Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Obama Unfriends Netanyahu On Facebook - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Unfriends Netanyahu On Facebook (919 Views)

Netanyahu Likely To Attend Summit In Nigeria By End Of Yea / Obama Congratulates Netanyahu On Election Win / Netanyahu, On Twitter, Says Won 'great Victory' In Israel's Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Unfriends Netanyahu On Facebook by sirajdinsaudi: 6:41pm On Jan 26, 2015
US President Barack Obama has removed Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as a Facebook “friend” amid a widening diplomatic rift between the two men, according to the Israeli media.

The already tense personal relationship between Obama and Netanyahu took a turn for the worse after Speaker of the House John Boehner invited the Israeli premier Tuesday to address a joint session of Congress in March.

The move, which is seen as a joint effort to rebuke the Obama administration for diplomacy with Iran, was met with criticism from the White House and Democrats in Congress.

The invitation was extended hours after Obama delivered his sixth State of the Union Address in which he threatened to veto any sanctions legislation authorizing new sanctions against Iran amid nuclear talks.

It is not exactly clear when Obama deleted Netanyahu from his Facebook’s friends list, but it is believed to be around the time when he accepted Boehner’s invitation. Netanyahu only learned of the snub on Sunday, according to The Israeli Daily, citing an unnamed source close to the prime minister.

“Bibi was looking at [Attorney General] Eric Holder’s page, and he happened to check what friends they had in common,” a source said. “And he sees [Secretary of State John] Kerry, Bill [Clinton], Hill [ary Clinton], Fabio, but no Obama. So he goes to Obama’s page, and sure enough it says ‘Add Friend.’ We were in complete disbelief.”

The White House has said that President Obama would not meet Netanyahu during his visit to Washington.

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/01/26/394848/Obama-unfriends-Bibi-on-Facebook

Re: Obama Unfriends Netanyahu On Facebook by sirajdinsaudi: 6:42pm On Jan 26, 2015
Oga o
Re: Obama Unfriends Netanyahu On Facebook by SeverusSnape(m): 6:43pm On Jan 26, 2015
This is serious!
Re: Obama Unfriends Netanyahu On Facebook by valmunich(m): 6:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
Interesting how people take facebook this serious undecided
Re: Obama Unfriends Netanyahu On Facebook by egift(m): 6:49pm On Jan 26, 2015
At this level FB Friend is a very big deal.
Re: Obama Unfriends Netanyahu On Facebook by Idrismusty97(m): 6:49pm On Jan 26, 2015
Is this some kind of a joke? Have presstv been hack? undecided

I still think this is sarcasms. I don't want to believed this is a Facebook thing.
Re: Obama Unfriends Netanyahu On Facebook by Bishop4bella(m): 6:55pm On Jan 26, 2015
Obama has right to choose who to be and who not to be his friends on facebook.
Re: Obama Unfriends Netanyahu On Facebook by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 26, 2015
Is the friendship by force?
Re: Obama Unfriends Netanyahu On Facebook by Bugatie(m): 7:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
...same way I'm gonna unfriend Dangote soon

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

About The Army War College Diploma Of 1980 (and Colonel Buhari) – Carol Kerr / After Me, The Next PDP Presidential Candidate MUST Be Younger Than Me- GEJ / Letter To Usa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.