Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,874 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. (71726 Views)

"Nobody Can Stop Us From Moving Our Cattle Around Nigeria"-fulani Herdsmen Warns / Shocking: See The Horrifying New Map Of The World According To ISIS / See New Map Of Nigeria With 19 More States Proposed By National Confab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by BecomeRich: 4:45pm On Dec 24, 2008
Nigeria, officially the Federal Republic of Nigeria, is a federal constitutional republic comprising 27 states and one Federal Capital Territory. The country is located in West Africa and shares land borders with the Republic of Benin in the west, Chad and Cameroon in the east, and Niger in the north. Its coast lies on the Gulf of Guinea, part of the Atlantic Ocean, in the south. The capital city is Abuja. The two largest and most influential ethnic groups in Nigeria are the Hausa and Igbo. An in January 2009 the Wonderful president of Nigeria , Umaru Yar adua handed over the yoruba part of nigeria to the republic of benin.

Demographics

Ethno-linguistic groups
Nigeria has more than 210 ethnic groups, with varying languages and customs, creating a country of rich ethnic diversity. The largest ethnic groups are the Fulani/Hausa 50%,  Igbo 20%, accounting for 30% of population, while the  Ijaw (10%), Kanuri, Ibibio,  Nupe and Tiv comprise 27%; other minorities make up the remaining 7 percent.[52] The middle belt of Nigeria is known for its diversity of ethnic groups, including the Pyem, Goemai, and Kofyar.

There are small minorities of British, Americans, East Indians, Chinese, Japanese, Syrian, Lebanese and refugees and immigrants from other West African or East African nations. These minorities mostly reside in major cities such as Lagos and Abuja, or in the Niger Delta as employees for the major oil companies. A number of Cubans settled Nigeria as political refugees following the Cuban Revolution. A number of them include Afro-Cubans and mixed-raced Cubans.[citation needed]

The United Nations estimates that the population in 2004 was at 81,530,000,[47] with the population distributed as 48.3% Urban and 51.7% rural and population density at 139 people per square km. National census results in the past few decades have been disputed. The results of the most recent census by the Government of Nigeria have been released December 29, 2006. The census gave a population of 107,003,542. The only breakdown available was Total: 107,003,542

Ethnic groups in Nigeria

Annang  · Aulliminden  · Berom  ·   · Buduma  · Defaka  · Djerma  ·   · Efik  · Eket  · Ekoi  · Eleme  ·   · Fon  · Fula  · Gwari  · Hausa  · Ibibio  · Idoma  · Igala  · Igbo  · Ijaw  · · Jukun  · Kanuri  · Kilba  · Kirdi  · Kofyar  · Mumuye  · Nupe  · Ogoni  · Tarok  · Tiv  ·

States of Nigeria, there are a total of 27 states in Nigeria and then Abuja, the federal capital territory.States: 18 northerner state. and 9 southern.

Abia
Adamawa
Akwa Ibom
Anambra
Bauchi
Bayelsa
Benue
Borno
Cross River
Ebonyi
Enugu
Gombe
Imo
Jigawa
Kaduna
Kano
Katsina
Kebbi
Nasarawa
Niger
Plateau
Rivers
Sokoto
Taraba
Yobe
Zamfara

Federal Capital Territory: Abuja

Subdivisions
Main articles: States of Nigeria, Local Government Areas of Nigeria, and List of cities in Nigeria
Nigeria is divided into 27 states and one Federal Capital Territory, which are further sub-divided into 474 Local Government Areas (LGAs). The plethora of states, of which there were only three at independence, reflect the country's tumultuous history and the difficulties of managing such a heterogeneous national entity at all levels of government.

Nigeria has six cities with a population of over 1 million people (from largest to smallest: Kano,  Kaduna, Port Harcourt, Enugu, Aba,Abuja,Maiduguri). kano is the largest city in Nigeria, with a population of over 10 million in its urban area alone. Population of Nigeria's cities over a million include  Kano (3,848,885),  Kaduna (1,652,844), Port Harcourt (1,320,214),  Maiduguri (1,044,497) and Zaria (1,018,827)

Economy
Main article: Economy of Nigeria

Nigerian Stock ExchangeNigeria is classified as an emerging market, and is rapidly approaching middle income status[citation needed], with its abundant supply of resources, well-developed financial, legal, communications, transport sectors and stock exchange (the Nigerian Stock Exchange), which is the second largest in Africa. Nigeria is ranked 37th in the world in terms of GDP (PPP) as of 2007. Nigeria is the United States' largest trading partner in sub-Saharan Africa and supplies a fifth of its oil (11% of oil imports). It has the seventh-largest trade surplus with the US. of any country worldwide. Nigeria is currently the 50th-largest export market for US. goods and the 14th-largest exporter of goods to the US. The United States is the country's largest foreign investor.[44]

Sport

Nigerian football fans at a football match between the Ghanaian and Nigerian football team.Main article: Football in Nigeria
Like many nations, football is Nigeria's national sport. There is also a local Premier League of football. Nigeria's national football team, known as the Super Eagles, has made the World Cup on three occasions 1994, 1998, and 2002, won the African Cup of Nations in 1980 and 1994, and also hosted the Junior World Cup. They won the gold medal for football in the 1996 Summer Olympics (in which they beat Argentina) and have reached the finals of the Under-20 World Championship in 2005. In September 2007, Nigeria won the Under-17 World cup for the third time, becoming the only African nation to have achieved that feat and the second nation (after Brazil) to do so. Nigeria had previously won the very first Under-17 tournament in 1985 (China '85), 1993 (Japan '93) and in 2007 (Korea '07).

The nation's cadet team to Japan '93, produced some of the world's finest players notably Nwankwo Kanu, a two-time African Footballer of the year who won the European Champions League with Ajax Amsterdam and later played with Inter Milan (Italy), Arsenal FC (London, UK), West Bromwich Albion (UK) and Portsmouth F.C. (UK). Other players that graduated from the Junior teams are Celestine Babayaro (of Newcastle United, UK),

According to the official September 2007 FIFA World Rankings, Nigeria is currently First-ranked football nation in Africa and the 19th highest in the world. Nigeria is also involved in other sports such as basketball and track and field.[67] Boxing is also an important sport in Nigeria; currently, Samuel Peter is the World Heavyweight Champion.

Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Muza(m): 5:02pm On Dec 24, 2008
Big fool,
if wishes were horses . . .
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by oderemo(m): 5:04pm On Dec 24, 2008
the last state that will fall in line is not going to be rivers, so back 2 the drawing table my frd.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by bashali: 5:11pm On Dec 24, 2008
Muzu waha
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Frizy(m): 5:22pm On Dec 24, 2008
bashali:

Muzu wahala , I don't think you are from north. If you are from the north why are you alway against the progress of our people. Are you stupid to see, if we cut of the useless yoruba people half of our problem with be solve. Which oil do they have. Nothing, Let them go as alone as we fulani/hausa is majority.

What do you what, we need the sea and oil. so this is good for my alhaji. If i am umaru walahi allah, i would cut of the yoruba people and all their thiefs would go gone. And we don't not need any problem from them wole soyinka and gani and all their june 12 problem.

For me is his lafia and I am happy with this map. Just like we remove fura, i want them remove. It is good for our people.

I don't know why people love divisions, I hate tribalistic stereotypes. angry
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Muza(m): 5:22pm On Dec 24, 2008
are u bash ali the boxer that wanted to enter the guiness book of records?  grin

Ni bahaushe ne sosai,
kana ganin nijeria za ta rabu yanzu,its not as easy as u think.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Frizy(m): 5:23pm On Dec 24, 2008
The two largest and most influential ethnic groups in Nigeria are the Hausa and Igbo

What is the basis for this conclusion. undecided
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Muza(m): 5:27pm On Dec 24, 2008
Influence?
look at the political history. grin
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Frizy(m): 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2008
Muza:

Influence?
look at the political history. grin

Ok, looking at the political history I guess it is fair for me to say the hausa leaders who have been responsible for ruling the people of Nigeria are solely the root of the problem Nigeria is facing. Abacha, Babangida, Atiku, Shagari, Umaru and it goes on. Look at all this people, what positive growth have they brought to Nigeria after decades of leadership, because I don't know what influence means when there happens to be a negative growth. tongue
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by bashali: 5:50pm On Dec 24, 2008
And muzu look at it this way. the population would change, our people would have 74 million and the south would be 30 million. what is not good about that. tell me . everything is possible walahi. even the prophet said so. let the useless yorubas go. we have more money to our people. they decieve themself they have oil, oil in amala , useless people.

i love this map. i want those useless people out of nigeria.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by bashali: 5:59pm On Dec 24, 2008
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Frizy(m): 6:06pm On Dec 24, 2008
bashali:

And muzu look at it this way. the population would change, our people would have 74 million and the south would be 30 million. what is not good about that. tell me . everything is possible walahi. even the prophet said so. let the useless yorubas go. we have more money to our people. they decieve themself they have oil, oil in amala , useless people.

i love this map. i want those useless people out of nigeria.

bashali:

walahi, i would want it to happen. so that when Umaru leave office, we can replace him easy with an igboman like Senator Ike Ekweremadu, who i think is honest and would fight for our people. then all this useless yoruba amala people.

I believe umaru should drop jonathan in 2011 and have Senator Ike Ekweremadu if he Senator Ike Ekweremadu can remove the useless yorubas from nigeria. walahi, the other times i was in lagos. useless people. i would prefer to go to port harcourt and do business than the useless not to plan place.

muzu it is easy for us to please the igbo than this useless yorubas,
. angry

You just keep repeating useless yoruba, useless yoruba. What has been your own personal usefulness to the country? undecided. Damn it! And you bring the prophet into this, am sure Allah is cursing you already because the prophet wasn't tribalistic. People like you, are even worse than the white supremacists. angry

1 Like

Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by oderemo(m): 6:11pm On Dec 24, 2008
i can bet the guy is actually a Yoruba man in disguise . undecided tongue
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by bashali: 6:15pm On Dec 24, 2008
shut up, they want to go, let them go. period. who is been tribalist. We want them out less trouble for our lifes. It makes it easy for Umaru to win 2011 election. And if they go. it is the best.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Frizy(m): 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2008
bashali:

shut up, they want to go, let them go. period. who is been tribalist. We want them out less trouble for our lifes. It makes it easy for Umaru to win 2011 election. And if they go. it is the best.

You know, I just see how shallow a man can be. My belief for any nation is to build empires from surrounding neighbors to accept its governance. Look at Greece, Rome, Persia, the Soviet Union, and even U.S today. If I was the president of this country, I swear I will strip you off your fcuken citizenship. angry
You're counter-productive. tongue
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Muza(m): 6:25pm On Dec 24, 2008
Amma bash kana son umaru ya ci 2011,baka jin kunyan abuna da ke faruwa yanzu a kasan,har mutane na cewa gara obj.
Ni da arewa ne,amma ina gaya ma umaru zai lalata kasan nan.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by tpia: 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2008
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by bashali: 6:39pm On Dec 24, 2008
na suna ka muzu, obj barawo, yoruba barawo, not something i want to talk about over the internet. but this map better. ko ba kaba. walahi dey are useless people.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by tpia: 6:48pm On Dec 24, 2008
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Uche2005: 7:29pm On Dec 24, 2008
Tpia, shut up. you stupid yoruba woman, we the igbos love hausa people and I am speaking on behalf of igbo worldwide and internation and continental, we the igbos love this map.

This map would allow us igbos to be president after Yar adu leaves office, So what are you talking about. Without the yorubas in the equate our people can be president. You stupid yoruba woman.

Cut the igbati igbati people from nigeria.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by tpia: 7:53pm On Dec 24, 2008
another looney toon typing from the looney bin.

Una craze don pass go.

so you think picking an Igbo user name makes you igbo?

what a cowardly spineless clown. Them full ground. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by romeo(m): 8:36pm On Dec 24, 2008
Uche2005:

Tpia, shut up. you stupid yoruba woman, we the igbos love hausa people and I am speaking on behalf of igbo worldwide and internation and continental, we the igbos love this map.

This map would allow us igbos to be president after Yar adu leaves office, So what are you talking about. Without the yorubas in the equate our people can be president. You stupid yoruba woman.

Cut the igbati igbati people from nigeria.

We the Igbos really love our Yoruba, Hausa, Efik, Ijaw, Uhrobo, Bini, Nupe, Fulani, (even that Gamine own going extinct, Uneme!!) Brothers

Igbo President or not, The day our people(Nigeria) will have steady power, enough food on the table, portable water from tap, good roads and adequate health care is the day tribalism and hate will diminish.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Uche2005: 9:03pm On Dec 24, 2008
romea you cant be igbo. No true son of igbo land would kill against igbo presidency agenda. Dont you know if we are able to kick the yoruba out with our only son senator Ike in charge in the process, Ike may end up president after Yar Adua.

You are stupid. you dont know politics. You are really stupid. have you look at the merit involve. Look if we help Yar Adua to remove the igbeti igbeti people the north have no choice then trade with the igbo. And we would have more oil for ourself . How many igbo men are in the oil business tell me.

We would take over the oil business when we remove the yorubas from Nigeria. Oma ra what I am saying.

If Zik have been wise like wise and he support belewa to put the Yoruba out. where do you think all the develop would be. idiot, it would be in Obodo. You are really stupid. Stupid guy. How can you claim you are an igbo guy. Idiot or you idiot have marry one of the igbeti igbeti people.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Uche2005: 9:19pm On Dec 24, 2008
see picture , we would not miss the them
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by asha80(m): 9:20pm On Dec 24, 2008
@uche2005
What makes you think that igbos would want to stay with hausas in tha same country if yorubas decide to opt out?

Make quota system o see this map drawn here.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Uche2005: 9:27pm On Dec 24, 2008
Because we love the hausa. you see if yar adua finish his term, where do you think the president would fall too, if the yorubas are not there again? idiot. you no get head.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Muza(m): 9:28pm On Dec 24, 2008
asha 80:

@uche2005
What makes you think that igbos would want to stay with hausas in tha same country if yorubas decide to opt out?

Make quota system o see this map drawn here.

u mean quota the number 1 bigot of NL grin
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by RibaduFan(m): 9:31pm On Dec 24, 2008
Becomerich just took over from quotasyste
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Frizy(m): 9:35pm On Dec 24, 2008
romeo:

We the Igbos really love our Yoruba, Hausa, Efik, Ijaw, Uhrobo, Bini, Nupe, Fulani, (even that Gamine own going extinct, Uneme!!) Brothers

Igbo President or not, The day our people(Nigeria) will have steady power, enough food on the table, portable water from tap, good roads and adequate health care is the day tribalism and hate will diminish.

This has been the most sensible comment on this thread. grin. Besides my own. grin grin
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Sagamite(m): 9:36pm On Dec 24, 2008
Why are some of you falling for this scam with people pretending to be from certain tribes they are not from?

Ignore the spineless morons.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by asha80(m): 9:37pm On Dec 24, 2008
Because we love the hausa. you see if yar adua finish his term, where do you think the president would fall too, if the yorubas are not there again? idiot. you no get head.

You and who? Go and tell that to the igbos u find anywhere and watch their reaction.
Re: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. by Frizy(m): 9:56pm On Dec 24, 2008
Am just getting to know this poster Becomerich is yoruba. I felt he is hausa trying to throw yorubas out.

@Becomerich

I just read some of your "hate" post against the hausas. My guy, who told you that yorubas want to leave Nigeria? Damn it! What about the oil! Are you out of your mind. You want us to leave Nigeria and join Benin republic? What is Benin? Do you think Yorubas reckon with people like this? What is their economy like? What about my hausa friends- Ahmed, Aisha, Musa, Husein and Ibrahim. Do you want me to apply for visa's before I see friends I cherished all my life. angry. Just be very careful because Yorubas like me will only choose to alienate you from the Yorubas to join your beloved Benin Republic. Who told you that lucbracis is not Yoruba? He is my friend, and I know him better than you. tongue

You think Yorubas want this shit you posted? . Please, Yorubas want opportunities filled in the East, and anything ready to be exploited from neighboring tribes, not seclusion. Get it? angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Touching Photo Of A Nigerian Soldier Praying Before Battle With Boko Haram(Pic) / Chief Of Army Staff Doing Push Ups With Soldiers(photo) / Ayo Fayose’s Daughter's Wedding To Odunlade Royal Family. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.