On Apr 18, 2015
zomoears:

Oga, wedding is not marriage...it is only d beginning. when we emphasise wedding above marriage...

That said, op is married with N50k. If u like, spend N10m, u will only end up married. Same as him. QED.

So u believe this poo? Overheating dey do u o

1 Like

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by frisky2good(m): 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2015
I just reason am say Galilee near where the incident happen pass Agege. Na ordinary guess o, I wasn't there.

menix:

Broz u nah Baker??
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by blessingee: 3:09pm On Apr 18, 2015
This op is greater than Jesus. To feed 700 pple with 2 loaves and 5 fishes in this era is an enigma. Did u convert the loaves and fishes to stones?
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by menix(m): 3:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
blessingee:

If u believe this, then I can tell u Ajegunle is the name of a town in China and u will believe it!

Chaii!!!!
U wicket pass Cricket...
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
It can't possible! shocked. Op u. Can lie oooo.
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by blessingee: 3:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
tenry:

Stop abusing him. We cannot all be d same. Let individual organise his/her party as he or she deem fit. I budgeted about 700k for my wedding, I ended up spending 1m. Yet I have a friend who spent 350k for his wedding and there was no difference from mine.

When any of your friends spend 50k for their wedding, be kind enof to inform us.We will like to read the story here!
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by menix(m): 3:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
frisky2good:
I just reason am say Galilee near where the incident happen pass Agege. Na ordinary guess o, I wasn't there.

Com join mii down Orijin joor...
U wise pass d wise man in Galilee...

Omo dis page 5 funny die..
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by olaglamour(f): 3:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
menix:

Seriously, ur Kind re very rare..
All d best..
thanks
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by chexyincx(m): 3:22pm On Apr 18, 2015
Apart from the bride and the groom parent, invite only the two witness and serve only bottle of soft drink and meat pie each for attendants with the assumption that the wedding is going to be conducted at the registry. I bet you, you won't spend above the 50k
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by zomoears(m): 3:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
blessingee:

So u believe this poo? Overheating dey do u o

Can't contribute to a discussion without attempting to insult...how typical.

That said, my point is, d op made a point thru d story, that it's not about how much u spend for d wedding( a one-day ceremony by the way), but the fact that he is married without spending so much. Must of us break our backs to have elaborate ceremonies just to service our larger-than-life egos.

I envy those who are more focused on what makes them tick, and don't give a hoot what others will think about em.
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Kala11(m): 3:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
Acidosis:
No photographs?

Drums of water, concortion rice and bonga fish on a wedding day? You should have settled with Court wedding or Home based blessings.

While trying to play some "IJEBU'' stunts on your guests, you shouldn't have embarrassed yourself.

Meanwhile, I can bet with my head on the fact that OP is an IJEBU man. Those guys are unpredictable.

Couple with the fact that he had NCE in Economics.

That lady must be strong in fate to survive her marriage...one chance grin
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by isalegan2: 3:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
menix:
Ow I wish I can ve such courage.

Had a funny experience, budgeted 1.5million last year buh had a million jan. 2014 instead of proposing nd takin d bull by d horn.
Had 2 postpone d proposing till I get d extra 500k.
While I waited she did not wait nd now I don't even ve d million box nd ve lost out on her.

Wish we culd really learn to cut our boxers to size us..

You were waiting to have enough money until you could do the 'right thing.' Meanwhile she's thinking you lost interest or were just dragging ur feet? Just a thought. Nevertheless, the 'right one' will come along. Hopefully she accepts you for you and not what you have in your account. Be more upfront next time. Be candid. Goodluck.
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by hermeskirs: 3:32pm On Apr 18, 2015
What about Chair and canopy? Your guest seated on the floor abi?

1 Like

Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Tobiustobius: 3:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
This thread is too real abeg. So funny. grin
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by isalegan2: 3:34pm On Apr 18, 2015
nedu2000:
Africans & their "I must marry mentality".....you never get money & ur relying on hope,why not wait till the white collar job comes first,that's how we bring children into this world to suffer!!!*hisses*

So, every man must have a 'white collar job' before he can fulfill his purpose for being on this earth and start a family? And if he's a farmer nko?
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by stinggy(m): 3:39pm On Apr 18, 2015
missbronze:
Dear, dont mind them.

With half of that money, u can comfortably do both white and trad wedding.

And, pls dnt look at what your friends did on their wedding, Do what u want and can afford.

I wont forgive myself if i allow my man waste a million naira on a wedding.

Haba, times are hard ooo.

Even if he is the richest guy on earth.., i will rather prefer he sow it into the lives of d less privileges, than, on a day wedding.

Thought we agreed we'll have it big, are you changing your mind sad
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by deevatee(f): 3:47pm On Apr 18, 2015
grin
dkronicle:

stop thinking like a rabit
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by menix(m): 3:47pm On Apr 18, 2015
isalegan2:

You were waiting to have enough money until you could do the 'right thing.' Meanwhile she's thinking you lost interest or were just dragging ur feet? Just a thought. Nevertheless, the 'right one' will come along. Hopefully she accepts you for you and not what you have in your account. Be more upfront next time. Be candid. Goodluck.

Thanx..
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by helpee(m): 3:48pm On Apr 18, 2015
Even if it is true, you must have had a disgrace of a wedding. You only need to hear what people would be saying behind you. I am not against your marriage but your wedding was not necessary with that budget. You invited 700 people only to starve them. You are not a good xtian. Cut your cloth according to your clothes you had no business inviting 700 people to come and witness the shame you called a wedding. Next time, invite your very close relatives only...maximum of ten. then you can come back to advice us here. With what you did, you are a bad manager of resources. I ma sorry to be so hard on you but that's the true. Nevertheless happy married life
onismate:
I have always been a good Christian. To me my faith permits marriage but I can’t just marry anybody. At 35, marriage was already on my mind. I need it, my body needs it. I have abstained from sex for too long. I had to do something before I fall into the evil hands of the sons of Lucifer. Even though my finances were a little bit low I prayed fervently to God to give me the right person.

Two weeks later I was returning from evangelism, I saw a very beautiful young lady preaching to some group of young menu in the neighbourhood. I decided to come closer to listen to her message very well. I began enjoying her message, she was so fluent. Her beauty didn’t attract me as such, what attracted me the most was her charisma and the way she preached. I decided to sit on one of the empty chairs at the back. After the message, I approached her, we exchanged pleasantries and introduced ourselves, I requested that I should walk her home and she agreed. We chatted and talked as I walked her home. I got to her house and we spent over 2 hours talking. I really enjoyed her company that I requested if we could do a joint evangelism together, she agreed.

As we go to evangelism together we became closer and fond of each other. I was not comfortable with our relationship as just friends. I wanted us to move to the next level.

Behold it happened. I asked her to marry me. She appreciated my courage but asked for little patience for her to go and pray to God about it. On my mind I was very sure that she is the right one for me.

A month later as we were going to visit some of our new converts, she broke the news to me. That she has agreed to marry me. I was just so happy about the good news.

We courted for about 6 months and started the preparations for the traditional rites. It proved a little difficult when we (me and my family) went to see her parents.

They insisted that all the drinks we must bring will be alcohol (ogogoro, sepe), because they are from isoko in Delta state. Isokos love taking alcohol a lot. I totally refused buying any alcohol because it’s outside my faith.

I gave them my own option of what I will do. I told them I can’t buy them alcohol, I will rather give them the money so they can make do with anyhow they like. They refused my offer, they still insisted that I must buy the alcohol if I must marry their daughter. I myself refused too, I told them that in fact I wasn’t interested in the marriage any more if I have to buy alcohol for them. Later on they called me back after 3 months. They said they don’t want anything to stand on their daughter’s way of happiness. They accepted my offer to take the money, and the traditional rites were completed.

We started planning our wedding immediately after the traditional rites, I didn’t want to waste much time about it. I had wanted it to be a month after the traditional rites. Even though I didn’t have much money for the wedding, I had to make do with the little I have. My “wife to be” had just graduated from the university some few months back. She was yet to get a job. I myself was an NCE holder and a class teacher. I only had about N50,000 in my account. I was determined to carry on with the wedding, to manage the little money I have, I had already told her we wouldn’t borrow or beg. We budgeted N30,000 for that wedding while the other N20,000 will be for our upkeep after the wedding while I wait for the result of the interview I did which I believe and sure I would pass very well because they had informed me that before the end of the month they would call me back for the appointment. It is a good, well-paying job. Not forgetting that my fiancé will look for job too to reduce the responsibility on me.

I was so sure that we would have much guests, even unwanted guests too, because it’s a village. I told fiancé is either we give them biscuits and drinks or rice and fish with water as refreshment. We had to cut our coat according to our material.

On the wedding day, our guess was actually right because we had over 700 people as guests including uninvited once. The whole reception hall was packed full. The wedding vows were taking in a scanty church. But the reception! It was a massive turnout.

We made a very beautiful small cake worth N2000, though we didn’t share it because it will not get to everybody. We kept it for just the traditional “Cutting of the cake.” After cutting it, our helpers took it away. Thank God we made use of rice and fresh fish, the people sharing just had to manage it little by little so it could get to everybody. It was 2 bags of rice.

We made available about 7 drums of water. After eating you take water. No drinks or meat were provided. Infact we didn’t have high table and chairman of the occasion.

Finally am happy I was married to the love of my life and the wedding was successful. To those who spent or are spending big budgets for wedding/marriage, borrowing for people to be impressed, at the end of the day all of us have one thing in common! Which is, “We all got married.”

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/978-my-wedding-story-how-we-met-and-did-our-wedding-with-just-little-money-we-had
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by stexsy(m): 3:48pm On Apr 18, 2015
I Myself dont believe ur story....lies
Re: How I My Wife Had Our Wedding With N50k. Its Possible by Godmystrength: 3:51pm On Apr 18, 2015
Interesting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Guys Wash Their Hands With Wine At A Club (Photos) / Kenyan Couple Who Wedded In Tshirts Cry During Lavish 3.5million Wedding (Photo) / Nigerian Man Dies One Week To His White Wedding (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.