Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,762 members, 7,806,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Which university program will you choose again if given the opportunity? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which university program will you choose again if given the opportunity? (568 Views)

N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? / Which University Contains More Oloshos/prostitudes / Public Schols And Private School Which Will You Choose Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which university program will you choose again if given the opportunity? by nollyj: 12:03pm On Jan 26, 2015
I have seen Nigerians engaged themselves in heated argument on which university programmes fulfil dreams in Nigeria. This is like a religious argument where all interested parties will push their stand to protect the program they did or doing in the university.

It is easy for most people to argue that what you read in the university in Nigeria will not necessarily determine where you will work. That is a true fact. Secondly, there is no statistics on employment by profession in Nigeria that can give us a good insight on programmes that are in hot demand. So it is even hard to know hot profession on year by year basis.

Conventionally, there are many university programs in Nigerian with old age tradition of high employment rate for its graduates. But the case is not relatively the same now because of the high unemployment rate in Nigeria today. Some hot programs in the past have become almost irrelevant today while new other programs / professions are coming up with better prospect.

Although this is an open ended question since we have different choices in term of what we want to do. So I am not expecting that all of us will choose the same program. We also have to consider that our passion in life and career path differ.

So for me I am a software Developer and I studied computer science. If I have the same opportunity to start all over again I will still choose to study computer Science.

What about you? I will like to know which program you will study or study again in Nigeria?

source: http://toscanyacademy.com/blog/
Re: Which university program will you choose again if given the opportunity? by ayodinho91: 8:00am On Jan 31, 2015
MIT......
Re: Which university program will you choose again if given the opportunity? by nollyj: 1:40pm On Jan 31, 2015
ayodinho91:
MIT......

What about course or program you will choose in MIT?

(1) (Reply)

How To Choose A Good Project Topic? / Please Solve This Puzzle. / Anyone With Pte Past Questions.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.