Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,955 members, 7,803,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church (17916 Views)

Photo: A Teacher Punishing Some Students For Noise Making / The Easiest University To Get Admission For Medicine And Surgery In Nigeria / Redeemers University Students Fetching Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by lalasticlala(m): 10:34am On Jan 26, 2015
Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students, Including Asthma Patient For Not Attending Church

According to sources, Redeemers University is about to suspend 22 students today for missing church activities. The source who informed us said one of the students who missed not going to church had asthma attack and missed it, but their porters felt it’s none of their business. The students have been asked to go and inform their parents of the suspension and parents are planning to storm the school this morning. This is what they are fighting for. The school’s students handbook already made it clear that ‘Absence from corporate worship hours’ will attract a deduction of 10points from the offenders total 100 points.

So parents now wonder why the school is planning to suspend them, which will make them not seat for their forthcoming exams and will also make them cough out another N400,000 as school fees. Above is what one of them sent, underlining the penalty for their offense, which clearly says it’s a reduction of 10points.

The source also made it clear that she is very much aware that Pastor Adeboye does not know how some of these porters victimize some of the students. She said when the bold ones among them confronted their porters that their offence does not warrant a suspension, they told them, we know, we just want to make you scape goats.

http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2015/01/redeemers-university-to-suspend-22.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by SeverusSnape(m): 10:36am On Jan 26, 2015
My friend Amarachi!! shocked

Hope you went to church yesterday

Oh my God!...Let me call her!

Modified: I just called her, She went.
But must one go to church?
All these Missionary universities are just glorified Secondary schools. undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by pekeyim: 10:37am On Jan 26, 2015
Sorry oh,

But. How does that affect their performance?

It's been a Long time coming.......

GEJ till 2019!!!!

The Best President we've ever produced.

Instead of sending His kids abroad like GMB with just 150 Cows they are in Nigeria.

Btw GMB has been part of this Nigerian Govt since 1975 - PTF days with the Corrupt Abacha. I guess it's "Change" to the old fashioned ways of "Frog jumping"

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by BasseyJ(m): 10:38am On Jan 26, 2015
Loolz, very funny. I can even count the number of times I attended church throughout my 4years in uni and didn't get suspended, be like na theology college they dey go

1 Like

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by eleko1: 10:41am On Jan 26, 2015
sad : sad
Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 26, 2015
How will this encourage them to start attending church

6 Likes

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by AJOT99(m): 10:50am On Jan 26, 2015
I think its necessary

1 Like

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by tundeayo2020: 10:51am On Jan 26, 2015

Lalasticlala

Redeemers University Senior secondary school To
Suspend 22 Students, Including
Asthma Patient For Not
Attending Church
better

19 Likes

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by demelza: 10:51am On Jan 26, 2015
This one worse pass my boarding school. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by tundeayo2020: 10:52am On Jan 26, 2015
jackpot:
just passing
...………….._.---._
………… '…………’
…………/……………\
…………\ (@) (@) /
……… ….\ . ..A . .../
……………..) ....,,(
……………\ """"" /
………….....`. _ .'
……… ……….=.
… … .---._.-.=.-._.---.
…… ./ ':-(_.-: :-._)-:` \
… …/ /' (__.-: :-.__)`\ \
… ./ / (___.-` '-.___) '\ \
… / /. (___.-'^`-.___).\\
. / /.. (___.-'=`-.___)..\ \
./ /… (____.'=`.____)…\\
/ / … ' (___. '=`.___)……\ \
(_.;……`----'.=.`----'… …;_)
;|| … … ( `.-.=.-.' ) … … '||;
;|| … …… \ `.=.' / … …… ||;
;||………… \ .=. /…… … …||;
;||…… .-`.`-._.-'.'-……… ||;
::\...... ( ,): O Osad, )…… /:;:
|||| … / /'`’---'--'` \ \ … ' ||||
‘''''… ' / / ……… ……\ \ … ''''’’
........../ / …… …………\ \
......../ /………… … ……\ \
....../ /…… …… … … … \ \
..../ / …… ……… … …… \ \
../ /……… …… … …… … \ \
./.' …… …… … … … …… `.\
.(_)’ … …… …… …… ….`(_)
..\\ ……… ………………… //
...\\ ………… … ………… //
....\\ ……… …… ……… //
.....\\ ……… …………. //
......\\ ……………… …//
.......\\ …… …………//
.......///) ……………(\\\
.....,///' ……… …… `\\\,
...../// …………………`\\\
....""' …………………… '""

englishmart:
don't tell me this is creativity
faints

2 Likes

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 26, 2015
Adeboye should call his over zealous 'ushers' disguising as porters, to order.
Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by Estellar: 10:54am On Jan 26, 2015
Why are they complaining They signed up for this. But seriously this is bull.shit after paying so much u get suspended for missing sunday service. Una no want make offering complete nai make una nor go church

2 Likes

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by PerfumeRepublik: 11:18am On Jan 26, 2015
These church schools sef..

1 Like

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by shadyemmanuel(m): 11:26am On Jan 26, 2015
lalasticlala (m)
Is dis d male version of lalasticlala?
Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by gunuvi(m): 11:44am On Jan 26, 2015
Nonsense! Serves them right. They have options of going to a public of moderate university they didn't and now they want to cry foul. If you are in rome, you act like romans.

1 Like

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by kingopta(m): 11:48am On Jan 26, 2015
is this necessary?.....Cos i think they shouldnt be forced to goto church
Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by dmjinc(m): 12:38pm On Jan 26, 2015
kingopta:
is this necessary?.....Cos i think they shouldnt be forced to goto church
a punishable act....

1 Like

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 26, 2015
this is lalastically! why would dey suspension dem now? undecided undecided
Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by wendycindy(f): 1:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
Glorified secondary school... Smh

4 Likes

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by adet991(f): 1:28pm On Jan 26, 2015
Biko,is not going to church a sin?

3 Likes

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by jackpot(f): 1:58pm On Jan 26, 2015
attendance signing for church ke?

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by jackpot(f): 2:02pm On Jan 26, 2015
just passing
...………….._.---._
………… '…………’
…………/……………\
…………\ (@) (@) /
……… ….\ . ..A . .../
……………..) ....,,(
……………\ """"" /
………….....`. _ .'
……… ……….=.
… … .---._.-.=.-._.---.
./ /… (____.'=`.____)…\\
;||………… \ .=. /…… … …||;
........../ / …… …………\ \
......../ /………… … ……\ \
....../ /…… …… … … … \ \
..../ / …… ……… … …… \ \
../ /……… …… … …… … \ \
./.' …… …… … … … …… `.\
.(_)’ … …… …… …… ….`(_)
..\\ ……… ………………… //
...\\ ………… … ………… //
....\\ ……… …… ……… //
.....\\ ……… …………. //
......\\ ……………… …//
.......\\ …… …………//
.......///) ……………(\\\
.....,///' ……… …… `\\\,
...../// …………………`\\\
....""' …………………… '""

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by MillionDollars: 3:27pm On Jan 26, 2015
lol!! Our HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOLS

1 Like

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by englishmart(m): 3:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
I'm withdrawing my dog from that school today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by englishmart(m): 3:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
jackpot:
just passing
...………….._.---._
………… '…………’
…………/……………\
…………\ (@) (@) /
……… ….\ . ..A . .../
……………..) ....,,(
……………\ """"" /
………….....`. _ .'
……… ……….=.
… … .---._.-.=.-._.---.
./ /… (____.'=`.____)…\\
;||………… \ .=. /…… … …||;
........../ / …… …………\ \
......../ /………… … ……\ \
....../ /…… …… … … … \ \
..../ / …… ……… … …… \ \
../ /……… …… … …… … \ \
./.' …… …… … … … …… `.\
.(_)’ … …… …… …… ….`(_)
..\\ ……… ………………… //
...\\ ………… … ………… //
....\\ ……… …… ……… //
.....\\ ……… …………. //
......\\ ……………… …//
.......\\ …… …………//
.......///) ……………(\\\
.....,///' ……… …… `\\\,
...../// …………………`\\\
....""' …………………… '""
don't tell me this is creativity

6 Likes

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 26, 2015
Smh
Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 26, 2015
In as much the law is draconia in nature,the students are to blame for it.

If in Rome,behave like the romans..they saw in it the application form,so they have to abide with rules of the school.

If they aren't satisfied,exit is an option.

3 Likes

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 26, 2015
lol advanced secondary school

2 Likes

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by Brightology2(m): 7:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
Eh
Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by princessnora: 7:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
This is serious issues! Why all this? Church na by force?

1 Like

Re: Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church by searay(m): 7:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
Yes, because I'm yet to collect my PVC

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Reason why Apprenticeship Is Better Than College Degree / This Is Uniuyo Departmental Admission Cut-off Point 2013/2014 in view (de Kemcy) / Cultism In Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.