Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,347 members, 7,780,933 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:47 AM

Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. (8283 Views)

Hey Literature Landers Am Back! Itx Ur Boy Rounakid (iphiekuttie) / The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 / Congrats D9ty7, He As Been Finally Made A Moderator!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by ruffhandu: 12:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
kaya09:

Haha not mine o,just as i heard it from people,that is the way i have used it. Africa is rich with proverbs.

You are right. The sources are endless, you are one of them.

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by ruffhandu: 12:41pm On Jan 29, 2015
ruffhandu:

You are right. The sources are endless, you are one of them.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by Lionize: 12:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
kaya09:

Haha not mine o,just as i heard it from people,that is the way i have used it. Africa is rich with proverbs.

No wahala bro, I'm collecting them.
Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by Fatalveli(m): 1:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
Actually, the writers will have to suspend their works here on NL temporarily, or maybe permanently because our stories are being plagiarised and these plagiarist are making money from it, via their blogs and facebook pages while we are always trying so hard to satisfy our reader. These plagiarist do not even have to go through any stress at all, the just copy it and paste it on their thread, what rubbish, they will even claim they are the owner.

@Op imagine going to a market one day and you saw your story already published in a book and it's sold for 15/20k, you opened it and saw one weird name as the author, I'm very sure you will almost run mad with anger. So I'll urge all writer to suspend their work in here for the time, till this issue is resolved. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ishilove:

Stop playing the victim here. You were insulting and aggravating other users, you were reported and you got banned.

Like I mentioned earlier, if you stick to the rules then you won't have anything to worry about.
I am not playing the victim,i never called for a pity party,so your perception is wrong. The other users that you claim i aggravated,whatever that means,why did they keep replying me?,as the dog says "if I fall down for you and you fall down for me, it is playing",so i cannot see how i insulted anyone that did not attack me first. The threat of a ban can not hinder me,i have read the rules and i believe no man can be 100% right,you guys the moderators need to rethink how you run this section,allow people to speak,and allow others to learn. The mosquito competition that gave birth to this palaver has been in a state of limbo,a competition that does not keep to its own rules and expects people to take it serious. Makes me laugh.
Looking at a king’s mouth one would never think he sucked his mother’s breast,you were once just a nairalander so you know how it feels. The O.P of this thread has done nothing wrong in my opinion,and judging from oda peoples responses ,they too see nothing wrong, when your only tool is a hammer, you will see every problem as a nail. Do not be quick to ban people always.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by Onemansquad(m): 1:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
kaya09:

I am not playing the victim,i never called for a pity party,so your perception is wrong. The other users that you claim i aggravated,whatever that means,why did they keep replying me?,as the dog says "if I fall down for you and you fall down for me, it is playing",so i cannot see how i insulted anyone that did not attack me first. The threat of a ban can not hinder me,i have read the rules and i believe no man can be 100% right,you guys the moderators need to rethink how you run this section,allow people to speak,and allow others to learn. The mosquito competition that gave birth to this palaver has been in a state of limbo,a competition that does not keep to its own rules and expects people to take it serious. Makes me laugh.
Looking at a king’s mouth one would never think he sucked his mother’s breast,you were once just a nairalander so you know how it feels. The O.P of this thread has done nothing wrong in my opinion,and judging from oda peoples responses ,they too see nothing wrong, when your only tool is a hammer, you will see every problem as a nail. Do not be quick to ban people always.
Mehn u've hit the nail on the head bros am in full support of what you said
*cos i dnt see reason why nairaland wil b called a forum and members are not allowed to express themselves without them getting banned for sayin the truth
*our pple say u cant sit down and pluck a mango, u have to stand upright grin grin grin * and i tink we have stood up to stop dis mess called plagiarism

#my twocents tho

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by stuff46(m): 1:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
Whats the essence of democracy if we are not allowed to speak our mind with out being penalized?

Its absolute injustice to be waging a war against a problem and getting a penalty for laying a remedy to the problem inwhich the so called acclaimed leaders and operators of this society we find ourselves in.

Its share injustice or rather foolishness on the parts of the heads.

When we as individuals came up with this complains, we were shunned( neglected), we formed a team to fiqht, fiqht till the last.

We decided to come here to make awareness of our resolution in a secret meeting since we ought to protect our works and priorities. We decided that the works on litrature section should be put on hold since they cannot and did not listen to our complains.

Writer are accepting our resolutions and we that are making this awareness are getting banned, Banned for no reason.
D9ty7 banned, laykor banned, fatalevi banned, dyoungstar banned, i guess i may be next on their list.

At this end, many of them are leaving for good even when this issue is resolved. And i ask, who loses. Mr. Suen, you are the one. The fans and the writer all are going.

I may not be as good as you are, but i have the intrest of my people at heart ( of which i guess, you dont have).

I know i may be banned maybe for life but i have passed my message. Shalom

#TEAMSAYNOTOPLIAGRISM

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by theorbiters: 1:53pm On Jan 29, 2015
This is getting interesting.

Where is Oharay wen I need her?
Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by An0nimus: 2:58pm On Jan 29, 2015
Lol the other shop was closed?
Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by styless(f): 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
No wonder all the good writers are leaving. The first story I read here was by Danwrites and I was marvelled. Now he doesn't write here again. Gladly he has a personal blog where he now writes.

Please if you are a writer and now writes on your personal blog, don't forget to drop a link. Thanks.
Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
--

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
Laykorn, heard you were banned over this matter. Sorry oh angry

But you guys should go about this with diplomacy. Settle the ish and arrive at a conclusion without calling names.
Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by Psalmwise(m): 5:07pm On Jan 29, 2015
kaya09:

Yea you are the lion,but a cub.
lwkmd...dis guy is sumtin else...
I lik nawty guys lik u)
Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by Royver(m): 5:11pm On Jan 29, 2015
laykorn:

Kaya09cheesy
Will you open us a thread to teach us proverbs? Please. undecided
Ayamlaykorn
Seconded.
Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by Psalmwise(m): 5:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
Jennimma:

I love your dp.you are soooo pretty kiss
wats her dp got to do wit d mata on ground...,u shud ve pm her nah...,(its jez asif u re kiseen in d warfront

Lolz ...,blik say u wan mak mods ban u
Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by Psalmwise(m): 5:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
Na today?
lolx...ask am again ooo...,d guy dey vex big time
Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by buoye1(m): 5:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
Psalmwise:
wats her dp got to do wit d mata on ground...,u shud ve pm her nah...,(its jez asif u re kiseen in d warfront

Lolz ...,blik say u wan mak mods ban u
u wan chop ban?since lying on a thread now attracts BAN
Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by DanWrites(m): 5:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
styless:
No wonder all the good writers are leaving. The first story I read here was by Danwrites and I was marvelled. Now he doesn't write here again. Gladly he has a personal blog where he now writes.

Please if you are a writer and now writes on your personal blog, don't forget to drop a link. Thanks.

Yes. I now write on my blog - www.danwrites90..com. All my new stories are now posted there.
Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 29, 2015
kaya09:

....as the dog says "if I fall down for you and you fall down for me, it is playing"

Looking at a king’s mouth one would never think he sucked his mother’s breast.

Wow! Great.
Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 29, 2015
Royver:

Seconded.

Thirded smiley

Check your mail, Royver.
Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
standd:
[b][/b]

Wow! Great.
Merci bien DD
Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by Ishilove: 6:32pm On Jan 29, 2015
The fact is plagiarism is global menace. Even in the world of academia, plagiarism is 20 times worse than what it is now. Royver posted a story on storried.com that had great reviews and mega ratings, and the next thing we know, it went viral. People copied it from storried.com, and others copied it from those who had copied it from storried.com. People were copying from each other's sites, blogs etc. It got to a point I was actually wondering if Roy was the original writer because the story was everywhere.

That's the power of modern technology. The world is getting smaller, the thieves smarter. If your story is good enough to read, then there's every tendency that someone out there will consider it good enough to steal. That's the unfortunate fact.

As long as your work is out there in the open then it is fodder. I intend to post some stories in this section in the coming month, but they aren't mine. I will sit on a computer and type them out because the stories aren't online. Now imagine if they were online, all I have to do is copy and paste them here (while acknowledging the original writers of course). A really determined thief who has plans for your stories will equally sit down and type out your story if he doesn't have the access to copy and paste, be it on your personal blog, website, facebook page, forum etc.

The only thing we can as writers can do is be vigilant. Run occasional google searches, and then if you see any story which you posted on Nairaland being plagiarised anywhere please draw the attention of the management so that we can make moves to contact the thief to trash out issues.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by kayemjay(m): 7:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
Hmmm....
Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by repogirl(f): 7:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
^^ yimu and yawns......
Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
repogirl:
^^ yimu and yawns......
Lol why are you yawning? Abeg cover your mouth o.
Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by buoye1(m): 7:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
Un-ban D9ty7 now....that's all we ask

What lies did he tell

Tell us

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:11pm On Jan 29, 2015
Stuff46 may I please have dee's number?

And guys please calm down, we are working on this thing. Last night I had a chat with the guy who stole Candy's work his excuse and very genuine was that he got it from a friend's page on facebook.

The other valid point he raised was that if your going to post on the web you have to have it copyrighted because that's actually what the law will tell you. Even in the court of law you have to present that as an evidence.

So in support of Ishilove's post, we'll offer our support where we can but you also have to play your part.

Regards...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by tpiah99: 8:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
fabiano09:

check for copyright infringement using copyscape.com,you imput like two sentences and they scan the web for you and give you a result of websites using stories with those sentences. Another website you can use is plagium.com. Its quite self explanatory when you visit the site.

you should open a thread with this info so people can know how to safeguard any work they consider important.
Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by KingzPen(m): 9:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
Can anyone ever consume the whole water in the sea?

Nah!

In my little busy mind are loads of characters playing all around wanting to come play on my paper.

Why won't I let some out?

Because you are so rich and scared of thieves, so you will close down your company in order to prevent them from stealing from you? Mbanu!

I believe any story written on NL, fresh from the brain, still needs a second, third, fourth touch to be perfect. So why stop writing your 'synopsis' cos of a mere thief that doesn't know your characters, your plots, scenes and all...

As for me Ooooo, if I get time, I will keep posting what comes to my head as a story on NL.... GOD SEES MY EFFORT AND HE DEFINITELY WILL REWARD ME... HE'S ACTUALLY THE ONE THAT BLESSES BOTH THE PLAGIARIST AND THE WRITER...

ABEG KEEP THE FLAG FLYING!!!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. by ThaRuthlxx7: 9:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
ermmm miss Humblebygrace
46stuff and stuff46 wants you to know he was banned, two of his accounts was ban.. And also wants ou to know what u ask for u will get it when his back!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

{hindi Diwas Kavita} Hindi Diwas 2016 Kavita, Hindi Pakhwada Diwas Poem, Rhymes / An Introvert's Tale / Our Rebellion Against Soyinka, Achebe – Osundare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.