Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,227 members, 7,807,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan (815 Views)

Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / Now There Is No Money To Run Government – Amaechi / I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by shiffi(m): 5:07am On Jan 27, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday promised that he would not run a government of intimidation if re-elected for the second term during the February 14 presidential election. He said he would run a government that would allow Nigerians to express their minds without any fear of intimidation. Jonathan made the promise during the Peoples Democratic Party presidential rally held at the Metropolitan Square, Ilorin, Kwara State. He said he would not preside over an administration under which Nigerians would be thinking they are in a zoo, where small animals would be afraid of the big ones. He said, “My message to you is that we will work with you to ensure that Nigerians are free. “We will ensure that you are not governed by intimidation. “You must be able to express yourself without fear of intimidation. That is why I signed the Freedom of Information Act. “We will not allow a situation where Nigerians will think they are in a zoo, where small animals are afraid of the big ones.” He said his administration was forming a government of young minds because of its conviction that Nigeria belonged to the youth. He said since the inception of his administration, he had shown commitment to repositioning the country. The President said his administration had done so much that he would not disappoint Nigerians. He mentioned some of the areas his administration had made giant leaps to include railway, health care, agriculture and the economy. Jonathan recalled that the nation’s economy had grown under his watch to become the largest in Africa. This, he said, was not achieved by chance. He said the feat was achieved by the commitment of the economic team that was working day and night. The President said world bodies such as the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, the Cable News Network and
others had spoken in support of the visible growth in the nation’s economy. He wondered if Nigerians who criticised his government’s economic policies were more brilliant than the world bodies. President Jonathan warned such people to stop deceiving Nigerians. Earlier, Vice President Namadi Sambo had said that the present administration had transformed the nation’s economy to become the best in Africa. He said the administration transformed the power sector to a stage that the nation now generates over 4,000MW contrary to the about 2,000MW at the inception of their administration. He also noted that the Federal Government had reformed the transport sector by adding 20,000km of tarred roads to the nation’s road network. In the education sector, Sambo recalled that 12 federal universities were established by the administration, saying Jonathan deserved a second term. The National Chairman of the PDP, Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu, regretted that some people were trying to rubbish the President’s achievements for political gains. He said the President had performed better than all his predecessors. “The President has performed more than the others that have come before him. No Nigerian leader before him has done as much as he is doing,” Mu’azu said.
Source:punchng.com
Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by shiffi(m): 5:09am On Jan 27, 2015
LOL!!! our Zoology doctorate strikes
again. Please in normal zoos outside
Otuoke aren’t predators kept apart
from prey aren’t big animals kept apart from small animals?? If
Jonathan had earned his certificate he
would know this. If he run Nigeria like
an actual zoologist would we would be
moving forward and not in this mess.
Ftc things

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by eleko1: 5:10am On Jan 27, 2015
sad aren't we in zoo already with this clueless man ineptitude? sad CHANGE ON THE WAY tongue tongue
Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 5:12am On Jan 27, 2015
The zoologist is not being fair!
Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by EdCure: 5:13am On Jan 27, 2015
Vote GMB
Enough of this cluelessness!

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by Yeske2(m): 5:22am On Jan 27, 2015
shiffi:
LOL!!! our Zoology doctorate strikes
again. Please in normal zoos outside
Otuoke aren’t predators kept apart
from prey aren’t big animals kept apart from small animals?? If
Jonathan had earned his certificate he
would know this. If he run Nigeria like
an actual zoologist would we would be
moving forward and not in this mess.
Ftc things
I tire o, only in Otuoke will a Lion and an antelope be kept in same cage.
Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:45am On Jan 27, 2015
Joke of the week from the zoologist
Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by Godfullsam(m): 6:07am On Jan 27, 2015
But you are running nigeria like an enterprise sad
Ok, continue .... February 14 is around the corner already.
Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by fiverrwin(f): 6:17am On Jan 27, 2015
Like u have been running it for past 6 years

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by jorlons(m): 6:19am On Jan 27, 2015
This is what happens when people who are supposed to be zoo keepers end up as president of the most populous black nation.

He must always talk about railway in his campaign. And if I hear say Nigeria has over 4000megawhat? Make dem nor try am.....lie lie naim one kill this man.

GEJ until you kneel down in front of cameras and apologize to Nigerians sincerely for failing don't expect a second term.
Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by vincencior(m): 6:22am On Jan 27, 2015
Oh my God here we go again.

Gej u are hereby immediately redeployed to otuoke community zoo with effect from 29th may, 2015.

Note dat by this redeployment, u seize to be d president and C in C of Nigeria. u are also entitle to one personal ass. to be choosen from okrika town.

May God help u in ur new assignment.

God bless Nigeria.

signed:
GMB
Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by omenka(m): 6:24am On Jan 27, 2015
fiverrwin:
Like u have been running it for past 6 years
Exactly!!! Hain, your head dey there! I expected him to add "like I have been running it for the past 6years" to the end of the statement or say something like "I won't run it like a zoo anymore".

Mr Jonathan, your Freedom of Info act isn't worth more than the paper upon which it was typed. If it was worth more than that, we would have known how much you are worth today. Stop thinking us fools mr president.
Re: I Won’t Run Government Like A Zoo, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 27, 2015
cchg

(1) (Reply)

WATCH: Amaechi Dance Shoki With Davido As He Declares Jonathan A Goner / We Are Holding Nigerians As Our Slaves - Asari Dokubo / Presidents Do Better In Second Term-Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.