Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,790 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) (56689 Views)

$7billion: I Won’t Apologise To Soludo – Falana / Okonjo-iweala Responds To Oshiomhole's Accusation / Ndi Igbo, How Could Soludo, Attack Ngozi Iweala? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by mtprofessor5(m): 2:18pm On Jan 28, 2015
2fine2fast:
She should explain to us how our Darling Naira has fared under her misadministration.

$1 = #213
Sabo market, Ibadan.
26-01-2015

That's my problem with you people. You don't read. You just want to comment

Read the article and you will know why the value naira fell

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 28, 2015
pazienza:
Soludo should have stayed away from meddling into this national politics.

Why?

When has participating in the debating space become a taboo? The government officials and PDP members can do better in this debate than this unending and ridiculous attacks on anyone participating in the debate from the opposite side.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 28, 2015
Did he fail as CBN governor or not? Do u know wot his time as CBN governor cost the Nigerian economy? Do u know how much of tax payers money the CBN had to use to bail out the failing banks? Do u know how many shareholders had to forfeit their shares in the nationalised banks? Do u know how many bankers lost their jobs in the banking reform that followed and the no of bank branches that remain closed to dis day?
We are all educated pple. Let's talk based on fatcs.

5 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by odunkha(m): 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2015
Useless woman of the highest order....
Her blood brother still owning his staff dec salary not to talk abt jan...
#Shame.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by stinggy(m): 2:25pm On Jan 28, 2015
obailala:
[size=13pt]Now it is Soludo. No more SLS[/size] undecided

Isn't it funny how the focus is now on Soludo and no longer Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. I remember vividly when SLS was 'running his mouth' and enlightening Nigerians on the fraud going on in high places. Jonathan and the Jonathanians castigated SLS, called him all sorts of names, pronounced him the worst CBN governor ever who destroyed our banks (built and consolidated by the fine economist, Soludo) and they even proceeded to end his banking career. We all know the end result, SLS was finally exalted to his dream retirement job as the Emir.

Fast forward the clocks by 12 months, Prof Soludo has decided to break his silence on the sham going on in high places and the tables have suddenly turned around. The much praised and celebrated Prof Soludo is now the worst CBN governor who destroyed our banks until God sent SLS to come and rescue the nation.

I dey laugh (in OBJ's voice)!

If by any means Jonathan rules Nigeria till 2019, the Jonathanians would have succeeded in rubbishing every single person left in this world except of course, themselves. Who knows, Jonathan himself may even wake up one day and tell Nigerians that his wife is responsible for our woes; it always has to be others undecided

They can't get more confused than this. Imagine, they now refer to SLS as god-sent
This people should cover their heads in shame. Very shameless pack!!
And their thralls will soon come here to defend them as usual.
Very pathetic to say the least.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by BashMe1(m): 2:25pm On Jan 28, 2015
Hw can she be talking? Didn't dis woman leave World Bank to wallop public fund here. Mumu woman.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 28, 2015
I am very disappointed at the response. Actually stopped reading after the third paragraph. A ll I saw there were personal attacks on Soludo when I was hoping for a response that adequately addresses some of the challenges Soludo wrote about.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by Keegan: 2:28pm On Jan 28, 2015
synergycom19:
The Worst empty headed,another PHD holding Finance Minister ever in Nigeria

You dey mind dem? Yeye people.
They just dey 419 naija pipu. In the land of the blind, one eyed frustrated woman is queen.
They messed us up, squandered golden opportunities to make Nigeria great again.
Here we are now, we are all into this together, she's ran out of ideas that's why she's been muted for a while.
Nigerians must ask questions about the missing $20bn and the reports of the external auditors.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by kent79: 2:29pm On Jan 28, 2015
See yeye woman, she come dey abuse soludo. Can u compare her response to d response of APC stalwarts? Rubbish!

Even though I do not support Buhari, I still abhor d activities of dis PDP executive thugs.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by Seun(m): 2:29pm On Jan 28, 2015
striktlymi:
I am very disappointed at the response. Actually stopped reading after the third paragraph.
Your mistake.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by Walemi1(m): 2:29pm On Jan 28, 2015
Soludo is fustrated lyk Samklef
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by ceejayluv(m): 2:31pm On Jan 28, 2015
tbaba1234:

Not an excuse, GEJ presided over the highest average oil prices.. We could have been prepared for this.
Tinubu and the governors forum led by Amaechi kicked against saving money in the SWF , preferred to share it among the tiers.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by Keegan: 2:32pm On Jan 28, 2015
Fadelex:
it doesn't take an Harvard degree to know that our economy is in crisis, okonjo iweala is overrated. she can't stand any iota of criticism, she can only intimidate her critics without addressing the issues raised. how on earth do you place your benchmark 25% above the current crude oil price? she might be learned but her application is very poor, she's far from reality and she's one of the major reason the president is underperforming. no matter they say about soludo, it is evident that he's a well respected economist who brings various transformations ti our banking sector. soludo is not just a banker, he's a world class economist, and only time will tell before all the lapses of okonjo iweala is exposed.

God bless you sir.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by ceejayluv(m): 2:33pm On Jan 28, 2015
odunkha:
Useless woman of the highest order....
Her blood brother still owning his staff dec salary not to talk abt jan...
#Shame.
That's a white lie....
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by omonnakoda: 2:33pm On Jan 28, 2015
Very disappointing words from this woman. I like to think I am neutral and objective and support neither personality.
I am disappointed that she has chosen to attack Soludo in such a personal way. It demeans her office.
With regards to her analysis it is two faced. On the one hand she castigates Soludo for the failed banks but claims credit for the purported stability of the exchange rate. Either that is Monetary policy or it is not.(CBN domain) She cannot castigate Soludo but take credit for Sanusi. She was Minister of Finance for them both. Let us think would she have responded with such personal words whilst working at the World Bank? When a sheep plays with dogs it develops a taste for faeces

Soludo was very specific on the issue of Jobs and Soludo did not side with APC or PDP.

The truth is that unemployment has remained high and NOI has no plan.
Her very first budget was a fiasco we all remember the the embarrassing oil subsidy debacle.
She claimed that excess crude was depleted by state governors but their share is less than half what of the FG's share why was that not saved?
The reality is that NOI has no plan and no ideas on how to improve the lives of Nigerians. She even attributes the SUDDEN drop in exchange rate to drop in oil prices. why did the exchange rate not drop when prices were rising after all the the exchange rate was 80 Naira under Abacha. She does not understand what is going on. In actual fact some of it is down to Strengthening of the dollar against ALL currencies but what does that have to do with ordinary Nigerians? Why are we so dollarized and why have we borrowed so much when oil prices were high .Now that prices are low how will we service those debts? We will have to RESCHEDULE at higher interest rates and get into the SAME MESS all over again. Managing an economy is very different from the World Bank.It is not a theoretical exercise and this woman has no clue.Abusing Soludo solves nothing

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by senatorbayor(m): 2:34pm On Jan 28, 2015
Ikengawo:

Mrs Iweala or Jonathan never hated Sanusi. GEJ suspended him for making unproven accusations and working with the opposition but otherwise they worked closely with him day to day

but the same GEJ govt under the supervision of N.O.I admitted that a huge sum of $10B is yet to be accounted for in the NNPC account as against the $20B alleged by SLS. she went further to say the KPMG will audit the account and by their calculation, the report was supposed to be out by NOV 2014 but they have sat on it.
so which unproven case did GEJ have over SLS to suspend him
shioooo.....

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by immanuello(m): 2:35pm On Jan 28, 2015
This woman is very brainless and very subjective and unintelligible in the sit she is. She is to me an ego- delusional shameless nigerian underperforming ruderal.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by ceejayluv(m): 2:35pm On Jan 28, 2015
Fadelex:
it doesn't take an Harvard degree to know that our economy is in crisis, okonjo iweala is overrated. she can't stand any iota of criticism, she can only intimidate her critics without addressing the issues raised. how on earth do you place your benchmark 25% above the current crude oil price? she might be learned but her application is very poor, she's far from reality and she's one of the major reason the president is underperforming. no matter they say about soludo, it is evident that he's a well respected economist who brings various transformations ti our banking sector. soludo is not just a banker, he's a world class economist, and only time will tell before all the lapses of okonjo iweala is exposed.
Drop figures pls... The oil price hovered circa $100 per barrel when the benchmark was set at 50-60 dollars... Don't let sentiments cloud your judgement.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by ceejayluv(m): 2:36pm On Jan 28, 2015
immanuello:
This woman is very brainless and very subjective and unintelligible in the sit she is. She is to me an ego- delusional shameless nigerian underperforming ruderal.
Just say you didn't understand the terms she put out there...

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by ibisko04: 2:37pm On Jan 28, 2015
Now, we can start asking questions from Madam Ngozi . What is happening to all the power projects (Transmission line and Power sub stations) awarded since 2011?.
All projects with 24months completion period remains as bushes in 2015.
I am directing this question to Madam Iweala because of her role as the co-ordinating and the defacto prime minister of the economy of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 28, 2015
Seun:
Your mistake.

Hmmm...

You think so?

Okay, maybe I will go back to continue reading and see how well the concerns of Soludo (and I believe a number of Nigerians) were addressed.

This time though I will skip through the personal attacks.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by tbaba1234: 2:37pm On Jan 28, 2015
ceejayluv:

Tinubu and the governors forum led by Amaechi kicked against saving money in the SWF , preferred to share it among the tiers.

Did you hear the reason given by Amaechi?

The account was being depleted without any explanation.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by Alleybuy(m): 2:37pm On Jan 28, 2015
"We hope all the intellectuals in the international circles, in which Professor Soludo has told us he flies around in, will read what a Professor of Economics has chosen to do with his intellect."

That was a TKO. A punch below d belt. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by senatorbayor(m): 2:38pm On Jan 28, 2015
No matter the defense madam N.O.I put up, let her back it up with the K.P.M.G report on the missing $20b that was released to the govt in NOV 2014.
The report of the KPMG has been sat on by the GEJ govt as findings will be too alarming for Nigerians to swallow.
#release KPMG report now#

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 28, 2015
mtprofessor5:

That's my problem with you people. You don't read. You just want to comment

Read the article and you will know why the value naira fell

all countries that depend on crude oil are going thru d same tin. go and read abt wot is happening in russia. i believe our youths are too educated to be displaying this ignorance. they will even say certificate is not an issue in an election year. if u r educated and u think like dis, then i wonder the reason why your parents laboured to see you through school if education doesnt matter. let's us present facts. facts they say is sacred. enuf of all these propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by manny4life(m): 2:40pm On Jan 28, 2015
Space booked... Be back later
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by Keegan: 2:40pm On Jan 28, 2015
Eillo:
i was expecting this

She can't stand criticisms, she's so weak.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 28, 2015
"Contrary to what Soludo said, oil
production under President Obasanjo was
higher than current levels.
Quantities produced averaged 2.4 million
barrels per day, bpd; 2.22 million bpd,
and 2.21 million bpd in 2005, 2006, and
2007 respectively, but has declined now
to between 1.95 and 2.21 million bpd due
to vandalism of the pipelines and the
resulting “shut-ins” to fix the problem.
It is true that had production been at
the previous levels and had there been
willingness to save, we would have had
more money in the ECA and also in the
reserves."

lies from the pit of hell. Within the past few years Nigeria's oil production per barrel surpassed 2million barrels and also the price has remained at an all time high of over $100 per barrel within the past few years as against Obasanjo's average of $35 pb. The question remains what happened to the excess accrued to the Federal government within these yrs, yet its continued borrowing despite the oil boom?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by immanuello(m): 2:40pm On Jan 28, 2015
senatorbayor:

but the same GEJ govt under the supervision of N.O.I admitted that a huge sum of $10B is yet to be accounted for in the NNPC account as against the $20B alleged by SLS. she went further to say the KPMG will audit the account and by their calculation, the report was supposed to be out by NOV 2014 but they have sat on it.
so which unproven case did GEJ have over SLS to suspend him
shioooo.....
A celebrated economic mediocre spoofing as a competent and result producing CME, shooking my head for blinded nigerian educated illiterates in the annals of our nation economy.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by nijanigga: 2:40pm On Jan 28, 2015
Ikengawo:

Mrs Iweala or Jonathan never hated Sanusi. GEJ suspended him for making unproven accusations and working with the opposition but otherwise they worked closely with him day to day
you must be a human with goat head.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by arsetalks(m): 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2015
kaycid77:

Her special adviser said something and now its NOI.... premium times useless media,we know ur origin...ndi ofe-oil
Her PA/SA isn't working for her any more? You honestly believe that statement would be released without her approval?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) by ceejayluv(m): 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2015
tbaba1234:

Did you hear the reason given by Amaechi?

The account was being depleted without any explanation.
Amaechi literally said there's no need to save money when there are pressing,needs to attend to. Heck, he said they can't tell him what to do with his share of the allocation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo Begins Work At NOUN As Students Facilitator (Photos) / Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS / Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.