Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,794 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis (50855 Views)

Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' / Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant / Pdp-sponsored Documentary On Buhari (shown On AIT) & My Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by OLAplusONE(m): 12:47pm On Jan 27, 2015
Pdp, time don come to leave this campaign of calumny and focus on real issues. Just be articulate for once and stop being parochial.

2 Likes

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by RedArrow: 12:47pm On Jan 27, 2015
Well articulated
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by PassingShot(m): 12:47pm On Jan 27, 2015
mekaboy:
Sentencing a mother of 2 children to death by firing squad to me is not cool.

jailing fella for foriegn currency while allowing 53 suitcases is not cool for me.

supporting and comapring bokoharam terrorists with mend is not cool. turning arround to accuse the president of lacking the will to crush the group u sympathize with is not cool.

The hatred ghananians have for nigerians today was caused by buhari.

The 53 suitcases didn't contain any foreign currencies. They were personal belongings of the ambassador and his family members that were returning from abroad.

No issues with the Ghanians at all. Nigerians needed the jobs they had badly.

2 Likes

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by akandi4u(m): 12:48pm On Jan 27, 2015
A warning to PDP and it crew "The more you try to bring down a person,the more he becomes popular".

4 Likes

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by kingthreat(m): 12:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
Seun:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari#Northern_Counter_Coup_of_July_1966 <-- read this before you vote; it's 100% objective.

Read it. If this coup was wrong then that means Buhari, Gowon, Obj, Ibb, Danjuma, Murtala, Adekunle are all evil. If not for the Northern coup, Nzeogwu that murdered Tafawa Balewa and many others in cold blood will be a hero today. That Northern coup was necessary to save Nigeria. Else our fate might be far worse than it is today.

4 Likes

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
mekaboy:

jailing fella for foriegn currency while allowing 53 suitcases is not cool for me.

supporting and comapring bokoharam terrorists with mend is not cool. turning arround to accuse the president of lacking the will to crush the group u sympathize with is not cool.

Sharrapp ya mouth!!! If by any chance that woman comes to this life again she will not destroy other people's lives like that of Majek Fashek by carrying drugs.

If you think what he did to illegal migrants is wrong...just travel to the US and tell them to let you in at immigration control without a visa.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by PassingShot(m): 12:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
CaptainAmerica1:
Brainbox2014,

I downloaded the documentary to analyze it fully. I can say that any intelligent minded person would support Buhari because PDP sorta did campaign for him. Meanwhile, only the gullible ones will fall for it (and sorry to say, many Nigerians are gullible because of our mentality).

They were busy ranting jail jail jail. Most times they didn't give the real reason why he jailed them

I expect APC to counter the documentary with one that will clear most, if not all of those misrepresentations.

1 Like

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 27, 2015
Hypocrisy is when you applaud foreign countries for killing Nigerian drug traffickers abroad and condemn Buhari for doing the same.
A Buhari president is for a transformed Nigeria.

God bless you Op!

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by OgologoDimkpa: 12:51pm On Jan 27, 2015
Seun:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari#Northern_Counter_Coup_of_July_1966 <-- read this before you vote; it's 100% objective.
Buhari is a coup plotter and a terrorist.
He'll never rule Nigeria again
We are wiser.

GEJ till 2019!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by hectorswag(m): 12:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
Even if they show a videos of him killing Moses, he got ma vote

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by iresearcher(m): 12:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
ok
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Seun(m): 12:53pm On Jan 27, 2015
kingthreat:
Read it. If this coup was wrong then that means Buhari, Gowon, Obj, Ibb, Danjuma, Murtala, Adekunle are all evil. If not for the Northern coup, Nzeogwu that murdered Tafawa Balewa and many others in cold blood will be a hero today. That Northern coup was necessary to save Nigeria. Else our fate might be far worse than it is today.
I meant to ask people to read everything on the wikipedia page starting from that point. The coup is not the most disturbing thing there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by tunjidachosen(m): 12:53pm On Jan 27, 2015
What of the 2.8billion that was traced by Shagari's government and found in Buhari's London account? Also what about d billions dat could not be accounted for when he left d PTF? Fela sang well about the 2.8billion and Buhari arrested him...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 27, 2015
Seun:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari <-- read every word of this page before you vote; it's 100% objective.
You of all people should know wikipedia isn't reliable because it can be edited at any time.
Be objective.

9 Likes

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by gp6liveth(m): 12:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
History hurt those who never lead well. All issues canvassed are true. Buhari should come out and deny it if they are false.

A devil is always a devil. It only takes good spirit to change him.

2 Likes

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Clintondike: 12:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
lmao I'm not with any party. I just want a change if buhari is capable then fine. Wanted to order something the other day 207 is way too much abeg
compared to 1 dollar to 2 naira

2 Likes

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by korel9: 12:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
Seun:

Seun you no dey see for afternoon again? grin

Didn't you see that the page was updated by an anonymous user (most likely an APC goon) 3 days ago?

I can change everything there and put GEJ if I want to undecided

What then is your point?

1 Like

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by henchamb(m): 12:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
pdp is crazzzy, i watched a particular scene where they said he doesnt respect court judgement, few scenes later i saw that a journalist was freed after his people got a court injunction telling buhari to free the journalist which he obeyed. smh for pdp

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Knight1(m): 12:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
@op

Remove House arrest of Shagari from the list of bad things please.
As an ex number citizen of a country, You don't go to general prisons when convicted, by convention.

You are subjected to house arrest in honor of the Office you once held. Some of you saw this in the series 24 with President Logan

7 Likes

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by joseph1832(m): 12:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
mekaboy:

You again?. So if the mother is guilty she should be fed fat?.

Did you even read the OP's analysis?.

2 Likes

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by MAYOWAAK: 12:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
The producers of the revisionism called documentary could not even get basic facts right. Shehu Kangiwa,the 2nd republic governor of Sokoto state died after falling from a horse during a polo game in 1981 but the film makers have twisted this historical fact by stating Buhari protected him from prosecution when he came to power in December 1983 because he was Hausa-Fulani like Buhari!

6 Likes

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by MAYOWAAK: 12:56pm On Jan 27, 2015
THEY LIED MANY TIMES. GLORIA OKON CASE HAPPENED UNDER IBB. AND IT WAS SHAGARI THAT DEPORTED GHANAIANS. 700,000 OF THEM. YES, IT CONTINUED UNDER BUHARI BUT MUCH LESS.

4 Likes

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by OgologoDimkpa: 12:57pm On Jan 27, 2015
3cycle:

You of all people should know wikipedia isn't reliable because it can be edited at any time.
Be objective.
To a level, wikipedia's informations are objective. Be it as it may, everybody knows Buhari and what he stands for.
Nigerians are wiser except those that want to remain foolish.

Buhari is not the best option for Nigeria currently.
We refuse to go back to the stone age.

GEJ till 2019!!

3 Likes

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:58pm On Jan 27, 2015
PassingShot:

I expect APC to counter the documentary with one that will clear most, if not all of those misrepresentations.
You can always count on Lai Muhammad.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by LastProphet: 12:59pm On Jan 27, 2015
10 more documentaries will not fool an intelligent person as to whom to vote for. GEJ has failed, failed and failed. Go and read what Soludo call's GEJ's administration - his fellow Igbo brother. It is just simple maths that if something isnt working, you change it! Simple!
And if Buhari fails to deliver we again vote him out by 2019! simple! This way, we the electorates become the winners, Nigeria begins to win for the very first time and not a political party. So any sane voter should now know that the only way we can let public office holders fear us is to vote out GEJ who assumes PDP is all he needs to win despite poor performance, stealing and looting.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 27, 2015
Seun:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari <-- read every word of this page before you vote; it's 100% objective.
Mr Objective founder of Nairaland, strive to be non-partisan because millions of Nigerians here are not that gullible. Pls take cue from Mark Zuckerberg and Google founders. It's no longer your personal platform

4 Likes

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Firefire(m): 12:59pm On Jan 27, 2015
Mr. Buhari can never rule Nigeria again. Never! angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Frankiss44(m): 12:59pm On Jan 27, 2015
brainbox2014:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l5gQ1nC5N4

For almost about one hour or more, eyes were glued to AIT yesterday and I must confess that PDP has really tried in their campaign against the opposition. After so many shots, this looks like one final lethal blow, except of course they are not done. Who can blame them? They have enriched themselves well enough to afford the airtime.

So that aside, let's react to the gist they threw in our faces yesterday. I'd give my honest opinion by listing the (1) Bad things he did (2) Good things that he did but have been painted in a bad light (3) Good things he actually did.

Bad things

1) Jailing some 'alleged' innocent politicians.
2) Jailing journalists and activists based on a decree he enacted.
3) Stepping on human rights in a bid to enforce change. No freedom of speech. Strikes were disallowed. Unions (like NMA, NANS) were proscribed.
4) Pardoning Shehu Shagari (his former boss) as he kept him in house arrest while he jailed others.
5) Suspension of the rail project (which I later found out was due to the fact that the money being used for the project was being borrowed and he was bent on paying off Nigeria's debt)
6) Disallowing Monarchs from travelling outside the country, an act many saw as a disrespect to traditional customs.
7) Chasing away illegal immigrants. The same is still done in developed countries though. You can't just reside in places like UK, US... without formal documentations and stuff.

.(± feel free to add & subtract)

Summary: His brief military regime was a draconian rule that made life hot for many.

Good things painted bad

1) WAI: Enforcing discipline with regards to work, sanitation, conduct on roads. This was done the military way and swept Nigerians off their comfort zone.
2) His statement (as the commentary claimed to quote him, as there was actually no video of him saying that) that FG should stop killing his people (northerners) and that instead Boko Haram militants could be given amnesty like the Niger delta militants. Hold on, before you judge at surface value. Reports from Amnesty International and the satellite images that showed the devastation in Baga have collectively proved to us one thing: our soldiers killed thousands of innocent northern dwellers (some in very horrific ways) in the name of fighting insurgency. That was why US raised eyebrows about human rights violation in the North if you can still recall. So Buhari probably has a point but unfortunately the amnesty program that the FG tried didn't work. What he said, he said in good faith.
3) Attempted extradition of Umaru Dikko, one of Nigeria's most corrupt politicians as at then. The PDP in their documentary successfully painted the hilarious method through which Dikko was packaged in a suitcase that was labelled with a diplomatic pass..lol..and the embarrassment attached to the story, but here's the thing they never said...Umaru Dikko deserved to be jailed like the other thieves in his time. People steal little things and get punished severely, some even die. A public official steals billions and you empathise with him when he should have gotten a much more severe punishment. That says a lot in comparison about our justice system today.
4) Drug traffickers were killed. I don't even know why PDP are lamenting about this. In Ghana today, robbery attracts a death penalty and trust me, this law has reduced criminality there. In China, if a politician is caught looting funds or getting involved in any form of corruption, he or she will be executed. My opinion is simple, if you can't do without stealing or going against the law of the land, you can leave. You have nothing to fear if your hands are clean. PDP is simply appealing to the desire in people to be free to do as they like without laws to guide them, but we must not forget that unguided freedom comes at a cost.......CRIME!

Summary: He came to unsettle Nigerians from their relative comfort zones of indiscipline (@public places) and laziness (@work).... and this didn't really go down well with many people. Strict legislation dominates his idea of effective and progressive governance.

Good things

1) Jailing corrupt politicians. That's a good thing for me except you're happy when people embezzle public funds.
2) Eradication of Jihadist group (Maitatsine). We've heard that several times but a few times from his critics.

Other good things they didn't mention in the video

3) 1 dollar = 2 naira... which sparked some irritation from the West. The oyinbos felt it was annoying for the currency of a black nation to be that strong. Foreign politics played a role in his removal later on, for obvious reasons.
4) Cleared the debts of the nation and refused to borrow from IMF despite serious urging from the external community. Part of the reason the rail project was 'suspended'.
5) Nigeria was processing her crude oil...and the price was stable.
6) He's a plain person that does what he says (good or evil). I'd rather deal with plain people than the hypocrites in the incumbent government. Even his political opponents can't take that away from him.

Summary: He ruled roughly for about one and a half years and his major approach to transforming Nigeria from the state that the corrupt leadership of Shagari left it, was through laws. He believed that a lawless nation where people are just allowed to litter the streets, treat work with levity, loot public funds...etc., could not move forward.

That's my analysis. .(± feel free to add & subtract)

Why sentence Ekweme to years inprisonment and Shagari to House arrest??

Only a tribal bigot does this.....................

4 Likes

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by RYANAYO(m): 1:00pm On Jan 27, 2015
how about this
President Jonathan Amazing Speech At Bishop Oyedepo At Winners Chapel on sunday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-v8aok4sFc

1 Like

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 27, 2015
kingthreat:

Would have been much better if Nzeogwu resigned from the Army in 1964....and formed his own party.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Adiwana: 1:00pm On Jan 27, 2015
Western countries has really brain-washed the world in terms of democracy.they make it look like autocracy is a badass Govt&thats the problem.they make dictators look bad even if they are good
1)Buhari was a military ruler(Dictator)&so you dont expect him to Romance People.
2)In military rule,theres no freedom of press,rule of law cos thats the Protocol&as such you dont expect buhari who is in Autocracy to use democratic ruling
i)Jonathan under Democracy used military force to Take over Rivers Staduim which is under the watch of The State Govt
ii)imposed same ruling Tambuwal
iii)Mis-used his power in Deciding many Primary elections all over the Federation
iv)suspended&seized the passport of the Current Emir of Kano cos he simply said the truth
v)Gave license to Militants to purchase arms but Under arms the army
vi)Court martials Soldiers
i could continue..lets vote Change.lets not vote cos of ethno-religous sentiments.we know Buhari is lying about job creation but lets give him a chance
God bless me,
God bless you,
God bless Nigerians,
God bless Buhari,
God bless the Fed.Republic of Nigeria.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode On Afghanistan: Rambo Warned Us In 90's But We Wouldn't Listen / Tinubu Appoints Son-in-law Ojo As Managing Director Of FHA / Nnamdi Kanu; UK Based Nigerian Man Shares Intimate Picture With Wife On Bed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.