Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,923 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:30 AM

AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners (15541 Views)

AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi / Finally, AMCON Sells Keystone Bank / 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by Adesiji77: 4:30am On Jan 28, 2015
The Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria has transferred the ownership of Mainstreet Bank Limited and Enterprise Bank Limited to their new owners, Skye Bank Plc and Heritage Bank Limited, respectively.

At the divestment ceremony held in Lagos on Tuesday, Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Godwin Emefiele, warned against a reoccurrence of the factors which led to the takeover of the three bridged banks, namely Mainstreet Bank, Enterprise Bank and Keystone Bank Limited.

According to him, if the bridge bank option had not been adopted in 2011, the systemic crisis in the banking crisis would have been unprecedented and costly in terms of its effects on other banks.

He thanked AMCON and the interim management of the two banks for taking up the responsibility of assisting the CBN to stabilise the bridged banks and restoring them to good financial health.

The Chairman, AMCON, Alhaji Kola Belgore, that the bridged banks had been restored to financial solvency, stating that Mainstreet Bank’s profit at the end of December 2014 stood at N13bn while Enterprise Bank recorded a profit of N3bn.

The Managing Director, AMCON, Mr. Mustafa Chike-Obi, said the corporation’s divestment from the bridge banks was in line with the CBN’s regulation to leave banks in the hands of public hands.

He noted that Keystone Bank would be sold after the elections.

The Managing Director, Heritage Bank, Mr. Ifie Sekibo, thanked the CBN, AMCON, Securities and Exchange Commission and former management of the bridge banks for making the process transparent.

Sekibo said, “We promise to make the bank more successful. We will create more value and improve on what has been done at Enterprise Banks. One year from now, we will see reasons to appreciate the sale of the bank to Heritage Bank.”

The Group Managing Director, Skye Bank Plc, owners of Mainstreet Bank, Mr. Timothy Oguntayo, said the bank saw value and synergies in the acquired bank and promised to harness and optimise the value.

AMCON had recently announced both Skye Bank and Heritage Bank as the preffered bidders for Mainstreet Bank and Enterprise Bank respectively in the last quarter of 2014. Both banks had since completed the payments for the 100 per cent shares of the two acquired banks, and are currently conducting a process for seamless integration.

http://www.punchng.com/business/money/amcon-transfers-enterprise-mainstreet-banks-to-new-owners/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by DWJOBScom(m): 6:04am On Jan 28, 2015
Please take over and employ more qualified young people.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by siraj1402(m): 6:53am On Jan 28, 2015
I smell politics.I hope the new owner banks are not those who donated the N20b for the re election?We will soon know the really truth.

3 Likes

Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by J0nyb0y(m): 6:54am On Jan 28, 2015
unemployment spree
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by richardjemedafe1(m): 6:54am On Jan 28, 2015
Alleluya

I,Me,Myself,Girlfriends and my family we Endorse
GEJ wiff the sum Of
69 vote...........

Hit Like if u will vote for Jonathan comes February.......

Let's join hands to make buhari cry to his grave, while we put the APC to shame

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by habex050: 6:54am On Jan 28, 2015
not so bad news

1 Like

Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by teemanbastos(m): 6:55am On Jan 28, 2015
whether they transfer it to World Bank.
I just want to inform all that
itz GEJ till May 29th,2015.

BUHARI IS THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA.
OSINBAJO IS THE NEXT VICE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA..
May 29,2015 on my mind.
How many likes 4 GMB/OSINBAJO?

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by ichidodo: 6:56am On Jan 28, 2015
Good.. Let us bring back the golden age of the Banking sector.
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by Patangela: 6:57am On Jan 28, 2015
Good move
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by lawrencemleopo: 6:57am On Jan 28, 2015
hmmm
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by Harrisonn(m): 6:57am On Jan 28, 2015
NICE ONE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by kagari: 7:00am On Jan 28, 2015
But skye bank and heritage bank neva see road yet na. Talking about the one eye man leading the blind
As for me and my girlfriend we would vote for buhari. Can i see a resounding like

17 Likes

Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by frodobee: 7:00am On Jan 28, 2015
Economy getting strong. Better mangers.
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 28, 2015
hmmmm!

skye bank of life.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 28, 2015
this land is not for sale despite its naira land beware of 419...grin
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 28, 2015
Sai buhari!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by kingopta(m): 7:05am On Jan 28, 2015
hmm.....hope this will be good sha?
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 28, 2015
richardjemedafe1:
Alleluya

I,Me,Myself,Girlfriends and my family we Endorse
GEJ wiff the sum Of
69 vote...........

Hit Like if u will vote for Jonathan comes February.......

Let's join hands to make buhari cry to his grave, while we put the APC to shame
u be confirm ISIE EWU!

4 Likes

Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by ignis: 7:06am On Jan 28, 2015
Let's hope this is the best move...
Tired of news like this since the banking industry became politically hijacked.
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by munex007(m): 7:07am On Jan 28, 2015
Bro Na so..

Tunde Ayeni the guy that donated 2b..He also acquired Nitel through his consortium..

They don sell Naija finish..

#Gejout

siraj1402:
I smell politics.I hope the new owner banks are not those who donated the N20b for the re election?We will soon know the really truth.

4 Likes

Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by cleric(m): 7:07am On Jan 28, 2015
What is it with all these take over and transfers? Still don't understand how Mainstreet bank took over afribank. Now they are skye bank. Are they trying to emulate airtel that thrives with name/ownership changes? undecided undecided undecided
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by Oildichotomy(m): 7:08am On Jan 28, 2015
We are getting there
GEJ 2019
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by sagio09: 7:09am On Jan 28, 2015
Jst Saw a "Breaking news:Obasanjo defects to APC?" Who else saw It? And wats ur analysis about diz? Is jonathan really goin to make it this time around? Or is the............................
#CHANGE really gonna happen dis tym around?
May I hear 4rm d voice of th masses.....
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by bangingblog: 7:10am On Jan 28, 2015
cheesy
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by pat077: 7:12am On Jan 28, 2015
i hate skyebank.
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by munex007(m): 7:13am On Jan 28, 2015
Dear intelligent Nigerian - Are You Aware?
• That Skye Bank Plc Chairman, Chief Tunde Ayeni bought Nigeria's moribund M-TEL/NITEL for $252M?
Are You Aware?
• That Skye Bank Plc Chairman, Chief Tunde Ayeni bought the Ibadan (PHCN) Disco Distribution?
Are You Aware?

• That Skye Bank Plc Chairman, Chief Tunde Ayeni bought Mainstreet Bank Plc for #120B for skyebank to acquire mainstreet bank?
Are You Aware?

• That Skye Bank Plc Chairman, Chief Tunde Ayeni donated a whopping N2Billion to President Goodluck's re-election fund on Saturday 20th December?
Are You Aware?
• That President Goodluck Jonathan just
after 2 days of receiving # 2B donation from Skye Bank Plc chairman, has approved increase in tariff of PHCN?
...................    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .....................
It's unfortunate that people who support
Jonathan misrule to continue think they are doing Buhari harm. The only harm being done is to themselves and every other Nigerian. By 2019, our country would have been completely sold to the highest bidder and nothing will be left for us, honest and hard-working Nigerians if u allow PDP to continue. !!!.
• If you hate Buhari because he is a Muslim, at least look at his Vice, he is a Pastor. • If you hate Buhari because he doesn't have a "Primary Six certificate", as some ignorants are claiming, look at his Vice, he is a Professor of Law. • If you fear that as a formal military leader, Buhari may have the tendency of not upholding the rule of law, then look at his Vice, he is a distinguished Lawyer and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria.• Even if you think Buhari has nothing to offer, he cannot be as hopeless, corrupt and harmful to Nigerians as Jonathan's Government. !!• You have no reason to allow this corrupt administration of GEJ / PDP to continue till 2019 when you can booth them out now.•
Vote wisely. Be intelligent.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 28, 2015
Hope there won't be another transfer. People interest in banking with such banks have totally died down.
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by MrBenSun: 7:21am On Jan 28, 2015
hmmmm
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by BokoHaramm: 7:22am On Jan 28, 2015
cleric:
What is it with all these take over and transfers? Still don't understand how Mainstreet bank took over afribank. Now they are skye bank. Are they trying to emulate airtel that thrives with name/ownership changes? undecided undecided undecided
go back to school bro or show your certificate like GMB.

2 Likes

Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by danielmichael(m): 7:22am On Jan 28, 2015
teemanbastos:
whether they transfer it to World Bank.
I just want to inform all that
itz GEJ till May 29th,2015.

BUHARI IS THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA.
OSINBAJO IS THE NEXT VICE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA..
May 29,2015 on my mind.

Tell that to your old DAD
Or your grand DAD
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by 234Forum: 7:23am On Jan 28, 2015
Ahh
Re: AMCON Transfers Enterprise, Mainstreet Banks To New Owners by BokoHaramm: 7:23am On Jan 28, 2015
Let's build great banks with a breath of FRESH AIR

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices / Lagos State Government Starts Sale Of Lake Rice For Eid-el-fitr / What Are The Products Nigeria Make?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.