Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,528 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:14 PM

A Wife's Greatest Weapon. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Wife's Greatest Weapon. (12067 Views)

See How A Wife Was Battered By Her Husband On Christmas Day / What A Husband Needs From A Wife Is Never Sex / A Husband's Greatest Weapon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 6:05pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

The bolded is very funny to me. Men naturally respect? With the many instances of female discrimination and absolute unbridled dominance? thats respect to you? Are you kidding me? Do you know what 1st peter 3 vs 7 says? Husbands are told to show their wives honour. What is honour? If you scan through the bible, you will see that it preaches mutual respect for both husbands and wives. Its not a quality restricted to just wives.
A man can't love without submitting, but a woman can.

1 Like

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 6:07pm On Jan 27, 2015
carefreewannabe:

But not every man has got ego issues. wink

true

3 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
men respect naturally that's why you can't find guys having issues amongst themselves like ladies. Women love naturally that's why you see ladies greet each other with hugs,pecks etc.
In marriage above all a man must learn to love more and a woman must learn to respect more.
Sorry but these are baseless assumptions.

7 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
A man can't love without submitting, but a woman can.

What? now you getting things mixed up. Have you read that portion i mentioned at all? What does it mean to show someone Honour?
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 6:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
ArewaSweetheart:

Submission is one out of the many other attributes men desire from their women. Mind you, what is good for one might not be good for all. Thus, a wise woman will study the likes & dislikes of her hubby & try her best to maintain peace & tranquility in her home. cool
you will agree with me that disrespect is something most men can't live with.
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by obowunmi(m): 6:11pm On Jan 27, 2015
1) her brilliance

2) her cooking skills

3) bedmatics
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 6:12pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

What? now you getting things mixed up. Have you read that portion i mentioned at all? What does it mean to show someone Honour?
it also said women are the weaker vessels. If you look at the thread for husbands,a husband is supposed to love his wife unconditionally no matter what,that also involves honouring her.
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 6:14pm On Jan 27, 2015
obowunmi:
1) her brilliance

2) her cooking skills

3) bedmatics
pls explain
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by crackhaus: 6:14pm On Jan 27, 2015
donpeey22:
I had to do a quick search for the meaning of submission to be double sure of what I already knew it to be which in the context of marriage relationships is yielding to and letting one partner lead and make decisions in the relationship while the other abides by such decisions. However, I wouldn't mind if you bare your own understanding of the concept of submission.
That's basically what it is.

Nothing to do with who is more intelligent, or who makes more money.
Recognizing that the husband is the head, leader, and administrator of the home is the concept of submission.

How the woman chooses to go about her interpretation of submission is where wisdom comes in, which is basically what stooping to conquer entails as mentioned in the OP.

4 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

True. And i avoid such men at all cost!! A man who is always about you massaging his ego to make him feel better about himself, a major turn off.

Definitely and as soon as his mouth utters the word submission, he is a suspect.

1 Like

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
it also said women are the weaker vessels. If you look at the thread for husbands,a husband is supposed to love his wife unconditionally no matter what,that also involves honouring her.

Yes. Unconditional love and honour were mentioned seperately in the bible. That word "Honour" means Deep respect, high regard. just as men love to be respected women also want to be treated the same and that is what the bible is saying. Im trying to let you know that respect is for both sexes.

4 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 6:18pm On Jan 27, 2015
crackhaus:

Recognizing that the husband is the head, leader, and administrator of the home is the concept of submission.

How the woman chooses to go about her interpretation of submission is where wisdom comes in, which is basically what stooping to conquer entails as mentioned in the OP.
thank you
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Definitely and as soon as his mouth utters the word submission, he is a suspect.

hehehe. seriously i do not have a problem with that word "submission". But i have a problem with the constant harping on that word by many and the interpretation of it by insecure men who are not confident within themselves.
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

hehehe. seriously i do not have a problem with that word "submission". But i have a problem with the constant harping on that word by many and the interpretation of it by insecure men who are not confident within themselves.

I do have a problem with this word and the men who are obsessed with this word. Now that everyone knows, stay away from Carefree. cheesy
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 27, 2015
carefreewannabe:

I do have a problem with this word and the men who are obsessed with this word. Now that everyone knows, stay away from Carefree. cheesy

grin grin

I do not blame you at all. That word has been bastardized and many women have died because of it.

#sigh#

5 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

grin grin

I do not blame you at all. That word has been bastardized and many women have died because of it.

#sigh#

These are just two of the many reasons why I have a problem with the word and those men.

To each their own, I am allergic to submission. grin

1 Like

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 27, 2015
crackhaus:

Then my earlier opinion still stands because if I were a woman, I will never yield to or be led by a man who is less intelligent than I am. At best we could be equal partners with equal rights to decision making in the relationship, but to let such man alone decide what holds in the family is a recipe for disaster. No wonder why so many homes are in shambles.
It is just like saying that in an organization a man must be the MD simply for the mere fact that he is a man while there are more intelligent women who are better qualified to hold such positions.

6 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2015
carefreewannabe:

These are just two of the many reasons why I have a problem with the word and those men.

To each their own, I am allergic to submission. grin

grin grin

Truly, being submissive to a brute or a cheat is impossible. no wonder the many cries for submission by men who dnt deserve it.

3 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by crackhaus: 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2015
donpeey22:
Then my earlier opinion still stands because if I were a woman, I will never yield to or be led by a man who is less intelligent than I am. At best we could be equal partners with equal rights to decision making in the relationship, but to let such man alone decide what holds in the family is a recipe for disaster. No wonder why so many homes are in shambles.
It is just like saying that in an organization a man must be the MD simply for the mere fact that he is a man while there are more intelligent women who are better qualified to hold such positions.
If after my earlier comment you still ended up typing the bold texts, then you're definitely still missing it by a long shot.

However, why did that woman agree to marry a man less intelligent than she is only to hold it against him after the wedding?
She didn't know he was less intelligent, no?

3 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2015
carefreewannabe:

lol
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 6:47pm On Jan 27, 2015
donpeey22:
then why did she marry him. does she know the role of a husband?
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 27, 2015
Honestly, the best guide for christian women making the right choices of partners is to marry a man they can easily be submissive to. If a man has traits that would make submissiveness very difficult, do not marry him. For me, a cheat or a brute or an irresponsible man who has no respect for women and who isnt well grounded spiritually isnt in my bucket list. submission would be extremely difficult for me to such a man.

3 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

grin grin

Truly, being submissive to a brute or a cheat is impossible. no wonder the many cries for submission by men who dnt deserve it.

Whether he is an angel or the devil himself does not matter. What matters is my understanding of a relationship. For me a healthy relationship is one that is based on an equal footing and not a slave / master, servant / boss something. All decisions will be made based on consensus and the consensus will be reached after we have TOGETHER carefully considered the pros and cons, the costs, the efficiency and legitimacy. The only exception will be made when a decision requires expert knowledge, which I lack or vice versa. If he, for example, is a computer expert and we want to buy a new computer, he can make the decision because he is an expert and not because he has got a joystick. If a decision requires expert knowledge that he lacks but I have, then he should trust me.

I don't need a head, I have my own and I don't need a leader, I know the way myself.

We can support each other in the journey called life but you are not my daddy, not my master and not my boss. We are best friends and partners or we will go our separate ways.

7 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 27, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Whether he is an angel or the devil himself does not matter. What matters is my understanding of a relationship. For me a healthy relationship is one that is based on an equal footing and not a slave / master, servant / boss something. All decisions will be made based on consensus and the consensus will be reached after we have TOGETHER carefully considered the pros and cons, the costs, the efficiency and legitimacy. The only exception will be made when a decision requires expert knowledge, which I lack or vice versa. If he, for example, is a computer expert and we want to buy a new computer, he can make the decision because he is an expert and not because he has got a joystick. If a decision requires expert knowledge that he lacks but I have, then he should trust me.

I don't need a head, I have my own and I don't need a leader, I know the way myself.

We can support each other in the journey called life but you are not my daddy, not my master and not my boss. We are best friends and partners or we will go our separate ways.

As long as it works for you and your partner, no problemo. Sincerely, thats how healthy relationships with mutual respect are run.
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
then why did she marry him. does she know the role of a husband?
Well if a lady knew from courtship that her man is so interested in her being submissive to his whims and yet went ahead to marry him despite knowing that he is not intelligent enough to make better decisions on their behalf, then she has the blames.

2 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 7:19pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:
Honestly, the best guide for christian women making the right choices of partners is to marry a man they can easily be submissive to. If a man has traits that would make submissiveness very difficult, do not marry him. For me, a cheat or a brute or an irresponsible man who has no respect for women and who isnt well grounded spiritually isnt in my bucket list. submission would be extremely difficult for me to such a man.
true. how can you tell that he is a brute or cheat during courtship?

1 Like

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 7:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
carefreewannabe:

hmmm. what then is the role of a husband?
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 7:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
carefreewannabe:

do you need a husband or a partner?
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
do you need a husband or a partner?

I don't need neither, at best I want one. And my husband, if I ever decide to get married, should be my partner.

Husband = partner + best friend, don't know what your definition of a husband is.

1 Like

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
true. how can you tell that he is a brute or cheat during courtship?

His beliefs as regards morals, his speech and actions and underground investigations from people who know him. Brutes and cheats never pretend when you keep emotions aside to see clearly.

1 Like

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
hmmm. what then is the role of a husband?

The role of the husband is to be there for his wife, to love, respect and support her and the role of the wife is to be there for her husband, to love, respect and support him. They should be each other's biggest fans and most sincere critics. wink They should also be like best friends.

3 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Gbam! Case closed....round peg in a round hole

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Wife Caught Me Red Handed With Our Maiden / Domesticating Nigerian Men / Letter To Nigerian Parents.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.