Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Breakingnews: Probe Buhari Over Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breakingnews: Probe Buhari Over Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP (1312 Views)

‘No Provision For Acting Chairman In EFCC Act’ - Senior Lawyers / I’m Ready For Probe - Buhari / Probe Buhari Over Forged Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breakingnews: Probe Buhari Over Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP by teufelein(f): 11:04am On Jan 26, 2015
[size=13pt]BreakingNews: Probe Buhari over certificate, senior lawyers task IGP[/size]

COALITION of senior lawyers, led by Chief Amaechi Nwaiwu, has called on the Inspector-General of Police, Suleiman Abba, to investigate alleged forgery of certificate by the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, with a view to prosecuting those involved if prima facie case is established against them.

The coalition addressed a press conference in Abuja, on Sunday, saying it was concerned about the need to ensure a credible electoral process according to law of the country.

Nwaiwu, who read a prepared text, observed that Buhari had filled on the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) CF001 form that he possessed a West African Secondary School Certificate and consequently swore to an affidavit that all his academic qualifications were with the secretary of the Military Board.

The coalition recalled that the military had, however, denied being in possession of either the original, certified true copy or photocopy of the credentials, while revealing that Buhari’s application to join the Army was endorsed by the principal of his school, who wrote: “I consider that Buhari will pass West African School Certificate with credits in English, Maths and three other subjects.”

Nwaiwu also noted that from the military’s record, Buhari’s claim of obtaining a West African School Certificate with credit in five subjects was made at the point of documentation after commissioning as an officer in 1961, but he ommitted Mathematics, “an attempt to conceal his non-qualification for commissioning into the officers cadre of the Nigerian Army.”

The lawyers added: “The University of Cambridge result sheet attached to the school result released by Government College (Pilot), Katsina, has an alteration on the Mathematics column, which suggests an attempt at concealment.

“The result sheet which was attributed to Cambridge examination body and released by Buhari’s former school is clearly a super imposition of one document on another. The column lines on the part where names are printed do not align with the ones on the blank columns, while there is an introduction of extraneous lines on some other columns.

“The document which was purported to have been made in the 60s, contains computer prints on one section, while the other section was handwritten.”

The lawyers pointed out that Nigeria was a state based on principles of democracy and social justice, noting sovereignty belonged to the people of Nigeria, from whom government, through the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria derived its power and authority.

Giving the legal interpretation of what constitutes school certificate and its equivalent, Nwaiwu said Nigerians had the right to ensure that persons contesting to rule them were qualified.

He added: “Where there is an allegation of forgery, the Nigeria Police have the powers on a complaint to investigate, interrogate and prosecute any person found to have committed forgery of a document or committed perjury.

“The Nigeria Police under Section 214 of the Constitution and the Police Act have the powers and duty to investigate and prosecute such offences.

“We call on the Inspector-General of Police to investigate, interrogate and prosecute any person upon a complaint found to have committed perjury or forgery of school certificate.

“Having relied on the school certificate, it has to be produced and not only a statement of result.”

The coalition similarly called on the police boss to investigate reported cases of forgery of Permanent Voters Cards (PVCs), which he noted was fundamental to the exercise of franchise by the citizens.

Other lawyers present at the briefing were Ibrahim Idris, Stefan Ewubare, Prince Chukwudi Oli, Ezinwa Agbada, Femi Motojesi and Benjamin Barau.
http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/27726-probe-buhari-over-certificate-senior-lawyers-task-igp
Re: Breakingnews: Probe Buhari Over Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP by SeverusSnape(m): 11:06am On Jan 26, 2015
Yes...He need to be probed.
His entrance into the army is akin to a thief entering a house through a window.
They think releasing a forged result will calm the issue, They thought wrong, The issue has been aggravated.

Buhari is a FORGER not a SOLDIER.

5 Likes

Re: Breakingnews: Probe Buhari Over Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP by lovesamzy: 11:09am On Jan 26, 2015
waiting to hear the feedback from APC

1 Like

Re: Breakingnews: Probe Buhari Over Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP by ifeanyiso(m): 11:15am On Jan 26, 2015
Distraction every where.........probe,attack,counter attack,propagander,betrayer,prophecy, certificate, thesis, watin we never hear because of this FEB14 election. Can't wait for this election to be history joor. Kilode?
Re: Breakingnews: Probe Buhari Over Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP by lukecent: 11:15am On Jan 26, 2015
Nsogbu di

#GEJ 2015
Re: Breakingnews: Probe Buhari Over Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP by dominoastley: 11:26am On Jan 26, 2015
What are Nigerian Police wait for investigating Buhari's certificate... pls, do my hear is aching me oooh quote author=teufelein post=30144656][size=13pt]BreakingNews: Probe Buhari over certificate, senior lawyers task IGP[/size]

COALITION of senior lawyers, led by Chief Amaechi Nwaiwu, has called on the Inspector-General of Police, Suleiman Abba, to investigate alleged forgery of certificate by the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, with a view to prosecuting those involved if prima facie case is established against them.

The coalition addressed a press conference in Abuja, on Sunday, saying it was concerned about the need to ensure a credible electoral process according to law of the country.

Nwaiwu, who read a prepared text, observed that Buhari had filled on the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) CF001 form that he possessed a West African Secondary School Certificate and consequently swore to an affidavit that all his academic qualifications were with the secretary of the Military Board.

The coalition recalled that the military had, however, denied being in possession of either the original, certified true copy or photocopy of the credentials, while revealing that Buhari’s application to join the Army was endorsed by the principal of his school, who wrote: “I consider that Buhari will pass West African School Certificate with credits in English, Maths and three other subjects.”

Nwaiwu also noted that from the military’s record, Buhari’s claim of obtaining a West African School Certificate with credit in five subjects was made at the point of documentation after commissioning as an officer in 1961, but he ommitted Mathematics, “an attempt to conceal his non-qualification for commissioning into the officers cadre of the Nigerian Army.”

The lawyers added: “The University of Cambridge result sheet attached to the school result released by Government College (Pilot), Katsina, has an alteration on the Mathematics column, which suggests an attempt at concealment.

“The result sheet which was attributed to Cambridge examination body and released by Buhari’s former school is clearly a super imposition of one document on another. The column lines on the part where names are printed do not align with the ones on the blank columns, while there is an introduction of extraneous lines on some other columns.

“The document which was purported to have been made in the 60s, contains computer prints on one section, while the other section was handwritten.”

The lawyers pointed out that Nigeria was a state based on principles of democracy and social justice, noting sovereignty belonged to the people of Nigeria, from whom government, through the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria derived its power and authority.

Giving the legal interpretation of what constitutes school certificate and its equivalent, Nwaiwu said Nigerians had the right to ensure that persons contesting to rule them were qualified.

He added: “Where there is an allegation of forgery, the Nigeria Police have the powers on a complaint to investigate, interrogate and prosecute any person found to have committed forgery of a document or committed perjury.

“The Nigeria Police under Section 214 of the Constitution and the Police Act have the powers and duty to investigate and prosecute such offences.

“We call on the Inspector-General of Police to investigate, interrogate and prosecute any person upon a complaint found to have committed perjury or forgery of school certificate.

“Having relied on the school certificate, it has to be produced and not only a statement of result.”

The coalition similarly called on the police boss to investigate reported cases of forgery of Permanent Voters Cards (PVCs), which he noted was fundamental to the exercise of franchise by the citizens.

Other lawyers present at the briefing were Ibrahim Idris, Stefan Ewubare, Prince Chukwudi Oli, Ezinwa Agbada, Femi Motojesi and Benjamin Barau.
http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/27726-probe-buhari-over-certificate-senior-lawyers-task-igp
[/quote]
Re: Breakingnews: Probe Buhari Over Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP by major466(m): 11:37am On Jan 26, 2015
Those who have nothing to hide will have nothing to fear if they're investigated. grin
Re: Breakingnews: Probe Buhari Over Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP by Greatihex(m): 11:53am On Jan 26, 2015
Buhari no knw who him dy play politics with. Goodluck is like a serpent, very wise. He knws his politics very well. I have a feeling that he uses the Nigerian constitution as his pillow. Him go quietly dy do Buhari something until the man go begin beg to withdraw from d race to save himself more disgrace. Buhari never see anytin self. Illitrate wey wan go try PhD guy man wey pass through uni, uni cum pass through too.
Re: Breakingnews: Probe Buhari Over Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP by jars9: 11:54am On Jan 26, 2015
Amaechi: They are consulting with their Lawyers. That boy you were drinking MOET with at your swimming pool in Bourdillon is coordinating it.

Tinubu: You mean Femi?

Amaechi: Yes. We warned you about him but you never listened.

Tinubu: I never knew he was a mole then. Now my eyes are clear. After drinking my expensive MOET he is now working against me. What else did they tell you?

Amaechi: After they conclude their legal consultation, they would know whether or not to approach the court for PERJURY against Alhaji as an individual and not as our party's presidential candidate.

Tinubu: So the whole crime does not affect our party?

Amaechi: They assured me that our party would not be affected in any way because Alhaji knowingly lied on oath as an individual and at his own discretion, in order to defraud our party in particular and Nigeria in general.

Tinubu: So his offence is personal to him. Maybe our party can even sue Alhaji for bringing our name into disrepute and seek for compensation.

Akande: Yes. I think we can sue Alhaji. But that is not necessary for now. We must fight this case with him.

Tinubu: Bisi, I will come back to you later. My friend Rotimi, so we can replace Alhaji with another candidate?

Amaechi: Yes we can replace Alhaji. But there is a second independent case which affects you, Asiwaju, personally.

Asiwaju: The Oluwole certificate?

Amaechi: Yes. They might take that up as well, only if our party refuse to step down. Osinbajo also tweeted fake pictures of Kano campaign rally.

Tinubu: Yes, I am aware.

Amaechi: That boy that sleeps on internet 24hours, Reno, discovered that the picture was Reinhard Bonnke crusade which was done long time ago in Ogbomosho and not our rally in Kano.

Buhari: Our sins are increasing with time. Even a pastor can descend so low as tweeting fake pictures to deceive innocent Nigerians. Election is not do or die affair. Shikena.

Tinubu: Oti o. Tell your brother from Otuoke to please hold on. We can reach an agreement that will protect all affected interests.

Akande: Amaechi please speak your language to him ke. Is he not your brother? What is the difference between Ijaw and Ikwerre?

Tinubu: Akande is right. In Yorubaland we have Egun people, we have Ilaje people, they do not say they are not Yoruba. We all see ourselves as brothers and sisters. So please talk to your brother. Ask him when they will be available so we can talk. Alhaji Buhari must not go to jail o.

Buhari: Please talk to him. You are the closest to him. He is your brother. In the North we have Kanuris, Nupes, Hausas, and we are all brothers, even Tivs, Idomas, and Igalas are all my step-brothers.

Akande: Please Rotimi you are our last hope. Do not speak English to him o, he will ignore you. If I need help from Obasanjo I speak Yoruba straight away. He can never refuse me on that level. Tiwan tiwan now. Abi your region do not have a common Language like other regions?

Amaechi: Our region is not like your region. Our region is just a political region. We are not brothers. We are not connected in any way. We are different in every possible way. The creation of our region is Nigeria's strategic way of punishing our neighbouring region. Alhaji Buhari knows what I am talking about.

Buhari: That is not the issue. Talk to your brother and if he is not your brother like you said then talk to him as your regional brother. I must not go to jail. My people will tear this country into pieces, Walahi Talahi. If at all I must go to jail then Tinubu must go with me. Period.

Amaechi: Why?

Buhari: Because it was his idea. He advised me to lie on oath. He is also the architect of the Oluwole certificate together with Osimbande..

Akande: Please Rotimi do something ke. Time is going o. A minute can be dangerous o. I am a great grandfather I do not want to go to jail at my age o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breakingnews: Probe Buhari Over Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP by heffem(m): 12:16pm On Jan 26, 2015
[quote author=dominoastley post=30145206]What are Nigerian Police wait for investigating Buhari's certificate... pls, do my hear is aching me oooh quote author=teufelein post=30144656][size=13pt]BreakingNews: Probe Buhari over certificate, senior lawyers task IGP[/size]
....... Who is this one? Are you sure you are okay?.........you look to me more of an escapee from Yaba left....
Re: Breakingnews: Probe Buhari Over Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP by henryangelo: 12:24pm On Jan 26, 2015
Is this the type of change Buhari is wishing for our dear nation,we can't give him a chance, he is good at changing things even his waec result
Re: Breakingnews: Probe Buhari Over Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 26, 2015
This is a good one. Still waiting for the likes of Falana, Soyinka and others to condemn this act too. God bless President GEJ.
Re: Breakingnews: Probe Buhari Over Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP by egift(m): 12:26pm On Jan 26, 2015
So these Charge and Bail lawyers don't know how to file a case in court, rather they are sending IGP on a fool's errand? grin grin grin grin
Re: Breakingnews: Probe Buhari Over Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP by major466(m): 2:03pm On Jan 26, 2015
ifeanyiso:
Distraction every where.........probe,attack,counter attack,propagander,betrayer,prophecy, certificate, thesis, watin we never hear because of this FEB14 election. Can't wait for this election to be history joor. Kilode?
That is politics.
Re: Breakingnews: Probe Buhari Over Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP by umfarha: 9:17am On Jan 27, 2015
I dnt blame general buhari any more, but I hav an. Intellence questions 2 oll u guyx....... !!!!! Expecially 4 dose dat a jubeleee wit d happinens, d Question ar directlly 2 d nigerian Army, independence National Electorate commisson ( INEC) nd nigerians at large, d qestions ar challenges 2 them oll, qestions as follows: - 1- why is it dat negerian Army accept buhari's principals requist 4rm d initial stage ? 2_ its because Nageria Army was curropted ? (3) why did dey allowed him 2 reach 2 rank ov general, governor in formar maiduguri, commissoner, e.t.c, and allowing him 2 go 2 d war school at united state ov america? (4) is d american war school currupt lik dis ? (5) why. Anpp, cpc, nd apc giv him aspiration form, nd 2 be among d aspirant without necessary qualifications? (6) its because oll nigerians polical parties ar highlly curropted? (7) why independant national electorate commission agreed wit him after oll d d long process screening, to be d all progressive change (apc) presidential candidate? (cool its because 4rm d office ov chairman ov inec down 2 d office ov clark ov dis great body ar lutast nd highly curropted? (9) why its dat before no body in dis our great notion 9ja thinkk ov somethng lik dis till dis tym around, its because we pool? (10) hav any body cheaked 4 our existing nigerian president (oga at d top) qualifications, nd how nd where hav him gotten them from? Finally wish wheather u ar sopportng apc or pdp or any other party, do justice 2 my statement pls..... But its a great challenge 2 oll nigerians but if u do think rationally.......... Thanks 4 reading
Re: Breakingnews: Probe Buhari Over Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP by heffem(m): 7:24am On Jan 28, 2015
umfarha:
I dnt blame general buhari any more, but I hav an. Intellence questions 2 oll u guyx....... !!!!! Expecially 4 dose dat a jubeleee wit d happinens, d Question ar directlly 2 d nigerian Army, independence National Electorate commisson ( INEC) nd nigerians at large, d qestions ar challenges 2 them oll, qestions as follows: - 1- why is it dat negerian Army accept buhari's principals requist 4rm d initial stage ? 2_ its because Nageria Army was curropted ? (3) why did dey allowed him 2 reach 2 rank ov general, governor in formar maiduguri, commissoner, e.t.c, and allowing him 2 go 2 d war school at united state ov america? (4) is d american war school currupt lik dis ? (5) why. Anpp, cpc, nd apc giv him aspiration form, nd 2 be among d aspirant without necessary qualifications? (6) its because oll nigerians polical parties ar highlly curropted? (7) why independant national electorate commission agreed wit him after oll d d long process screening, to be d all progressive change (apc) presidential candidate? (cool its because 4rm d office ov chairman ov inec down 2 d office ov clark ov dis great body ar lutast nd highly curropted? (9) why its dat before no body in dis our great notion 9ja thinkk ov somethng lik dis till dis tym around, its because we pool? (10) hav any body cheaked 4 our existing nigerian president (oga at d top) qualifications, nd how nd where hav him gotten them from? Finally wish wheather u ar sopportng apc or pdp or any other party, do justice 2 my statement pls..... But its a great challenge 2 oll nigerians but if u do think rationally.......... Thanks 4 reading
ȋ̝̊̅ hope someone is reading this too? Or am ȋ̝̊̅ going nut?

(1) (Reply)

Poll Shift: One-million Youth March For Buhari In Cross River / Don't Take Any News From NTA Serious.. / How Okonjo-iweala Is Frustrating Governors, Says Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.