Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit (7733 Views)

Before You Bullshit Your Woman Or Wife, Look At This Picture! / And The BULLSHIT Plays On / My Wedding Is In A Week And I Have Pimples All Over My Face. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by outlaws(m): 2:27pm On Dec 25, 2008
cool

The Ibo people do traditional wedding where the lady is auctioned off by her parents just like the Whites did Black slaves back in the day in the U.S. and Europe. I don't know Yoruba or Hausa traditions but I don't think is necessary to do traditional marriage and again do the Church wedding. I mean is the guy marrying two people or one person. Most Ibo parents are also greedy and selfish. During the auctioning of their daughter, they will demand money, clothes,food, and a whole lot of bullshit. Seriously think about it, if you hook up with some lady that doesn't have this rediculous tradition, it will save you headache and a whole lot of cash. People say oh the guy have to pay her birth right. Bullshit.[is that what slave masters have to pay to those slave catchers from Europe?].

One of my brothers is doing a traditinal wedding in a matter of hours from now with some Ibo lady with greedy parents. He is back home now in Imo. and he is complaining about money. I was like chill you got your self into this Poo. My other brother hooked up with a White lady and he is chilling, he is only having one wedding no traditional marriage c.r.a.p. Tell me, what the Zap is going on?

Ibo people or Nigerians in general need to wake up and realize that this is no longer ancient times, this is a new century.

So, do you think traditional wedding is bullshit? Yoruba and Hausa do y'all have this ancient custom of auctioning your daughter off like a slave?
I don won no wahala, if say you no got nothing to say, just sharap.
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by Angolobabe(f): 7:30pm On Dec 25, 2008
its tradition and its not by force to do traditional wedding especially when u´ve done church or court wedding and yes its expensive ,some parents charge alot on their daughters
if you dont get traditional wedding done,parents and people in nigeria dont always regard u as someone who is really married so they put pressure on people for traditional wedding, u can also do it step by step if u dont have enough cash for now.
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by savanaha: 7:41pm On Dec 25, 2008
@outlaws. . .

Angolobabe:

its tradition and its not by force to do traditional wedding especially when u´ve done church or court wedding and yes its expensive ,some parents charge alot on their daughters
if you don't get traditional wedding done,parents and people in nigeria don't always regard u as someone who is really married so they put pressure on people for traditional wedding, u can also do it step by step if u don't have enough cash for now.

. . .already answered but I will add, first of all calm down. If you are not Igbo or you are and don't like the practice simply marry a white woman like your brother did, that way you won't go through what whites did to black slaves. Secondly if you are ashamed of the Nigerian tradition then identify as a person from the West Side of Portland, Oregan, whatever the hell that means. Thirdly if you don't understand a tradition or you are ashamed of where your from don't call people greedy and out of their names to get your point across cause it just makes you look and seem stupid. You want so much to be American with your multiple curse words so resign from your Nigerianness but don't try to belittle people's tradition because you live in the whitest part of American Portland. Hah!!
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by JJYOU: 7:49pm On Dec 25, 2008
will follow this
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by obua: 9:05pm On Dec 25, 2008
I am a xtian and feel that doing trado/church weddings on different days is just too cumbersome.
Igbos are always accused of trying to sell their daughters, but most suitors are always trying to show of wealth only to complain about being asked for lots of money.
I have some non-Igbo friends that married Igbo ladies and were suprised that they did not really spend much.
I think that some people are greedy and that manifests when issues like weddings come up.
I am Igbo and I know that in my hometown, weddings are not that expensive
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by Nobody: 1:24am On Dec 26, 2008
Poster should have specified which tribe is B.S. on the headline na.

Abeg, not all traditional weddings are like the ones the poster potrayed.

The traditional weddings I've been to were quite lovely, contradicting the nonsense "typed" above.

Traditional weddings rock!!!!!!!!! cool cool
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by tpia: 2:43am On Dec 26, 2008
adding a little thing like IN MY OPINION, or even simply knowing how to word a thread title, goes a long way towards demonstrating some element of common sense.

"I dont support traditional weddings",

" Are traditional weddings really necessary"

" I refuse to have a traditional wedding" etc etc

are all examples of alternative ways to express your view.

na wa for the hiphop 50 cent cussing generation. Cant even differentiate between different contexts and appropriateness.
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by savanaha: 4:04am On Dec 26, 2008
tpia:

adding a little thing like IN MY OPINION, or even simply knowing how to word a thread title, goes a long way towards demonstrating some element of common sense.

"I don't support traditional weddings",

" Are traditional weddings really necessary"

" I refuse to have a traditional wedding" etc etc

are all examples of alternative ways to express your view.

na wa for the hiphop 50 cent cussing generation. can't even differentiate between different contexts and appropriateness.

That's his way of showing he is Portland Oregan the biggest hood in America.
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by outlaws(m): 4:54am On Dec 26, 2008
cool

For those who understand my point, that's cool. For those Zap.e.r.s. who chose to be rediculous, I don't know what to say. You have been informed, if you see a thread that you think is stupid, stay the Zap. away from it. Unless you are stupid and you can't tell what thread is stupid or not and you just want to voice your shity opinion. I don't give a Zap.

Alright, some dumb people here want to claim especially ladies[cause your parents are going to get the cash, aint it?] that some traditional weddings are okay. Some White slave owners at some point felt like some auctioning of some slaves were fair and not too expensive. If the slave is weak, a female and stupid, the price will be low. If the slave is strong and a male like Kunta Kunte, the price will be high.

I can not think of any Nigerian parents that have a daughter that is not greedy. Seriously Ibo people or what ever tribe in Nigeria that do tradtional wedding need to make it optional. A man only suppose to have one wedding and that's it. Non of this traditional nonsense.

I still don't know how the Hausa and Yoruba people operate. Maybe they are feeling too big to respond. If I am in Nigeria I am sure I am going to be fighting the Hausas and Yorubas just like I am fighting Whites here to make sure no one Zap.s. with my rights.

If I chose an Ibo lady as a Fiancee, if that ever happens, maybe is possible. I have a right to say, is either traditional or church wedding. Not both. If they disagree, they can have their daughter back, after all there are too many fish in the ocean.
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by savanaha: 5:36am On Dec 26, 2008
I took the time out to check your profile. Your 29 years old. Wow whenever you decide to grow up please mark that day as the most important in your calender. Don't let 2009 ring in with your mode of thinking or atleast pretend your not Nigerian because you're a. . .
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by outlaws(m): 7:44am On Dec 26, 2008
cool

Savanaha shut your bitchy mouth.
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by sangreal: 8:36am On Dec 26, 2008
@ poster the culture of our land (nigeria) gives room for that and besides over there were u are people leave in a leverage so every thing is done without a fuss
Now u have made a generalization which is damn bad but the nigeria society wud 4give u but the truth is that major parents have swore to sell their daughters to the highest bidder in the name that they are getting married but the truth of the matter is that it shudnt be so.
But i have to make a point here our ladies are not for sale parents shud desist from such act becos it wud put many men out from marrying their daughters
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by monatoetje: 11:32am On Dec 26, 2008
I believe that if you`re a Christian that you should do a church wedding , not a traditional wedding.

How funny, " our brother " is also married to a girl from Imo state and he too complained about the money he had to spend for the traditional wedding .
Up on that the woman also wanted to do a church wedding.
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 26, 2008
outlaws:

cool

The Ibo people do traditional wedding where the lady is auctioned off by her parents just like the Whites did Black slaves back in the day in the US. and Europe. I don't know Yoruba or Hausa traditions but I don't think is necessary to do traditional marriage and again do the Church wedding. I mean is the guy marrying two people or one person. Most Ibo parents are also greedy and selfish. During the auctioning of their daughter, they will demand money, clothes,food, and a whole lot of bullshit. Seriously think about it, if you hook up with some lady that doesn't have this rediculous tradition, it will save you headache and a whole lot of cash. People say oh the guy have to pay her birth right. Bullshit.[is that what slave masters have to pay to those slave catchers from Europe?].

One of my brothers is doing a traditinal wedding in a matter of hours from now with some Ibo lady with greedy parents. He is back home now in Imo. and he is complaining about money. I was like chill you got your self into this Poo. My other brother hooked up with a White lady and he is chilling, he is only having one wedding no traditional marriage c.r.a.p. Tell me, what the Zap is going on?

Ibo people or Nigerians in general need to wake up and realize that this is no longer ancient times, this is a new century.

So, do you think traditional wedding is bullshit? Yoruba and Hausa do y'all have this ancient custom of auctioning your daughter off like a slave?
I don won no wahala, if say you no got nothing to say, just sharap.
listen son, i dont know what planet you come from but you just dont do away with tradition because you cant afford pride price.
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by JJYOU: 3:30pm On Dec 26, 2008
OMO IBO:

listen son, i don't know what planet you come from but you just don't do away with tradition because you can't afford pride price.

na real pride price. some people and stinginess. you cant make it up as they say. dem get money take buy bling not the one to tell their girl papa and mama thank you for bringing up a good girl.
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by otokx(m): 4:26pm On Dec 26, 2008
Some areas in Nigeria especially east of the Niger are notorious for extorting money from would be suitors in the name of marriage. Your bros for do in homework well well
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by savanaha: 7:03pm On Dec 26, 2008
JJYOU:

na real pride price. some people and stinginess. you can't make it up as they say. them get money take buy bling not the one to tell their girl papa and mama thank you for bringing up a good girl.

Some of them actually buy cubic zirconium and call it bling bling. Its called showing off in the hood of Portland Oregan, the grandest one in America at 29 years old.

otokx:

Some areas in Nigeria especially east of the Niger are notorious for extorting money from would be suitors in the name of marriage. Your bros for do in homework well well

Why do you need to do homework if you are marrying someone you care about? At the point of marrying someone should you know enough about them that simple things would not resort into dropping them like its hot. Plus the way some of you talk like the woman is a desperate object that if you don't marry she will evaporate from existence with grief. Gimme a break.
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by Monicaa: 7:28pm On Dec 26, 2008
At outlaws, poster, Something is really disturbing you. It ain't by force, You have a CHOICE to do what u want, stay single if u want, marry if u want, traditional wedding if u want, white wedding if u want, whatever, it all narrows down to ur CHOICE!
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by uzwu: 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2008
Outlaws, You really made me angry with your nonsense and meaningless posts. Do you think is cheaper and more so much ON AN INLAWS THAT GAVE BIRTH TO THE WOMAN OF THEIR DREAM. It is only broke ass men like you that make so much noise about people's tradition. When you eventually get married and have a grown woman of marriageable age, you can choose to throw her away after spending so much training her.
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by Monicaa: 8:48pm On Dec 26, 2008
savanaha:

I took the time out to check your profile. Your 29 years old. Wow whenever you decide to grow up please mark that day as the most important in your calender. Don't let 2009 ring in with your mode of thinking or atleast pretend your not Nigerian because you're a. . .

Thank u, wat sorta stupid post is this like someone is forcing him,
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 26, 2008
Outlaw, adding " cool " to your posts, does not make it sensible.

Like someone said, it'd be more logical to add "In my opinion" to your topic.
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by romeo(m): 9:13pm On Dec 26, 2008
otokx:

You are Mad!! Fu cking bigot. Do you have a wife from East of the Niger? Doing homework is forgetting the girl you love because of money issues? Grow up dude.

@Outlawed anything Traditional hater

Why don't you change your Naija name or anything else linked to our traditional society? I can't believe that at 29 you can not reason like one. White wedding my ass! are you white?

Marriage is not a must and if you don't want to pay bride price go to the court. Ibo Ibo Ibo!! It's IGBO  and not Ibo.
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by savanaha: 9:17pm On Dec 26, 2008
romeo:

You are Mad!! Fu cking bigot. Do you have a wife from East of the Niger? D[b]oing homework is forgetting the girl you love because of money issues?[/b] Grow up dude.

@Outlawed anything Traditional hater

Why don't you change your Naija name or anything else linked to our traditional society? I can't believe that at 29 you can not reason like one. White wedding my ass! are you white?

Marriage is not a must and if you don't want to pay bride price go to the court. Ibo Ibo Ibo!! It's IGBO and not Ibo.

Hahahahahaha. Thank you very much. The 29 year old thugga boo is in Portland Oregan to find his white wife. The white women there probably think he is 50 penny, 50 cents wannabe cousin.
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by tpia: 2:54am On Dec 27, 2008
people sha.

Isnt this outlaws the same person who started a thread listing all the reasons why he can never marry a black woman and how there are almost no black women in his neighborhood talkless him finding one "good enough" to marry. So I wonder why he's suddenly chasing black women all over the place.

I think he even stated categorically "why most black women can never get a man" of his type maybe? and to cap it all, he was dishing out some kind of advice that sounded as whack as himself.

29 ke?

This person doesnt seem older than 18.  Dudes mature slower, so an 18 year old boy can sound like a 14 year old, unlike his female counterparts.
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by Monicaa: 3:58am On Dec 27, 2008
This type of posts annoy me to the core n cursing like it's anyone's business. angry
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by Monicaa: 3:59am On Dec 27, 2008
This type of post annoys me like it's anyone's business angry
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by coolboy100(m): 10:36am On Dec 27, 2008
to poster sorry for your self if you are from the ibo speaking area then you are a disgrace to your family go and ask your father if he did traditional, marriege or not, or you don't have money, don't call it bullshit, because that is our tradition, we the ibos
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by outlaws(m): 11:03am On Dec 27, 2008
cool

To:Savanaha:
Bitch, why don’t you sit your fat ass down like you are taught to by your tradition

To:Monatoetje:
In Imo State, there are many traditions but when it comes to traditional marriage, the one thing they have in common is
Auctioning their daughter off in exchange for naira and kobo, beans, rice, and all that bullshit. People continue to do it because
They can’t think for themselves.

To:Omo Crap:
Who the Zap. are you calling son. Shut your mouth and listen son. This issue isn’t about afford or not afford. Is about history
Repeating it self. Assuming you have common sense you would have realized that the title of the thread have nothing to do with price
Dumb Poo.

To:JJYOU:
I see that you too don’t reason well. If this was a money issue, you would have read some where it stated
That they need to cut the money and all the bullshit the require down. A man should thank the daughters parents
For their good work but the amount of money or what ever the guy chooses to give should depend on him not on greedy
Traditionists. So you think I use my money on bling bling crap? Is only a fool that judge a book by its color. So bitch use your head
The next time you post the Poo. you post.

To:UZWU
If you are responding to a nonsense and meaningless post do you know what that makes you? I am sure your dumb ass that think well. It makes you a
Dumb Zap.e.r. People are not understand issues before they start posting their Poo. The summary of this issue is that most Nigerians are 419ers, there is
A chance you are one too, okay? Relax. Is normal any where in the world to have one civilized marriage which is going to church, mosque, synagogue or what ever.
Before this marriage you have to come with your parents bring drinks and what ever you chose to give to her parents. Traditional wedding is a new way greedy parents
Use to scam the quote “son inlaw.”

To:Ebony crap:
Shut your dirty mouth

To:Romeo:Dumb idiot:
I didn’t say anything about white marriage. I don’t call it that. I don’t know why you call it white marriage. Do you have something against White people? If you do. That’s good
But that’s the point idiot. Look at this fool wanting to show me the difference between Ibo and Igbo. Savanaha, the fat ass bitch even agreed with him without stop thinking with
Her fat ass. Romeo let me teach you Ibo and Igbo lesson 101. Ibo means the people of Ibo land like in Imo Onitsha Anambra Enugu and states like that. Igbo is the language spoken by Ibos.
Get it dumb Zap.e.r.? Normally I would charge you for this lesson that every 1yr old Naija should have known but because you and Savanaha are dumb Zap.e.r.s I am going to let you have the lesson for free. And Savanaha you want some one to pay your birth price for your parents bringing you up very well without teaching you the difference between Ibo and Igbo. That’s a bag of rice out of your auctioning list when ever that happens.

To:Tpia or whatever Zap. that means::
Sit your ass down
To:Dumbboy100:
Assuming that I am Ibo, it doesn’t mean that I have to put up with every bullshit they come up with in the name of tradition. Did you also ask
Your Dad if he bought your mother during the auctioning process? I guess not. Traditional wedding is your tradition not mine and is bullshit. Also the
Correct spelling is marriage not marriege. Dumbboy what the Zap. does marriege mean?

To:Monicaa:
Do you like the song the boy is mine by Monica? Well you said I have a choice to anything right? I guess that means I have a choice to like you right?

Any ways people of Ibo, Hausa, and Yoruba [maybe White people too] that’s pretty much what nairaland means without White people though. The issue is Nigerians are known for their world class talent known as 419, is it okay for your tradition to continue to support it?
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by echelon(m): 11:31am On Dec 27, 2008
@Topic

No sir, traditional marriage ceremony is not bullshit

Granted, in some Igbo quaters, some greedy kins may hike up the financial/material requirements but we cannot, because of that, conclude it's bullshit.

Some christian denominations(e.g. RCCG) accept it as the only form of marriage ceremony if the couple so wishes, so one must not perform the two types of ceremonies.

Culture is dynamic and the Igbo is a typical of such, it's my belief that with time, some modifications will be made to the current practise but not an outright abolishment.

People's culture represent them, it's their identity. The world will be a better place if we'all at least tolerate one another and try to understand ourselves before judging.

Sincerely,

Eche
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by romeo(m): 2:01pm On Dec 27, 2008
outlaws:

To:Romeo:Dumb idiot:
I didn’t say anything about white marriage. I don’t call it that. I don’t know why you call it white marriage. Do you have something against White people? If you do. That’s good
But that’s the point idiot. Look at this fool wanting to show me the difference between Ibo and Igbo. Savanaha, the fat ass bitch even agreed with him without stop thinking with
Her fat ass. Romeo let me teach you Ibo and Igbo lesson 101. Ibo means the people of Ibo land like in Imo Onitsha Anambra Enugu and states like that. Igbo is the language spoken by Ibos.
Get it dumb Zap.e.r.? Normally I would charge you for this lesson that every 1yr old Naija should have known but because you and Savanaha are dumb Zap.e.r.s I am going to let you have the lesson for free. And Savanaha you want some one to pay your birth price for your parents bringing you up very well without teaching you the difference between Ibo and Igbo. That’s a bag of rice out of your auctioning list when ever that happens.

Any ways people of Ibo, Hausa, and Yoruba [maybe White people too] that’s pretty much what nairaland means without White people though. The issue is Nigerians are known for their world class talent known as 419, is it okay for your tradition to continue to support it?

Ifere megbue gi anuofia!! onye gwara gi na Ibo bu ihe ejiri mara ndi Igbo? Ibo is a corrupt pronounciation of Igbo and i do not know where kids like you came about that ibo thing. How dare you teach me about Igbo people? I was born and raised in Enugu. I can write perfect Igbo and i can speak in many igbo dialects. What about you? Do you speak igbo?

Shut the hell up and listen to advice here. Traditional marriage is not crap but your brain is. Damn it!! smiley
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by Hauwa1: 3:04pm On Dec 27, 2008
outlaw hehe i know it is hard when our parents start their own.

it is hard on some men. i am thinking how the marriage is going to look like now that your bros not feeling good.
Re: Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit by savanaha: 7:39pm On Dec 27, 2008
outlaws:

cool

To:Savanaha:
Bitch, why don’t you sit your fat ass down like you are taught to by your tradition

29 year old baby why don't you write it all CAPS so that I realize that you are screaming and maybe care. I see your idol 50 pennnies has taught how to be gangsta over the internet, that's how they do it in Portland Oregan real wankstas.

echelon:

@Topic

No sir, traditional marriage ceremony is not bullshit

Granted, in some Igbo quaters, some greedy kins may hike up the financial/material requirements but we cannot, because of that, conclude it's bullshit.

Some christian denominations(e.g. RCCG) accept it as the only form of marriage ceremony if the couple so wishes, so one must not perform the two types of ceremonies.

Culture is dynamic and the Igbo is a typical of such, it's my belief that with time, some modifications will be made to the current practise but not an outright abolishment.

People's culture represent them, it's their identity. The world will be a better place if we'all at least tolerate one another and try to understand ourselves before judging.

Sincerely,

Eche

How do you know they hike it up if there is no set price? Maybe they realize the risk of giving their beloved daughter to such a hooligan as [b]Outlaws-the-idiot [/b]so they set the price to shoo him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When She Hits First / Orphanage: Lagos Ministry Relocates 25 Children To Unknown Destination / Who Suppose To Take Custody Of The Child After A Divorce?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.