Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Pls Help; Excessive Fuel Consumption Of My Camry 07 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Help; Excessive Fuel Consumption Of My Camry 07 (2273 Views)

Toyota Tacoma Recalled Due To Excessive Anti-corrosion Coating / Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs / Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help; Excessive Fuel Consumption Of My Camry 07 by osy77(m): 11:26pm On Jan 26, 2015
I have had this car for a little above 2 week's now & the fuel consumption seems to be excessive...my mechanic checked d indomie & confirmed it was intact...

I will really appreciate suggestions frm experts or some1 who has an idea as I don't want the mechanic tryin anything that comes to his head. cry
Re: Pls Help; Excessive Fuel Consumption Of My Camry 07 by tyoseni(m): 11:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
Is the check ON? If yes go for a scan.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help; Excessive Fuel Consumption Of My Camry 07 by osy77(m): 12:28am On Jan 27, 2015
tyoseni:
Is the check ON? If yes go for a scan.

nope...it's not on...a friend jst told me the plugs could be responsible..dunno
Re: Pls Help; Excessive Fuel Consumption Of My Camry 07 by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:54am On Jan 27, 2015
osy77:
I have had this car for a little above 2 week's now & the fuel consumption seems to be excessive...my mechanic checked d indomie & confirmed it was intact...

I will really appreciate suggestions frm experts or some1 who has an idea as I don't want the mechanic tryin anything that comes to his head. cry

what made you think it is excessive

you havent gave us the engine size and the figures you are getting
Re: Pls Help; Excessive Fuel Consumption Of My Camry 07 by honmusa(m): 10:15am On Jan 27, 2015
osy77:

Don't waste your hard earn money in fixing what is not faulty .subjecting ur car to road side mechanic for trial and error mode of fixing will pose more threat to or car .
Try to scan your car and submit the scan result here for accurate analysis.
Fuel consumption issue can accurately be fixed by accurate diagnostics tru scanning.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help; Excessive Fuel Consumption Of My Camry 07 by stephcruse(m): 3:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
firstly you need to tell us the engine configureration one, 2 what is the spec or grade of oil you are using,3 is your radiator fan ranning direct ?,lastly did you notice check light comes up at all? send reply, am waiting.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help; Excessive Fuel Consumption Of My Camry 07 by stephcruse(m): 4:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
Or better still bring your vehicle for comprehensive diagnosis. call 08038042709

1 Like

Re: Pls Help; Excessive Fuel Consumption Of My Camry 07 by osy77(m): 5:46pm On Jan 27, 2015
stephcruse:
firstly you need to tell us the engine configureration one, 2 what is the spec or grade of oil you are using,3 is your radiator fan ranning direct ?,lastly did you notice check light comes up at all? send reply, am waiting.

firstly I thank u for d contribution...it is a 4 cylinder 07 Camry...bought 'bout a week ago so I havnt changed anything...the car is working and running perfectly...it's jst d consumption..
the check light doesn't come on @ all...
Re: Pls Help; Excessive Fuel Consumption Of My Camry 07 by osy77(m): 5:47pm On Jan 27, 2015
honmusa:

Don't waste your hard earn money in fixing what is not faulty .subjecting ur car to road side mechanic for trial and error mode of fixing will pose more threat to or car .
Try to scan your car and submit the scan result here for accurate analysis.
Fuel consumption issue can accurately be fixed by accurate diagnostics tru scanning.

ok bro...thanks so much...I will do dat sir
Re: Pls Help; Excessive Fuel Consumption Of My Camry 07 by xreal: 4:37pm On Jan 28, 2015
osy77:

honmusa:

stephcruse:

What is indomie in a car? Pls.
Re: Pls Help; Excessive Fuel Consumption Of My Camry 07 by honmusa(m): 5:18pm On Jan 28, 2015
xreal:

What is indomie in a car? Pls.
that is the street name for catalytic converter

1 Like

Re: Pls Help; Excessive Fuel Consumption Of My Camry 07 by xreal: 5:24pm On Jan 28, 2015
honmusa:

that is the street name for catalytic converter
Catalytic converter?
Inside a car?

I will google it now.
Re: Pls Help; Excessive Fuel Consumption Of My Camry 07 by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:21am On Jan 30, 2015
My vehicle (peugeot 406 EW10 2.0 litre engine) does 900km on a full tank of gas 75liters. My car runs perfectly, no malfunction indicator on, I crossed from the northe eastern part of nigeria to lagos without having any fuel consumption issues. On tuesday I drove from ogba to marland ikeja and back distance of 24km in very crazy traffic (over 5hrs angry ) and from my calculations I used up almost 20liters! Now 20liters on highway would have taken me over 220km but I ended up getting only 24km in city driving cry actually I never got out of 2nd gear, I literary crawled the entire journey.

All I'm trying to point out is the traffic conditions can make you feel your car is a guzzler when there is nothing wrong with ur car.

P.s To remain sane in lagos I'm getting me a bike. grin

1 Like

Re: Pls Help; Excessive Fuel Consumption Of My Camry 07 by chukel(m): 3:02pm On Jan 30, 2015
osy77:

firstly I thank u for d contribution...it is a 4 cylinder 07 Camry...bought 'bout a week ago so I havnt changed anything...the car is working and running perfectly...it's jst d consumption..
the check light doesn't come on @ all...
what do u mean by the bolded. Put on ur ignition without starting and see if check engine light comes on. If it doesn't, then it has been blocked. That means u may actually have a check engine light on.
Re: Pls Help; Excessive Fuel Consumption Of My Camry 07 by osy77(m): 9:12am On Jan 31, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
My vehicle (peugeot 406 EW10 2.0 litre engine) does 900km on a full tank of gas 75liters. My car runs perfectly, no malfunction indicator on, I crossed from the northe eastern part of nigeria to lagos without having any fuel consumption issues. On tuesday I drove from ogba to marland ikeja and back distance of 24km in very crazy traffic (over 5hrs angry ) and from my calculations I used up almost 20liters! Now 20liters on highway would have taken me over 220km but I ended up getting only 24km in city driving cry actually I never got out of 2nd gear, I literary crawled the entire journey.

All I'm trying to point out is the traffic conditions can make you feel your car is a guzzler when there is nothing wrong with ur car.

P.s To remain sane in lagos I'm getting me a bike. grin

my Broda thank U for drawin my attention to this...incidentally I stay in Abj where we scarcely experience traffic sir...besides I just upgraded frm an EOD to dis killer 07 Camry and my EOD was God sent
Re: Pls Help; Excessive Fuel Consumption Of My Camry 07 by osy77(m): 9:15am On Jan 31, 2015
chukel:
what do u mean by the bolded. Put on ur ignition without starting and see if check engine light comes on. If it doesn't, then it has been blocked. That means u may actually have a check engine light on.

Sry for d misinformatn...I called a nairalander and he told me to try turning on d ignition without starting same....I realized all the lights came up normal cry
chukel:

Sry for d misinformatn...I called a nairalander and he told me to try turning on d ignition without starting same....I realized all the lights came up normal

(1) (Reply)

First Oil Change, Is SAE 10W-30 Available? / Rough Terrain Roads. / 8 Cars You Won't See Anywhere Else In The World Except In Dubai -pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.