Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,423 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? (48084 Views)

Policeman Dies In Lagos Hotel While Having Fun With His Girlfriend / (photos)... A Nairalander's Birthday Gift From His Girlfriend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by hotnsexy: 9:22pm On Oct 04, 2005
Why do men do this?

To the men on the forum if you are in a committed relationship with a girl but you have other friends that are girls do you try to hide them from your girlfriend is yes why? and if no why? if a guy is doing this what does it mean?
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by flickr: 9:44pm On Oct 04, 2005
i guess the guy doesn't want his gf to be jealous, though I wouldn't want anything hidden from me. If you think I'll be jealous, then let me know.
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by goodguy(m): 9:45pm On Oct 04, 2005
Well, I'm not in any relationship. But what i think is that most girls become very jealous seeing their guy with other girls, which might cause them to start a physical attack with such girls, not wanting to know how the girl is related to the guy (probably a secondary school friend, a neighbour at home, etc). So the guy, knowing the type of person his girl is, tries as much as possible to avoid her seeing him with other girls.
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by hotnsexy: 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2005
should one be worried if their significant other is hiding his other female friends from them or vice versa?
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by hotnsexy: 9:48pm On Oct 04, 2005
goodguy:

Well, I'm not in any relationship. But what i think is that most girls become very jealous seeing their guy with other girls, which might cause them to start a physical attack with such girls, not wanting to know how the girl is related to the guy (probably a secondary school friend, a neighbour at home, etc). So the guy, knowing the type of person his girl is, tries as much as possible to avoid her seeing him with other girls.

but i think if the guy is open about his other friends from the begining and has nothing that is being hidden then the girl would have nothing to worry about
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by goodguy(m): 9:57pm On Oct 04, 2005
but then, u know not all girls are so reasonable. no matter how hard you try to explain things to them, they'll always try to bring up GUILT on u.
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by hotnsexy: 9:59pm On Oct 04, 2005
goodguy:

but then, u know not all girls are so reasonable. no matter how hard you try to explain things to them, they'll always try to bring up GUILT on u.

but if the relationship is purely platonic and there is absolutely nothing that anyone could even see to say that there is a possibilty of something else going one why would the girl give you grief?
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by goodguy(m): 10:03pm On Oct 04, 2005
...ask them wink
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by c0dec(m): 11:55pm On Oct 04, 2005
contrary to what most guys might think, hiding your female friends from your "chic" would in my opinion be a stupid thing.

hell, let her get jealous and know she's got some competition. you are a hot boy. believe that. cool
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by vexxy(f): 11:58pm On Oct 04, 2005
Hum, it could be many reasons.  Some of them being:

1.  He subconsciously likes the girl so he feels guilty of having her as a friend so he hides her
2.  They are friends but he wouldn't mind doing more with her so he feels guilty and hides her
3.  He knows that his girlfriend would never understand because she is the jealous type.  He doesn't want unnecessary problems.
4.  He knows that the girl likes him although he may not like her in the same manner but he still enjoys the attention so he feels guilty and hides her
5.  He is uncapable of making a smart decision so he unnecessarily hides her

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by layi(m): 9:46am On Oct 05, 2005
The fact that i'm dating or married does not automatically shut the door against female folks.
I'll let her know i've got other friends but she's the best of them. She's got to deal with it.

Its suicidal trying to hide your friends from someone and its impossible keepin only 1 female.Its too much burden.
As they say there are at least 3 women in evryman's life.
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by gina34(f): 12:51pm On Oct 05, 2005
Well i think any man that does that has some explaination to make.
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by Missworld(f): 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2005
Oh Yes! I'm a jealous lover but that doesn't mean that my lover won't have girlfriends. Guess what! I will let me go to club, beach, parties u name it without me. He can even go with group of friends or one of his girlfriends and I won't mind but once I can read something in that relationship with his girlfriends then I'll step in. For fact that I don't have his last name, I'll quietly leave him. So........Yes guys u can have your girlfriends but there are limits too.
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by smartsoft(m): 3:33pm On Oct 05, 2005
Well 4 me.. if i have female friends.. the best thing i will do is 2 introduce them to my gurl friend.. with that she woun't get jealous.. thats what i will lyke to avoid jealousy..in my relationship.. though ain't into relationship... but i feel that is the best thing to do so far..
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by SirKay3(m): 7:55pm On Oct 05, 2005
For trust sake, let your partners know of any other friends you have pls.

It gives room for peace of mind and brings in absolute trust in each other, or else you'ld both die hunting for each other's secrets, possibly through your mobile fones looking for call records or text messages of each other from unknown names.

No matter how little the friendship is, better tell the truth to your partners
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by goodguy(m): 8:53pm On Oct 05, 2005
Y'all my children have spoken well smiley
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by hotangel2(f): 1:22am On Oct 06, 2005
Girls are evil. They have meaning to everything.. that's why guys hide stuffs like THIS from them. Although i don't like the idea.
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by madlawyer1(m): 9:56am On Oct 06, 2005
A man would feel inclined to hide his female friends from his woman cos he doesn't want her to get jealous. I know many women who insist their man get rid of any female friends or else. If a woman sees her man laughing and joking with another woman, she begins to think things. Wondering how he can be so free with another woman, and whether or not she's still his special one. And so on and so forth. From there she begins to nag and suspect the poor man's every move. Soon, he's out the door and she's left kicking herself.
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by shockreaction(m): 11:43am On Oct 06, 2005
Well... I wouldn't hide my female friends from my girlfriend. If she's got a problem with the way I deal with them, then she should talk to me about it, instead of getting jealous unnecessarily. Coommunication is essential in a relationship. Women should, at least, try to be reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by goodguy(m): 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2005
But then guys, don't y'all think it's even the gurls that hide their male friends the more from their own boyfriends?
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by gina34(f): 12:17pm On Oct 06, 2005
Yes it is true coz,
some guys don't believe a girl can have a male friend with no string attached
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by Missworld(f): 3:18pm On Oct 06, 2005
goodguy:

But then guys, don't y'all think it's even the girls that hide their male friends the more from their own boyfriends?
Females like me have nothing to hide. Before getting serious with a guy I'll make sure that I told him about my friends male and females and even how closely related they are.
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by mckaycee(m): 9:01am On Oct 22, 2005
I do hide my female friends from my girl, not because I have been cheating on her, but because I wouldn't want her to be jealous. But I just realised that it is better to make her know you have female friends ie laying your cards on the table. I think that will make her know you better and really come to trust you.
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by Missworld(f): 6:43pm On Oct 22, 2005
Good words Mckaycee! I like that. wink
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by tiffjan79: 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2005
When my boyfriend and I first got together he told me that he had a best friend that is a female. He said they never had sex and I was cool with it but as time went on I started to notice that his female friend called him a lot. Everywhere we went she called; it seemed like it was always me, him and her. I had to tell him that the calls were a bit too excessive and that she needed to respect the fact that he is in a relationship now. They have cut there phone calls down but sometimes I wonder if she is such a good friend why is he with me; It is very hard to deal with her but I love my boyfriend and I have accepted that. I also have a close male friend. I wish I didn't have to deal with her but I know thats not going to happen.
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by icingbaby(f): 8:30pm On Oct 25, 2005
so his so called female friends and his girlfriend wouldn't know
he is F**hing all of them, or he doesn't want is girlfriend to beat up the sh*t out of his so called female friends cheesy
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by Rolly: 8:00am On Jan 03, 2006
Honestly, i wouldnt mind as long as they have a purely platonic relationship and i can see that they do cheesy
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by NDGOBL00: 11:53am On Jan 13, 2006
I've been married for 21 years and my husband has had female "friends" that he's hidden from me throughout. He actually thinks this is no big deal, and if he weren't spending hundreds of dollars on them I might agree. If he weren't ignoring me and his children, I might agree. My question to you is, If I know how to contact this woman...Should I. Not to get vulgar and rude, but just to "talk". I've offered to divorce my husband, but he won't. I don't want to do it, but I'm thinking he's pushing and pushing so that I will and breaking up our marriage will then be off his shoulders. If all this woman was is a friend, he wouldn't HAVE to hide her. Period!
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by sammyjl(f): 7:45am On Dec 20, 2006
shocked Oh we'all know the answer to this. Girls tend to become so jealous when they see their dude with another girl.

The brother is simply trying to avoid all thz problems with his babe. The more reason not to show hz female friends.
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by Busta(f): 2:53pm On Dec 20, 2006
@topic'

first, if u try to hide ur female friends from ur gurlfriend, then u've got some hidden agenda.

second, if ur gurlfriend is the crazy type then maybe u shld hide ur female friends from her.
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:09pm On Dec 22, 2006
i have always heard this saying that if a guy hides his other girlfriends from you then it means he loves and cares for you and dosen't want you to no,but i think it just dosen't make sense.its bullshit.why should he even double date you? angry
Re: Why Would A Man Hide His Female Friends From His Girlfriend? by jammin(m): 5:15pm On Dec 22, 2006
you just never can tell why. it like asking why some girls like a particular type guy and disregard others this posting is to seek that atention cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

When You Win Lottery And Your Girlfriend Shouts "We Have Won" / Yes! I Told Him Openly That I Like It / Dr. Laser, Nigerian Surgeon To Make Women Sexier Than Sex Dolls (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.