Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

A Husband's Greatest Weapon. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Husband's Greatest Weapon. (4626 Views)

What A Husband Needs From A Wife Is Never Sex / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best / A Wife's Greatest Weapon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by mytime24(f): 8:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
@op, dis tittle 2ur thread is mis-leadin sha, i evn tink say na weapon of mass destructn........#fearcatchme grin
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by bukatyne(f): 8:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
Timbuktou:
No such thing exists, whether in heaven or earth. No, I don't believe in it.

You believe in unconditional submission?

1 Like

Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 8:38pm On Jan 27, 2015
Timbuktou:
And you practise unconditional love? Seriously? As in, unconditional. You show this love irrespective of what your wife does. Note I didn't ask if you're working towards it o.
yes

1 Like

Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 8:38pm On Jan 27, 2015
Timbuktou:
No such thing exists, whether in heaven or earth. No, I don't believe in it.
it exists bro.

1 Like

Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 27, 2015
bukatyne:

You believe in unconditional submission?
Hmm. Let me try to wriggle my way outta this.

When I say I don't believe in love, what I mean is, people don't love and expect nothing in return, which is unconditional love. So, if as a husband, I show/practise love to my wife I expect her to show me love/submission in return.

Also, her submission to me isn't out of a desire to submit for the sake of it or her love for me but, to have a happy home, a "loving", happy husband, etc.

The point at which we realise that our love/submission will not bring the desired results; a loving husband, a submissive wife, is when marriages tend to break down.

Even when the marriages do not break down, we tend to play our roles in a bid to experience a change of fortunes for the better/status quo. Perhaps, our spouses might see the error of their ways because I'm playing my part, blah blah blah. Gettest thou, I, sis? grin
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
yes
Well, then. That's wonderful of you. Keep it up.
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 8:58pm On Jan 27, 2015
mytime24:
@op, dis tittle 2ur thread is mis-leadin sha, i evn tink say na weapon of mass destructn........#fearcatchme grin
na weapon of home building.
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 9:00pm On Jan 27, 2015
Timbuktou:

When I say I don't believe in love, what I mean is, people don't love and expect nothing in return, which is unconditional love. So, if as a husband, I show/practise love to my wife I expect her to show me love/submission in return.

Also, her submission to me isn't out of a desire to submit for the sake of it or her love for me but, to have a happy home, a "loving", happy husband, etc.

The point at which we realise that our love/submission will not bring the desired results; a loving husband, a submissive wife, is when marriages tend to break down.

Even when the marriages do not break down, we tend to play our roles in a bid to experience a change of fortunes for the better/status quo. Perhaps, our spouses might see the error of their ways because I'm playing my part, blah blah blah. Gettest thou, I, sis? grin
I get you now.
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by bukatyne(f): 9:35pm On Jan 27, 2015
Timbuktou:

Hmmm

Correct though a husband is to love first and wife submits.

However when they are in the flow, your post happens

And yet when a guy/lady says a wife/husband must play their part, it looks like blame shifting lipsrsealed

Lol @ wriggling your way out
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 9:40pm On Jan 27, 2015
bukatyne:

Hmmm

Correct though a husband is to love first and wife submits.

However when they are in the flow, your post happens

And yet when a guy/lady says a wife/husband must play their part, it looks like blame shifting lipsrsealed

Lol @ wriggling your way out
a husband should love first before the wife submits?
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by bukatyne(f): 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:

Yea
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 27, 2015
bukatyne:

Hmmm

1. Correct though a husband is to love first and wife submits.

2. However when they are in the flow, your post happens

3. And yet when a guy/lady says a wife/husband must play their part, it looks like blame shifting lipsrsealed

4. Lol @ wriggling your way out

1. Nah, no first or second. Just play your role and stop looking about.

2. Thanks for being gracious.

3. So, it would seem

4. Hehehehe. Succeeded, eh?

1 Like

Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 5:45am On Jan 28, 2015
A man should love his wife just as Christ loves the church. Datz all.
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by crackhaus: 6:40am On Jan 28, 2015
Lateralmaths:
Or sponsor her trip (first class) to Dubai once every year... gringrin

Now do you understand why unconditional love is a God-quality not easily possessed even by the best of us?
Everyone is in it to get something in return.
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 6:44am On Jan 28, 2015
crackhaus:

Now do you understand why unconditional love is a God-quality not easily possessed even by the best of us?
We have God in us. grin
crackhaus:

We have God in us.
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by crackhaus: 6:57am On Jan 28, 2015
Lateralmaths:
We have God in us. grin
Even Obasanjo thinks he has God in him. grin

That unconditional love you're talking about may exist, but I can assure you that loving any woman unconditionally will bring more pain than happiness - that is the unfortunate reality behind unconditional loving.

And unless you have a perfect spirit in you like Jesus did whilst on earth, then you will surely break - even Jesus himself got fed up at one point.

Have you met any human with a perfect spirit? cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by jadelyn007(f): 1:02pm On Jan 28, 2015
Nice one lateralmaths, I am a very submissive wife to my husband that loves me unconditionally as christ loved the church.

Its very easy for a woman to submit to a man who loves her as christ loved the church even tho her heart is made of diamonds

On the other hand, the fact that a wife is very submissive doesn't mean that the husband will love her unconditionally. Our ancestral mothers were very submissive but what did they get in return apart from suffering inside and smiling outside, that's why you see bukatyne said the man should love first.

It takes the grace of God to find a man with the love of christ in this 21st century. Christ washed his disciples feet, how many men can even drop their ego to help out their wives in the kitchen.
Christ knew simeon peter would betray him but he prayed for him, christ knew that judas would betray him but he still feed him at the same table all the same, how many men can truly love their wives as christ loved the church?

Women used to be very submissive but they stopped because the men were not keeping their own sides of the bargain. That's why you notice divorce rates are soaring every day.

1 Like

Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by bukatyne(f): 1:58pm On Jan 28, 2015
Timbuktou:

1. Nah, no first or second. Just play your role and stop looking about.

2. Thanks for being gracious.

3. So, it would seem

4. Hehehehe. Succeeded, eh?

Let me mark your script first na

Husbands are to love their wives first... Men are called to be head of their wives as Christ was the head of the Church. While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (out of love.....)

In reality, I doubt a woman will wait 'let my husband love me and I will submit' because it will be difficult to have a demark point. However, I solely believe a man must approach a woman and must have genuine feelings (which will grow deeper) before approaching her and start exhibiting the love wifey responds to.

I am also a firm believer of love/submission in courtship because no magic on the wedding night turns a man/woman loving or submissive

That said, the love/submission thingy sef na same... Look at the characteristics of love in 1Cor 13: 4 - 8 and really is same...

Husbands are also expected to respect their wives and wives love their husbands.

@ your no 1, hmmm....

2 Likes

Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 28, 2015
All i have to say is when a woman is loved unconditionally,she becomes ten times better than she used to be...the way God created women lipsrsealed
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 28, 2015
bukatyne:

1. Let me mark your script first na

2. Husbands are to love their wives first... Men are called to be head of their wives as Christ was the head of the Church. While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (out of love.....)

3. In reality, I doubt a woman will wait 'let my husband love me and I will submit' because it will be difficult to have a demark point. However, I solely believe a man must approach a woman and must have genuine feelings (which will grow deeper) before approaching her and start exhibiting the love wifey responds to.

4. I am also a firm believer of love/submission in courtship because no magic on the wedding night turns a man/woman loving or submissive

5. That said, the love/submission thingy sef na same... Look at the characteristics of love in 1Cor 13: 4 - 8 and really is same...

6. Husbands are also expected to respect their wives and wives love their husbands.

@ your no 1, hmmm....

1. smiley

2. When you say husbands are to love their wives first, you put conditions on the commandment to submit. However, we know that both are commanded to play a role. Wives are to submit whether or not they have loving husbands.

3. In agreement.

4. Oui, madame. Tu es on point.

5. I wouldn't say same, I'd say sides of the same coin.

6. In agreement.

How was work today?
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by mgbeketoto: 1:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
A man's greatest weapon IS TO RESPECT HIMSELF always! kiss

2 Likes

Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
There is such a thing as unconditional love. It's the xtupidest form of love known to man, and consequently, the most abused.
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by bukatyne(f): 3:44pm On Jan 29, 2015
Timbuktou:

1. smiley

2. When you say husbands are to love their wives first, you put conditions on the commandment to submit. However, we know that both are commanded to play a role. Wives are to submit whether or not they have loving husbands.

3. In agreement.

4. Oui, madame. Tu es on point.

5. I wouldn't say same, I'd say sides of the same coin.

6. In agreement.

How was work today?

This your style of numbering posts na wire angry

1. Don't smile @ me; wait for your results tongue

2. I am not putting conditions or saying a wife should not 'submit' if her hubby is not loving (She is to if she is a Christian). A husband is to love his wife as Christ loved the church etc. (which is loving her first). However if a man is not a Christian, then the woman is OYO. Besides, a woman is not expected to submit except she is a Christian. If they are both not Christians, they can do as they deem fit wink

3, 4, 6: cheesy (working smart and not 'hardwork')

5. They are same to me (let's disagree to agree) grin

Work was fine my broda cheesy and yours and family?
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 4:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
There is such a thing as unconditional love. It's the xtupidest form of love known to man, and consequently, the most abused.
sure?
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 4:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
mgbeketoto:
A man's greatest weapon IS TO RESPECT HIMSELF always! kiss
how?
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
just say that you have never experienced unconditional love.
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
Modesayo:
All i have to say is when a woman is loved unconditionally,she becomes ten times better than she used to be...the way God created women lipsrsealed
true
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 4:41pm On Jan 29, 2015
jadelyn007:
Nice one lateralmaths, I am a very submissive wife to my husband that loves me unconditionally as christ loved the church.

Its very easy for a woman to submit to a man who loves her as christ loved the church even tho her heart is made of diamonds

On the other hand, the fact that a wife is very submissive doesn't mean that the husband will love her unconditionally. Our ancestral mothers were very submissive but what did they get in return apart from suffering inside and smiling outside, that's why you see bukatyne said the man should love first.

It takes the grace of God to find a man with the love of christ in this 21st century. Christ washed his disciples feet, how many men can even drop their ego to help out their wives in the kitchen.
Christ knew simeon peter would betray him but he prayed for him, christ knew that judas would betray him but he still feed him at the same table all the same, how many men can truly love their wives as christ loved the church?

Women used to be very submissive but they stopped because the men were not keeping their own sides of the bargain. That's why you notice divorce rates are soaring every day.

true
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 29, 2015
Lateralmaths:
just say that you have never experienced unconditional love.

I certainly hope not. We've had challenges, yes, but I've never willfully tested it's extremes.
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 6:02pm On Jan 29, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

I certainly hope not. I wouldn't know as I've never willfully tested it's extremes. We've had challenges, yes, but that's only normal.
isokay
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
Lateralmaths:
isokay

The challenges and tests of the relationship act as a measure of love. That being said, I also believe that love should be held to a certain standard. It has no business being unconditional. So yes, I hope for his sake he's attached his own set of standards, because no matter how much I may love him, I have mine.
Re: A Husband's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 29, 2015
mgbeketoto:
[size=16pt]A man's greatest weapon IS TO RESPECT HIMSELF always![/size] kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whose Name Should Your Child Bear As Surname? / Photo Of The Baby Named 'Lucifer' By His Parents / Should Parents Go Through Contents Of Their Children's Mobile Phones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.