Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

How Do I Engage In Career Networking - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Engage In Career Networking (674 Views)

6 Simple Life Hacks That Will Help You Succeed In Life And In Career / Why People Are Succeeding More Than You In Career And Business / How Important Is Your Appearance In Career Development? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Engage In Career Networking by Parasitic(m): 11:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
Hello expert advice needed, as a fresh graduate, we are often bedeviled with lack of paucity of ideas on how to build our career. From my observation networking is a sure way of meeting people who share common ideas, people who you learn from aka mentors, people who can be your angel helpers. Most times help, connection comes from people who we dont know. For example a person that is excellent in networking usually solves problem easily unlike someone who doesnt seek peoples idea and advice. As a young graduate who doesnt have a well connected family which other ways can we network to meet the right people who will help sharpen our career.
Re: How Do I Engage In Career Networking by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 28, 2015
Yes, I really need to know how to do this....Thank you...

@Op, we can start with each other...I'm keppy.. smiley
Re: How Do I Engage In Career Networking by Parasitic(m): 8:38am On Jan 28, 2015
keppyy:
Yes, I really need to know how to do this....Thank you...

@Op, we can start with each other...I'm keppy.. smiley

Ok parasitic by name! So how do you network with the right people, if you have started already...
Re: How Do I Engage In Career Networking by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 28, 2015
Parasitic:

Ok parasitic by name! So how do you network with the right people, if you have started already...

Ermmmmmm...I really don't know much.

1. Build a Good image of yourself....Speak well, Dress Smart, etc...

2. Be Friendly and always smile...

3. Participate in events.

Use nice names, not parasitic...
Re: How Do I Engage In Career Networking by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 28, 2015
Which University did you attend?

Are you serving yet
Re: How Do I Engage In Career Networking by Parasitic(m): 9:02am On Jan 28, 2015
keppyy:
Which University did you attend?

Are you serving yet

Aight I graduated from unizik, still waiting for internship since I am a member of the health sector. After that nysc. My name doesnt depict who I am. Hahaha funny you. How is your ppa going, where were you posted to?
Re: How Do I Engage In Career Networking by coolluk(m): 2:35pm On Jan 28, 2015
Subscribing

(1) (Reply)

6 Categories Of People You Meet In Life / 5 Things You Should Never Do If You Want A Job In Nigeria / Why All Graduate Want To Be Salary Earner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.