Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Peter Obi Tackles Soludo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Tackles Soludo (3778 Views)

Falana Tackles Obasanjo, IBB, Atiku Over Private Universities / Peter Obi Spotted On A Train In The UK By A Shocked Nigerian (Photos) / Peter Obi Tackles Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Tackles Soludo by Chigold101(m): 10:03pm On Jan 27, 2015
Cuche:

Actually Chime did very well in Enugu. Not that Obi did nothing But priority wise, if am to score them I will give Chime an A where Obi gets a C. Obi's performance was over bloated by his paid propagandists which unfortunately included some Catholic and Anglican priests.

You will not understand this now, but by the time Obiano had worked for 4 years, you acknowledge that Obi did little which was exaggerated. As a check, do you know that what Obiano received in the past one year is less than the average cash Obi got yearly in his 6-8 years spell. Can you spot the difference?

Obi got by far more money than Chime during the period under review owing to his closeness to the president which is good. And at a period when there was increased sharing of ECA and the rests
Chime's contractors are at work in the villages of Enugu, divided into Zones. Go to Udi, Oji -River, Nssuka they're close by the Catapillars are there working

What was on ground before Obi took over and what was on ground before Chime took over? This is what you will look into if you want to know how someone has performed. Chime has done well but you cant tell me he did better than Obi.

Mind you I am not and will never be Obi's follower but to say Obi didnt perform very well in Anambra State will make me a great lair. Prior to Obi's government Anambra state was no where in roads and other infrastructural development.

You talked about having contractors in everywhere in Enugu, it sounds funny because there is no community out of the 177 communities in Anambra state that will say Obi didbt either commission a road projected or completed a road project and other projects.

Tell me that project which Obiano has initiated in Anambra state? He is completing and commissioning projects Obi stated because that is his electio promise. Initially it was 2 Cs (Complete and Commission) but when people started talking during his campaign he made it 3 Cs (Complete, Commission and Commence new projects). And mind you all the projects Obiano has been commissioning have been fully paid by Obi's government. So he cant even stop any of them.

The only place Obiano did a wonderful work is at Fegge where he cleansed up hoodlums that are almost going home by home with petty stealing. Another place he will do well is in Agriculture because road infrastructure and school infrastructure have been taken care of by Obi's government.

I never ever worked for Obi because there are some parts of his life and governance I will never like...

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Tackles Soludo by Alphaoscar: 10:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
Chigold101:

I didnt cry foul because for Soludo to go hands and knee begging Obi was annoying to me.

Soludo does not have any influence to ridicule Obi. As I said in my comment: If Soludo has made his points without calling names it would have made much sense. But for him to mention names shows that he is still full of animosity because of what happened in 2010 and replayed again in 2013.

Enugu the capital of Enugu is a project that was carried out by the whole south eastern (region) states. If Anambra is the way it is now about 8years ago, I believe that Anambra state would have been better than enugu state as whole. However, apart from Enugu town, no other town or place is as good as villages on Anambra state.

Ngige is leaving in the backyard of Anambra state, believe it or leave it. Soludo is at this point none existing at all in Anambra state main stream politics...

What is the difference between what Enugu gets and what Anambra gets

So Enugu is also a no man's land?
Re: Peter Obi Tackles Soludo by Chigold101(m): 10:14pm On Jan 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Soludo does not have any influence and here you are crying over his viral article which is the most read this year. No influence yet the president, APC and Peter obi are issuing rejoinders here and there. The Peter obi world you live in will not allow you see the extent of damage the article did to Obi's image. it was a trending topic on twitter.

2. Soludo has never begged obi for anything. It was Victor umeh he was working with before obi rushed and reconciled with the Victor umeh faction (it was on TV)

3 Ngige defeated obi and late akunyili together with a yoruba party, He's about to do it again. If you are looking for someone that has lost his political relevance in Anambra its Peter Obi as you can see in the election going on. Peter obi has no camp. A former commissioner under Peter obi is now with Ngige

4. stop fooling yourself, we are comparing Chime with obi not Enugu. Where are Peter Obi's signature projects in 8 years with a higher allocation than Chime. Have you visited nsukka?

You can cry from now till tomorrow, the profs point is still valid.
did you say Ngige defeated Dora? you no go kill me with laugh. I am one of those that have worked against Obi many time except in 2014 when Ngige failed to fulfill the promises he made when he invited us to his Awka office in 2011. You talked about Obi's former commissioner, you forgot that Odedo one of the voices in Idemmili politics have left APC to PDP.

Dear I traversed every nook and cranny of Anambra state campaigning for Soludo in 2010. I revere him but that will not make me to say he did well when he tried to delete history.

anything against GEJ will go viral on the internet. You talked about Soludo's write up being everywhere on the net and most read... grin shocked remember Mbaka's message also went viral. Who controls Nigeria media? It is anti GEJ therefore anything against him will become viral

You talked about Nsukka, lolzz. yopu dont even know where I live...

Chime has done well. He is building on existing structure. Obi almost started from the scratch... Never forget that...

I dont like Obi and I will never like him... but I wont say he didnt perform well in Anambra state...

I am sorry to make you get so provoked and call me names... I dont understand...

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Tackles Soludo by Kenai: 10:15pm On Jan 27, 2015
It was very obvious, from reading Soludo's article, that the man is still hurt over the trick Peter Obi played on him during the Anambra elections in 2013.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Tackles Soludo by Chigold101(m): 10:16pm On Jan 27, 2015
Alphaoscar:

So Enugu is also a no man's land?
lolzzz
grin cheesy
Enugu was the capital of Eastern region... Then later it became capital of Anambra State... There to capital of Enugu state...

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Tackles Soludo by Cuche: 10:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Most times you guys reason

Obi met a failed Anambra with everything in ruins:

Buddah, I am not trying to convince or force my opinion on you.
You spoke as though before Obi there was no Ngige. The real battle that was fought in Anambra was by Ngige and not Obi.
It was Ngige who made us realize there was money in the State.
You also spoke like Chime didn't fight any battles in Enugu. Chime's battles are somehow and I wouldn't like to go into too much details of the ones I know. But let me add that his battles nearly cost him his life and were enough to distract him from his set goals. You are not a kid so I don't need to remind you that battles brought down to your bedroom can unsettle a man. Are you forgetting that Chimaroke and the Ebeano herbalists were on his throat in his first 2 years in office
If you want history, subscribe and I will provide you with facts free of charge to help in your considerations
Re: Peter Obi Tackles Soludo by Cuche: 10:32pm On Jan 27, 2015
Kenai:
It was very obvious, from reading Soludo's article, that the man is still hurt over the trick Peter Obi played on him during the Anambra elections in 2013.
Even the blind could see that. If he had wanted to address Peter Obi why did he not pin a different article for it. This one had an unusual style of writing presenting facts with intermittent bursts of attacks on persons widely believed to have done him wrong
Re: Peter Obi Tackles Soludo by Cuche: 10:53pm On Jan 27, 2015
Chigold101:

mind you all the projects Obiano has been commissioning have been fully paid by Obi's government. So he cant even stop any of them.

I never ever worked for Obi because there are some parts of his life and governance I will never like...
Na you dey talk like this, I thought you know how govt projects works.
Obi did not fully PAY for all the projects he initiated before he left, he only mobilized his contractors collected his cut(commission). Some of the mobilizations were hugely unethical common sense will tell you that such mobilizations enabled him to get a fair cut as his time was drawing to an end
Further payements are made stage by stage and some of those projects were renegotiated. The issue of how much he left behind is highly contentious, he said over 70 billion in savings, I don't believe him one bit
Re: Peter Obi Tackles Soludo by EMANY01(m): 11:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
owobokiri:

You have a point there. .

Not just a point,that is [size=18pt]WISDOM[/size]:"in all thy getting,get wisdom".
Solomon was right and people like Ezekwesili and Soludo continue to prove that for all the knowledge that they have acquired and dedicated themselves to, they are principally not wise.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Tackles Soludo by manny4life(m): 11:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
The only reason why I am commenting on this is because Anambra is my state and I am sure proud of it. However, Soludo's comment about Peter Obi in the article wasn't hateful or antagonistic. He referred to Obi's ideology on saving is likened to that as a father who saves his salary meanwhile his children are hungry. He went on to say that as a result, unemployment rose from 20+% to 60+% at least according to the national statistics. I had my reservations for Obi; granted he saved money for Anambra, but what's the use of money in the bank when public infrastructure and enterprise is mostly needed.

One of those present took the satire to some level by comparing Jonathan to the ‘performance’ of the former Governor of Anambra, Peter Obi. He noted that while Obi gloated about ‘savings’, there is no signature project to remember his regime except that his regime took the first position among all states in Nigeria in the democratization of poverty—- mass impoverishment of the people of Anambra. According to the National Bureau of Statistics, poverty rose under his watch in Anambra from 20% in 2004 (lowest in Nigeria then) to 68% in 2010 (a 238% deterioration!). Our friend likened it to a father who had no idea of what to do with his resources and was celebrating his fat bank account while his children were dying of kwashiorkor. He pointed out that since it is the likes of Peter Obi who are the advisers to Jonathan on how to manage the economy (thereby confusing micromanagement which you do as a trader with macro governance) it is little wonder that poverty is fast becoming another name for Nigeria. It was a very hilarious evening.

This was the only comment made about Peter Obi, and when he talked about a signature project, it's not embarking on LARGE Construction projects. A good signature project Obi could have left behind could have been in transportation. #JustSaying
Re: Peter Obi Tackles Soludo by biafranqueen: 12:02am On Jan 28, 2015
manny4life:
The only reason why I am commenting on this is because Anambra is my state and I am sure proud of it. However, Soludo's comment about Peter Obi in the article wasn't hateful or antagonistic. He referred to Obi's ideology on saving is likened to that as a father who saves his salary meanwhile his children are hungry. He went on to say that as a result, unemployment rose from 20+% to 60+% at least according to the national statistics. I had my reservations for Obi; granted he saved money for Anambra, but what's the use of money in the bank when public infrastructure and enterprise is mostly needed.

This was the only comment made about Peter Obi, and when he talked about a signature project, it's not embarking on LARGE Construction projects. A good signature project Obi could have left behind could have been in transportation. #JustSaying
Transportation is good after a road network that can support it. The money was saved for part of the development plan. It will come out in stages, as the projects move forward. Those funds are earmarked, its not just sitting for nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Tackles Soludo by manny4life(m): 12:08am On Jan 28, 2015
biafranqueen:
Transportation is good after a road network that can support it. The money was saved for part of the development plan. It will come out in stages, as the projects move forward. Those funds are earmarked, its not just sitting for nothing.

What is this development plan? What type / kind of development projects are we talking about? We have to be honest in our assessment at least, when dealing with money and value.
Re: Peter Obi Tackles Soludo by FreeGlobe(f): 12:27am On Jan 28, 2015
Chigold101:
did you say Ngige defeated Dora? you no go kill me with laugh. I am one of those that have worked against Obi many time except in 2014 when Ngige failed to fulfill the promises he made when he invited us to his Awka office in 2011. You talked about Obi's former commissioner, you forgot that Odedo one of the voices in Idemmili politics have left APC to PDP.

Dear I traversed every nook and cranny of Anambra state campaigning for Soludo in 2010. I revere him but that will not make me to say he did well when he tried to delete history.

anything against GEJ will go viral on the internet. You talked about Soludo's write up being everywhere on the net and most read... grin shocked remember Mbaka's message also went viral. Who controls Nigeria media? It is anti GEJ therefore anything against him will become viral

You talked about Nsukka, lolzz. yopu dont even know where I live...

Chime has done well. He is building on existing structure. Obi almost started from the scratch... Never forget that...

I dont like Obi and I will never like him... but I wont say he didnt perform well in Anambra state...

I am sorry to make you get so provoked and call me names... I dont understand...
Sorry if I called you names but quick facts. Soludo didn't try to delete history, he deleted history of propaganda. Fyi. obi met a road revolution and security by Ngige when he came in, saying he didn't meet anything is a big lie. questions

1. Did Jonathan ever reply mbaka?
2. Are there no Chime projects in nsukka
3. For every Odedo there is an Afam ogene (strong obi supporter in house of reps) who joined Ngige in APC?
4. didn't Ngige defeat late dora again? Remind me

If you cannot dismiss soludos points with FACTS then quit trying
Re: Peter Obi Tackles Soludo by Nobody: 12:53am On Jan 28, 2015
Sorry bro how much do you know Anambra and where have you been in the state let us start from there.

manny4life:

What is this development plan? What type / kind of development projects are we talking about? We have to be honest in our assessment at least, when dealing with money and value.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Tackles Soludo by manny4life(m): 2:01am On Jan 28, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Sorry bro how much do you know Anambra and where have you been in the state let us start from there.

Chino, I only know of where I come from and that is Nnewi... Now, if you ask how much do I know of Anambra, that will depend on what metric. Are you asking from an economic perspective? I am lost on your question. I asked @brafranqueen some genuine questions but at the same time, we need to understand money and value... So I guess I am trying to figure out the context of your question.
Re: Peter Obi Tackles Soludo by Onyi42(m): 3:52am On Jan 28, 2015
The truth is that Peter Obi and Sullivan chime are the same class of people.... But I think Obi is more focus on a different type of transformation agenda while chime is more infrastructurely inclined
Re: Peter Obi Tackles Soludo by Nobody: 12:07am On Jan 29, 2015
relchange:
Soludo's point against Peter Obi remains unassailable, even if part of his motive is self-serving.
The only significant "signature project" achieved by Obi (if you want to call it that) is the handing back of schools to the missionary.
That alone relaunched Anambra as an education minded state, and the dividends will come in later.
But to Soludo's point, Anambra needs massive investment in infrastructure which could have launched the state to rapid development, even if we take on a little more debt.
Anyone comparing Soludo's genius to Peter Obis trader economics must be mentally ill.

Peter Obis signature achievement is the massive foreign investment his government attracted to anambra state. the stability that encouraged investors to Anambra...

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Tackles Soludo by Myluv1: 4:23pm On Jan 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:
Nice and good response cool

If Soludo had presented his view without condemning any person and praising the disgraceful OBJ, he might have being called to help GEJ's government

Soludo and Oby Ekwesili are not wise political technocrats.

A wise political technocrat avoids taking side but present his views in an apolitical way in order to appear as a good tool in the hands of any politician whether ruling or opposition. cool

While agreeing with some cogent points raised by Soludo, Obi regretted that the aim of the write-up was not to instruct or contribute to positive national discourse, but to hit back at those the Professor is nursing secret grudges against.

You can't but love this man called Peter. His discipline, intellect, commitment to purpose... We need more of his type in this country. Always playing fair even when surrounded by enemies.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Tackles Soludo by Myluv1: 4:41pm On Jan 30, 2015
Cuche:

Na you dey talk like this, I thought you know how govt projects works.
Obi did not fully PAY for all the projects he initiated before he left, he only mobilized his contractors collected his cut(commission). Some of the mobilizations were hugely unethical common sense will tell you that such mobilizations enabled him to get a fair cut as his time was drawing to an end
Further payements are made stage by stage and some of those projects were renegotiated. The issue of how much he left behind is highly contentious, he said over 70 billion in savings, I don't believe him one bit

You believing him or not does not matter. It is what is in the record books that matters. Obi mobilized some contractors as you rightly said but he had their payments well signed and saved in an account because you cannot pay all at once before completion; payments are made at various stages of projects. That is why Obiano is literally 'dancing' thru the projects like they are easy to accomplish, whereas they are Obi's efforts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Many Killed As Nigerian Army ambushes Boko Haram - Newsrescue / How To Transfer Money With Atm / Just Imagine That Barack Obama' S Father Was Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.