Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

On Kerry's Visit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Kerry's Visit (483 Views)

Why Did John Kerry Visit Only The North? / John Kerry’s Visit To Nigeria Is To Interpret The Handwriting On The Wall- Pix / Who Is More Relaxed Here (GMB Or GEJ) In The Meeting With John Kerry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On Kerry's Visit by sidecheek(f): 7:03am On Jan 27, 2015
This I got as a BC mesage on BBM a few days back and I decided to share. The author is hereby acknowledged as Temmie.

In 1998 Nigeria was tensed with perceivable tensions everywhere just before the election that would have ushered Gen. Abacha's transmutation from a Military Head of State to a civilian president through unprecedented adoptions as a sole candidate of all leading parties. The main oppositions were NADECO members who were either on exile or hiding around the country. MKO the people's choice was in a detention in Abuja. It was a harrowing experience and the darkest days of our country. Then the former UN Secretary General and Chief Emeka Anyaoku intervened, they met the two leading figures separately. Later the American Secretary of State came and suddenly there was a mysterious solution to the lingering problems.

Today, we are faced with same tension and palpable fears from all quarters. The drums of war have started and the drummers don't seem to give a damn about the consequences. Meanwhile, just like in 1998, the former UN Secretary General and Chief Anyaoku have met the two leading figures. As I write, John Kerry the US Secretary of State is meeting GMB and GEJ separately.

Can we safely conclude that a divine solution is on the way? Are there no similarities between the incidents of 1998 and 2015? I pray that we are able to conduct the elections in peace, freely and fairly. I pray also that we don't lose any more life or lives in resolving our problems. I pray in particular that GMB and GEJ live longer to contribute their quotas to the peace, progress and development of our great country.

God bless Nigeria!
Re: On Kerry's Visit by iceberylin(m): 7:24am On Jan 27, 2015
Incase sha

(1) (Reply)

Pdp..acting Like The Opposition. / Is President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Really Bad? / Cool FM Campaign Team At PDP Presidential Rally Asaba (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.