Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone (33891 Views)

6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios / Computer Village: See Why Prices Of Mobile Phones Are On The Increase / Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by flyca: 8:44am On Jan 30, 2015
Pls how can I use my Andriod as a remote control?
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by kingstylo01(m): 8:46am On Jan 30, 2015
Really? This is informative
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 30, 2015
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by slimmingcare(f): 8:52am On Jan 30, 2015
Good findings man.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by bobkezel(m): 8:54am On Jan 30, 2015
Nos 1 and 2 are untrue on my android.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Infomizer(m): 8:56am On Jan 30, 2015
threadstone:
Nice try. Its ur choice to get any device u want not neccessarily until someone forces it down your throat like you android fanatics do all the time. Your os is the best. We have heard...

1. The last time i checked apple devices come in variants, 16 64, and 128gb which i know your darling droids dont have at the moment. You choose what u want.

2. Thats the beauty of ios. Hardly would u beef to do a reset unlike ur darling droids :p. This is because the hardware and software are beautifully integrated together and apps do not hold the os to ransom like u experience everyday (force close, wait etc.

3. So u need a new remote and you bought a phone, congrats.

4. Just because you dont have access to the file manager doesnt mean all files are dumped in the same folder in iphones. A simple jailbreak will convince you.

5.youre right about itunes. But to say you need iphoto to copy pictures out of iphone. Come on, say something else.

6. Any oem reserves the right to whatever hardware it wants for its products. Ure complaining of cable, tell tecno and others too to use snapdragon chipsets like others

7. Apples ios is engineered in a way that the appstore is the sole location for downloading apps. This makes cases of malware, vunerabilities and spywares and other nasty installations that the android ecosystem is notoriously famous for. For jailbroken devices, the cydia appstore also serves as a secondary base of apps to download too. Be illuminated.

8. Guest mode accounts werent a feature of android up till lollipop which im sure u dont have on your device. However be rest assured that its not so far away from ios. By the way have u heard of family sharing.. Google is ur buddy.

9. Who the hell needs google map when there is sygic map there that works seamlessly with realtime locations, thousands of poi and the best feature, u can use it OFFLINE.
10. Apple cares much about security and pattern lock is on the lowest level in security terms yet u say android is better because of that. Hell if youre using an exchange mail account on ur crapdroid, u can NEVER set a pattern lock as ur phone password. Reason? Read the above.

11. Widgets? Ever heard of ios 8?

12. Tell me where else to keep apps beside the home screen. And before u mention folders, ios users have been enjoying that long since before it debuted on android kitkat.
13. Well u may have a point.

14. Thank God u said a few phones. Out of those phone users, how many actually use d feature. I had a galaxy mega for close to two years and i could count on one hand how many times i used that feature. NEXT

15. Point well noted. Rather than set that, ill ask my PA (Siri) to wake me up at five. Dasall

Believe me, ive seen it all. Rooting xposed cyanogen 7-12. Odin etc. theres no big deal in android. [/b]You deserve a lagfree os where ure readily assured of an os upgrade for at least three years on a steady note, where ur device has a higher resale value

Where d prices of devices dont drop like a steam pot
Where u have a beautifully designed os which integrates with the hardware to produce a seamless experience and regular updates which shields you away from the need to flash roms.
Where a 1gb ram dualcore device is more powerful than other octacore hexacore decarcore 3gb devices.
Where a 1900mAH battery would last u for 24 hours 3g usage

Welcome to ios 8.[b]

@ Emboldened
Siri sha!!!!
After my woman and ma BMW, Na Siri o! Heard Android guys have got their own equivalent, especially on some Samsung phones, but Oga Na master any day any time!

3 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by mickyeddi(m): 8:57am On Jan 30, 2015
The iPhone 6 Apple fans are making noise about has got specs basic Android phones like the HTC Desire HD had about 4 years ago. People are splashing out money on a glorified plastic just because it has the Apple logo on it. So much for the power of corporate marketing.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by McAustin92(m): 8:58am On Jan 30, 2015
most of u guyz here never done there so u can't really differentiate.....ios rocks in terms of security n durability......if u need high tech device get an iphone upgraded with ios 8.

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by stanboy28(m): 8:59am On Jan 30, 2015
Randerl:
grin grin grin

16. ANDROID Platform let you develop your own innovative Data Plans. Eg MTN and GLO BIS.

dude abeg share d annoiting and let d oil flow from d alter to the pple
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by mickyeddi(m): 8:59am On Jan 30, 2015
flyca:
Go to Google play store, there are lots of apps from TV manufacturers and indie developers that can work on specific TV models.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by snazzy5050(m): 9:00am On Jan 30, 2015
no12 is a pure lie.... did u copy and paste? or u used someone's iPhone to compile all this, cuz u don't look like an ios user

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by ralmix(m): 9:02am On Jan 30, 2015
12 nt tru
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by nani667: 9:06am On Jan 30, 2015
flyca:

If your device has an IR blaster then there are many remote control apps you can install and flex ✔

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by loswhite(m): 9:09am On Jan 30, 2015
slinkman:
i read all your point trying to see a point where the iphone best android, but i couldn't, it is rated all over the web and globe, when it comes to customization and enjoying phone, android rocks. Iphone is a toyish Jail.
how can you see when you are blind...lol
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Mubarak1(m): 9:09am On Jan 30, 2015
Dekatron:
Still?

GEJ till you start paying good attention @english/ in english class. . . . Ehn?

Speaking English fluently has no value in our own 9ja because our Madam and her b0ss had boo boos *I'll rather kill my self than to commit suicide*
Sai Buhari till Oga Jonah and Madam P learns to speak fluently
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by loswhite(m): 9:11am On Jan 30, 2015
threadstone:

When it comes to being lagfree. The ios is better. When it comes to firmware updates for devices, the ios is better. (Iphone 4s released in 2011 has ios 8 released in 2014) apple wont tell u to get a new phone to enjoy the new os features like android does.
The initial purpose of flashing custom roms was to imput new features ported from the latest rom build and even with that, it is not 100% perfect as some features wont work. I used cm 10-cm12 so i believe i know what im saying.
When it comes to being secure, the ios is better, you will never hear of a malware, virus loaded on an iphone.

The appstore is better than playstore ( YES I SAID IT). Every app that goes in the appstore is being verified by an apple employee, unlike playstore where a mumu developer will post a crappy app that may or may not work.
Even the appstore has better exclusive apps than playstore.

Shall i mention piracy is rampant on android ecosysystem too. An app developer releases a new app. In weeks wack developers copy the game plan, codes and re engineer them and release too.
Temple run snowden run etc.

Youre less supscetible to an attack on ios than on an android.

The proud mentality that android is better seems like a farce. Thats why we see threads posting iphone killers, beasts etc because they run android they think theyre better.

I would rather stick to a phone where its 1.2 mega pixel is sharper than a 20.7mp android camera. Its dual core is faster than an octacore android device.

Customization: jailbreak and see the future.
When you have an os that gives it all, there is no need to use custom roms

Shall I continue
please don't waste your time educating techno fan.... grin

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by UuzbaGuuzba: 9:12am On Jan 30, 2015
Iphone Vs Android phone.
Na wetin?
Nigerians did not write any single code in either of the OS s nor did they manufacture any of the hardware. Our's is just to sit, wait, let oyibos DO IT ALL and then we import and start comparing abd making mouth.

Are you not ashamed?

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 30, 2015
Dekatron:
Still?

GEJ till you start paying good attention @english/ in english class. . . . Ehn?
LOL omo na now I see d error shaa, well
Sai buhari untill u learn dat u don't use "@" in that context even wen ur tryin to form tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 30, 2015
Hahaha nice......give me an iPhone 6 if you don't want yours please.

The thing a lot of people don't seem to realise is, the iPhone is beyond being just called phone, it's just everything the android is trying to be but just can't.

Okay let me explain with an example, you see yeah let's say I drive a Lexus, it's a Toyota product and I know a camry is way cheaper and also has lots of bells and whistles too but if I had to buy another car wouldn't I buy a camry or corolla? Nah, if I could afford it I would buy another Lexus or Mercedes benz. Yeah it costs more to maintain, but no matter how you try to sell me on a corolla,or camry I would just rather have be stranded in a benz than cruise around in a camry. It's just what it is, iphones are just luxury items and classy, they don't have to have the highest end gpu, or fastest processor or best camera, people that buy them don't buy them for this. I wouldn't buy a benz because it lays eggs, I would buy a benz because it's a benz. The iPhone 6 sold over 74 million pieces in 4 months alone, this says a lot. So no matter how many articles needs waste their time posting about how much better android is than the iPhone, it just won't matter.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by TrishaP(f): 9:21am On Jan 30, 2015
i products are stingy. The worst is using iTunes to transfer music's and videos. You can't even download with the phone. I'm glad I'm free from that bondage. Android all the way jare!

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 30, 2015
maybe i would jst have d both... thank u.. cool
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by networkgenuis: 9:23am On Jan 30, 2015
threadstone:

But i hope u heard that dear iphone 6 trounced ur darling htc one m8 in a speed test even s5 too. With all the 3gb ram on note 4, its not as fluid as iphone 6 in multitasking. That was for the kitkat build, since u say ure on 5.0 i may have to see that too. iCant deny the lollipop is a nice fluid. Ive used it and i know. We can trade demos too. When i talk about androids i never do a mistake of mentioning the numerous chinese crapdroids that exist in ur ecosystem.
What else would u expect from probably google sponsored project? A blackberry?
Its just there. Forget the noise

On point bro.
I use Xperia Z2 of 3GB RAM and iPhone 6+ of just 1GB RAM but you know what? The iPhone is far more faster and fluid in handling and executing applications and task more that the Z2! Hardware optimization matters.
The Z2 boasts of 20MP rear camera and the iPhone 6+ just 8MP but I tell you, all the pictures I've taken with the 6+ is far superior to that of Z2. I don't even want to talk about the security aspect.

Android's only selling point in my opinion is the flexibility it offers.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Baddestguyp(m): 9:25am On Jan 30, 2015
threadstone:

When it comes to being lagfree. The ios is better. When it comes to firmware updates for devices, the ios is better. (Iphone 4s released in 2011 has ios 8 released in 2014) apple wont tell u to get a new phone to enjoy the new os features like android does.
The initial purpose of flashing custom roms was to imput new features ported from the latest rom build and even with that, it is not 100% perfect as some features wont work. I used cm 10-cm12 so i believe i know what im saying.
When it comes to being secure, the ios is better, you will never hear of a malware, virus loaded on an iphone.

The appstore is better than playstore ( YES I SAID IT). Every app that goes in the appstore is being verified by an apple employee, unlike playstore where a mumu developer will post a crappy app that may or may not work.
Even the appstore has better exclusive apps than playstore.

Shall i mention piracy is rampant on android ecosysystem too. An app developer releases a new app. In weeks wack developers copy the game plan, codes and re engineer them and release too.
Temple run snowden run etc.

Youre less supscetible to an attack on ios than on an android.

The proud mentality that android is better seems like a farce. Thats why we see threads posting iphone killers, beasts etc because they run android they think theyre better.

I would rather stick to a phone where its 1.2 mega pixel is sharper than a 20.7mp android camera. Its dual core is faster than an octacore android device.

Customization: jailbreak and see the future.
When you have an os that gives it all, there is no need to use custom roms

Shall I continue
cool down bro, op stated advantages of android over iPhone. most people prefer an android to iPhone because of flexibility. its silly when restricted to downloading only from the store. what happens when an app gets taken down from the store u can't get it anymore.

I'd rather use a phone the way I want than let a phone dictate to me how to use it

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by mgbeketoto: 9:31am On Jan 30, 2015
I have both. . . Iphone is my choice.
I can't stand that 'force close' nonsense on the droids.

Iphone all the way!!!! cool

My telephone is for calling and receiving calls only.
Except I am in a place where I can't use my ipad mini. . . I use my phone to browse(NOT MY PREFERENCE)

I love to use a bigger screen on my tablets instead of straining my eyes on a phone. cool

All photos and videos are stored in dropbox and an EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE.

I keep my usage space free and unclogged by unnecessary apps! kiss

By the way. . . I am stopping at Iphone 4s and Samsung Galaxy III. . . .
I am not into 'gadget updates'. . . waste of money. To impress who? undecided

I have limited use for my phones with one computer and 2 tablets(ONE IPAD MINI AND ONE KINDLE HDX)!
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 30, 2015
threadstone:
Nice try. Its ur choice to get any device u want not neccessarily until someone forces it down your throat like you android fanatics do all the time. Your os is the best. We have heard...

1. The last time i checked apple devices come in variants, 16 64, and 128gb which i know your darling droids dont have at the moment. You choose what u want.

2. Thats the beauty of ios. Hardly would u beef to do a reset unlike ur darling droids :p. This is because the hardware and software are beautifully integrated together and apps do not hold the os to ransom like u experience everyday (force close, wait etc.

3. So u need a new remote and you bought a phone, congrats.

4. Just because you dont have access to the file manager doesnt mean all files are dumped in the same folder in iphones. A simple jailbreak will convince you.

5.youre right about itunes. But to say you need iphoto to copy pictures out of iphone. Come on, say something else.

6. Any oem reserves the right to whatever hardware it wants for its products. Ure complaining of cable, tell tecno and others too to use snapdragon chipsets like others

7. Apples ios is engineered in a way that the appstore is the sole location for downloading apps. This makes cases of malware, vunerabilities and spywares and other nasty installations that the android ecosystem is notoriously famous for. For jailbroken devices, the cydia appstore also serves as a secondary base of apps to download too. Be illuminated.

8. Guest mode accounts werent a feature of android up till lollipop which im sure u dont have on your device. However be rest assured that its not so far away from ios. By the way have u heard of family sharing.. Google is ur buddy.

9. Who the hell needs google map when there is sygic map there that works seamlessly with realtime locations, thousands of poi and the best feature, u can use it OFFLINE.
10. Apple cares much about security and pattern lock is on the lowest level in security terms yet u say android is better because of that. Hell if youre using an exchange mail account on ur crapdroid, u can NEVER set a pattern lock as ur phone password. Reason? Read the above.

11. Widgets? Ever heard of ios 8?

12. Tell me where else to keep apps beside the home screen. And before u mention folders, ios users have been enjoying that long since before it debuted on android kitkat.
13. Well u may have a point.

14. Thank God u said a few phones. Out of those phone users, how many actually use d feature. I had a galaxy mega for close to two years and i could count on one hand how many times i used that feature. NEXT

15. Point well noted. Rather than set that, ill ask my PA (Siri) to wake me up at five. Dasall

Believe me, ive seen it all. Rooting xposed cyanogen 7-12. Odin etc. theres no big deal in android. [/b]You deserve a lagfree os where ure readily assured of an os upgrade for at least three years on a steady note, where ur device has a higher resale value

Where d prices of devices dont drop like a steam pot
Where u have a beautifully designed os which integrates with the hardware to produce a seamless experience and regular updates which shields you away from the need to flash roms.
Where a 1gb ram dualcore device is more powerful than other octacore hexacore decarcore 3gb devices.
Where a 1900mAH battery would last u for 24 hours 3g usage

Welcome to ios 8.[b]

you're wrong bout the guest mode feature. my android 4.4.2 has it.

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 30, 2015
networkgenuis:

On point bro.
I use Xperia Z2 of 3GB RAM and iPhone 6+ of just 1GB RAM but you know what? The iPhone is far more faster and fluid in handling and executing applications and task more that the Z2! Hardware optimization matters.
The Z2 boasts of 20MP rear camera and the iPhone 6+ just 8MP but I tell you, all the pictures I've taken with the 6+ is far superior to that of Z2. I don't even want to talk about the security aspect.

Android's only selling point in my opinion is the flexibility it offers.

You can't use just one Android phone to judge. Sony is very poor in optimization and calibration. Most OEMs use Sony sensor for their cameras yet they produce better pictures than Sony. Compare the iPhone 6+ camera with Nexus 6. The latter kills it while Samsung Note 4 murders both phones.

They are all great devices

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 30, 2015
threadstone:

U and i may never meet at the same middle ground. Ur android works for u. Fine my iphone does too. Ure an old iphone user switching to android. The reverse is the case here. From bb to lg to samsung then finally iphone. Mind you i had d galaxy mega for close to two years too. So all those tweaking, deodexing etc is not new to me too. You say a 512mb android is better at multi tasking than iphone. Come on, you can do better than that.
Me thinks ure argument here is based on lolipop right?

The population of android devices is less than 5% so im speaking in generality,

My iphone 6 here is not boring and doesnt lag even after jailbreaking. I constantly tweak it erryday thanks to cydia. Lots of devs here too. So i disagree when u say its for non geeks. D only difference is because android comes on linux based environment and for d ios u need to go an extra step.

Let me leave u with this. Enjoy watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCln9_mgZJo

as long as you dey nigeria, that you iPhone6 you brag about is about the same thing with chiko phone. You dey go beg iTunes for free app. Try use your master card see nah. No come makes mouth with that bended Republic

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Geenickel(m): 9:44am On Jan 30, 2015
Not even jazz can make me ditch ma android fone.......I'm being bought over,ma heart is stolen.gringrin

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:47am On Jan 30, 2015
Am sorry to say but most of all the iphone users here are poor users of the phones.
Here is the list of things i do with my iphone.
1)Multitasking.
2)Download Music and Videos without itunes
3)Blog.
4) Test run some html and javascript
5)Edit videos and pics
6)and everyother thing that an android could possibly do.
And guess what, i didnt jailbreak anything.
There is an app for everything i do so i feel my iphone is good for me and i rate it over android because of the latter's vulnerability to virus and malware.

3 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 30, 2015
Flimsy reasons. Im still in love with my Iphone.
Once you have a lappy and constant wifi, youd totally enjoy your iphone.

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by danchuzzy(m): 9:50am On Jan 30, 2015
Randerl:
grin grin grin

16. ANDROID Platform let you develop your own innovative Data Plans. Eg MTN and GLO BIS.

Bros... How you take do am?
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Rawani: 9:56am On Jan 30, 2015
Funny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures You Can Relate To When You Browse With Data In Nigeria / Man Wins N10m In Airtel Promo In Awka, Faints At Prize Presentation / Whats the difference between Blackberry Bold 2 And Bold 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.