Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,190 members, 7,780,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:17 PM

Yaya Toure Ready To Lead By Example As Ivory Coast Face Group D Decider - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yaya Toure Ready To Lead By Example As Ivory Coast Face Group D Decider (384 Views)

Ivory Coast Vs Senegal Match Abandoned After Fans Invade Pitch(pics+video) / Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup / Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yaya Toure Ready To Lead By Example As Ivory Coast Face Group D Decider by Moh4newsafrica(f): 11:29am On Jan 28, 2015
Progression to the second round could be decided by the drawing of lots after four 1-1 draws but the Manchester City midfielder will hope not to leave it to chance against Cameroon

If Yaya Toure retires from international football at the same age as Ivory Coast’s last captain, Didier Drogba, he will still have at least one Africa Cup of Nations after this year’s edition left in him.

So Wednesday’s decisive Group D fixture against Cameroon is not quite do or die for the Manchester City star’s legacy, but his chances of a shot at glory in his country’s colours are undeniably running out.

“We need to lead with a good example,” Toure told Goal before the tournament. “I think Drogba has been an example for his country and now it’s my part to do it as captain. I will try to do my best and help the team to go and do it.”

Whether Toure leads the Elephants to the knockout stage or heads back to England early could even end up depending on the drawing of lots.

read more<<<<<<<<<http://newsafricanow.com/yaya-toure-ready-to-lead-by-example-as-ivory-coast-face-group-d-decider/

(1) (Reply)

Miami Heat’s Dwyane Wade Out For Three Weeks / Kalu Uche Confident Of Levante’s Relegation Survival / Harry Redknapp Quits Struggling QPR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.