Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? (17384 Views)

Inec Postpone Election Due To Pressure From Presidency / Dont Postpone The Elections, NLC Warns / Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by gabriel212: 7:58pm On Jan 26, 2015
CaptainAmerica1:

I didn't know some aren't ready for collection. But I recall INEC's boss saying the cards are ready for collection nationwide, I don't know what's wrong in your side.

No way! There would be massive rigging. The best the government can do is to give a public holiday for the collection.
upto date am yet to collect my PVC coz it has not been printed according to INEC staff (the whole polling unit) but am asked to come back in February 2nd.
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by TruthisBitter247: 8:00pm On Jan 26, 2015
NOoooooOooooOoooo!!
Abeg. Make we enter. Field. Jare! ;DNOoooooOooooOoooo!!
Abeg. Make we enter. Field. Jare!
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Sweetlemon(f): 8:01pm On Jan 26, 2015
Notice how PDP supporters are saying Yes. While APC supporters are saying No.
What does that tell you?

2 Likes

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by fasbat(m): 8:10pm On Jan 26, 2015
maclatunji:
Away from the political campaign by the 2 major political parties in the country, there is another issue that has become a source of controversy. It is the collection of Permanent Voter's Card (PVC) by registered voters by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Daily Trust reports: "A total of 15.5 million Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs), representing 29 per cent, are yet to be distributed, according to a document of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)". http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/43979-over-15m-yet-to-get-pvcs

Many Nigerians are agitated by the fact that they have not been able to collect their PVC and the National Security Adviser Sambo Dasuki was reported to have said he had discussed the matter with the INEC Chairman Prof Attahiru Jega, adding that a delay within the time allowed by the law will not be a bad idea.

“That is what we are encouraging at the moment,” he said, noting that INEC had been able to distribute 30 million PVCs but had an outstanding 38.8 million others to hand out. (Source:http://uncova.com/inec-reacts-says-no-going-back-on-february-elections)

“The provision (for holding a general election) is for not more than 90 days and not less than 30 days before the end of the administration. " (Source:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/no-delay-needed-for-nigerian-election-electoral-body/). This means the election could hold as late as April 30, 2015.

So what do you think? Should INEC postpone the elections to allow more Nigerians collect their PVC and vote or should the elections hold regardless of the millions that might potentially miss out on voting if they do not get their PVCs in time?
Capital NO, d election must hold as scheduled...
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by FredHandsome(m): 8:17pm On Jan 26, 2015
I've been to my ward twice to claim the PVC, but they keep telling me it's not ready. I registered on May 29, 2014. WTF! They are just there claiming that people refused to come collect theirs, but they are yet to produce some cards!
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
I just dey imagine o, if this said 15.5million pvcs that hasn't been collected should remain in the hands of inec during the election, ayaya, mass rigging of the highest order. Na to just organize people wey go dey vote with the tin dey go 4 dia office.
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by blackCITIZEN(m): 8:19pm On Jan 26, 2015
#Election

1 Like

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by ihedioramma: 8:19pm On Jan 26, 2015
There is know reasons to postponed the election let it hold, remember there is GOD O . dont try to rig this election if you win you go on, if you dont win you go out that is it.
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by piagetskinner(m): 8:26pm On Jan 26, 2015
wazobiaforu:
No - Reasons

- All of us can not have voters card
- All that have voters card can not vote
- Let the people that have collected and that will collect decide for Nigeria

Were you all tested for HIV? And statistic was still drawn per state, that is to show sampling is allowed in statistics

Thanks
Wazobia
Ure a good statistician

1 Like

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Mcowubaba: 8:27pm On Jan 26, 2015
Chanchit:

I don't know how you do it where you reside, but where I reside, all you have to do is go to where you registered, check the list, if you see your picture and details, then your cards is definately there, but if you do not find your details on the pasted list, don't waste ur time, ur card is not there.
I reside in Otuoke cheesy...I have seen my picture pasted..d crowd is too much nd the manpower working dia is low...
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by macof(m): 8:30pm On Jan 26, 2015
What about those that couldn't register last year? I have many young folks that are yet to register at all but very willing
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by makazona(m): 8:35pm On Jan 26, 2015
Chanchit:
It won't take you more than an hour to collect the card, it took me less than 10mins, so anybody that has refused to collect his/her PVC till now is probably not planning on collecting or perhaps dead or are no more in Nigeria, cos I saw atleast 5 people that are dead and some that have travelled out of the country on the pasted list(I registered beside my house, so we all know each other. Before person start to quote me) in other words, let the election go on as planned.

they brought d card to d reg center or d LG secretariat?
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by makazona(m): 8:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
FredHandsome:
I've been to my ward twice to claim the PVC, but they keep telling me it's not ready. I registered on May 29, 2014. WTF! They are just there claiming that people refused to come collect theirs, but they are yet to produce some cards!

God bless u,sir.eye-neck has failed again.i wonder y those that clocked 18 this month shld be disenfranchised.INEC sef
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 26, 2015
They don start again ooo. People with lunatic ideas.June 12th,1993 election was free and fair,until people with crazy ideas started with ING, annullment;then the rest became history.bang-June 12th election became history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by bola4dprec(m): 8:47pm On Jan 26, 2015
Chanchit:

Two hours is not too much, afterall we sometimes queue for more than two hours to buy fuel. So doing same for Nigeria should not be too much.
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
Brightology2:
Dats none of my fucking biz.inshort dey shld go ahead with d election,mk person hear word

That's so unpatriotic of you. Are you not supposed to be fully involved in the affairs of the nation?

At topic, i support the postponement of the elections. So far, we cant really tell how the distributions were done. Example, if it was done evenly in all parts of the country. Possibility is there that some parts could have been more aggressive in the distribution than others and for us to make best of decisions in this forthcoming election, the election must be free, fair and acceptable by all and that involves most Nigerians being part of the voting (unless the non-electorates).

I support the postponement in my humble opinion.
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
They should simply allow people use their temporary voters print out
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Chanchit: 9:10pm On Jan 26, 2015
makazona:

they brought d card to d reg center or d LG secretariat?

The Reg' centre, and for people that are having issues with their card can just go to Inec office across the street.
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by konny1(m): 9:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
Dannyset:
CARPENTER "NO"
Which one is CARPENTER ''NO'' Bros u need Jesus
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by jamst(m): 9:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
heee! I cant stop to they laff sef,cos the days of PDP are numbered...no postpone election oooo
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by stanjohn57: 9:31pm On Jan 26, 2015
My suggestion: Since INEC plan to end PVC collection this January, Thursday 29th and Friday 30th January should be declared public holiday to enable people move to where they registered (which might be out of town) to collect theirs.

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Jyraff(m): 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2015
Dannyset:
CARPENTER "NO"

cheesy bros! u for even say mechanic NO! I hail o! grin
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by golddeejay(m): 9:49pm On Jan 26, 2015
there is need for inec to create more collection centres. Am currently in d middle of an exam, it will be difficult to go d LG which is far n i dont even kno where it is. Is anybody here in ilorin, tanke area? I registered der but yet to get my PVC. I need to know how to get to LG (i heard it is fufu) because i just have to vote.
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by EOOJ(m): 9:58pm On Jan 26, 2015
Chanchit:

You are the fIfth person quoting me, and you are the only person that gave a valid reason cos I did not sense any ulterior motive behind ur reasons. So do you now have ur PVC?

Ma brother, I have just d temporary one dat dey gave us ooo...d one dat ma face sef didn't show. Am stilll wondering how am gonna use it sef because d last tym I tried using it in a bank at their request, they rejected it cos d image was too dark to make out ma face.
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by Luizkid(m): 10:00pm On Jan 26, 2015
The problem is the pattern of registeration. Most people like me no longer stay where they registered and dont wont to stress themselves travelling far to collect it...
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by makazona(m): 10:01pm On Jan 26, 2015
Chanchit:

The Reg' centre, and for people that are having issues with their card can just go to Inec office across the street.

the reverse is the case here.you go to d LG office and try ur luck.smh
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by llimaautos: 10:01pm On Jan 26, 2015
GREETINGS TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC
NIGERIA CUSTOMS AUTHORIZED SALES OF CARS(BATCH B)
CALL THE MARKETING DEPARTMENT OFFICE LINE
OFFICER BALOGUN ON 08092205545...(+234)
NIGERIA CUSTOMS (NATIONAL AUTHORIZED CAR AUCTIONS/SALES) FOR 2014-2015
TO BUY CALL THE MARKETING DEPARTMENT OFFICE BALOGUN LINE 08092205545-WE HAVE
DIRECT TOKUNBO CARS FOR SALE AT CHEAPER PRICES.
These cars were seized by government officials at border and the
time duration given to the owners to claim their cars has elapse so
they are been sold in a give away price at very affordable prices to
place an order of your choice call the maketing department
FIRST HAND CARS FOR NATIONAL AUCTION/SALES AT AFFORDABLE
PRICES,INTERESTED BUYERS SHOULD CONTACT IN CHARGE OFFICER BALOGUN ON
08092205545,WE HAVE COMPETENT DRIVERS TO MAKE DELIVERY
NATIONWIDE.MODEL/YEAR OF MANUFACTURE..........1999 t0 2014
INTERIOR..........LEATHER AND FABRIC
AC..........CHILLING FACTORY AC
WHEEL..........GOOD TYRE, ALLOY WHEEL
TO BUY,HEAD OFFICE COMMAND ZONE 1 WAREHOUSE,BADAGRY EXPRESS WAY/COTONOU/SEME BORDER AND FOR DELIVERY/SHIPPING/CLEARANCE/CONTAINERS.
NOTE-ALL CARS ARE TESTED OK, WITH MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
WE HAVE DIRECT TOKUNBOR/BEGIUM/COTONOU CARS VERY CLEAN,BRAND NEW CARS,THE CARS ARE OF VARIOUS MAKES AND SPECS.
RANGING FROM JAPANESE TO AMERICAN,GERMAN,
SALE AT CHEAPER PRICES CALL SEME BORDER OFFICE NUMBERS- OFFICER BALOGUN ON 08092205545 COMMANDANT MARKETING DEPARTMENT..
CALL FOR MORE DETAILS...PLEASE NOTE SALES CLOSING SOON THE NIGERIA CUSTOM SERVICE AUCTION MARKET NOW OPEN FOR INDIVIDUALS & DEALERS.
THEY ARE SEIZED AND IMPOUNDED CARS DUE TO ILLEGAL IMPORTATION AND LICENSING AS THE VARIOUS IMPORTERS HAVE REFUSED TO COME FOR THE CLAIMS BEFORE THE EXPIRED PERIOD.
THE NIGERIA CUSTOM SERVICE HAVE DECIDED TO SELL THEM OUT AT GIVE AWAY PRICES TO CLEAR THE SPACE IN OUR OFFICE FOR THE YEAR ALL BUYERS SHOULD
NOTE THAT BUYING OF NIGERIA AUCTION VEHICLES HAS NO COMPLICATIONS,
SINCE ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS WILL BE HANDED OVER TO CUSTOMERS BY THE DELIVERY
NOTE: Offer Valid While Stock Last; Money back guarantee .THANKS FOR YOUR PATRONAGE..,..
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by 100Cents: 10:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
Can a person that has 2011 voters card go to collect PVC ?

Poly Vinyl Chloride..
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by demsid(m): 10:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
DaGC:

Not if you are supposed to be at work, or have other engagements.

Well, I have mine and hope other Nigerians who havent gotten theirs make efforts to get their own.
see my brother. I've made all effort to get this PVC all in vain. I registered last 4 years and d laminated paper voters card they gave me then has destroyed, where I registered close to my house in Ikotun Lagos. dem no see my name for list. how I go take get PVC now. I tire for this country o
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by demsid(m): 10:36pm On Jan 26, 2015
lavivifubs:
I just realised that the PVCs are available for collection. But people are not going to their various local government areas or collection centres to collect them. The way people talk as if the PVCs were not being distributed almost made me not to make efforts. But I summons up efforts to collect mine and I realised that it took me less than 5 minutes for mine to be brought out for me. Do you know what, I saw many bundles of PVCs waiting to be collected. People cry foul in the absence of one.
. I've made all effort to get this PVC all in vain. I registered last 4 years and d laminated paper voters card they gave me then has destroyed, where I registered close to my house in Ikotun Lagos. dem no see my name for list. how I go take get PVC now. I tire for this country o. oya tell me where to go now, and I will go tomorrow
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by safarigirl(f): 10:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
Alezy:
Becos u av collected urs, hw about ppl that thiers is not even avaliable yet?
collected wetin? I no even get to collect. Neither candidates have impressed me so I'm not voting
Re: Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? by fiponmile(m): 11:01pm On Jan 26, 2015
I FIPONMILE OLAYINKA say a very big capital "NO " to election postponement ....... PROF should pls carry on, as listening to those who may in one way or the tarnish your image will surely be deleterious to the commission and Nigeria in general

Enemies of nation will always have excuses...

I believe the available time is enough for progressive minded Nigerians to get it......

PLS NOTE: Postponement of Feb 14 election will definitely lead to "TENURE ELONGATION" which is against our constitution ..........

INEC MUST BEWARE OF ........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

State Of The Parties: Graveyard Peace In Apc / 2019: How APC Would Hurt PDP – Makarfi / Your Preferred Candidates For PDP And APC In 2015 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.