Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,078 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards (30389 Views)

Fayose Removes PDP Name & Logo From Campaign Office & Billboards / President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide / Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by chrisviral(m): 7:20am On Jan 27, 2015
While they are at it, they should come and carry Ironi, grin cheesy grin Dude even has a PVC cheesy
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by stanbiggi(m): 7:21am On Jan 27, 2015
I saw the gigantic bill board of APC at Accra close to Spintex Road or Shoprite Acca mall. I was wondering what was it doing there!
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by searider(m): 7:23am On Jan 27, 2015
Why are they campaigning in Ghana? Mek I speak pidgin sef to show my displeasure.

Why na only GEJ and GMB go carry their Billborads go place for Ghana? Abi na only 2 political parties we get for naija.

Abeg abeg this people don dey annoy me sef. Which kain rubbish b dis sef. Small time now dem go export Billboards to US and UK in d name of campaign. God know say I no go vote for dem. Na LP b my new party now. These 2 old men go shock when dem no go win dis election *tongue out*

1 Like

Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by slap1(m): 7:24am On Jan 27, 2015
Sadly, I may never run out of reasons to be ashamed of this country...
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by Nickymezor(f): 7:28am On Jan 27, 2015
Beesluv:
Very good of them. Do Ghanaians campaign in Nigeria
i really wonder ooo..
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by Nickymezor(f): 7:31am On Jan 27, 2015
Datz really gud.. Campaign in only Naija abeg
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by DBlackCeazer(m): 7:33am On Jan 27, 2015
dharyour93:
It's good that Ghana did that.

Firstly, this shows that Ghana is a country with high intelligence and security consciousness

Secondly, It was impartial in doing this because it removed the billboard of both the APC & PDP

Thirdly, why should Nigeria draw Ghana into its politics? Have you ever seen any billboard belonging to Ghana in Nigeria?

Fortly, I'm sure those who erected the billboards did not follow due process. If they had done so, they would have been told beforehand.

Nigerian politicians like wasting money sha. That was how a politician approached CNN for adverts despite its been expensive. Thank God CNN didn't accept.
U AND ZHARIA GO THE SAME SCHOOL?LOL.
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by mudiana(m): 7:39am On Jan 27, 2015
darisgod:
Yes

Y did dey place dir billboards in Ghana

Can Ghanains vote now?
I taya oh! them for go put am for UK na.
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by Heart2heart(m): 7:50am On Jan 27, 2015
dharyour93:

Firstly, this shows that Ghana is a country with high intelligence and security consciousness

Secondly, It was impartial in doing this because it removed the billboard of both the APC & PDP

Thirdly, why should Nigeria draw Ghana into its politics? Have you ever seen any billboard belonging to Ghana in Nigeria?
if u were asked to get married at d age of last two digitz of ur phone number, wich age will yours be? mine is 81, Holy ghost fire o=D*rotfl*:p pls dnt spoil d fun... I'm sure those who erected the billboards did not follow due process. If they had done so, they would have been told beforehand.

Nigerian politicians like wasting money sha. That was how a politician approached CNN for adverts despite its been expensive. Thank God CNN didn't accept.
. See the spelling of your "fourthly". That is the effect of having an illiterate leader/family leading 160million nigerians. Education will go for doldrums.
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by Dez80: 7:51am On Jan 27, 2015
dharyour93:

Fortly, I'm sure those who erected the billboards did not follow due process. If they had done so, they would have been told beforehand.

Im very sure its Jonathan. Cos that man penchant for waste is appalling.
Vote Buhari for change and lets end this wastage!

1 Like

Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by ray2Dmond(m): 7:56am On Jan 27, 2015
wettin concern us with that.....change ni koko
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by nkemdi89(f): 7:57am On Jan 27, 2015
That has come to show nigeria still remains the giant of Africa if our countries political activity is having an effect in ghana and other Africa, we have some other Africa countries going to the poll this year also but little is said or heard of them.
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by Excellentmind: 8:00am On Jan 27, 2015
Yes, removal of campaign billboards in Accra is a welcome development as it will serve as a deterrent to some of us who do not believe in Nigeria but rate Ghana higher than her level in all frontiers.
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by kent79: 8:04am On Jan 27, 2015
new2020:

There are more than a million Nigerians living in Ghana...they have to vote and such amount of votes can make a difference!

How will they be able to vote when they are not residing in Nigeria for now
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 27, 2015
kent79:

How will they be able to vote when they are not residing in Nigeria for now
Nigerian citizens in diaspora can vote at Nigerian embassy.
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by larryUG(m): 8:16am On Jan 27, 2015
courage54:
Nice

Buhari shed tears yet again as Mai Talle Tara a 82 years old woman saw him in Kebbi and donated her life savings, GMB couldn't hold back his emotions. The voice of the people is the voice of God.

#IHAVEDECIDED
SAI BUHARI/OSIBANJO

God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Niger-Delta

I want to special dedicate this space to BUHARI/OSIBANJO
a 99 yr old man saw Gej in enugu and donated his entire life savings. my point; ur story is for d gods
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by freethinker01: 8:22am On Jan 27, 2015
ichommy:

freethinker01, u dey wat i do? Ya Punishment dey do press up. U dey Book space. Just kidding, How was ya nite?
it was awesome, splendid, filled with passion........ Lemme stop here, o think I've said too much aiidy. Hw's urs?
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by Molake94(m): 8:27am On Jan 27, 2015
new2020:

There are more than a million Nigerians living in Ghana...they have to vote and such amount of votes can make a difference!
hmmmm are you sure they would be able to vote when in Nigeria there is no enough PVC not to talk about those who are not in NIGERIA. #ALLISWELL
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by CHPR: 8:29am On Jan 27, 2015
It is quite wrong NG putting their bill board in gh for campaign...

But the truth is that GH intensively hate NG, they hate hearing that name especially that NGs are very rich. it gives them the worst news of their life. ask any NGn that have spent a WK in GH.

THEY AR VERY WICKED.
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by kent79: 8:31am On Jan 27, 2015
new2020:

Nigerian citizens in diaspora can vote at Nigerian embassy.

When did that start?
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by clemostika: 8:33am On Jan 27, 2015
courage54:
Nice

Buhari shed tears yet again as Mai Talle Tara a 82 years old woman saw him in Kebbi and donated her life savings, GMB couldn't hold back his emotions. The voice of the people is the voice of God.

#IHAVEDECIDED
SAI BUHARI/OSIBANJO

God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Niger-Delta

I want to special dedicate this space to BUHARI/OSIBANJO
wait a minute... how has this got to do with Ghanaian pulling down your candidate's campaign billboard in Accra
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by ichommy(m): 8:37am On Jan 27, 2015
freethinker01:
it was awesome, splendid, filled with passionate........ Lemme stop here, o think I've said too much aiidy. Hw's urs?
lol. Good
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 27, 2015
Ghanian should understand that we are all African and a good neighbour d hatred are becoming something else
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by gbishman: 8:41am On Jan 27, 2015
very smart move. Thumbs .
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by dharyour93(m): 8:53am On Jan 27, 2015
Heart2heart:
. See the spelling of your "fourthly". That is the effect of having an illiterate leader/family leading 160million nigerians. Education will go for doldrums.

Lol. Thanks for pointing out my mistake. I wud have said it was due to an autocorrect error but the blame game has to end so I'll blame it on my oversight.
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by mousco(m): 9:08am On Jan 27, 2015
Did inec took ad hoc staff 2 register them? Now buhari is flagin his campaign billboard there ..... Election rigging suspeccted
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by wazobiaN9(m): 9:22am On Jan 27, 2015
darisgod:
Yes

Y did dey place dir billboards in Ghana

Can Ghanains vote now?

Your big head has nothing inside.

No point informing you that the billboards ad may influence the decision of over 2 million Nigerians residing in Ghana who may want to come home to vote.. cheesy
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by hardbody: 9:24am On Jan 27, 2015
new2020:

Most of you didn't know that Nigerians in diaspora can vote at the Nigerian embassy.

Nigerians in diaspora? Vote from the embassies? For which people? The clueless or the illiterate? Are you people that jobless? Sitting down here i find both candidates unfit and you guys want to go and queue at the embassies to vote? Anyways, I wish you guys God's speed.

Meanwhile, would that right justify defacing other people's countries with posters? Which other countries are they sending their posters to? Or is it only in Ghana that diasporians live? What happened to the online campaign on the social media such as CNN and Al Jazeerah etc.
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by wazobiaN9(m): 9:25am On Jan 27, 2015
Beesluv:
Very good of them. Do Ghanaians campaign in Nigeria

another block head.

do they also have the population or financial muscle Nigeria has??

do you know the sheer number of Nigerians living in Ghana

This has been an act of xenophobia by the Ghanaian people... and posterity will not forget.
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by wazobiaN9(m): 9:42am On Jan 27, 2015
dharyour93:

Fourhtly, I'm sure those who erected the billboards did not follow due process. If they had done so, they would have been told beforehand.

The ignorance of many Nigerians on this subject appears to know no bounds.

There is no law against politicians campaigning on any global platform especially when you think you can speak to possible voters via the medium.

There are over 2 millions Nigerians residing in Ghana, and I can tell you that a majority are deeply interested in the elections and coming home to vote in fact.

This act by the Ghanaian government is as a result of the heightened xenophobia against Nigerian interests by its people. Several hate comments were made against Nigeria on several Ghanaian stations (radio & tv), Ghana web sites and many other media simply because of the seemingly harmless adverts. This is not uncommon tho.

I speak as a Nigerian working & living in Ghana.. till I resign or get transferred back by my coy. I can tell you that the first hand experience of this subject is not particularly pleasant.

Posterity will not forget this and many other acts of hate against Nigeria by our West African brothers and sisters. If we don't learn from history, it will repeat itself...
Re: Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards by NovusHomo(m): 9:44am On Jan 27, 2015
What were those posters doing in Ghana?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uchechi Okwu Kanu's Interview With BBC: "2019, No Nnamdi Kanu, No Voting" / Is Ambode No Longer Loyal To Tinubu And APC? / 'na Soldiers Kill People For Lekki''- Dino Melaye Sings In New Music Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.