Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,717 members, 7,805,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

I Will Create 1million Jobs For Igbo Youths- Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Create 1million Jobs For Igbo Youths- Buhari (954 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Will Continue Agitation For Igbo Nation – Wife / OHANAEZE Youths:buhari Don't Miss This Opportunity / We’ll Use Recovered Money To Create Jobs For Youths – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Create 1million Jobs For Igbo Youths- Buhari by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 26, 2015
In continuation of his campaign ahead of the February general elections, the presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress, APC, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), has promised to create one million jobs for Igbo youths.

The APC candidate said he would achieve such feat by revamping huge coal deposits in Enugu State for generation of electricity and export.

According to a statement made available to DAILY POST, Buhari spoke at the Enugu West APC zonal rally on Saturday, where he was represented by the spokesman of the party in the South East, Osita Okechukwu.

He explained that the coal industry would be revamped with the objective of generating electricity to serve the entire South East.

He assured them that he would award the contract immediately he comes into office, to avoid the mistakes of the Peoples Democratic Party, which he said squandered over N2b voted for a coal project between 2012 and 2014.

Speaking through Okechukwu, Buharia said, “We are banking on huge coal deposits located at Amasiodo, Inyi and Leje axis of Enugu Coal belt.

“We are going to award contract for mining and construction of coal-fired-power-plant unlike PDP that since 1999 promised to revamp the coal fields and 16 years after, nothing has been done.

“We believe that coal is the most abundant fossil fuel in Enugu State and Enugu Coal is one of the most qualitative Coal brand in the world, which means that while some are used to generate electricity, some will be exported,” he said.

The former head of state said his objective is to create one million jobs directly and indirectly from the coal sector, as ancillary projects will follow.

He added that, “My idea is to emulate the Taichung Coal-Fired-Power-Plant in Taiwan, the largest coal power station in the world.

“Coal supplies 46 per cent electricity in the United States and over 60 per cent electricity in China – it is callous to abandon such golden treasury.

“For 16 years, every election Igbos voted for PDP and yet, the coal belt remains untapped, hence there is no commensurate reward.

“In 2014 budget for instance, over N600bn capital projects were executed in South South, while less than N200bn was executed in the South East, is that equity and justice?”

Also speaking at the rally, APC vice chairman in Enugu East, Anike Nwoga, expressed confidence that Buhari would win the presidential election.

Nwoga said, “Many of you are catholics, did you hear what Father Mbaka said? Every patriot must vote for APC.”

UNIPORT reacts to Jonathan’s PhD controversy, says it is baseless
The statement disclosed that three senatorial candidates from other political parties – Chukwu Ijeoma of All Progressives Grand Alliance, Mabel Onwukwe of Labour Party, and Nwabuike Oliver of Advanced Congress of Democrats – endorsed Buhari as their candidate for the February 14 presidential election at the rally.

www.dailypost.ng/2015/01/25/ill-give-igbo-youths-one-million-jobs-buhari/
Re: I Will Create 1million Jobs For Igbo Youths- Buhari by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 26, 2015
what about Yoruba youths,are we not part of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: I Will Create 1million Jobs For Igbo Youths- Buhari by Mbag(m): 8:08am On Jan 26, 2015
Creating 1000000 job for Igbo youth. another political scam.
Re: I Will Create 1million Jobs For Igbo Youths- Buhari by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 26, 2015
prettydiva89:
I was about asking that, he keep promising igbos everything just to cover his tribal biaseness.
Re: I Will Create 1million Jobs For Igbo Youths- Buhari by ruggedboy01: 8:10am On Jan 26, 2015
Hmmm! why do all politicians want igbo's vote
Re: I Will Create 1million Jobs For Igbo Youths- Buhari by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 26, 2015
menabadoo:
I was about asking that, he keep promising igbos everything just to cover his tribal biaseness.
And he didn't even hid that till after the election
Re: I Will Create 1million Jobs For Igbo Youths- Buhari by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 26, 2015
prettydiva89:

And he didn't even hid that till after the election
I wonder how many jobs he created for even his Hausa people when was head of states.

1 Like

Re: I Will Create 1million Jobs For Igbo Youths- Buhari by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 26, 2015
menabadoo:
I wonder how many jobs he created for even his Hausa people when was head of states.
i will keep watching if he will provide the jobs for them

1 Like

Re: I Will Create 1million Jobs For Igbo Youths- Buhari by fresh15: 8:47am On Jan 26, 2015
Buhari is at it again!Lies,Lies,deception.When will he change?He is just making empty promises.What plans does he have to be able to achieve that?Nigerians and indeed Igbos know that Buhari is not capable of creating 1million jobs for all Nigerians let alone for Igbos.The only man who has done it and who can still do even more is President Jonathan.
Re: I Will Create 1million Jobs For Igbo Youths- Buhari by HzRF(m): 9:16am On Jan 26, 2015
prettydiva89:
Help me ask
Re: I Will Create 1million Jobs For Igbo Youths- Buhari by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 26, 2015
HzRF:

Help me ask
make op go ask him
Re: I Will Create 1million Jobs For Igbo Youths- Buhari by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 26, 2015
prettydiva89:

make op go ask him
I think daily post is in the best position to ask.
Re: I Will Create 1million Jobs For Igbo Youths- Buhari by Oziddy: 9:33am On Jan 26, 2015
[/b] What kinda job does he have in mind, mind u, old general, we can't rear cattles. [b] grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Will Create 1million Jobs For Igbo Youths- Buhari by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 26, 2015
Oziddy:
What kinda job does he have on mind, mind u, old generals, we can't rear castles. grin grin
lolz see the ungrateful igbos
Re: I Will Create 1million Jobs For Igbo Youths- Buhari by gratiaeo(m): 9:45am On Jan 26, 2015
He should first settle his almajiri backward community before talking about the Igbo’s. CREATIVITY that is our second name

How many jobs did he create for the Almanjiris in the North? Charity begins at home, Mr. Buhari. Please, present your certificate to show your competency for the job of presidency.
Re: I Will Create 1million Jobs For Igbo Youths- Buhari by Ngwakwe: 9:55am On Jan 26, 2015
From antecedents, I am afraid this is untrue.

Buhari nearly replicated Awolowo's Wartime Economic suffocation of South-East in 1984/85.

Buhari reminds me of hunger and kwashiorkor that killed approximately 2 million defenceless women of Biafra extraction.

Buhari may be true this time around but can never be trusted hence I can't put my bet on him.
Re: I Will Create 1million Jobs For Igbo Youths- Buhari by mrborntodoit: 10:03am On Jan 26, 2015
Hmmmm.... Ethnic bigot, aren't will all one ? Will you create 1million jobs for igbos,1million jobs for yorubas and 1millions for Hausas . What about other ethnic groups ? So you want to separate us according to our tribes?

Nigeria doesn't need this old locomotive brain called Buhari .

Shine your eyes my people.

(1) (Reply)

Sins Of Buhari / Breaking News- Buhari Attend Council Of State Meeting / Obanikoro Rubbishes Saharareporters Audio Tape On Ekiti Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.