Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone (33902 Views)

6 Reasons Android Will Always Be More Popular Than Apple's Ios / Computer Village: See Why Prices Of Mobile Phones Are On The Increase / Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by fxstory(m): 12:20pm On Jan 30, 2015
its all about preferences.the both are not bad.depending on what you want to use them for
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by BotherMleeper(m): 12:24pm On Jan 30, 2015
1 reason iphone is better than android: iphone still sells like hotcakes

Apple posted a net profit of 18 billion dollars...in 1 quarter!

18 billion dollars
1 quarter

Thats the most profit of any company in history and ios devices account for almost 70% of apples revenues.

Apple is right now the world biggest smartphone manufacturer, shipping 76 million devices compared to samsungs 72 million.

the most profitable and biggest android vendor, samsung, is losing money and market share.

So in sum apple is skyrocketing and samsung is declining while you're here listing a string of pointless features.

Disclaimer: i have an ipad air, a macbook air, and a samsung galaxy s5 as my primary device.

3 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by threadstone(m): 12:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
On the contrary, gtb nairamastercard works with appstore. Ive bought modern combat 5 there. Plus on cydia (jailbreak tweak market), i purchased airblue app With paypal(its linked to ur gtb mastercard as well).

For free apps download appcake

I can share/recieve files via bluetooth, download mp3 and videos etc...

Plus not all apps on appstore are paid apps. Last i checked fifa 15 is freeeee.

Viciyus:
as long as you dey nigeria, that you iPhone6 you brag about is about the same thing with chiko phone. You dey go beg iTunes for free app. Try use your master card see nah. No come makes mouth with that bended Republic

1 Like

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Farouksenior: 12:52pm On Jan 30, 2015
threadstone:

On the contrary, gtb nairamastercard works with appstore. Ive bought modern combat 5 there. Plus on cydia (jailbreak tweak market), i purchased airblue app With paypal(its linked to ur gtb mastercard as well).

Abeg help me ask dem wetin u fit find wer no dey cydia.
Repos for everytin. Even on my backward 4s. I dey run io8.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 30, 2015
dmcdad:

Best phone? By whom? Lollipop with its bugs is crap at the moment. Fantastic idea streamlining the OS and all, but with all the bugs in it at this juncture, don't even brag yet.

iOS 8 is very buggy too
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by networkgenuis: 12:58pm On Jan 30, 2015
ollah1:

Ohh.. You started using an iPhone for the first time. Lemme guess, it's the new iPhone and it's running iOS8, yet it's been compared to devices that came earlier with less powerful chipset. Xperia Z2 doesn't trash M8 in any aspect besides the camera and it's cos of the ultra pixel gimme HTC stubbornly continue to implement. HTC M8 was the best smartphone of 2014.

Pick up a note 4 and see things for yourself. Mind you, it's running KK.

HTC isn't aggressive in marketing.
Bro we all have our bias and sentiments to a particular OS and or brand. I'm just trying to be objective to the best of my ability. I never knew a day will come that I will ever say anything good about iOS and if I think back to some things I said about it Sometime ago, I feel ashamed.

@ your comment in bold. Comparing iPhone chipset to that of other Android devices is akin to comparing apples and oranges. First of, though the Z2 predates the 6+, yet it houses a quad core Qualcomm chip clocked at 2.4GHz(3GB RAM) while the iPhone 6+ houses a modest dual core Cyclone chip clocked at 1.2GH(1GB RAM), though the Z2 boasts of higher hardware spec, the 6+ beats it hands down in EVERY category of performance.
Haven't you asked yourself why?
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 30, 2015
networkgenuis:

Bro we all have our bias and sentiments to a particular OS and or brand. I'm just trying to be objective to the best of my ability. I never knew a day will come that I will ever say anything good about iOS and if I think back to some things I said about it Sometime ago, I feel ashamed.

@ your comment in bold. Comparing iPhone chipset to that of other Android devices is akin to comparing apples and oranges. First of, though the Z2 predates the 6+, yet it houses a quad core Qualcomm chip clocked at 2.4GHz(3GB RAM) while the iPhone 6+ houses a modest dual core Cyclone chip clocked at 1.2GH(1GB RAM), though the Z2 boasts of higher hardware spec, the 6+ beats it hands down in EVERY category of performance.
Haven't you asked yourself why?

I said something earlier regarding optimization and calibration.. Sony is one of the poorest in these, z2 was released in the first quarter 2014 while iPhone 6+ arrived late last year. Its really unfair comparing these two devices. Do yourself a great good and compare the below phones that arrived at the same time

iPhone 6+(iOS8), Google Nexus 6(Lollipop) and Samsung Galaxy Note 4(KitKat)

I await your feedback
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by slinkman(m): 1:39pm On Jan 30, 2015
dmcdad:

Best phone? By whom? Lollipop with its bugs is crap at the moment. Fantastic idea streamlining the OS and all, but with all the bugs in it at this juncture, don't even brag yet.
you have google right? google best phones.. wink
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 30, 2015
threadstone:

that's great. Never know that iPhone can share music via Bluetooth with others device
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by threadstone(m): 2:25pm On Jan 30, 2015
Viciyus:
that's great. Never know that iPhone can share music via Bluetooth with others device

It works on jailbroken iphones. Download airblue app on cydia
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 30, 2015
threadstone:

It works on jailbroken iphones. Download airblue app on cydia
and I have not jailbreak my iPhone 5.so I have to hack the phone now before I can use this app
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by threadstone(m): 2:41pm On Jan 30, 2015
ollah1:

I said something earlier regarding optimization and calibration.. Sony is one of the poorest in these, z2 was released in the first quarter 2014 while iPhone 6+ arrived late last year. Its really unfair comparing these two devices. Do yourself a great good and compare the below phones that arrived at the same time

iPhone 6+(iOS8), Google Nexus 6(Lollipop) and Samsung Galaxy Note 4(KitKat)

I await your feedback

A review i watched on youtube actually showed d iphone 6 going ahead of the nexus and note 4 running kitkat in opening recent apps/games while note 4 had to reopen them. D iphone slagged off when it came towards streaming services and at the end the nexus was the fastest in speed with note 4 coming second and iphone 6 last.
An important point to note is that note 4 was running kitkat and more lag is expected as u move up to lollipop. And both android devices were running on multiple core processors and 3gig ram vs dual core iphone on 1gig ram.
Its an impressive feat tho

No android device Will ever be as fluid as the nexus because the os is being optimized for the device. Others just lazily build hardware and wait for googles help in building an os so they can dump their bloatwares and sell off
My question is if u cant make maximum use of ur processors.. Why not build your own software

Back in the day every oem made their own os. Now google has made everyone so lazy even tecno will be shouting theyre better than iphone.

Im still awaiting a quadcore 3gig ram tizen samsung smartphone. Rubbishhh.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by threadstone(m): 2:41pm On Jan 30, 2015
Sadly yep. Other option is to download xender from appstore but its limited to iphone to iphone only
Viciyus:
and I have not jailbreak my iPhone 5.so I have to hack the phone now before I can use this app
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by briensmith: 3:09pm On Jan 30, 2015
Hello,

Actually I love iphone, even after two years with an Android phone, I switched back to iPhone this month. I liked my Android phone. The iPhone user interface is much more polished then Android phone. Jelly Bean operating system is very quicker and smoother, it has substantial improvements, but iPhone is still better.The iPhone app ecosystem is markedly better. The iPhone camera is just the best. I love it because the beautiful pictures, and great features like high dynamic range, which both compensates for some limitations of simple cameras, and can create attractive images that remind me of a painting.

Thanks,

SIM Free iphone
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by MsNas(f): 3:48pm On Jan 30, 2015
FotherMucker:
1 reason iphone is better than android: iphone still sells like hotcakes

Apple posted a net profit of 18 billion dollars...in 1 quarter!

18 billion dollars
1 quarter

Thats the most profit of any company in history and ios devices account for almost 70% of apples revenues.

Apple is right now the world biggest smartphone manufacturer, shipping 76 million devices compared to samsungs 72 million.

the most profitable and biggest android vendor, samsung, is losing money and market share.

So in sum apple is skyrocketing and samsung is declining while you're here listing a string of pointless features.

Disclaimer: i have an ipad air, a macbook air, and a samsung galaxy s5 as my primary device.
Because most of the buyers are gullible Americans who follow the trend. Most people here use the iPhone cos its the fad and its easier for older people to use than the Droids. Most phone carriers always carry the iPhone brands and its easier to upgrade. It's the younger people that use droids.

I for one would like to go back to my BB10, the galaxy is just to clunky for me. I'm never getting an iPhone cos I don't wanna be locked down on proprietary rights with apple.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
threadstone:

A review i watched on youtube actually showed d iphone 6 going ahead of the nexus and note 4 running kitkat in opening recent apps/games while note 4 had to reopen them. D iphone slagged off when it came towards streaming services and at the end the nexus was the fastest in speed with note 4 coming second and iphone 6 last.
An important point to note is that note 4 was running kitkat and more lag is expected as u move up to lollipop. And both android devices were running on multiple core processors and 3gig ram vs dual core iphone on 1gig ram.
Its an impressive feat tho

No android device Will ever be as fluid as the nexus because the os is being optimized for the device. Others just lazily build hardware and wait for googles help in building an os so they can dump their bloatwares and sell off
My question is if u cant make maximum use of ur processors.. Why not build your own software

Back in the day every oem made their own os. Now google has made everyone so lazy even tecno will be shouting theyre better than iphone.

Im still awaiting a quadcore 3gig ram tizen samsung smartphone. Rubbishhh.

Glad you have watched the video. Samsung and Google/Motorola did impressive jobs with the phones. No android phone can never be like nexus and maybe HTC one's devices in fluidity. The problem with Samsung is touchwiz but not skin is feature rich like it. Most of the new features we see now has been implemented by Samsung on TW. You also need to know that the chipset on the Android devices are 32bit while A8 is 64bit. Now, imagine a Note 4 on a 64bit chipset running on lollipop. What do you think?

Google made most oems lazy but I guess it's the open source nature that resulted to that. It's the same thing with the pc world. I guess that's part of the reason Samsung wants to acquire BlackBerry. Btw, building your own OS isn't much of a problem but having applications in your app store is where the problem lies, that's the issue Microsoft and BlackBerry is facing. Both OS'es are as smooth as butter but lack of apps won't make people buy them.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by holusormi(m): 3:57pm On Jan 30, 2015
Threadstone and other iphone users , please save your data for something better (probably a new tweak from cydia) don't argue with these android fanboys ,,truth is most of them are broke niggers probably using techno or some other Chinese piece of shiat ! Ever heard of the proverb : Don't argue with foolz, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience !! grin

That being said , what's your favorite cydia tweak ? Mine is Itouchsecure , swipe selection , and pdf printer ,, they make life so easy ,, lol
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by BotherMleeper(m): 4:26pm On Jan 30, 2015
MsNas:

Because most of the buyers are gullible Americans who follow the trend. Most people here use the iPhone cos its the fad and its easier for older people to use than the Droids. Most phone carriers always carry the iPhone brands and its easier to upgrade. It's the younger people that use droids.

I for one would like to go back to my BB10, the galaxy is just to clunky for me. I'm never getting an iPhone cos I don't wanna be locked down on proprietary rights with apple.

That's the dumbest argument ever against the unprecedented success of the iPhone.

So anyone who buys one is a blockhead. Great. but ive always found android users mostly settling for less since most find the iphone beyond their limited means. Thus the proliferation of cheap tecnos and gionees and thl and god knows how many number of insanely inelegant knockoffs, the poor man's iphone.

Me, i straddle both worlds. I was among the first to own an iphone in nigeria (2 days after release in 2007), dig up my nairaland posts from the past (as neoteny and then ex inferis).
ive owned all iterations. Now i use the galaxy s5 only because of the pedometer and s health app (im diabetic) but only before the apple watch is unleashed.
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 30, 2015
threadstone:

When it comes to being lagfree. The ios is better. When it comes to firmware updates for devices, the ios is better. (Iphone 4s released in 2011 has ios 8 released in 2014) apple wont tell u to get a new phone to enjoy the new os features like android does.
The initial purpose of flashing custom roms was to imput new features ported from the latest rom build and even with that, it is not 100% perfect as some features wont work. I used cm 10-cm12 so i believe i know what im saying.
When it comes to being secure, the ios is better, you will never hear of a malware, virus loaded on an iphone.

The appstore is better than playstore ( YES I SAID IT). Every app that goes in the appstore is being verified by an apple employee, unlike playstore where a mumu developer will post a crappy app that may or may not work.
Even the appstore has better exclusive apps than playstore.

Shall i mention piracy is rampant on android ecosysystem too. An app developer releases a new app. In weeks wack developers copy the game plan, codes and re engineer them and release too.
Temple run snowden run etc.

Youre less supscetible to an attack on ios than on an android.

The proud mentality that android is better seems like a farce. Thats why we see threads posting iphone killers, beasts etc because they run android they think theyre better.

I would rather stick to a phone where its 1.2 mega pixel is sharper than a 20.7mp android camera. Its dual core is faster than an octacore android device.

Customization: jailbreak and see the future.
When you have an os that gives it all, there is no need to use custom roms

Shall I continue
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by MsNas(f): 4:38pm On Jan 30, 2015
FotherMucker:

That's the dumbest argument ever against the unprecedented success of the iPhone. [b]

So anyone who buys one is a blockhead. Great. but ive always found android users mostly settling for less since most find the iphone beyond their limited means. Thus the proliferation of cheap tecnos and gionees and thl and god knows how many number of insanely inelegant knockoffs, the poor man's iphone.

Me, i straddle both worlds. I was among the first to own an iphone in nigeria (2 days after release in 2007), dig up my nairaland posts from the past (as neoteny and then ex inferis).
ive owned all iterations. Now i use the galaxy s5 only because of the pedometer and s health app (im diabetic) but only before the apple watch is unleashed.

Learn to reply people without being insulting. How old are you?
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 30, 2015
threadstone:

But i hope u heard that dear iphone 6 trounced ur darling htc one m8 in a speed test even s5 too. With all the 3gb ram on note 4, its not as fluid as iphone 6 in multitasking. That was for the kitkat build, since u say ure on 5.0 i may have to see that too. iCant deny the lollipop is a nice fluid. Ive used it and i know. We can trade demos too. When i talk about androids i never do a mistake of mentioning the numerous chinese crapdroids that exist in ur ecosystem.
What else would u expect from probably google sponsored project? A blackberry?
Its just there. Forget the noise

but never compare iphone 6 to nexus 5 in speed test
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Timzyy(m): 4:45pm On Jan 30, 2015
You just av to 'jail break' to enjoy a little freedom on ios
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by BotherMleeper(m): 5:02pm On Jan 30, 2015
MsNas:

Learn to reply people without being insulting. How old are you?

Nigerians and their taking umbrage at online forums! So my opinion that your opinion sounds dumb to me is abusive? Im sorry but im entitled to my opinion of you whether you like it or not.

As for my age, well....im old enough to make my choices what device i use and not follow herd mentality. I dont come online to justify why i chose the phone i did. Im also old enough to know apple is making a killing with their phones irrespective of your opinion.

Ios has its strengths, android has its own. So i use both OS's.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Obiwannn: 7:33pm On Jan 30, 2015
threadstone:

When it comes to being lagfree. The ios is better. When it comes to firmware updates for devices, the ios is better. (Iphone 4s released in 2011 has ios 8 released in 2014) apple wont tell u to get a new phone to enjoy the new os features like android does.
The initial purpose of flashing custom roms was to imput new features ported from the latest rom build and even with that, it is not 100% perfect as some features wont work. I used cm 10-cm12 so i believe i know what im saying.
When it comes to being secure, the ios is better, you will never hear of a malware, virus loaded on an iphone.

The appstore is better than playstore ( YES I SAID IT). Every app that goes in the appstore is being verified by an apple employee, unlike playstore where a mumu developer will post a crappy app that may or may not work.

Shall i mention piracy is rampant on android ecosysystem too. An app developer releases a new app. In weeks wack developers copy the game plan, codes and re engineer them and release too.

The proud mentality that android is better seems like a farce. Thats why we see threads posting iphone killers, beasts etc because they run android they think theyre better.

I would rather stick to a phone where its 1.2 mega pixel is sharper than a 20.7mp android camera. Its dual core is faster than an octacore android device.

Shall I continue

Android remains king...

give me 24 hours I'd reply all the above posts of yoirs
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Laurence1: 7:42pm On Jan 30, 2015
Na wa o...if to say I knw ,I fr no sell my iphone o...chai

#Runs to slot to get anoda iphone

In other words iphone users yaff convinced moi to get anoda and jailbreak it dis time, crapdoid users should come up with better points against ios

#teamiphone
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 30, 2015
threadstone:
Nice try. Its ur choice to get any device u want not neccessarily until someone forces it down your throat like you android fanatics do all the time. Your os is the best. We have heard...

1. The last time i checked apple devices come in variants, 16 64, and 128gb which i know your darling droids dont have at the moment. You choose what u want.

2. Thats the beauty of ios. Hardly would u beef to do a reset unlike ur darling droids :p. This is because the hardware and software are beautifully integrated together and apps do not hold the os to ransom like u experience everyday (force close, wait etc.

3. So u need a new remote and you bought a phone, congrats.

4. Just because you dont have access to the file manager doesnt mean all files are dumped in the same folder in iphones. A simple jailbreak will convince you.

5.youre right about itunes. But to say you need iphoto to copy pictures out of iphone. Come on, say something else.

6. Any oem reserves the right to whatever hardware it wants for its products. Ure complaining of cable, tell tecno and others too to use snapdragon chipsets like others

7. Apples ios is engineered in a way that the appstore is the sole location for downloading apps. This makes cases of malware, vunerabilities and spywares and other nasty installations that the android ecosystem is notoriously famous for. For jailbroken devices, the cydia appstore also serves as a secondary base of apps to download too. Be illuminated.

8. Guest mode accounts werent a feature of android up till lollipop which im sure u dont have on your device. However be rest assured that its not so far away from ios. By the way have u heard of family sharing.. Google is ur buddy.

9. Who the hell needs google map when there is sygic map there that works seamlessly with realtime locations, thousands of poi and the best feature, u can use it OFFLINE.
10. Apple cares much about security and pattern lock is on the lowest level in security terms yet u say android is better because of that. Hell if youre using an exchange mail account on ur crapdroid, u can NEVER set a pattern lock as ur phone password. Reason? Read the above.

11. Widgets? Ever heard of ios 8?

12. Tell me where else to keep apps beside the home screen. And before u mention folders, ios users have been enjoying that long since before it debuted on android kitkat.
13. Well u may have a point.

14. Thank God u said a few phones. Out of those phone users, how many actually use d feature. I had a galaxy mega for close to two years and i could count on one hand how many times i used that feature. NEXT

15. Point well noted. Rather than set that, ill ask my PA (Siri) to wake me up at five. Dasall

Believe me, ive seen it all. Rooting xposed cyanogen 7-12. Odin etc. theres no big deal in android. [/b]You deserve a lagfree os where ure readily assured of an os upgrade for at least three years on a steady note, where ur device has a higher resale value

Where d prices of devices dont drop like a steam pot
Where u have a beautifully designed os which integrates with the hardware to produce a seamless experience and regular updates which shields you away from the need to flash roms.
Where a 1gb ram dualcore device is more powerful than other octacore hexacore decarcore 3gb devices.
Where a 1900mAH battery would last u for 24 hours 3g usage

Welcome to ios 8.[b]

Kai.... See analysis finnishing... I love when i see things like this.... It couldnt ve been said better IOS all the way...
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
iPhone is a marketing fad! Those who would do anything to have it would do so no matter what you say. They are bunch of blind iSheep! angry lipsrsealed cool
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by smatadex(m): 9:31pm On Jan 30, 2015
Chai bro you are too much, tell am make e know what's up. Thumb up for iPhones users
threadstone:

Shall I continue
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by smatadex(m): 9:36pm On Jan 30, 2015
No mind him, e never use iphone before nah
loswhite:
how can you see when you are blind...lol
Re: 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone by smatadex(m): 9:52pm On Jan 30, 2015
LewisO:
Andriod the best OS so far! #teamSAMSUNG... cool

Lol........no be tecno u dey use?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures You Can Relate To When You Browse With Data In Nigeria / How To Know If Someone Is Sharing My Data With Me (AIRTEL) / Whats the difference between Blackberry Bold 2 And Bold 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.