Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. (32780 Views)

7 Reasons Most Guys Act The Way They Do / 5 Reasons Most Ladies Prefer Married Men - Brainnewsng.com / 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
DISCLAIMER: Forgive me ahead... I'm speaking as it is in my head grin. I AM NOT GENERALIZING...wink

So, I choose to give reasons why you will see a grown up man in his forties still single.

Don't give me the money excuse crap... No matter how broke you are, your size dey market...cheesy

They're very poor couples enjoying life here in PH and other big cities in Nigeria...

So your size exist unless your problem is any of these NINE CRUCIAL points Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married.

Follow me closely wink. Most Nigerian Men Are...

1. Too Choosy (Highly Selective)

It will amaze you but it's true. He wants a girl with the perfect butt, eyes, nose, teeth etc. Anyone not meeting his expectations, he uses and dumps!

2. Too Promiscuous

Searching for male virgin is like searching for diamonds: they exist though. This is because the average Nigerian man has the "side chick". He feels safer that way wink

3. Too Proud (Egoistic)

Marriage humbles any body! Most men don't want that so they remain single. It takes normal humility to carry your wife's bag or even help her do some chores. An humble man doesn't reply to all his wife says. He takes them with a pinch of salt.

4. Too Indecisive

Today, he says he wants to marry from East, tomorrow from South South. Today he wants to marry this year, tomorrow he postpones it until the girl leaves his life...time dey go smiley

5. Too Over demanding

He wants everything to be done his way- from her looks to how she eats... That's horrible! Feature of a tyrant.

6. Too Mean

They've been dating only for a year and he has hit her 10 times. He talks to her as if they're in a battle! Haba!

7. Too Insensitive ( Not thoughtful)

You forgot her birthday and other days that means a lot to her. She is in pain and you're still demanding for sex. Some men sha...

8. Too busy making money

Many manchellors are so because of this.

Many guys in their 30's are so money driven that they have forgotten they need a wife. They are still after "hookers" and small girls. Hmm!

9. Too stingy

Some one said: You can give without loving but you can't love without giving.

Those guys asking questions about giving to their girls- Hope this helps. No girl will and forever will marry a stingy guy!
I'm not saying you should give to every girl but the one you claim to like. No naa!

This is a counter thread...wink

Guys, take it light enh...cheesy

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by ArchEnemy(m): 6:17pm On Jan 26, 2015
10. Too scared
heard about the unpleasant experiences of some guys and does not want the same to happen to him
11. Too carefree
He believes whatever ll happen ll happen at its own time

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by freshness2020: 6:19pm On Jan 26, 2015
No more freedom
They believe as soon as they get married, no more late night and the free will of carrying olosho's ends!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by jmoore(m): 6:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
They choose not to marry. Their destiny lies in their hands.

7 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by naijaboiy: 6:25pm On Jan 26, 2015
Some guys are scared of commitment and sticking to one partner for the rest of their lives.

Drilling one pùssy ain't just enough for 'em niggaz.

So they rather remain single. undecided

15 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by ctman(m): 6:27pm On Jan 26, 2015
12. some belong to a cult

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 26, 2015
naijaboiy:
Chai..this guy don switch from woman to man o grin

Well make I book this space first.

I dey come cheesy

My oga grin
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by passionate88: 6:28pm On Jan 26, 2015
They are getting wiser by the day. Why get married just for the so called wifey to still sleep with her "ex" and many others....

12 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by Deejavuu(f): 6:31pm On Jan 26, 2015
Too scared of commitment...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by passionate88: 6:32pm On Jan 26, 2015
I rep No. 1, but I don't use and dump
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by passionate88: 6:34pm On Jan 26, 2015
Deejavuu:
Too scared of commitment...
We ain't scared of commitment, we are scared of what the modern day woman turn to after marriage

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by yemicoal(m): 6:37pm On Jan 26, 2015
But how can we stop being promiscuous cry, ladies of this days are so seductive and titilatting sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by valmunich(m): 6:37pm On Jan 26, 2015
Pretty shitty discourse

A nigga that wanna get married will get married, there are so many fishes out there undecided
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 26, 2015
jmoore:
They choose not to marry. Their destiny lies in their hands.

As in eh cheesy
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
yemicoal:
But how can we stop being promiscuous cry, ladies of this days are so seductive and titilatting sad

LoL grin
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by Tallesty1(m): 6:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
Most Nigerian Men? Who tell you that one?

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
Boy you're talking hye
FP
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 26, 2015
ArchEnemy:
10. Too scared
heard about the unpleasant experiences of some guys and does not want the same to happen to him
11. Too carefree

Nice points there...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by passionate88: 6:43pm On Jan 26, 2015
ArchEnemy:
10. Too scared
True... Like what happened when a husband found out that the wife's"brother" was actually his wife boyfriend... And that boyfriend has been staying in his house for the past four years.. The wife brought him in four months after they got married, the mother of the wife even vouched for him.. The man locked up the boyfriend when he caught them fighting on his matrimonial bed... This happened in PH, Okporo police station.. I fear women die

ArchEnemy:

11. Too carefree
True... I can be 40 and still get a child of my own, I don't neccessarily have to get married first before having a child... Girls will say "what about companionship?", to hell with that, some companions will take you to an early grave

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by tosyne2much(m): 6:45pm On Jan 26, 2015
My bros, I dey feel ur ministry ooooo.. I still dey take tutorials from you oooo.. grin
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
I agree!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by ritababe(f): 6:47pm On Jan 26, 2015
They dont want us to tie them down and distract them from getting richer

7 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by naijaboiy: 6:47pm On Jan 26, 2015
emusmith:

My oga grin
You don create counter thread for the women them.

But guys no go bash this thread like the women dey do for that side.

That's why we are different grin

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by naijaboiy: 6:54pm On Jan 26, 2015
yemicoal:
My brother sad
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 26, 2015
naijaboiy:

You don create counter thread for the women them.

But guys no go bash this thread like the women dey do for that side.

That's why we are different grin

Na why we different... dem no go bash at all...cheesy
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
tosyne2much:
My bros, I dey feel ur ministry ooooo.. I still dey take tutorials from you oooo.. grin

Who am I? cheesy ... Oga mi
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by Mathematical(f): 7:01pm On Jan 26, 2015

Most are just not ready..
As you know, no one wants to be in a marriage where one person controls the other. Marriage is a partnership and couples should always remember that when they make that step into it,men are afraid of making the leap towards matrimony do have an inaccurate image of marriage..

Loss of independence..
Insecurity...
Fear of divorce..

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by google1(m): 7:02pm On Jan 26, 2015
8. Too busy making money
The banquet is made for pleasure, and
wine makes merry; but money answers all
things.

6 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by yemicoal(m): 7:07pm On Jan 26, 2015
naijaboiy:

My brother sad
loool... Them suppose dey applaud us, being promiscuous mean say we dey notice them
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 26, 2015
yemicoal:
loool... Them suppose dey applaud us, being promiscuous mean say we dey notice them

hmm
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 26, 2015
google1:
8. Too busy making money
The banquet is made for pleasure, and
wine makes merry; but money answers all
things.
na dat one common pass cheesy
Re: 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Men Don't Get Married. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 26, 2015
Hmmmmmmm, nyc one emusmith oga boss. So we're do u fall in d list.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should Married Women Go Clubbing? / Ladies, How Do You Feel When Your Boyfriend Asks You For Money? / Checkout This Couple’s Epic Transformation (see Stunning Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.