Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why (10635 Views)

Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? / Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 26, 2015
To me it's capital YES,Reason be that all my ancestor(the ones I can trace) from both my father and mother side come from d same local government.that mean am pure.i value people with mixed identity e.g igbo-yorub,igbo-igala,yoruba-hausa.the ones I really love are product of inter racial marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 26, 2015
this is a very serious issue.
actually to the question i don't know. haven't tried dating someone from another tribe so i can't really decide.
there are lot of things that come along with intertribal marriages.
talk about norms, habits , believes, moral,values and lots more.i think i will prefer to marry someone i understand and am part of his cultural background

my piece
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 26, 2015
Yes, coz i hate girls of my tribe..... My future wife is gonna be from Delta, no doubt about dat.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
AyokunleRuth:
Spacebook very well, u hear
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by ITbomb(m): 2:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
No way unless she can speak my tongue very fluently.

I belong to the old guard that will not allow my kids to speak 100% English at home after speaking the same in school almost 100%.

So if the mum is not gonna help them learn and speak their original tongue then capital NO!

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 26, 2015
zick19:

Spacebook very well, u hear
i hear wella
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 26, 2015
ITbomb:
No way unless she can speak my tongue very fluently.

I belong to the old guard that will not allow my kids to speak 100% English at home after speaking the same in school almost 100%.

So if the mum is not gonna help them learn and speak their original tongue then capital NO!
you have a valid point here...
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by justmag(m): 2:35pm On Jan 26, 2015
If you have to ask this question! I wonder what people's response/opinions will be to nigerians marrying foreigners? White, yellow, brown or whatever the case maybe?
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Olypeppy(f): 2:36pm On Jan 26, 2015
Yes...but would love to marry from my tribe..at a time no be only your husband u dey marry.
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by chimerase2: 2:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
Yes be it muslim hausa ibo yoruba
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by alberto2k(m): 2:43pm On Jan 26, 2015
Incase
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by laidian(m): 3:09pm On Jan 26, 2015
chimerase2:
Yes be it muslim hausa ibo yoruba

Oga so muslim na tribe? i got you though!
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by 500samuel(m): 3:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
am in dilemma for now...I wish to marry another tribe but my parents will not allow
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 26, 2015
When I told my uncle u would love to marry a white lady,he told me so many things but what really got me thinking is that,he told me I dont love my mum if I don't marry someone from my tribe
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by PHgirl(f): 7:17pm On Jan 26, 2015
I can marry someone from a different tribe, a different country, a different continent, a different race but not a different religion.

7 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 26, 2015
yes! I got my eyes on Yoruba guys, i don't know why

I can marry a white, if possible cheesy
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 26, 2015
why not ,but the funny thing is that my woman is from the same tribe with me.
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 26, 2015
Nneka123:
yes! I got my eyes on Yoruba guys, i don't know why

I can marry a white, if possible cheesy
i get eyes on one igbo girl,one benin girl and on two whites

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Deefuray(f): 10:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
Yes, of course, why not?
Cultural background shouldn't be an issue.
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 26, 2015
Ipledge:
i get eyes on one igbo girl,one benin girl and on two whites
hmm! only you, who is the igbo girl? tongue
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 26, 2015
ofcos I can,and in fact I will,cos I ain't marrying no fulani niccur,das all... cheesy
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 26, 2015
Nneka123:
hmm! only you, who is the igbo girl? tongue
you naa... grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 26, 2015
Ipledge:
you naa... grin
keep dreaming o tongue
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 26, 2015
Nneka123:
keep dreaming o tongue
lol,that's only a joke and am sure u knows thst
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 26, 2015
Ipledge:
lol,that's only a joke and am sure u knows thst
my own was a joke too
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 26, 2015
Nneka123:
my own was a joke too
i didn't checj ur pix before I said I was joking,I retract that statement
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 26, 2015
Ipledge:
i didn't checj ur pix before I said I was joking,I retract that statement
I'm still joking too smiley tongue
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 26, 2015
Nneka123:
I'm still joking too smiley tongue
ok me am no more joking grin

U look lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 26, 2015
Ipledge:
ok me am no more joking grin

U look lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
i look?
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by khia: 11:24pm On Jan 26, 2015
Ipledge:
When I told my uncle u would love to marry a white lady,he told me so many things but what really got me thinking is that,he told me I dont love my mum if I don't marry someone from my tribe

Why do you want to marry a white lady?
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 26, 2015
First of all I will state those I can't marry and my reasons
Yoruba this tribe is just a no no for me, am from the south and their culture don't tally with mine at all as in I admire the beauty of their women but their behavior is one thing that scares me away, talking from what av seen, as I was born in d west n bred n live around them I know what they are capable of, fetish ooh yes, most are bad cooks, aldutery is a common thing and mostly they are very lousy! Sorry if u feel am wrong don't try to correct me, this is what I know n dont tell me I live in a bad environment.
all south except my state at even a slim chance well the reason is not only that I never lived in the south n I have only visited my state only twice since I was born n I can't even remember, but the reason is i find it interesting to try a different tribe entirely, at least have seen my parents the same state and town, but not that theirs is not good in fact theirs is great but I would like to try something else since I know what that of like my parents would look like.
Hausa well this tribe I could try but, seriously, I dont like their lifestyle had one as a neighbor, really bad cooks, never like their cooking the sight alone is a turn off coz as u see me so I love to eat, espicially good food since I don't know how to cook, I don't want to add a bad cook to myself, who go teach my kids how to cook? Me or my wife wey no sabi cook or I go come dey buy food chop everyday? their manners especially EATING lemme don't go there and lastly very jagajaga set of people wey no like to go school their papa just dey born them full ground. Talking from experience!
The tribe I can n will make sure I marry by GOD'S Grace I pray to GOD for a better one.
IGBO whether my parents gree or not nor be say I dey form but honestly I admire these set of people Most have met n lived around are Good cooks yes! Am a lover of food a good one for that matter, good behavior, they know their limits, bounds and very respectful. One thing I admire about them is how they take care of their own, they know what is called family and mostly educated and oriented people. My reasons might feel a little bit of bias, but I honestly post this because of what I know, I read and study people alot, and PS don't try to correct me. cool
Mods this topic deserve FP!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
Nneka123:
i look?
beauty,pretty,cute all will be understatement...I don't know right word to use

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

7 Signs She Wants To Sleep With You / My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. / Mr Nairaland 2016 (observation Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.