Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,796 members, 7,806,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo (43625 Views)

Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu / Photos : Namadi Sambo Hands Over Aguda House To Prof. Yemi Osinbajo / A Nairalander Open Letter To Prof Yemi Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by EndtimeBlessing: 12:35am On Jan 28, 2015
I read Prof Soludo's article;
I read Fani Kayode's-PDP's response;
I also read Dr. Kayode Fayemi's-APC's response;
I am not given to sentiment;
Guess whom I will be voting on the 14th of February?
Please ANSWER my question, then SHARE.

2 Likes

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by angelsing(m): 12:38am On Jan 28, 2015
arresa:

The stolen billions including the still missing $10 billion can do a lot. Stopping looting and stealing alone frees up funds and trimming the over bloated government and sometimes triple duplicated worthless agencies and parastatals frees up many more billions too.

We have more than enough money to manage ourselves with, we look poor today only because of corruption, looting and stealing.

To add to it, they will stop the billions of naira worth of contract giving to Tompolo and his steward and allow our Navy do their Job...Another money freed to be used to fund the economy
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by angelsing(m): 12:40am On Jan 28, 2015
relchange:

How do you achieve this when a section of Nigeria in the north (about 40% of the population of Nigeria) hate education with a passion and consistently score low on even the simplest national entrance exams?
How can you educate someone when they don't want to be educated, and even take up arms to double emphasize it?

The most important point raised by Soludo is that Nigeria needs fiscal federalism or nothing will ever work even if the best leader emerges.
There are those who just don't want to do what is necessary to contribute to real national economic development; those who believe that government is an industry by which they must feed or take up arms.

These APC people have not even told us their stance on oil derivation and fiscal federalism.

This response to Soludo is another proof that APC is either naturally dishonest or they are the most clueless bunch to ever emerge in the Nigerian political landscape.

Meanwhile GEJ all the way!
hahahahah...I laughed at ur joke cos this is a joke right?...Calling APC clueless must be the best Joke have heard this year...lol
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by angelsing(m): 12:45am On Jan 28, 2015
Cuche:

More like issue based reply unlike replies from FFK and others. Nigerians still await PDP defense
Unfortunately, the anchor head for the rope of APC in the person of Gen Mohammed Buhari will not rule Nigeria again his past morally disqualifies him. Besides, he is yet to convince Nigerians that this, his inciting statements since 2007 and the born to rule mentality has nothing to do with the increased activities of terrorists who had sworn to make the country ungovernable for GEJ
Seriously?...still holding onto this propaganda?...Even ur lord and personal saviour (GEJ) can not persecute him for that cos he knows its absolutely fallacy
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by ichidodo: 1:05am On Jan 28, 2015
angelsing:
Please stick to the topic and leave this defamation of character...Do u know the people u select to work with u determines if u will succeed or not...Funny enough u never said same thing when Sambo was talking about Osinbajo and church...Pls no need to indulge us in ur merry go round argument..Vote GEJ abeg and stop spreading propaganda
You've been going round barking at pro- PDP comments like an attack dog..why don't you just halla your customary 'sai Buhari' and let us be?! this isnt 1983 you know.
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 28, 2015
You are always talking rubbish. Ibo man with no sense.

ichidodo:
Ok let us assume Soludo was correct and there was apparent rot in the system...Nigerians do you think it is in the place of one who has never taken it upon himself to improve his intellectual and administrative capacity in a democratic setting to correct this anomally? Or are we going to hand the keys of the vehicle Nigeria to a blind driver in a fare of the one-eyed off a cliff simply because of change? We aren't saying GEJ is best because obviously there are better options in the APC....but the question is why Buhari?? especially now it has been revealed he neither cares about Nigerians or Nigeria but his ethnic and religious group?.Are we lookin at a grandiose conspiracy to focus power in microscopic cabal at the expense of gullible and naive Nigerians chanting sai buhari ?
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by ichidodo: 1:17am On Jan 28, 2015
PUSH1:
I am a very sttupid human being.
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by Heffalump(m): 1:51am On Jan 28, 2015
When I read thru the text I discovered this guy is not saying anything new. PDP is already doing virtually all the things he claimed APC will do when voted into power. I never knew APC is this Daft, trying by all means to clinch power.
The irony of it is the gullibility of many to fell to their lies and foolish pranks.
GEJ may not be the Messiah Nigeria has been waiting for but he has tried to his credit. This the time to rubish the evil secrecy of the North by voting GEJ for continuity of transformation program.
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by aadejesu: 2:12am On Jan 28, 2015
Degis:

You have just confirmed my fears about you. Don't worry when you are more matured you will be handle the truth without cussing your Elders
ode, you carry 'elder' attach am to your name for thread abi.......Mr oga nobody knows anybody's age here ooooo, if you're feeling insulted by a mere banter because of your age, then an online thread is not for you sir............#change.
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by gbodimowo(m): 2:19am On Jan 28, 2015
Collynzo419:
A very comprehensive, targeted and instructive response.

Unlike the diatribe by FFK yesterday, the APC has addressed Professor Soludo's points concisely, outlining the policy direction the party intends to take after General Buhari gets to power in May.

Anyone that loves this country cannot vote for GEJ.

We await Febuhari

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by gbodimowo(m): 2:23am On Jan 28, 2015
rusher14:
How can you possibly hate these guys?

For sure the business of governance is not easy and accepting the reality of it is the first step to proper management.

Not empty promises, rhetorics and chest-beating.

Change is upon us but by no means would it be over-night. It requires the direction of the leadership and the dedication of all.

If our parties could shun all the negative brickbats and slandering perhaps we might just find common ground and solutions.

More of this from all parties.

More!!
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by gbodimowo(m): 2:27am On Jan 28, 2015
omenka:
I Love this party APC. Juxtapose this with what FFK said regarding the article and it becomes clearer the reason behind the massive support the party has been enjoying amongst Nigerians from all walks of life!

May God continue to increase the wisdom of the leaders of APC and give them the grace to continually nourish the Nigerian politicosphere with the much needed ingredients to bring forth the Change we all long after!!

Long Live Nigeria.
Long Live APC.
Long Live GMB.
Long Live PYO.

1 Like

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by gbodimowo(m): 2:30am On Jan 28, 2015
Obiagelli:
Fantastic response, i like the fact that they accepted criticism, this will only make them work harder.

God bless Nigeria

God bless the APC

God bless soludo (still have issues with him though)

Ishilove, Obinoscopy, Mukina2,
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by gbodimowo(m): 2:30am On Jan 28, 2015
[quote author=Obiagelli post=30190129]Fantastic response, i like the fact that they accepted criticism, this will only make them work harder.

God bless Nigeria

God bless the APC

God bless soludo (still have issues with him though)
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by neocortex: 4:07am On Jan 28, 2015
Most of the things Fayemi listed has already been started by GEJ.
APC always deflect the main issue, what Soludo ask them is how they will get the money to implement such projects ?
but Fayemi listed what is going to be done , he also failed to give a timeframe for those projects, whether it will take 20 or 25 years, same old rhetoric.
Plans without funds is as good as no plan.
No wonder Ekiti people rejected him.

Let us allow the man who knows the state of things continue to transform Nigeria steadily, empty promises won't fool us again.

GEJ:PROGRESS
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by arresa: 4:39am On Jan 28, 2015
Bawss1:

This is the gross generalisation I think that APC suffers from. While one is not trying to underplay the harmful effects of corruption we also have to ask ourselves whether nations like Spain and Greece are in difficult economic straits because of looting and stealing? Are there no corrupt people in the US or UK?

Sound economic policies is the way to growth.

Corruption, looting and stealing in Nigeria is gross generalization?

The fact that $10 billion was stolen and many more billions unaccounted for is gross generalization?

I don't even feel like going down the line with your history of corruption, looting and stealing..

In one breath you are saying corruption is gross generalization while in another breath saying you are not underplaying it? Are you in control of your brains and senses because you are not making any sense...?

You sound like your stealing is not corruption president.

The countries you mentioned have corrupt people, but the difference is in the same countries, corrupt people go to jail, there's accountability, people get fired and sent to jail.

A governor in the US was sent to jail for 2 years just a few months ago for $200, 000 corruption charge. When was the last time any governor or public official spent time in jail in your country? Even the one we saw on tape collecting bribe did not lose his job and didn't spend 1 second in jail. The only governor that spent time in jail was your president's godfather and your corrupt president who refused to declare his own assets pardoned his god father.. Well, stealing is not corruption of course..
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by arresa: 4:41am On Jan 28, 2015
angelsing:
To add to it, they will stop the billions of naira worth of contract giving to Tompolo and his steward and allow our Navy do their Job...Another money freed to be used to fund the economy

Well said...

Ex militant's budget is even more than some ministry's budget...

1 Like

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by arresa: 4:45am On Jan 28, 2015
manny4life:

Isn't it amazing how you saw my error but failed to see he took the first shot when he said I am either clueless or being mischievous... That was my response to the clueless statement he made. I WILL NOT engage anyone who throws jabs at me including sarcastic and rude comments. I have self worth and I refuse to be insulted.

I qualified your response based on the fact that you asked already answered questions which means you either didn't read the write up or you were just acting clueless.

You I know you very well, I know how you reason and debate, you don't think beyond your narrow and unintelligent track of thought.

I also know how you throw tantrums, spew petty and childish excuses while you run away when cornered.

You should be very glad I didn't call you manny4clown like I used to..
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by taiworaji: 4:50am On Jan 28, 2015
Degis:

Why do I think APC is employing paid per post juveniles, who are certificate deficient like their principal, Buhari. Your lack of comprehension has deprived you the ability to read that this missive was written by Dr Kayode Fayemi.
is Dr Kayode Fayemi from d PDP?
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by confidenceikeh: 5:02am On Jan 28, 2015
GEJ til 2019
Harrisonn:
GEJ TILL 2019
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by pheliciti: 5:52am On Jan 28, 2015
manny4life:

In the country where I reside, they don't give unemployed graduates a "stipend". This is an example; among other issues raised, I'd like for APC to address this. Like Soludo asked, when there is no new money, how will they manage this? Will the govt borrow to achieve this aim?

The N5k stipend is not necessarily for all unemployed youth. It's for 25m most vulnerable in the society, most likely old people and handicapped upon meeting set conditions. On costing, that's N125b, less than a billion $ and its for a short while. I'm sure blocking wastages through crude theft alone will fund this.
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by effyzie01(m): 6:16am On Jan 28, 2015
thaoriginator:
Yes.. I figure. Thnx. Very intelligent piece of reply

Absolutely. Very articulate. I would love him to be my president one day.

1 Like

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by dachpee(m): 6:43am On Jan 28, 2015
Alphaoscar:

http://blogs.premiumtimesng.com/?p=166647
He deserves CBN Governor for Boko Haram, well deserved
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by Doctorkay360: 6:52am On Jan 28, 2015
Harrisonn:
GEJ TILL 2019
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by Doctorkay360: 6:55am On Jan 28, 2015
Harrisonn:
GEJ TILL 2019
The wise Nigerians have gotten past this level unless your message was targeted at kindergarten students.
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by Alphaoscar: 7:30am On Jan 28, 2015
dondo83:

Pdp should ask fayose to reply soludo..I bet he will go like this,
Our government believes in stomach infrastructure and if voted in we shall give all our youths 500per day, and feed the elders looool

Bros, you bad oooo.
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by excelme: 7:39am On Jan 28, 2015
joseph1013: 8:10pm On Jan 27
Two parties get a scathing and critical article.

One responds through FFK with " Mr. Soludo is confused and conflicted. He seems to have lost touch with reality and this is what often happens when you spend too much time with the Buharists."

The other through Dr. Fayemi responds with "We commend Professor Chukwuma Soludo’s for his insightful and incisive article. We agree with Professor Soludo that if the political parties, including ours, must justify the overwhelming enthusiasm of Nigerians about the 2015 elections we must remain focused on the issues that matter most to them, which is the progress of our country and the well being of our people."

One chooses to attack the messenger, the other addresses the message.

Any surprise why some of us chose the side of the divide we are.

I'm proud!

Your analysis is on point.

[size=20pt]Jonthan government is the worst in our history on the economy. - Charles Soludo-Source National Bureau of Statistics[/size]

We were reminded of Jonathan’s agricultural ‘revolution’. But someone cut in and noted that for all the propaganda, the growth rate of the agricultural sector in the last five years still remains far below the performance under Obasanjo. One of us reminded him that no other president had presided over the slaughter of about 15,000 people by insurgents in a peacetime; no other president earned up to 50% of the amount of resources the current government earned from oil and yet with very little outcomes; no other president had the rate of borrowing; none had significant forex earnings and yet did not add one penny to foreign reserves but losing international reserves at a time of boom; no other president had a depreciating exchange rate at a time of export boom; at no time in Nigeria’s history has poverty reached 71% (even under Abacha, it was 67 -70%); and under no other president did unemployment reach 24%. Surely, these are unprecedented records and he surely ‘outperformed’ his predecessors! What a satire!

You can understand why many of us are amused when the government celebrates that it has established twelve more glorified secondary schools as universities. I thought they would have told us how many Nigerian universities made it in the league of the best 200 universities in the world.

[size=16pt]My advice to President Jonathan and his handlers is to stop wasting their time trying to campaign on his job record. [/size]

Despite presiding over the biggest oil boom in our history, it has not added one percentage point to the growth rate of GDP compared to the Obasanjo regime especially the 2003- 07 period. Obasanjo met GDP growth rate at 2% but averaged 7% within 2003- 07. the current government has been stuck at 6% despite an unprecedented oil boom. Income (GDP) growth has actually performed worse, and poverty escalated. This is the only government in our history where rapidly increasing government expenditure was associated with increasing poverty. the director general of NBS stated in his written press conference address in 2011 that about 112 million Nigerians were living in poverty. is this the record to defend?

[size=16pt]His record on the economy is a clear ‘F’ grade. [/size]

[size=16pt]the seeming crisis is not destiny; it is self-imposed. [/size]

Everywhere else in the world, government performance on the economy is measured by some outcome variables such as: income (GDP growth rate), stability of prices (inflation and exchange rate), unemployment rate, poverty rate, etc.

the current government has been stuck at 6% despite an unprecedented oil boom. Income (GDP) growth has actually performed worse, and poverty escalated. This is the only government in our history where rapidly increasing government expenditure was associated with increasing poverty. the director general of NBS stated in his written press conference address in 2011 that about 112 million Nigerians were living in poverty. is this the record to defend? Obama had a tough time in his re-election in 2012 because unemployment reached 8%. Here, unemployment is at a record 24% and poverty at an all-time 71% but people are prancing around, gloating about ‘performance’. As I write, the Naira exchange rate to the dollar is $210 at the parallel market. What a historic performance! Please save your breathe and save us the embarrassment.
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by manny4life(m): 7:43am On Jan 28, 2015
arresa:

I qualified your response based on the fact that you asked already answered questions which means you either didn't read the write up or you were just acting clueless.

You I know you very well, I know how you reason and debate, you don't think beyond your narrow and unintelligent track of thought.

I also know how you throw tantrums, spew petty and childish excuses while you run away when cornered.

You should be very glad I didn't call you manny4clown like I used to..

More reasons why I can't argue with you...

When I tell you I am done with my old ways, not even a million of your type will pull me back. Like I advised you, go and read Soludo's article and read it properly. All that you outlined, he mentioned it and that's why he said it promises good blueprints but very hollow... Go and read it, come back and thank me later. grin

Lol at calling me manny4clown, don't forget back then you were our resident troll.. Lmao.

In response to the question of where the money will come from, I heard one of the politicians say that the problem of Nigeria was not money but the management of resources. This is half-truth. The problem is both. No matter how efficient a father (with a monthly salary of N50,000) is at managing the family resources, I cannot see how he could deliver on a promise to buy a brand new Peugeot 406 for each of his three children in a year. Even with all the loopholes and waste closed, with increased efficiency per dollar spent, there is still a binding budget constraint. To deliver an efficient national transport infrastructure alone will still cost tens of billions of dollars per annum even by corruption-free, cost-effective means. Did I hear that APC promises a welfare system that will pay between N5,000 and N10,000 per month to the poorest 25 million Nigerians? Just this programme alone will cost between N1.5 and N3 trillion per annum. Add to this the cost of free primary education plus free meal (to be funded by the federal budget or would it force non-APC state governments to implement the same?), plus some millions of public housing, etc.

[size=16pt]The APC manifesto contains some good principles and wish-lists, but as a blue print for Nigeria’s security and prosperity, it is largely hollow. The numbers do not add up. Thus, his first job is to present a credible development agenda to Nigerians.[/size]

Do you still believe in what you wrote? Now you see why I did not respond to you... Go and read his article, come back and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 28, 2015
thaoriginator:
Men I love Lai Mohammed, a very intelligent man hated by PDP haters. God bless APC.. Just in case this thread hits...(You know where) wink I'm hereby the first to comment (no offense to space bookers)
You sure didnt read this cause if you did, you will notice that it was written by kayode fayemi.
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by xdravy(m): 8:05am On Jan 28, 2015
A lessons class for FFK
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by Bawss1(m): 8:12am On Jan 28, 2015
arresa:

Corruption, looting and stealing in Nigeria is gross generalization?

The fact that $10 billion was stolen and many more billions unaccounted for is gross generalization?

I don't even feel like going down the line with your history of corruption, looting and stealing..

In one breath you are saying corruption is gross generalization while in another breath saying you are not underplaying it? Are you in control of your brains and senses because you are not making any sense...?

You sound like your stealing is not corruption president.

The countries you mentioned have corrupt people, but the difference is in the same countries, corrupt people go to jail, there's accountability, people get fired and sent to jail.

A governor in the US was sent to jail for 2 years just a few months ago for $200, 000 corruption charge. When was the last time any governor or public official spent time in jail in your country? Even the one we saw on tape collecting bribe did not lose his job and didn't spend 1 second in jail. The only governor that spent time in jail was your president's godfather and your corrupt president who refused to declare his own assets pardoned his god father.. Well, stealing is not corruption of course..

SMH

You might as well have admitted that you did not understand my comment. In your righteous rejoinder you are again alluding to the very point that I was making - APC believes that their anti-corruption outlook is the magic bullet that will solve all of Nigeria's problems and propel the country to greatness.
Well that's cute, but I maintain that that position is a generalisation or oversimplification of Nigeria's problems. It is true that corruption is the bane of our problems but an absence of corruption will not automatically translate to sound economic policies and national growth.

It is your economic policies that voters like me are desirous to look at but instead all we hear is corruption this corruption that. I suspect that it because you and your party lack a coherent strategy in this regard that is why you drown all discussions with anti corruption chants.
Re: Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo by angelsing(m): 8:12am On Jan 28, 2015
ichidodo:
You've been going round barking at pro- PDP comments like an attack dog..why don't you just halla your customary 'sai Buhari' and let us be?! this isnt 1983 you know.
I don't bark I Roar...Please argue base on the thread and stop dancing round it...When u guys don't know how to defend GEJ u go round insulting people and every comment have made on those Pro-GeJ thread not one could say I insulted them. I only argue constructively and u on the hand can't say same for u...I repeat again stop all ur merry go round argument stick to the thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

El-Zakzaky: Religious Movement Or A Military State Within Nigeria? (Photos, Vide / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Yusuf Bichi Magaji's Appointment As New DSS DG / Rev. Felix Meduoye Visits Buhari (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.