Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,850 members, 7,802,724 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo (43617 Views)

Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu / Photos : Namadi Sambo Hands Over Aguda House To Prof. Yemi Osinbajo / A Nairalander Open Letter To Prof Yemi Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by arresa: 8:18pm On Jan 27, 2015
manny4life:
Good response, I like the write-up; however, it does not address the issues raised by Prof. Soludo. I guess what Soludo was trying to say is that neither party has been able to outline how they intend on achieving their "change" despite lack of public money. He gave numerous examples. I will like for APC to hint further: for instance, realistic approach to savings.

Embarking vigorously on industrialization, public works and agricultural expansion.

Diversifying the economy through a national industrial policy and innovative private-sector incentives that will move us away from over reliance on oil into value-added production especially manufacturing.

Reviving textile and other industries that have been rendered dormant because of inappropriate economic policies.

Reinvigorating the solid mineral sector by revamping our aged mining legislation and attracting new investment.

Developing a new generation of domestic oil refineries to lower import costs, enhance our energy independence and create jobs.

Working with state governments to turn the country into Africa’s food basket through a new system of grants and interest free loans, and the mechanization of agriculture.

Encouraging and promoting the use of sports as a source of job creation, entertainment and recreation.

Creating a knowledge economy by making Nigeria an IT /professional/Telecom services outsourcing destination hub to create millions of jobs.

Filling the huge gap in middle level technical manpower with massive investment in technical and tradesmen’s skills education.

The only and best approach remains taping what's currently untapped and strong diversification and less leaning on oil as our primary income.

The write up addressed everything in plain English and I wonder why and how you missed ....

3 Likes

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by Gbawe: 8:18pm On Jan 27, 2015
@Topic.

Simply the sort of brilliant, reassuring, politically informative and "issue-based" submissions Nigerians want to read. Distinctly different to the bitter and bellicose diatribe from the PDP delivered by the head of their motor-park tout department i.e FFK. These are the sort of developments Nigerians should learn from because they show us how the APC and PDP react to authoritative and informed voices urging them to present their plans and challenging them to defend their actions, intentions and leadership drive. We can see, once again, that the uncouth and highly corrupt PDP has nothing to offer but agbero talk and insult whereas the APC accords Soludo the respect our former CNB Governor deserved and produced the dignified response his concerned write-up merits.

8 Likes

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by jmoore(m): 8:20pm On Jan 27, 2015
Alphaoscar:
I don't think think any sensible person should ask the question of if there is any difference between PDP and APC.

The difference is very clear!!!

Bros, no difference. Same corrupt politicians.

"Stealing is not corruption" - GEJ

"Abacha never stole" - Buhari

I dey sell common sense, cos it's scarce these days.

1 Like

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 27, 2015
I think Gej assembled the worst campaign team ever. That's also an indictment on him when it comes to making good decisions.

As far as this election is concerned, I'm now on neutral lane till further notice...

6 Likes

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by Bevista: 8:20pm On Jan 27, 2015
Arysexy:
Fayemi kayode d failure of ekiti, How come u stylishly avoided soludo's points? Ur party candidate promised to pay un-employed Nigerian youth 5k monthly, soludo quantified that and it was running in trillions. How much is our budget?

Why didn't u address that Mr failure
Soludo used a paragraph to point out the shortcoming of the APC manifesto, and over 10 paragraphs to point out the damage and rot caused by PDP, especially GEJ.

APC has the decency to respond, albeit diplomatically avoiding the key question. PDP on the other hand does not have a single response to all the issues raised, rather than castigate soludo.

I take it that APC have seen the folly of their proposal and would likely think through others before presenting them to Nigerians. PDP on the other hand has accepted failure and guilt, by not putting up a single response.

Shame on PDP. I'm taking a chance on APC.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by manny4life(m): 8:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
hansad:
LMAO!!! Does APC not know that Soludo is a wounded lion who is trying to find a place to hide? Soludo lost Anambra state guber election which he hoped Jonathan would use PDP winning apparatus to rig for Soludo.

Soludo even further opened his biased mind when he posited in the article that veteran Economist, Okonjo Iwealla, should not have been in charge of managing Nigeria's economy. Soludo said an Architect, Namadi Sambo the VP, was the man to have been in charge of managing the economy. Shior
Iwealla has taken Nigeria to the fastest-growing economy in Africa.

Soludo had issues with late Dora Akunyili. Soludo is ever vindictive, that's what motivated his recent article. APC forget the message, the messenger has a rabid mind.

Sometimes I feel sorry for you people... As much as I admire Mrs. Iwealla as a well respected economist, it doesn't mean her policies will ever be right. After all, it was under the watchful eyes of a "well known" Federal Reserve Bank Governor under the Bush Administration that a lot of ills occured. Even Soludo made economic mistakes while serving as a CBN Governor. Yes, he took a shot at the FEC as well as the Madam Okonjo, but it does not undermine what he said.

Even the best people in the world are often wrong; no one is immune to mistakes. He had a reason for taking the shot: when he mentioned "austerity measures" when there is increased govt expenditure but national income reduced in relation to the "so-called" GDP. That's a serious question which I would like for Mrs. Okonjo to respond to. I have not looked at the 2015 budget; however, to say I was so disappointed upon hearing that 91% is recurrent expenditure is a shame to whatever capital boost we have. So please, Soludo took shot at EVERYONE, not just Mrs. Iwealla, he shot his weapon even at APC.

10 Likes

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by abbey621(m): 8:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
I am not a fan of either candidate neither I'm I the type to follow the crowd but looking at the events of 2011 to the present day, one cannot help but hope for any alternative. PDP has gotten too fat to fight for the masses, GEJ too nice and slow to tackle blood thirsty terrorists and his advisors are too daft to save our crumbling economy, I would like us to think big, let's use our votes to make history, let's use it to send a message to these politicians, that no position is permanent, this election represents perhaps the best opportunity for the Nigerian populace to voice their discontent. My brothers and sisters, forget propaganda, forget religious sentiments, tribalism and all the menacing rhetorics. Think about your future and the future of those that matters to you, do we settle for the same mediocrity or do we at least give change a chance? There's no messiah anywhere coming to save us, we have the power to rewrite our path starting with this election, rise up Nigerians!

12 Likes

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by Descartes: 8:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
Only here for Buhari certificate and nothing more.

2 Likes

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by BokoHaramm: 8:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
APC reply reminds me of OBJ era and his love for commitees. A reporter had to interview OBJ about it and it goes thus:

Reporter: mr president it has been revealed that you set up a lot of commitees with some of them doing the same job.

OBJ: I will set up another committee to look into those committes
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by ViktorMartins(m): 8:24pm On Jan 27, 2015
joseph1013:
Two parties get a scathing and critical article.

One responds through FFK with " Mr. Soludo is confused and conflicted. He seems to have lost touch with reality and this is what often happens when you spend too much time with the Buharists."

The other through Dr. Fayemi responds with "We commend Professor Chukwuma Soludo’s for his insightful and incisive article. We agree with Professor Soludo that if the political parties, including ours, must justify the overwhelming enthusiasm of Nigerians about the 2015 elections we must remain focused on the issues that matter most to them, which is the progress of our country and the well being of our people."

One chooses to attack the messenger, the other addresses the message.

Any surprise why some of us chose the side of the divide we are.

I'm proud!

Sir, I am more than proud to belong to the party! We all intellectuals

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 27, 2015
I'm loving this APC guys.

If naija na america dem for don win since.

8 Likes

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 8:26pm On Jan 27, 2015
Alphaoscar:
I still wonder why Ekiti people chose to throw this man (Kayode Fayemi) away in favour of a Fayose of all people.

Even FFK will be cursing himself when he read this.
Aint it gonna be a blessing if he is among the key planners of the next government of FGN under Buhari's watch?

Sometimes we fail and never realise God is preparing us for a better challenge.

I pray I'd be able to repeat the above emphatically by Novembercheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by Johnjack: 8:27pm On Jan 27, 2015
APC should go and die. Who will bring the economic revolution?. Is it the illiterate GMB that hardly differentiates his right from his
left?. Or is he going on further economics education after winning election?. In the voice of Cossy orjiako, people with WASC end up being cleaners and errand office boys but in Nigeria they can become presidents. We hail thee Nigeria.
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by mrkhaynoni: 8:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
Degis:

Why do I think APC is employing paid per post juveniles, who are certificate deficient like their principal, Buhari. Your lack of comprehension has deprived you the ability to read that this missive was written by Dr Kayode Fayemi.

Indeed it was written by Dr fayemi but he is acting in a capacity similar to that of fani kayode! People are applauding the APC think tank in contrast to a team of hallucinators and rable rousers that makes up the PDP!

4 Likes

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by effyzie01(m): 8:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
thaoriginator:
Men I love Lai Mohammed, a very intelligent man hated by PDP haters. God bless APC.. Just in case this thread hits...(You know where) wink I'm hereby the first to comment (no offense to space bookers)

It was written by Dr Kayode Fayemi

2 Likes

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by jaybee(f): 8:29pm On Jan 27, 2015
Degis:

Why do I think APC is employing paid per post juveniles, who are certificate deficient like their principal, Buhari. Your lack of comprehension has deprived you the ability to read that this missive was written by Dr Kayode Fayemi.

Why are you such a hateful daft? whoever drafted it, it is within the portfolio of Alhaji Lai Mohammed. He is the Publicity Secretary of the party and takes responsibility for it. Its not compulsory to post a comment and expose your mischief, it is more tolerable to shut your stinking mouth and concede to factual, civil and superior submission from a focused party that is just waiting to be handed over the governance of this great country, Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by manny4life(m): 8:29pm On Jan 27, 2015
arresa:

The only and best approach remains taping what's currently untapped and strong diversification and less leaning on oil as our primary income.

The write up addressed everything in plain English and I wonder why and how you missed ....

I read it plain and simple and that's where the problem is. Did you read Soludo's write-up? We have see many "we shall", "we will", etc. What Soludo posited is simple: how do you intend on achieving your "you will" when there is less public money. For instance, he mentioned how APC stated they will give something similar to social security which amounts to trillion; his question to this was, how will APC achieve this despite lots of unfinished projects worth billion, outstanding debt. Here is an excerpt on jobs

Surely, creating millions of jobs in this economy would, among other things, require ‘new money’ and extraordinary system of coordination among the three tiers of government plus the private sector. Unfortunately, from what I read, the CBN is largely likely to be asleep at this time the country needs the most revolutionary finance. This is a topic for another day. Only the President can lead this effort. Moreover, we are waiting for the two parties/candidates to spell out [size=16pt]HOW[/size] they will create jobs, whether it is the 20,000 jobs per state by APC or 2 million per annum by President Jonathan. Let us know how you arrived at the figures. Whichever of the two that is declared winner will have his job cut out for him, and I expect him to declare a national emergency on job creation.

3 Likes

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by wordcat(m): 8:31pm On Jan 27, 2015
The difference is clear

For Food Only a.k.a Fani Kayode and Mr Peter Adaobi acted like touts and hooligans, attacking Soludo from left, right and centre; reminding him how he lost Anambra State governorship election and how he wanted tenure elongation as CBN Governor instead of addressing the issues he raised.

Raise any issue against pdp and watch how they will term u a paid agent.

Will they go back now and come up with some tangible pertaining to what Prof Soludo said other than the rant of fani kayode?

5 Likes

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by Bevista: 8:31pm On Jan 27, 2015
LMAyedun:
Buhari can't lie his way to 'Change'

WhereIsYourCertificate?

GEJ till 2019
Stale! Go get a life.

4 Likes

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by cesareborgia(m): 8:32pm On Jan 27, 2015
Alphaoscar:

http://blogs.premiumtimesng.com/?p=166647
Unfortunatly this party skipped the most important Fact...Nigeria needs true federalism...Every state must control their resources and inspire growth...the monopoly in the center must stop....APC is not the messiah of Nigeria...they do not see a nigeria that brings true government closer to the people...And PDP are a cluless bunch of politicians using dinner table politics on Nigeria...WE NEED A REVOLUTION!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by Jecintakia: 8:33pm On Jan 27, 2015
Buhari can't lie his way to change
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by teufelein(f): 8:33pm On Jan 27, 2015
[b]Our “mumu” is our refusal to understand the designs of our Caliphate neighbors [a.k.a the Hafukawa (the Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri people), the Arewa sosei (the True North) or the Shariyalanders] with whom we addictively insist on cohabiting Lugard’s Nigeria. What we have refused to understand may be broken down into the following items:

Mumu #1: The Caliphate is the subcontractor to whom the British colonialists, under cover of granting independence in 1960, handed over Nigeria to colonize for them. They are the licensed sub-colonizers for the British imperialists.

Mumu #2: The ambition of the Caliphate, its design on its neighbors in Nigeria, is to be the perpetual colonial masters over all other Nigerians-–this is sometimes hazily glimpsed as their “born to rule” mentality. The non-Caliphate Nigerians have failed to investigate the designs of our Caliphate neighbors. As a result we have not understood who it is we insist on cohabiting Nigeria with. Without knowing their colonialist designs, we have sought to build a “One Nigeria” in which they are included as partners. In so doing, we have been like mice who insist on cohabiting a cage with a cat, on the blind assumption that the cat is their brother, and is just another mouse, and therefore not a predator who eats mice. The cat has gladly gone along with the foolish and undiscerning mice, hoping they’ll never wise up to its designs until it’s too late for them.

Mumu #3: The Caliphate uses religion, its project of “advancing Sharia”, as cover for expanding its influence beyond its Arewa/Shariyaland base area into the rest of its inherited colony called Nigeria.

Mumu #4: The Caliphate is incorrigibly anti-democracy, and will use whatever it can—coups, pogroms, fraudulent constitutions, rigged elections etc.—to prevent democracy from taking root in Nigeria. That is the prime lesson from June 12 and the frauds of the 1999 constitution, but we’ve refused to learn and apply it.
[/b]

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/articles-comments/87828-discourse-our-mumu-part-i-backroom-view-state-struggle-true-federalism.html
http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/articles-comments/87828-discourse-our-mumu-part-i-backroom-view-state-struggle-true-federalism.html
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by jaybee(f): 8:38pm On Jan 27, 2015
abbey621:
I am not a fan of either candidate neither I'm I the type to follow the crowd but looking at the events of 2011 to the present day, one cannot help but hope for any alternative. PDP has gotten too fat to fight for the masses, GEJ too nice and slow to tackle blood thirsty terrorists and his advisors are too daft to save our crumbling economy, I would like us to think big, let's use our votes to make history, let's use it to send a message to these politicians, that no position is permanent, this election represents perhaps the best opportunity for the Nigerian populace to voice their discontent. My brothers and sisters, forget propaganda, forget religious sentiments, tribalism and all the menacing rhetorics. Think about your future and the future of those that matters to you, do we settle for the same mediocrity or do we at least give change a chance? There's no messiah anywhere coming to save us, we have the power to rewrite our path starting with this election, rise up Nigerians!

God bless you. Men and women of reason with independent minds must stand up and be counted on the side of Nigeria, not on the side of GEJ/PDP or GMB/APC. The side of Nigeria is the side of change from a from a country moving fast on the path of destruction to a country turning to the path of prosperity. that is the change we earnestly yearn for.

2 Likes

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by thomasjoe(m): 8:42pm On Jan 27, 2015
Alphaoscar:

http://blogs.premiumtimesng.com/?p=166647
Nice write up .....very Idealistic ......but truth be told .....-Pdp can't ...only Buhari can write to cambridge ...and I really expected more from him bro !why write to katsina when there is Wasc and Cambridge if there is nothing to hide? Kindly educate me ! Thanks
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by mrkhaynoni: 8:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
Arysexy:
Fayemi kayode d failure of ekiti, How come u stylishly avoided soludo's points? Ur party candidate promised to pay un-employed Nigerian youth 5k monthly, soludo quantified that and it was running in trillions. How much is our budget?

Why didn't u address that Mr failure

It will be quite myopic and very hasty to assume that the 5k allowance for the unemployed that the APC proposed will be without any form of regulations. Even in the developed economies of this world such stipends exist but there are checks and balances put in place. I guess some PDP thugs are already thinking that the money will be shared rougishly like opening a ghana must go at oshodi and scattering it in the air for the unemployed LMFAO.

5 Likes

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by londoner: 8:44pm On Jan 27, 2015
Hmmm....good, but what APC describe is basically EXACTLY what PDP is DOING and PROPOSING TO DO.
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by caxim04(m): 8:44pm On Jan 27, 2015
Crap! Crap! Crap!

Prof. is asking for figures. They should tell us how the intend to implement their manifesto with data and figures and not mere abstract.

Even without figures i will vote for GMB. At least he can reduce corruption and stop boko haram

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by arresa: 8:45pm On Jan 27, 2015
manny4life:

I read it plain and simple and that's where the problem is. Did you read Soludo's write-up? We have see many "we shall", "we will", etc. What Soludo posited is simple: how do you intend on achieving your "you will" when there is less public money. For instance, he mentioned how APC stated they will give something similar to social security which amounts to trillion; his question to this was, how will APC achieve this despite lots of unfinished projects worth billion, outstanding debt. Here is an excerpt on jobs

Surely, creating millions of jobs in this economy would, among other things, require ‘new money’ and extraordinary system of coordination among the three tiers of government plus the private sector. Unfortunately, from what I read, the CBN is largely likely to be asleep at this time the country needs the most revolutionary finance. This is a topic for another day. Only the President can lead this effort. Moreover, we are waiting for the two parties/candidates to spell out HOW they will create jobs, whether it is the 20,000 jobs per state by APC or 2 million per annum by President Jonathan. Let us know how you arrived at the figures. Whichever of the two that is declared winner will have his job cut out for him, and I expect him to declare a national emergency on job creation.

Either you didn't read or you did but just playing clueless, but let's take this step by step...

It's all about money and jobs and the APC write up addressed both.

Embarking vigorously on industrialization, public works and agricultural expansion generates more money and create jobs. Yes or NO = YES

Diversifying the economy through a national industrial policy and innovative private-sector incentives that will move us away from over reliance on oil into value-added production especially manufacturing generates more money and create jobs. Yes or NO = YES

Reviving textile and other industries that have been rendered dormant because of inappropriate economic policies generates more money and create jobs. Yes or NO = YES

Reinvigorating the solid mineral sector by revamping our aged mining legislation and attracting new investment generates more money and create jobs. Yes or NO = YES

Developing a new generation of domestic oil refineries to lower import costs, enhance our energy independence and create jobs generates more money and create jobs. Yes or NO = YES

Working with state governments to turn the country into Africa’s food basket through a new system of grants and interest free loans, and the mechanization of agriculture generates more money and create jobs. Yes or NO = YES

Encouraging and promoting the use of sports as a source of job creation, entertainment and recreation generates more money and create jobs. Yes or NO = YES

Creating a knowledge economy by making Nigeria an IT /professional/Telecom services outsourcing destination hub to create millions of jobs generates more money and create jobs. Yes or NO = YES

Filling the huge gap in middle level technical manpower with massive investment in technical and tradesmen’s skills education generates more money and create jobs. Yes or NO = YES

Of course we have less money coming in because of the low price of crude, but please tell us what to do to arrest the situation beyound what the APC is proposing to create jobs and make us financially stable and sufficient...

Bottom line, offered the most realistic, prudent and better way forward to generate more money and create jobs.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by ooshinibos: 8:46pm On Jan 27, 2015
LMAyedun:
Buhari can't lie his way to 'Change'

WhereIsYourCertificate?

GEJ till 2019
where is GEJ phd thesis ...you kept quiet at that one naah

1 Like

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 27, 2015
Degis:

You have just confirmed my fears about you. Don't worry when you are more matured you will be handle the truth without cussing your Elders
but you first called him a paid per post juvenile..is that your definition of maturity?...he might still be a juvenile as you have insinuated..but I think he is more matured at his current age than you do at your current age...gerrit?

2 Likes

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by Louislewis: 8:47pm On Jan 27, 2015
[size=16pt]If a professor of the likes of Charles Soludo could fail an election in his state, he should know that his economy policy while as the governor of the Centre Bank of Nigeria failed Nigeria and Nigerians as a whole. It shows your effort to revive Nigeria was nothing to write home about before your state. You should have been voted for to revive your state. You failed woefully before your kinsmen which necessitated yourself exile till now.[/size]
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by manny4life(m): 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2015
mrkhaynoni:

It will be quite myopic and very hasty to assume that the 5k allowance for the unemployed that the APC proposed will be without any form of regulations. Even in the developed economies of this world such stipends exist but there are checks and balances put in place. I guess some PDP thugs are already thinking that the money will be shared rougishly like opening a ghana must go at oshodi and scattering it in the air for the unemployed LMFAO.

In the country where I reside, they don't give unemployed graduates a "stipend". This is an example; among other issues raised, I'd like for APC to address this. Like Soludo asked, when there is no new money, how will they manage this? Will the govt borrow to achieve this aim?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Debt Profile Of The 36 States As At December 2018 (Pictured) / North Will Field Better Candidate For 2023 Presidency – Shettima / Osun Election: EFCC Arrests APC Official Caught Buying Votes At Isale Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.