Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof (4387 Views)

Apc Claims Buhari Is Responsible For The U-17 World Cup Victory / APC Claims Victory In Presidential Election Ahead Of Inec’s Declaration / GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:00pm On Jan 28, 2015
In line with their typical modus operandi of re-writing of history, Buhari apologists are now claiming that Gloria Okon died during the IBB Regime.
Nothing could be further from the truth.

Glory (Gloria) Okon died on April 24th, 1985 at the Murtala Muhammed Hospital Kano, when Muhamaadu Buhari was the Head of State
Here is how the story was covered by Concord Weekly, 16 May, 1985:
“Glory Okon, the lady who was arrested for heroin smuggling at Aminu Kano International Airport a fortnight ago, is dead.
Concord learnt that she passed away at the Murtala Muhammed Hospital, Kano, on 24th April.
Ms Okon’s last address was given as 17 Cole Street, Surulere, Lagos.
Her death, already confirmed by police, came at time when speculations were ripe that she might be the source of leading FG agents to the real brains behind drug trafficiking in the country…
She had broken the oath of secrecy which surrounds drug pushing by naming a known businessman as ‘her mentor’ in the trade…
It was also know that, even before being referred to the police, she had started a hunger strike.
Police spokesman in Kano, Mr. B, Nwadikuwa, who confirmed Glory’s death, did not link the death with the hunger strike.
In fact, he said the cause of death was already being investigated…”

Here is a screen cap of the cover and the article.

http://ad76.com/2015/01/27/contrary-to-apc-claims-gloria-okon-died-when-buhari-was-head-of-state-heres-proof/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:03pm On Jan 28, 2015
You can also see how various APC linked handles have categorically tried to re-write her story.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by ayuse(m): 2:44pm On Jan 28, 2015
I really wish to understand what President Jonathan campaign team and suporters are trying to promote. Lets agree she died while Buhari was head of state, are u pple in support of her activities (smuggling heroin)? That she should not have been arrested for such terrible activities? or that she should v been given VIP treatment for smuggling heroin? Pls lets not loose our sensibility simply bc u want to discredit Buhari. Today we see NDLEA looking for, arresting and prosecuting drug dealers, we saw what NDLEA took Baba Suwe through just to prove that he was smuggling cocaine, should we tell them to stop doing their work since to GEJ supporters Buhari regime's arrest of Gloria is evil. Those who want Jonathan re-elected should do so with decorum and stop promoting immoral and low life activities.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by stebell(m): 2:53pm On Jan 28, 2015
APC is a party whose foundation is on lies and propaganda.

OP, let them continue in their repackaging and rebranding of Buhari, at the end they will fail like Buhari has been failing.

GEJ Rocks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by asEdeyHOT: 2:55pm On Jan 28, 2015
what do u call a man that is 40+ and copies stories from blogs and opens a thread about them?

sunnymumu

2 Likes

Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by ionsman: 3:28pm On Jan 28, 2015
ayuse:
I really wish to understand what President Jonathan campaign team and suporters are trying to promote. Lets agree she died while Buhari was head of state, are u pple in support of her activities (smuggling heroin)? That she should not have been arrested for such terrible activities? or that she should v been given VIP treatment for smuggling heroin? Pls lets not loose our sensibility simply bc u want to discredit Buhari. Today we see NDLEA looking for, arresting and prosecuting drug dealers, we saw what NDLEA took Baba Suwe through just to prove that he was smuggling cocaine, should we tell them to stop doing their work since to GEJ supporters Buhari regime's arrest of Gloria is evil. Those who want Jonathan re-elected should do so with decorum and stop promoting immoral and low life activities.
My brother,when I read what these gej supporters write,I feel pain.
This op has no single shame.The woman would have been conferred with a national award . God help your brainwashed souls.
Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:20pm On Jan 28, 2015
ionsman:

My brother,when I read what these gej supporters write,I feel pain.
This op has no single shame.The woman would have been conferred with a national award . God help your brainwashed souls.

When I say APC followers like the one I quoted have got no brains, people think I'm joking.

Mr Man, if you know nothing about Gloria Okon, ask and you shall be educated. Gloria, a drug courier was arrested with heroin under Buhari's administration, she was said to have spilled the beans by mentioning the drug barons who she worked for and these people were people in high positions of authority in Buhari's government.

A couple of weeks after she allegedly named names, it was announced that she was dead.

Why did Buhari not take action against those mentioned?

Why did he not investigate her death as there were rumours that she didn't die but was smuggled out of the country.

Those are the question that shows Buhari's culpability.

ayuse take note of the explanation too. I know Nairaland is populated mainly by teenagers who know nothing about Buhari.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by ionsman: 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

When I say APC followers like the one I quoted has got no brains, people think I'm joking.

Mr Man, if you know nothing about Gloria Okon, ask and you shall be educated. Gloria, a drug courier was arrested with heroin under Buhari's administration, she was said to have spilled the beans by mentioning the drug barons who she worked for and these people were people in high positions of authority in Buhari's government.

A couple of weeks after she allegedly named names, it was announced that she was dead.

Why did he not investigate her death as there were rumours that she didn't die but was smuggled out of the country.

ayuse take note of the explanation too. I know Nairaland is populated mainly by teenagers who know nothing about Buhari.
You mean the same way gej investigated abba moro on the immigration scam?
BLOODY TW.AT.

7 Likes

Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:29pm On Jan 28, 2015
ionsman:

You mean the same way gej investigated abba moro on the immigration scam?
BLOODY TW.AT.

This is what you get when contraceptives fail.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 28, 2015
Gloria Okon was rightly arrested at the Airport when Buhari was Head of State. She was in possession of drugs. Ideally, she was supposed to face trial and executed, but reports from the media claimed gloria had confessed that she was working for IBB and Maryam his wife. IBB was Military chief. In same Year, IBB had announced that Gloria died in the hospital. Same year, Buhari was toppled just few months after by the same IBB. Chief Dele Giwa travelled to London where he met the same Gloria Okon(iBB was in power then), he raised alarm and was writing on it before he was murdered. The matter had nothing to do with GMB. The said "report" by Sunnybobo was the LIEs of IBB.
This excert is on IBB
Incidentally, this was a man on who the National Human Rights Violation Commission, otherwise called the Oputa Panel, concluded that there is evidence to suggest that he and the two security chiefs, retired Brigadier Generals Halilu Akilu and Kunle Togun, are accountable for the death by letter bomb of the Editor-in-Chief of Newswatch magazine, Dele Giwa. The panel recommended that Giwa's case be re-opened for further investigation in the public interest.
The controversies in which the Babangida figure is enshrouded include the gulf war windfall that was grossly misappropriated, giving birth to the Pius Okigbo panel and the scandal involving a certain Gloria Okon, a drug trafficking suspect who died in detention in very suspicious circumstances. The allegation has long been made informally that she was linked with the Babangida family and might have been whisked away to safety in some overseas recluse. Official gate keeping in the case of Okon may have led to the brutal murder of Giwa, as some have alleged.
Already, Babangida has openly apologised to the Abiola family for his role in the events that led to the death of international business mogul, Moshood Abiola, the unofficial winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election annulled by Babangida's government. Would anyone give this kind of a leader a clean bill?
http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201004261209.html/

1 Like

Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by ionsman: 4:33pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

This is what you get when contraceptives fail.
You still a TW.AT

3 Likes

Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:34pm On Jan 28, 2015
ionsman:

You still a TW.AT

Ilaboya, Ilaboya, Ilaboya, surugede is a dance of the spirits.

1 Like

Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:35pm On Jan 28, 2015
asEdeyHOT:
what do u call a man that is 40+ and copies stories from blogs and opens a thread about them?

sunnymumu

This is what you get when condoms leak. Product of a leaking condom.
Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by ionsman: 4:37pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Ilaboya, Ilaboya, Ilaboya, surugede is a dance of the spirits.
You no reach......Please swerve....

1 Like

Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by Change2015(m): 4:38pm On Jan 28, 2015
Gloria Okon was rumored to be connected to the Babangidas, the same people that installed and later overthrew Buhari. IBB is still a member of the pdp. Please go ask him for the full story. Perhaps Kashamu the other alleged drug smuggler and pdp West chieftain, can also provide further details.

https://www.nairaland.com/733233/ibb-part-one
https://www.nairaland.com/28176/what-happened-gloria-okon

#change
#GMB
#APC

2 Likes

Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by size40: 4:40pm On Jan 28, 2015
Under GEJ's adminstration, more than 30 thousand Nigerians have died through the bullets of boko haram alone. At least GEJ attested to this last yr in France when he attended 4 nations security meeting in France which involved President of Chad, Cameron, Niger Republic an Nigeria on the invitation of the French govt concerning Book Haram.

1 Like

Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

When I say APC followers like the one I quoted has got no brains, people think I'm joking.

I promised myself to stop responding to fools. Perhaps you have no knowlege of history, I will pardon your folly. Gloria Okon was rightly arrested at the Airport when Buhari was Head of State. She was in possession of drugs. Ideally, she was supposed to face trial and executed, but reports from the media claimed gloria had confessed that she was working for IBB and Maryam his wife. IBB was Military chief. In same Year, IBB had announced that Gloria died in the hospital. Same year, Buhari was toppled just few months after by the same IBB. Chief Dele Giwa travelled to London where he met the same Gloria Okon(iBB was in power then), he raised alarm and was writing on it before he was murdered. The matter had nothing to do with GMB.

I have never seen a revisionist like you guys, but you are very poor at revisionism. There is NO time has Buhari been fingered in Okon's saga. You PDP think we are all fools. Which Okon died? You don't even know anything. Old kid

1 Like

Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:46pm On Jan 28, 2015
barcanista:
Gloria Okon was rightly arrested at the Airport when Buhari was Head of State. She was in possession of drugs. Ideally, she was supposed to face trial and executed, but reports from the media claimed gloria had confessed that she was working for IBB and Maryam his wife. IBB was Military chief. In same Year, IBB had announced that Gloria died in the hospital. Same year, Buhari was toppled just few months after by the same IBB. Chief Dele Giwa travelled to London where he met the same Gloria Okon(iBB was in power then), he raised alarm and was writing on it before he was murdered. The matter had nothing to do with GMB. The said "report" by Sunnybobo was the LIEs of IBB. http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201004261209.html/

You still didn't address issues raised. Gloria Okon was arrested and allegedly made confessions linking IBB and his wife Maryam to the drug deal during Buhari's time as Head of State. She 'died' (some say disappeared) on 24th April 1985, still under Buhari's rule.

Why didn't Buhari act on Gloria ' confession for the 5 months between her arrest and when he was overthrown by IBB?

#Armyarrangement_espiritdecorp

2 Likes

Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sometimes you reason like a kid. So you mean GMB should rush to arrest IBB based on "what somebody says" as in them say them sy things? Do you know whether or not IBB was undeer surveillance? Do you even know whether or not the story of Okon on IBB's involvement was true without a lead? As Defense Chief, IBB was very popular, anybody can call his name, only a lead can actually indict him. Where was the lead? IBB had said the gal had died, Do dead people talk? Or should Buhari had asked for her corps? Final question, Why was GMB overhrown and ALL his documents confisticated? Why was Dele Giwa murdered? Answer these if you must quote me.
Sunnybobo3:

You still didn't address issues raised. Gloria Okon was arrested and allegedly made confessions linking IBB and his wife Maryam to the drug deal during Buhari's time as Head of State. She 'died' (some say disappeared) on 24th April 1985, still under Buhari's rule.

Why didn't Buhari act on Gloria ' confession for the 5 months between her arrest and when he was overthrown by IBB?

Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by stevecantrell: 4:56pm On Jan 28, 2015
Hahaha ! The so called Gloria isn't even dead...she balling somewhere in E.U.
Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:57pm On Jan 28, 2015
barcanista:
Sometimes you reason like a kid. So you mean GMB should rush to arrest IBB based on "what somebody says" as in them say them sy things? Do you know whether or not IBB was undeer surveillance? Do you even know whether or not the story of Okon on IBB's involvement was true without a lead? As Defense Chief, IBB was very popular, anybody can call his name, only a lead can actually indict him. Where was the lead? IBB had said the gal had died, Do dead people talk? Or should Buhari had asked for her corps? Final question, Why was GMB overhrown and ALL his documents confisticated? Why was Dele Giwa murdered? Answer these if you must quote me.

Which lead did he use to arrest Ekwueme, Ojukwu and Pa Ajasin?

1 Like

Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:00pm On Jan 28, 2015
barcanista:

GMB was overthrown because his government became monstrous with no human face and no regards for the rule of law. Dele Giwa may have been murdered because of Gloria Okon but that still doesn't absolve Buhari of culpability by not acting. 5 months was a good enough time to act.

#paddy-paddy_arrangee

2 Likes

Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 28, 2015
No mind the agbaya op and Ayedee. Dem no wan debate make we thrash dem for here on nl
stevecantrell:
Hahaha ! The so called Gloria isn't even dead...she balling somewhere in E.U.

1 Like

Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by hikmojj(m): 5:17pm On Jan 28, 2015
VOTE BUHARI........ VOTE CHANGE
Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by asEdeyHOT: 6:25pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

This is what you get when condoms leak. Product of a leaking condom.

sunny grow up. time is going
Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by ayuse(m): 6:28pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

And who are the teenagers u are refering to? U can put across ur explanation without been condescending.
Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:36pm On Jan 28, 2015
barcanista:
No mind the agbaya op and Ayedee. Dem no wan debate make we thrash dem for here on nl

Like Your master Ogundamisi was trashed by MrAyedee, innit?

2 Likes

Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Like Your master Ogundamisi was trashed by MrAyedee, innit?
Make your Mr. Ayedee come nairaland...
Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by RockMaxi: 7:34pm On Jan 28, 2015
@Sunnybobo3 or what do you say you are, the history and facts available to we youths of today have seriously been distorted.
I have made up my mind not to discuss politics again but somebody just need to correct this errors passed over the media as facts.
Dele Giwa died because of Gloria Okon. IBB the Political Father of GEJ planned everything that you now carry in your head as facts.
Gloria Okon used that announcement of her death to escape the judgement that was meant for her.
Dele Giwa later travelled to London and saw Gloria. He even took pictures of her and showed them to IBB. Dele Giwa being the editor of the widely read TELL Magazine didn't know how dangerous IBB was but thought of publishing the news to expose IBB.
Well I don't need to tell you the rest. You choose what you believe as fact.
Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:55pm On Jan 28, 2015
RockMaxi:
@Sunnybobo3 or what do you say you are, the history and facts available to we youths of today have seriously been distorted.
I have made up my mind not to discuss politics again but somebody just need to correct this errors passed over the media as facts.
Dele Giwa died because of Gloria Okon. IBB the Political Father of GEJ planned everything that you now carry in your head as facts.
Gloria Okon used that announcement of her death to escape the judgement that was meant for her.
Dele Giwa later travelled to London and saw Gloria. He even took pictures of her and showed them to IBB. Dele Giwa being the editor of the widely read TELL Magazine didn't know how dangerous IBB was but thought of publishing the news to expose IBB.
Well I don't need to tell you the rest. You choose what you believe as fact.

Of a truth, primary school pupils have invaded Nairaland. For the records, Dele Giwa wasn't editor of TELL magazine, he was editor of NEWSWATCH.

The crux of the matter is; under whose government did the whole abracadabra take place?
Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by RockMaxi: 8:01pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Of a truth, primary school pupils have invaded Nairaland. For the records, Dele Giwa wasn't editor of TELL magazine, he was editor of NEWSWATCH.

The crux of the matter is; under whose government did the whole abracadabra take place?

Sorry for the mix up, most important thing to get is that you should not distort history based on biased journalism.
Re: Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 8:39pm On Jan 28, 2015
Under whose watch?

(1) (Reply)

Avengers Unite! Makes Headlines On The Economist / 4 APC Governors Who May Leave The Party (photos) / Who Says There Is Hardship In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.