Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,447 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Before Pdp Twists This Story:pdp Thugs On Rampage In Gombe Over Campaign Funds - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before Pdp Twists This Story:pdp Thugs On Rampage In Gombe Over Campaign Funds (577 Views)

EFCC Visits Sterling Bank And Udenwa Grilled Over Campaign Funds / APC Expels Three Chieftains For Diverting Campaign Funds / APC & PDP Thugs Clash In Zamfara (Very Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before Pdp Twists This Story:pdp Thugs On Rampage In Gombe Over Campaign Funds by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 27, 2015
Thug War In PDP Campaign Over Funds

Trouble started at the Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP) governorship campaign rally in Dukku Local Government Area of Gombe State, when cars belonging to the campaign team in the state, were destroyed by aggrieved political thugs hired to fill the campaign ground and were allegedly not paid for their “services.”

Punch reports that the party thugs resulted to violence when they realised that officials of the party were not willing to give them their “their welfare packages”.

In the ensuing confusion that followed, the wind screens of no fewer than 10 cars, belonging to the campaign team, were damaged by the rampaging thugs, who were wielding cutlasses, sticks, iron rods and many other dangerous weapons.

Other supporters at the rally reportedly fled to avoid being caught in the crisis.

An eyewitness, who craved anonymity for security reasons, said, “The boys (thugs) were promised N50, 000 for the occupants of each of the campaign buses, but none of the officials was willing to listen to them even as the occasion was winding up.”

Meanwhile the Chairman of the PDP in the State, Mr. Shuaibu Sabulu, confirmed he heard about the incident, but had yet to set his eyes on the damaged cars.

“I can’t confirm the incident because my eyes have not seen the cars and no one has brought his damaged car to me. As you heard it, that is the way I heard it. So, even if I tell you that it is a lie, then I’m correct. I’ve heard it but I have not seen it.

“We left immediately after the occasion. We have always advised our supporters to shun violence,” he concluded.

SOURCE:http://www.naij.com/373471-thug-war-in-pdp-campaign-over-funds.html

1 Like

Re: Before Pdp Twists This Story:pdp Thugs On Rampage In Gombe Over Campaign Funds by GoodMuyis(m): 3:20pm On Jan 27, 2015
OK #ChariyiComment
Re: Before Pdp Twists This Story:pdp Thugs On Rampage In Gombe Over Campaign Funds by mankevo(m): 3:20pm On Jan 27, 2015
Good one OP.
PDP's scam is getting open every day

2 Likes

Re: Before Pdp Twists This Story:pdp Thugs On Rampage In Gombe Over Campaign Funds by midolian(m): 3:25pm On Jan 27, 2015
grin#BEFORE PDP TWISTS THIS STORY# grin

1 Like

Re: Before Pdp Twists This Story:pdp Thugs On Rampage In Gombe Over Campaign Funds by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 27, 2015
grin
Re: Before Pdp Twists This Story:pdp Thugs On Rampage In Gombe Over Campaign Funds by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
lol
Re: Before Pdp Twists This Story:pdp Thugs On Rampage In Gombe Over Campaign Funds by Skako(m): 3:30pm On Jan 27, 2015
No body to follow liers party

that's why they are renting pple

what a shame

1 Like

Re: Before Pdp Twists This Story:pdp Thugs On Rampage In Gombe Over Campaign Funds by gebest: 4:19pm On Jan 27, 2015
Hahahaha are u just aware pdp always fight for money.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

why I won't vote Gmb (my opinion) / NIGERIAN COASTS Now Deadliest On Earth! / INEC To Make Final Decision On Postponement Of Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.